Started on: 07-04-2020 01:07 PM
Replies: 28 (463 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 07-14-2020 02:33 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Oh Jesus... is that a rock lodged in his face?

Look at how close that came to his eye...
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Oh Jesus... is that a rock lodged in his face?

Look at how close that came to his eye...

Doesn't look real. Good Halloween costume? But I guess stranger things have happened.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Doesn't look real. Good Halloween costume? But I guess stranger things have happened.

I can't find it now, but the mate to this picture is of him at the hospital with the rock removed and the resulting crater it left behind.
It's real.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't find it now,...

Your google skillz are slipping.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Your google skillz are slipping.

Eh, my Google skilz were never up to my ever-decreasing exacting standards, anyway.
Thanx!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-04-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, I don't even know how you really fill that hole... just have to grab the skin and suture it closed... ouch...

I've never owned a motorcycle (though I do fancy an Indian), and though it never occurred to me this could happen... I'd like to think I'd have figured it out and worn a better helmet.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never owned a motorcycle (though I do fancy an Indian), and though it never occurred to me this could happen... I'd like to think I'd have figured it out and worn a better helmet.

I notice a lot of guys my age like the freedom of the brain bucket verses a full-face helmet.
It's a "beard-in-the-wind" thang.

In a sense, the buckets do exactly what their intended to do: Protect your brain.
With the addition of the PROPER riding goggles, all the other face **** can be repaired/reconstructed/replaced.
But cover that brain!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I notice a lot of guys my age like the freedom of the brain bucket verses a full-face helmet.

In a sense, the buckets do exactly what their intended to do: Protect your brain.

That guy's "brain" was defective. If it was a brain.

A NASCAR driver wears a helmet. Full Faced.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Style" is for posers. I am not a biker and I am not a squid. I am a motorcycle enthusiast.

I ride because I like motorcycles, not because of any "lifestyle". I have worn a full face helmet for most of my adult life.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

That guy's "brain" was defective. If it was a brain.

A NASCAR driver wears a helmet. Full Faced.

What's your excuse?

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of a bonehead of the year award. Notice, he had a face shield that might have prevented this. Whether he had it down or not, that's another question.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-04-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Kind of a bonehead of the year award. Notice, he had a face shield that might have prevented this. Whether he had it down or not, that's another question.

It looks like there is a scuff-mark on the shield around the same location the stone is if the shield were in it's down position...or a bug!

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is bug splat.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009
My face shield is up until about 30-40 mph, when the weather is nice.
I'm here to tell you that even rain drops hurt at 60 mph.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I ride because I like motorcycles, not because of any "lifestyle". I have worn a full face helmet for most of my adult life.

I like the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair... err, along my epidermis.

Seriously though... I don't ride a motorcycle, but I took up tandem cycling two summers ago. I had never worn a bike helmet previously (when I lasted cycled 45 years ago!), but I felt a little protection for my noggin might now be a good idea.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With the addition of the PROPER riding goggles, all the other face **** can be repaired/reconstructed/replaced.
But cover that brain!

I can see myself on a vintage Indian with a helmet like that I suppose... it doesn't make a lot of sense to wear a crotch rocket motorcycle. I don't have a motorcycle, so I dunno... but I'd probably want to get one with a face shield.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One experience that many years ago encouraged me to use a full face shield was hitting a June bug with my nose at about 50-60 mph. That really stung and I could easily see someone loosing control of the bike with a hard object hitting the face. I have definitely splatted a few bugs since then on various vehicles and was glad of full face covering shield.

Nelson
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've ridden 2 (and now 3) wheels for 40 years. The first 20 years, I felt comfortable wearing shorts, a t shirt and no lid. Then I grew up and realized I don't need to live w/the pain (or worse) due to an unintended dismount. These days I'm an ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) kind of rider. My clautrophobia won't allow me to wear a full face lid but I've got a good modular (HJC RPHA 90) and a couple very nice 3/4 lids w/a full face shield (Bell and Shoei). NC has a helmet law but it doesn't matter. Even if it didn't, I wouldn't leave the driveway w/o a lid.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I like the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair... err, along my epidermis.

Seriously though... I don't ride a motorcycle, but I took up tandem cycling two summers ago. I had never worn a bike helmet previously (when I lasted cycled 45 years ago!), but I felt a little protection for my noggin might now be a good idea.

Ha! This happy chappy in his snappy serape has adorned my mantel for many years:

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-05-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ha! This happy chappy in his snappy serape has adorned my mantel for many years:

Looks like Williegoat refused to do the dissection during biology class, and decided instead to take the frog home with him... now we know what happened.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like Williegoat refused to do the dissection during biology class, and decided instead to take the frog home with him... now we know what happened.

I actually have five stuffed frogs on my mantel. Besides the motorcycle rider, three are in a band and another is drinking beer. There is also a wooden frog on the hearth, which is a combination guiro and wood block.

On Halloween, they all wear masks.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-05-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually have five stuffed frogs on my mantel... On Halloween, they all wear masks.

And I thought I was weird having a toad as an avatar. Willie takes the cake!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2020 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I've ridden 2 (and now 3) wheels for 40 years. The first 20 years, I felt comfortable wearing shorts, a t shirt and no lid. Then I grew up and realized I don't need to live w/the pain (or worse) due to an unintended dismount. These days I'm an ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) kind of rider. My clautrophobia won't allow me to wear a full face lid but I've got a good modular (HJC RPHA 90) and a couple very nice 3/4 lids w/a full face shield (Bell and Shoei). NC has a helmet law but it doesn't matter. Even if it didn't, I wouldn't leave the driveway w/o a lid.

Agreed.
At my age, it takes too long to heal.
Even just the roadrash.

I can't miss a day's pay.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I've been riding since I was 14 legally on the street. Have had one incident. Had it not been for my "brain bucket", I would not be here today.
Getting run off the road into a concrete barrier at 60+ mph can and does result in significant pain and injury. The 14 broken bones was just part of the problem. Don't ask me how I know.
I won't "saddle up" with out my brain bucket.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I've been riding since I was 14 legally on the street. Have had one incident. Had it not been for my "brain bucket", I would not be here today.
Getting run off the road into a concrete barrier at 60+ mph can and does result in significant pain and injury. The 14 broken bones was just part of the problem. Don't ask me how I know.
I won't "saddle up" with out my brain bucket.

The Mississippi Motaur

Isn't it a bit ironic, that the real Motaur in the Progressive insurance commercial doesn't wear one?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-11-2020).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least he didnt loose an eye. Yep benefits of a face shield.

OH and .. the title

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

At least he didnt loose an eye. Yep benefits of a face shield.

OH and .. the title

I like that!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2020 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like that!

Dick Dale reincarnated!

I've checked out a few of their songs on YouTube. They're good! Thanks to 2.5 for the original link.

Same band, with a definite CCR flavor...

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-14-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock