Started on: 06-27-2020 12:01 PM
Replies: 14 (265 views)
Last post by: BHall71 on 07-01-2020 11:33 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-27-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But.... We have cookies. And when we stare into the abyss, it runs in fear.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Fear: The Republicans want to put you back in chains.
Anger: You are poor because Republicans made you that way.
Hate: White people are evil.
Suffering: You will forever be a victim, vote Democrat.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Fear: The Republicans want to put you back in chains.
Anger: You are poor because Republicans made you that way.
Suffering: You will forever be a victim, vote Democrat.

That about sums it up.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anakin Skywalker’s journey to becoming Darth Vader didn’t happen overnight. Molded and shaped by external forces that amplified his latent dark inclinations, Anakin first killed in anger after the murder of his mother Shmi
After learning of his mother’s kidnapping, Anakin set out to find her, but Shmi died in his arms when he arrived too late. Filled with rage, Anakin infamously slaughtered the men "but the women and the children too." The moment proved to be a pivotal turning point in his fall to the Dark side.

Ok lets lay down some truth on you ****s.

Couple Religious fanatics and some Government officials were stranded on a planet and had no way off.
So they find a boy that has great potential and take advantage of him, giving him praise and telling him his risk and sacrifice will be worth it.
Then when this child that has been used and taken advantage of by everyone is taken into the order because he could be one of the best.

Here is the truth for you ****s, all they had to do after making it back to their planet is to send someone to buy his mother.
The one person that was kind to him without having an agenda.
Then after they have evaluated him and found his flaws, sent him off to be a normal person and let him live his own life.
But no, not the religious fanatics or his new government "friends" they only did what they need to keep him in line, keep him useful.

When at the end of the day a great evil could have been move in another direction by just doing the one decent human thing and rescuing his mother from the slavers.
He just saved your ass and the best you could do is indoctrinate him into something he didn't understand. Play on his past and how they treated him to push your own agenda.

Now I am not saying that the other side did anything better, in fact they played him even worse.
But the end of the day, the singe point in this story that no one seems to get. Every one ****ed this boy every chance they got. They used him and told him that his sacrifice would be worth it.
Pretended to be his friend and mentor but let him down, even when at the end when he was on fire and suffering you couldn't do the the right thing and end his suffering.

Well now you have to deal with what you made of him, he could have been the best, or he could have just went on about his life. He deserved better and you reap what you sow.
They turned a blind eye to his faults because they wanted to use his potential.

All you had to do you ****s is go save his mother, the one person that loved him, loved him enough to entrust his future to an organization that she herself had nothing but stories about.

There is no high ground in this story.
**** you that's why

I am now officially part of the Anakinist party.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32846 posts
Member since Jan 2001
We are talking about the Movies/books right.
Or is there some other agenda that this was used to push?

Button button who has a button?
My only point is to show how being nice to someone that has done you a solid is not a bad thing.
I have an entire new view of the story.

As a child I couldn't help but see myself in Luke, but as I grew older and my perspective grew I understood more of the story.
Anakin was ****ed by everyone around him, and if he couldn't have done anything for them they cast him aside.
He had no friends, his future was halted because of his background.
The most humane thing they could have done was leave him where he was and let him become a great pod racer and knock up Jenny and start a repair shop of his own.

He was used until there was nothing left but rage and had no outlet for it, they create the perfect storm and both sides took advantage of it.
Faced with evil on both sides what way should he go? He could not choose and snapped. Then his path was chosen for him, once again to be the pawn of the powers that be.

I am now officially part of the Anakinist party. Stop ****ing with me and just let me have my Jenny and build pod racers
The other choices are just bricks in a wall.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
We are talking about the Movies/books right.
Or is there some other agenda that this was used to push?

Actually, it's a piece of art.
Don't believe it?

Just look what was applied to it by some viewers right here.
And that's what art does; it makes you think.

No approval required.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-27-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just look what was applied to it by some viewers right here.
And that's what art does; it makes you think.

Some people don't want the need to think. It's just so much "easier" to attach a label to anyone with a dissenting opinion... and then completely dismiss their words.

Whether it be through art, or through a more direct approach, there are unfortunately people whose minds are so set in stone, that they take it as a personal affront to be informed/reminded of another point of view. See it here on almost a daily basis.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So out of my entire post that is all you have?
I asked because I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk about Star Wars or something else.

As you didn't reply to my Star Wars comments I will assume it was something else.
In light of this information and prier comments and threads I will no reply to any more of your posts or threads.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 06-27-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I asked because I wasn't sure if you wanted to talk about Star Wars or something else.

As you didn't reply to my Star Wars comments I will assume it was something else.
In light of this information and prier comments and threads I will no reply to any more of your posts or threads.

Boondawg waned politics, you didn't give him that... that's why they basically ignored everything you said. Hahah...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...that's why they basically ignored everything you said. Hahah...

"they"?

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2020 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope.
That's just all I chose to comment on.

Interesting.
Than why didn't you just ask that?

Assume anything you want.
That don't make it fact.

And you don't see how childish that is.

Get real.
You knew exactly what you were doing.

"Just asking a question"...:

Ok lets lay down some truth on you ****s.

Couple Religious fanatics and some Government officials were stranded on a planet and had no way off.
So they find a boy that has great potential and take advantage of him, giving him praise and telling him his risk and sacrifice will be worth it.
Then when this child that has been used and taken advantage of by everyone is taken into the order because he could be one of the best.

Here is the truth for you ****s, all they had to do after making it back to their planet is to send someone to buy his mother.
The one person that was kind to him without having an agenda.
Then after they have evaluated him and found his flaws, sent him off to be a normal person and let him live his own life.
But no, not the religious fanatics or his new government "friends" they only did what they need to keep him in line, keep him useful.

When at the end of the day a great evil could have been move in another direction by just doing the one decent human thing and rescuing his mother from the slavers.
He just saved your ass and the best you could do is indoctrinate him into something he didn't understand. Play on his past and how they treated him to push your own agenda.

Now I am not saying that the other side did anything better, in fact they played him even worse.
But the end of the day, the singe point in this story that no one seems to get. Every one ****ed this boy every chance they got. They used him and told him that his sacrifice would be worth it.
Pretended to be his friend and mentor but let him down, even when at the end when he was on fire and suffering you couldn't do the the right thing and end his suffering.

Well now you have to deal with what you made of him, he could have been the best, or he could have just went on about his life. He deserved better and you reap what you sow.
They turned a blind eye to his faults because they wanted to use his potential.

All you had to do you ****s is go save his mother, the one person that loved him, loved him enough to entrust his future to an organization that she herself had nothing but stories about.

There is no high ground in this story.
**** you that's why

I am now officially part of the Anakinist party.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-28-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2020 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Boondawg waned politics, you didn't give him that... that's why they basically ignored everything you said. Hahah...

Nope.
I saw the piece as a commentary on self-destruction.

You applying your wish of what YOU want it to mean doesn't make it true for ME.
And I should know, I posted it.

I would be concerned for your ability to understand that if it wasn't for the fact that I realize you're just grasping at straws to slam someone/something you don't even really care about.
Anyone with half-a-brain can see that.

Why all the effort?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-28-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2020 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why all the effort?

What effort?

You make numerous posts per week that are disguised as being genuine... but many of them are purposely done to agitate people on here, but then you pretend like you're being targeted as a victim and have no idea why people are being mean.

This is 100% your M.O., and we both know this. It is uniquely you. I'd say the effort is all yours... how and why you concoct these scenarios is beyond me. It's somewhat sociopathic if you ask me. The rest of us, we're just responding to you... no effort on my part.
BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fear: The Democrats want to put you back in chains.
Anger: You are poor because Democrats made you that way.
Suffering: You will forever be a victim, vote Republican.

Fixed it for ya.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock