Started on: 05-28-2020 03:48 PM
Replies: 102 (1824 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 06-04-2020 01:29 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New York City Mayor's DAUGHTER arrested, standing in street intersection blocking traffic, throwing objects at NYPD officers.

She looks so sweet and innocent.......

https://nypost.com/2020/05/...t-manhattan-protest/

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-01-2020).]

IP: Logged
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Near Minneapolis?

If so, keep your head on a swivel, stay calm, alert and please try to be careful if you have to resort to force.

About 15 miles from the south Minneapolis area. Our Target, boarded up. Grocery stores closed early and people panic buying as shelves are bare again. Ever vigalent. Not overly worried but can defend ourselves if necessary. Lying low around the house.
aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Panic buying.....AGAIN? I went shopping for a couple things in Brooklyn Park on Saturday and didn't notice that. I'm not sure if our Cub Foods in Brooklyn Center is open or not, even limited hours. I may venture out, locally, today. It's been fairly quiet up here in North Minneapolis all week.... which is a nice change for once.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:
Well people tried peaceful protests against police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem and you see how well that worked. Gotta turn the crank at some point.

What happens when you turn the crank ? The crank moves a rope, a cable, or a chain to lift a load. Each of those have a WLL (working load limit). Exceeding the working load limit causes the load to come crashing down on the crank.

Jack Brewer, a black man, is a former NFL safety and 3x team captain who played for the Vikings, Giants, Eagles and Cardinals. In 2018 Mayor Jacob Frey (a white man) awarded him the Key to the City of Minneapolis. Speaking of the racial concerns about George Floyd, Jack says ... "We Cannot fight against people who agree with us."

Offending them by kneeling for the National Anthem, by destroying businesses of the uninvolved, gains no empathy.

Defacing the Lincoln Memorial, , ? The President of emancipation. Who is guarding the statues of Martin Luther King ?

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They can claim whatever they want. BLM has never been about peace.

They had pansies kneel and protest....What were they protesting again? Whatever it was, it was this for sure! They were, and are Anti-American protesters. The graffiti left behind after the riots, and the "F*** America" hashtag tells us all we need to know.

We are going to just sit idly by as rioters and looters destroy our country, again. (does anyone remember when they were called #Occupy) We're suckers because we should be out there fighting back for our country.

But we'll just sit back and let them do whatever.. I'm sure that Mother Government will continue to take care of us.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BLM (and the rest of the special interest alphabet ) are about one thing only. Greed. Gimme everything I want for free. Or else.

What excuse they use for justification is irrelevant. The end game is all the same.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wanna stay out of trouble with the law?

Don't do illegal things.

How hard is that?

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A woman who was shown the tender that George Floyd used to pay for cigarettes at Cup Foods in Minneapolis:

The [$20] bill was an obvious fake. The ink was still running.

"What Happened in the Chaotic Moments Before George Floyd Died"
Matt Furber, Audra D. S. Burch and Frances Robles for the New York Times; May 29, 2020.

LINK to complete report
https://www.nytimes.com/202...worked-together.html

Two lawyers who may need to hire lawyers as criminal defense attorneys--after overdoing it at a "cocktail" party

Two lawyers were charged with taking part in a Molotov cocktail attack on a police patrol car over the weekend — a human rights lawyer and a Princeton-educated associate at a Manhattan law firm.

The attack during the Brooklyn protests left the dashboard of a blue-and-white police car charred after a night of violent clashes between protesters and police, a symbol of the chaos wrought over a weekend of sometimes peaceful and sometimes violent demonstrations.

The car was unoccupied when the Molotov cocktail ignited, and no one was injured, the authorities said.

The two lawyers involved in the attack were identified by federal authorities as Urooj Rahman, 31, the human rights lawyer, and Colinford King Mattis, 32, an associate at the midsize law firm of Pryor Cashman LLP, who graduated from Princeton.

"Two Lawyers Arrested in Molotov Cocktail Attack on Police in Brooklyn"
William K. Rashbaum and Andrea Salcedo for the New York Times; May 31, 2020.

LINK to complete report
https://www.nytimes.com/202...rticle®ion=footer

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems Ol Georgie had quite the history

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1...-4_1590692672182.jpg
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A curfew for all of Los Angeles County is in effect from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM

LongBeachCity To ensure the continued safety of residents, businesses & emergency responders, the City is imposing a curfew today, 6/1 beginning at 1:00pm for business districts & 4:00pm citywide through 6/2 at 5:00am.

And last here is Florida

"The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns." STORY: https://bit.ly/3gPvQML

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 06-01-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Seems Ol Georgie had quite the history

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1...-4_1590692672182.jpg

The police used improper force, but what I really hate is when they make it seem like the person getting arrested was such an innocent person. The words I've heard to describe him is... "always kept to himself," "always willing to help out others," and "a gentle giant."

He didn't deserve his fate, that's for sure, but let's not pretend like he was on his way to church and the police just targeted him for no reason.
PFF
System Bot
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Panic buying.....AGAIN? I went shopping for a couple things in Brooklyn Park on Saturday and didn't notice that. I'm not sure if our Cub Foods in Brooklyn Center is open or not, even limited hours. I may venture out, locally, today. It's been fairly quiet up here in North Minneapolis all week.... which is a nice change for once.

Yep. In good Ole Eden Prairie Cub Foods at about five on Saturday. Wife ended up at Chanhassen Cub. She said she had never seen their parking lot so full. Oddly enough the Eden. Prairie Target was open this afternoon. Only plywood up was between Target and the Mall. City sent an email this afternoon advising curfew extended for tonight.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GTGeff

2028 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Oddly enough I lived in the Uptown area just off Lake Street and to the west of all the looting and burning but I worked for Sears Catalog Distribution for four years at Lake and Chicago. I patronized a lot of those businesses that were destroyed.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

Well people tried peaceful protests against police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem and you see how well that worked. Gotta turn the crank at some point.

So if I am upset with drug dealers and gangs,..I get to "turn the crank" and burn their stuff?

I am still waiting for an answer to my very real.question.
If people get fed up with what ever makes them upset, do they get to burn the place down?

Look, the fact is that the officers involved in this incident were terminated and the Officers union and City officials did not try to cover up or hide the facts. A criminal investigation is under way and at least one arrest has been made. Why are the riots happening at all? Racism is only to blame if in fact it can be proven, otherwise racism in this case is just a figment of racist minds.

After this exchange I received a negative rating. No, I am not complaining about it, I am using the ratings system in a constructive way and using a response as if somebody is asking for a clarification. I did not rate anyone negative and I am not saying that nick gave me a negative, it could have been anyone.
I am expounding on my reply by adding that the officers involved are all terminated from employment and will all be facing court dates with serious charges. Not all of them have been charged yet, but they will be, and for good reason. The failure of the 3 officers to intervene in the incident and stop the excessive and unnecessary use of force is in itself a departure from departmental policy. This lack of action to protect the public is very likely to result in a criminal complaint and prosecution. It is the duty of the officers to protect and serve the public and also use life saving techniques like chest compressions and rescue breaths in the event that a person stops breathing or has no perceivable heartbeat. The officers have been trained on how and when to use those techniques but they failed to do so. This is a gross dereliction of duty in the least and at worse an accessory to a crime.
I believe that everyone that has posted in this thread is in agreement on this. I think that the disagreement to my reply is in my accusation that automatically assuming that this was a racial crime is in itself racism. The fact is that just because the officers were not black and the victim was black, doesn't automatically make it a racist crime. It is my opinion that to assume other people's actions and intentions is to pre-judge them. Just like assuming that a black person at a protest is also a looter, that is a pre-judgment and possibly even racist. My posts in this thread are intended to get people to think about this situation without pre-judgment or assumptions or racism. The rule of thumb is to reverse the roles of the characters without changing the script and see if you still have the same response to the scenario?
I would not automatically accuse four black officers for doing the same exact thing to a white man as a racist crime.
This very well could be a racial crime, but to pre-judge those officers (who by the way are not all white) as being racist is just as wrong. The facts will come out, and if in fact the killing was racially motivated, then the punishment will be enhanced. Until then, I am not going to say that the killing "is" racist. It was most definitely a crime and the people involved will be punished.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Murder charge against Minneapolis police officer Derik Chauvin "upgraded" from Third Degree to Second Degree Murder.

The three other police officers involved in the George Floyd case are (about to be) charged.

Have a "scoop."
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Murder charge against Minneapolis police officer Derik Chauvin "upgraded" from Third Degree to Second Degree Murder.

The three other police officers involved in the George Floyd case are (about to be) charged.

Have a "scoop."

I'm not sure second degree will stand. It'll take a lot to prove that he *intended* to kill him... that requires motive, and evidence to the fact.

I'm quite sure he'll get convicted of 3rd degree... but I'm not seeing 2nd degree. But, what do I know, I'm not a lawyer.

I have been an expert witness on several Federal cases... and that was fun.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Have a "scoop."

I smell a plea bargain in someones future.
Want to bet he gets put in some protected lock down due to him being a cop and due to all of the media?
He wouldn't last 10 minutes in general population.

Not sure how I feel about that, probably the same way I feel about them releasing pedophiles because of the Corona virus could kill them.
Cant do the time don't do the crime isn't a thing anymore.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2020 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So for the ugly reality here....

This will continue for the rest of our lives. There will ALWAYS be one police officer who makes a poor or irrational decision when dealing with a potential black or white suspect. It's human nature and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Very shitty and sad...but true.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Well then...

https://alphanewsmn.com/geo...methamphetamine-use/

Great, the defense will milk the living hell out of this information. I sense more riots after the verdict.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2020 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Great, the defense will milk the living hell out of this information. I sense more riots after the verdict.

My opinion is that it will not change a thing. The only thing that can be accomplished by bringing this up in court it to smer Floyd.
The bottom line is that the 4 officers broke from policy and procedures. They failed to get him medical attention in a reasonable amount of time.
As bad as it may sound, I don't care what happened or what caused the Police to show up, and restrain Floyd. The Police Department has policies, procedures and techniques to deal with people who are intoxicated. Police around the entire USA deal with hundreds if not thousands of intoxicated belligerent people every day without killing them. This group of officers failed.
I think that they deserve a fair trial, and it may be very possible that some yet unknown facts or information becomes known and may try to explain their actions and inaction?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2020 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

So for the ugly reality here....

This will continue for the rest of our lives. There will ALWAYS be one police officer who makes a poor or irrational decision when dealing with a potential black or white suspect. It's human nature and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Very shitty and sad...but true.

One thing to consider is that at least one officer could have had a "heavy badge" or a "badge complex". Racism is not always what causes people to hurt others, sometimes the power that comes with authority goes to a person's head. They may feel invincible or always right and that others just have to do what they say "or else". " How dare you resist me"

I do not know why they did what they did, but I will listen to the facts and their side of the story with an open mind.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock