Smart Society Stupid People by longjonsilver
Started on: 06-22-2020 08:20 AM
Replies: 27 (463 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 06-30-2020 08:29 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I decided to download Molecular and Cell Biology for Dummies just to check if I’m crazy. I’m pleased to see that it clearly states that there are only two ways to defeat a virus: natural immunity and vaccines.

The book completely left out the option that almost the entire world embraced in March: destroy businesses, force everyone to hide in their homes, and make sure that no one gets close to anyone else. The reason that the text leaves that out is that the idea is essentially ridiculous, so much so that it was initially sold as a strategy to preserve hospital space and only later mutated into a general principle that the way to beat a virus is to avoid people and wear a mini-hazmat suit.

What emerged to take its place? It’s sad to say but the answer is widespread ignorance. Despite having access to all the world’s knowledge in our pockets, vast numbers of politicians and regular people defaulted back to a premodern cognition of disease. People did this out of fear, and were suddenly and strangely acquiescent to political commands. I’ve had friends tell me that they were guilty of this back in the day, believing that mass death was imminent so the only thing to do was to shelter in place and comply with the edicts.

https://www.zerohedge.com/p...ociety-stupid-people
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2020 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What this virus did intellectually was flush-out just what morons MOST of the people in the United States are.
A FAR larger percentage than I ever imagined.
Maybe even 80%.

Between anti-vaxers, Antifa, Covid-deniers, intellect haters & continuing Trump supporters*, it is quite clear that the United States is MOSTLY filled with complete & utter morons.

Here's an idea:
Try reading a book.
Start with History.

You'd think people enjoy being seen as idiots.
And before anyone goes to that old reliable excuse, it ain't "the kids".
Kids have always been morons.

I'm talking about grown effin' people that should know better by now.
You know, the people that actually make all the decisions.
The problem is no farther away than the nearest mirror...solutions, not so much.

It's been going on forever.
It ain't rocket surgery.
You'd think we'd have figured it out by now.

Change your head (way of thinking) and change the World.
Or continue to wallow in the pride of your own stupidity.

No sweat off my globes.
I have absolutely no skin in the game.
Personally, I think "humanity" is a failed experiment.

It's just too easy to be a moron.

*despite daily in-their-face evidence of a completely crooked head, heart, & soul.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Between anti-vaxers, Antifa, Covid-deniers, intellect haters & continuing Trump supporters*, it is quite clear that the United States is MOSTLY filled with complete & utter morons.

I am genuinely curious in what category you believe you would fall, and whether or not you would include yourself as one of the "complete & utter morons."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, these people don't exist in vast numbers, nowadays...

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2020 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I am genuinely curious in what category you believe you would fall, and whether or not you would include yourself as one of the "complete & utter morons."

I do not.
I am actually quite intelligent.
I fall into the strange category of "purposely self-destructive from birth".

Unfortunately, "intelligence" can't help much with that.
I've always been fully aware of exactly what I'm doing...:shrug:

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2020 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a bizarre twist of circumstances, these people are proclaiming they're "Pro-choice". The irony.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-26-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

In a bizarre twist of circumstances, these people are proclaiming they're "Pro-choice". The irony.

I know what you've been reading and seeing in the news, but it's actually not the case.

Here in San Antonio, the youth population is almost entirely Democrat. The young people are en-mass disobeying the mask order that Mayor Nirenberg pushed out. The Pearl and Riverwalk are two very popular destinations for young people to hang out, visit, party, and mingle. They are almost all entirely Democrats, and none of them are wearing masks. About the only people I see wearing masks are Boomers and the occasional Gen-X.

I am actually quite intelligent.
I fall into the strange category of "purposely self-destructive from birth".

Unfortunately, "intelligence" can't help much with that.
I've always been fully aware of exactly what I'm doing...:shrug:

I'm not going to insult you Boondawg, but I am going to question how you believe you have a superior intellect and capacity for critical thinking, yet continue to make all the wrong choices in life.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work] Here:

The numbers are highly manipulated...

I know what you've been reading and seeing in the news, but it's actually not the case.

Todd, it's just way too convenient to shrug off anything and everything you don't agree with as fake news. At some point, there'll be a reckoning.

Here in ********, the youth population is almost entirely ********. The young people are en-mass disobeying the mask order that Mayor ******** pushed out. The ******** and ******** are two very popular destinations for young people to hang out, visit, party, and mingle. They are almost all entirely ********, and none of them are wearing masks. About the only people I see wearing masks are Boomers and the occasional Gen-X.

This is hardly a revelation. Young people the world over don't have much sense in regards to danger, no matter what they may or may not believe politically. One needs to experience the death of friends and family before true acknowledgement of human mortality sets in.

Older people who act with total disregard for the heath and safety of others are just plain ignorant.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not going to insult you Boondawg, but I am going to question how you believe you have a superior intellect

I never said I had "superior intellect".
But you knew that when you wrote it.
Is this where I now follow suit and scream "FAKE NEWS"?

and capacity for critical thinking,

I don't belong to a side/party.
I don't have a line to toe.
Thereby leaving me free to think in whatever direction & however I want.

yet continue to make all the wrong choices in life.

Interesting.
So you don't believe a man has a right to chose his own path and make his own mistakes?
You know, the only freedom that actually matters.

What exactly do you mean by "wrong choices"?
Can you name them?
And who sez they're "wrong"?

Or is it just you got all caught-up in trying not to "insult me"?

From the above blather, i'm betting you don't even have the strength of character to try and worm your way out of this complete load of trash you're spewing with all the knowledge about my life you seem to think you have.

Was dragging 3 people out of a burning mobile home one of those "bad choice's"?
Do you approve of that choice?
Oh, you didn't know?
Exactly.

Here's some advice; Try sticking to the sh1t you do know. No one's looking for you to ok they're life choices.
Especially after 60 years on the planet.

I'm not going to insult you Boondawg, but I am going to question how you believe you have a superior intellect and capacity for critical thinking, yet continue to make all the wrong choices in life.

Intellect has absolutely nothing to do with choices (i.e. free will).

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-27-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Intellect has absolutely nothing to do with choices (i.e. free will).

I'm kind of over this... not trying to be mean, but I don't really care all that much. You do you...
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a bizarre twist of circumstances, the left is proclaiming there is no choice. The irony.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 06-29-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

In a bizarre twist of circumstances, the left is proclaiming there is no choice.

Not at all. Everyone has the choice of entering, or not entering, any establishment that mandates the wearing of a mask for public safety.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm kind of over this... not trying to be mean, but I don't really care all that much. You do you...

Yea, he seems to get off on attacking Trump supporters and then running into the "I don't have a side" hole to gloat about how smart he is.

I have a memory these days. I remember posts he's made in the past about a lot of stupid stuff he's done over the years. I'm not saying none of us have done that. I still do stupid stuff. I don't proclaim myself to be super intelligent, or make it a point to attack a single group of people constantly. I'm not going to sit and attack him for the things he did in the past, but I certainly remember them.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every woman has the choice of spreading her legs and having unprotected sex, or not.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Yea, he seems to get off on attacking Trump supporters and then running into the "I don't have a side" hole to gloat about how smart he is.

I have a memory these days. I remember posts he's made in the past about a lot of stupid stuff he's done over the years. I'm not saying none of us have done that. I still do stupid stuff. I don't proclaim myself to be super intelligent, or make it a point to attack a single group of people constantly. I'm not going to sit and attack him for the things he did in the past, but I certainly remember them.

That's one of the things I've really enjoyed about this board. Many of us currently on here have been on here for ~20 years. I had an account before I lost it, and then created the stupid "At Work" and then another one that was "At Home" ... haha. I'm totally not at work when I'm checking Pennocks, but I guess at the time I created the account (because I lost the other one).

Anyway, I feel like most of us have kind of "grown together" so to speak. Many of you all remember how I was 20 years ago, and it wasn't pretty. I wasn't a bad kid and didn't get into trouble, but I was totally immature. I probably posted pictures of boobs and who knows what else. I'm still immature, but just ever so slightly less immature. Never the less, I've just really liked how we've all shifted and changed.

With Boondawg though, and being quite frank... he did dumb things like the rest of us, but he was a much happier person. He's very negative, and clearly all of us know his "schtick" as they say. The only reason he does it is to piss everyone off, I can only assume because he is pissed off himself and wants others to be pissed off.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliffw, but falsely attributed to Patrick:

Every woman has the choice of spreading her legs and having unprotected sex, or not.

Cliffw, that was pretty f*ckin' ignorant, even for you. What is it you don't understand about the Posting Rules here. It's one thing to misquote someone as a joke, but you're just being a dickless wonder.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Do not change quoted text.
If you quote other members, do not change the quoted text. It's okay to highlight (through bold/underline/italics) words, but do not add/change anything so to give the impression someone said something they did not.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliffw, that was pretty f*ckin' ignorant, even for you. What is it you don't understand about the Posting Rules here. It's one thing to misquote someone as a joke, but you're just being a dickless wonder.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Todd is awesome.

I'm not seeing what the problem is here?

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 06-29-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not seeing what the problem is here?

lol... that would take quite a sizable donation by you to Mr Pennock's beer fund.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With Boondawg though, and being quite frank... he did dumb things like the rest of us, but he was a much happier person. He's very negative, and clearly all of us know his "schtick" as they say. The only reason he does it is to piss everyone off, I can only assume because he is pissed off himself and wants others to be pissed off.

I don't see Boon this way. I do not see him as a negative person, I see him as a person who feels that negativity on the forum is uncalled for and relentless. The personal attacks are common and tiering. Like America itself the forum is very divided and hostile to opposing views.
I see it too but I don't see any fix for it. So I just skip over a lot of threads and or persons who post.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I don't see Boon this way. I do not see him as a negative person, I see him as a person who feels that negativity on the forum is uncalled for and relentless. The personal attacks are common and tiering. Like America itself the forum is very divided and hostile to opposing views.

Excellent post.

PFF
System Bot
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I see it too but I don't see any fix for it. So I just skip over a lot of threads and or persons who post.

His first post in this thread was an attack on Conservatives. He literally pushes the negativity. He's one of the people it's coming from.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

His first post in this thread was an attack on Conservatives. He literally pushes the negativity.

And you've never had a negative thing to say about liberals... or should I say, leftists?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

His first post in this thread was an attack on Conservatives. He literally pushes the negativity. He's one of the people it's coming from.

Yes, I did see that. But I just let it ride. No point in fighting over it. I actually had to stop reading his post, then come back and try again. I do not think all Trump supporters deserve to be cast in his net of negative light. But I let it ride. I am guilty of doing it too.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not misquote you as a joke. If I had done so, I would also have done it the last time I quoted you in this thread. It was a mistake.

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine ?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not misquote you as a joke.

Of that, I am sure.

It was a mistake. Do you want some cheese to go with that whine ?

You don't look at your posts after uploading them? How much "whine" had you consumed prior to making that "mistake"? You were either being a jerk, or you were totally inebriated.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much "whine" had you consumed prior to making that "mistake"? You were either being a jerk, or you were totally inebriated.

Between you and Boondoggle, seven. I heard much more after that post.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35864 posts
Member since Jun 2003

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock