Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  How about a shout out in support of the 40 million unemployed !!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How about a shout out in support of the 40 million unemployed !! by Skatulaki
Started on: 05-23-2020 12:45 AM
Replies: 6 (202 views)
Last post by: Wichita on 05-25-2020 02:41 PM
Skatulaki

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope they all survive this Corona Plandemic, and are able to bounce back. I'm fortunate to still be working, and while not a religious man, my thoughts and feelings are with them and hoping they will be back to work soon. I have been there and its not a good situation to be in!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the people I know haven't missed one day of work through this thing. Many of them work in industry, and they didn't shut down. Temperature checks several times a day, no problems.

Most Americans are still working.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shouldn't this be in the O/T area?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2020 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Shouldn't this be in the O/T area?

It would appear. Maybe a mod can move it there?
AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should be in O/T but Skatulaki my family and I, being one of the 'non-essential' businesses, appreciate it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My hope is most of these are temporary unemployment due to the shutdown. By the end of June, we'll know the real figures... including those who went back to work because businesses have re-opened, and those who ultimately lost their jobs permanantly during and as a result of the virus / shutdown. Hopefully the numbers improve quickly. I was unemployed for 3 months after the .COM bust back in the 90s... and I remember how much that sucked.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is when the robots slip in.

There is a huge demand for contactless commerce, and the vast majority of the non-essentials in service sector, it could be a long road.

Maybe UBI is what they want?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock