Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Social media censorship is leading to this (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Social media censorship is leading to this by 2.5
Started on: 05-22-2020 04:27 PM
Replies: 77 (1208 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-03-2020 04:29 PM
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the problem with all these "We're going to be better and freer" streaming sites.

Youtube, Facebook, Twitter are all where they are because they didn't cost anyone anything out of pocket. There wasn't an upcharge (until recently on Youtube) for premium content, and (once again, until recently), you could say almost anything you wanted, and anyone could see it.

You can't go "Hey, we're going to be better, give us money and find out." and make it.

IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The whole "fundraising " culture has gotten out of hand. Sheeet, last federal election we had political parties trying to charge 20 bucos for a lawn sign...

Advertise for me, and pay me to do it. not happening any time....... Ever.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

And the left gets to decide who is and isn't "allowed " anything, right? Especially what we can and can't say. Right?

Shaking your fist at the sky again? In MEM's world, anything goes. Drunker than a skunk? No problem, get behind the wheel!

Originally posted by maryjane:

I didn't interpret 2.5's wording as being very inclusive at all. 'Anyone' is a far cry from 'everyone' and general usage of the former means exactly what the word says. Any one person.
To me, it means the same as 'any 1 specific ' person.

So if the proclamation is made... "Anyone can drive"... that's not inclusive? Who exactly has been ruled out?

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

But you're taking this down a tangent.

I'm taking this down a tangent? You're the one who decided in this thread it was appropriate to write an essay on the merits of a Republic.

The US is a Republic... period. It's specifically called a Republic in the Constitution and makes no mention of a Democracy. Furthermore, in the Federalist Papers it specifically discusses WHY a Democracy is bad and a Republic by the people is good. If you want to call it a dickfor, you can... but that doesn't make it correct.

You can use your dickfor whatever you wish, but that doesn't make it right.

Look, you brought up the evils of "majority rule" and how the US as a Republic prevents that. I was simply informing you that Canada is able to accomplish the same thing, in regards to preventing "majority rule", with a Democracy. I have no interest in the finer details. Politics is not my bag.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2020 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

Shaking your fist at the sky again? In MEM's world, anything goes. Drunker than a skunk? No problem, get behind the wheel!/QUOTE]

What behind the wheel? In the filthy putrid sock-puppets caNUTa drunk on your couch is exactly the same thing if someone (like a vengeful ex) decides to lie and claim they saw you driving. Actually doing it no longer matters. But, that's about what I expect from a bunch who rules truth is not a legal defense.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What behind the wheel? In the filthy putrid sock-puppets caNUTa drunk on your couch is exactly the same thing if someone (like a vengeful ex) decides to lie and claim they saw you driving. Actually doing it no longer matters. But, that's about what I expect from a bunch who rules truth is not a legal defense.

Okay, moving right along...
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2020 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, moving right along...

You ain't been paying attention...

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4975008
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You ain't been paying attention...

That bill was passed 17 months ago. There hasn't appeared to have been much controversy reported in the news.

I've read of cases where a driver (suspected of being impaired) has left the scene of an accident, gone home, had a couple of drinks, and then turned themself into the police. Their "defense" is that it now can't be proven that they weren't sober when the accident took place. If this bill helps prevent that type of nonsense from occurring, I'm all for it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-27-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2020 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'm not. Among other things, innocent until proven guilty is a cornerstone of western civilization as far back as the Magna carta. If you want to be guilty until you prove your innocence move to Quebec.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2020 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Quoted because....well just because.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Here's the problem with all these "We're going to be better and freer" streaming sites.

Youtube, Facebook, Twitter are all where they are because they didn't cost anyone anything out of pocket. There wasn't an upcharge (until recently on Youtube) for premium content, and (once again, until recently), you could say almost anything you wanted, and anyone could see it.

You can't go "Hey, we're going to be better, give us money and find out." and make it.

Basically my whole point from the beginning of this thread. Youtube (for example) censoring and demonetizing videos has lead to this.
You watched the vid clip right?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

So if the proclamation is made... "Anyone can drive"....

I said :
"Why does anyone buy a weapon, learn how to use it, and learn self defense and how to defend their loved ones"

I.E.
"Why does any person do that."

Then I said:
"Why does anyone object to being told they shouldn't be allowed to do this?"

I'll add, why should a person care if that is being systematically censored and removed.
-

If your concern is people buying guns who shouldnt be able to, there are laws against that.
If you want to get into that stuff, what about the laws they are creating to stop law abiding citizens from being able to?
Also are we/you talking about things endowed by our creator, or what the king of your country prefers?
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish American schools would return to teaching American principles. The only way we are going to fix this is by teaching kids the meaning and the value of the U.S. Constitution.

Word is that Trump will address social media censorship today.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-28-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I wish American schools would return to teaching American principles. The only way we are going to fix this is by teaching kids the meaning and the value of the U.S. Constitution.

I'm very interested to see what he's going to say...

Incidentally, the Democrats would have shot themselves in the foot if they had actually passed the Net Neutrality Act. This would have given the Government full authority over the internet space internally here in the US.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This is of the utmost importance to saving the Republic.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17904 posts
Member since May 2004
Double post

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-28-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I said :
If your concern is people buying guns who shouldnt be able to, there are laws against that.

Also are we/you talking about things endowed by our creator, or what the king of your country prefers?

What part of the Second Amendment did you not understand ?

What party of inalienable rights do you not understand ?

Do laws really keep people from speeding ?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Basically my whole point from the beginning of this thread. Youtube (for example) censoring and demonetizing videos has lead to this.

You watched the vid clip right?

I haven't watched the video content from the Warrior Poet Society Network.

In the words of "2.5"--or what I make of his words--YouTube and other well known social media platforms have adopted controlling attitudes and policies about user content that have lead to THIS... a new online media platform that is making itself known as "The Warrior Poet Society Network."

Is that a bad thing for us to see happening... or a good thing to see happening?

This comes at the exact moment when President Trump is about to sign an Executive Order about social media platforms, expressing the President's stated intention (or negotiating threat?) of eliminating some of the protections that social media platforms were granted by Congressional legislation way back in 1996; i.e., eliminating the protection that social media platforms were granted by Congress to protect Twitter (for example) against lawsuits based on claims that have their origin in the content of "tweets" from users with Twitter accounts.

This, in the wake of Twitter having tacked a "Fact Check" onto the end of one of the President's "realDonaldTrump" tweets about voting by mail.
https://www.wired.com/story...ets-mail-in-ballots/

I think a smarter reaction from Twitter would have been to enter the Twitter conversation and have Twitter, in the name of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, "tweet" a Fact Check or a rebuttal to "realDonaldTrump", instead of marking or singling out any of the "realDonaldTrump's" Twitter messages in this exceptional and non-standard way.

Just a reaction, "off the top of my head."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-28-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Twitter should stay out of everyone's conversations as Congress intended when it gave those platforms immunity. If you don't like what someone posts then block them. If you don't like what Trump says then don't follow him. What we do not need is some biased individual (left or right) deciding what is acceptable.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2020 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I said :
"Why does anyone buy a weapon, learn how to use it, and learn self defense and how to defend their loved ones"

I.E.
"Why does any person do that."

My confusion/issue with your statement is that... "buy a weapon" is not necessarily followed by "learn how to use it, and learn self defense and how to defend their loved ones".

If it's necessary to only look at your statement taken in its entirety, then IMO a better follow up question would be... "Why does any person not do that?" Those are the people who may be a problem.

Then I said:
"Why does anyone object to being told they shouldn't be allowed to do this?"

Again, my concern is with the individuals with questionable motives who buy a weapon.

And those laws are working so well!

If you want to get into that stuff, what about the laws they are creating to stop law abiding citizens from being able to?

What about them? I'm not against sane, law abiding citizens owning weapons.

I don't know about you (or anyone else), but I certainly haven't been.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-28-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know about you (or anyone else), but I certainly haven't been.

Neither?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-29-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2020 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neither?

Neither what?
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2020 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, well...

If you are the kind of person argueimg that I don't need a gun to defend myself from you..

Then a gun is probably the first thing I need.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Neither what?

This:

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2.5... I have no idea how "our creator" enters into this discussion, and "what the king of your country prefers" is a real head scratcher.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should meet with Patricks full approval.

https://kimsiever.ca/2020/0...-is-protest-illegal/
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, well...

If you are the kind of person argueimg that I don't need a gun to defend myself from you..

Then a gun is probably the first thing I need.

I've decided after this weekend, that I'm buying a gun. I've resisted it because I have to move constantly for work... but I'm going to buy a shotgun, just like Joe Biden said I should.

Remember that line? The Democrats were all like... "WTF Joe... ?! You're supposed to say NOT buy a gun!!!" hahah...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2.5... I have no idea how "our creator" enters into this discussion, and "what the king of your country prefers" is a real head scratcher.

Ok, rephrasing, where does your right to defend yourself come from?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-01-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This should meet with Patricks full approval.

https://kimsiever.ca/2020/0...-is-protest-illegal/

Why don't you give us, in your own words, the Coles Notes version of this article.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36239 posts
Member since Apr 99

Ok, reprasing, where does your right to defend yourself come from?

Why are you asking me this?

I want to know who this "king" is you were earlier referring to.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coles notes? Alberta just passed themselves a "law" giving themselves unlimited power. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, whatever you are saying can and will be construed as an unlawful protest if they so choose. I. O. W. "stand at attention and seig fracking heil.

Sure, it will be tossed as unconstitutional...
In 8 or 10 years. Until then, think. Speak. Believe and support what you are told when you are told.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Alberta just passed themselves a "law" giving themselves unlimited power. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, whatever you are saying can and will be construed as an unlawful protest if they so choose. I. O. W. "stand at attention and seig fracking heil.

Sure, it will be tossed as unconstitutional...
In 8 or 10 years. Until then, think. Speak. Believe and support what you are told when you are told.

Thank-you.

Now tell us which political party is in charge in Alberta.

Are they evil Liberals? Are they pansy-ass New Democrats?

Come on MEM, tell us!
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They call themselves united conservative ...and in reality are just another pile of progressives. As in progressive conservative party.

If you haven't noticed, the big 3 are all just flip sides of the same coin with minor differences. Which is why I said earlier VCP and PPC were the only 2 worth anything.

Liberals want total power in the name of social justice, PC want total power in the order, nap want total power in the name of... Hell, even they don't know what the hell they are thinking they just want it.

None of them gives a sheet about individual rights, freedoms and liberty.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stand at attention and seig fracking heil.

They call themselves united conservative...

The United Conservative Party... "seig fracking heil".

Too funny.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see them standing on those principals. I see them acting exactly like sock-boy.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why are you asking me this?

I want to know who this "king" is you were earlier referring to.

So you can really say the things you have said in this thread, and not understand why I would want to ask you where people get the right to defend themselves?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2020 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2.5... honestly, I don't know what you're digging at.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2020 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've decided after this weekend, that I'm buying a gun. I've resisted it because I have to move constantly for work... but I'm going to buy a shotgun, just like Joe Biden said I should.

Remember that line? The Democrats were all like... "WTF Joe... ?! You're supposed to say NOT buy a gun!!!" hahah...

Honestly, of all the stuff I've bought, sold, traded, shot, borrowed and loaned over the years.

Single barrel 12 gauge pump. It will do just about anything.... Welllllllll.... Except for the Carl G. For those times a tank is really interrupting your sleep. Damn noisy ****ers.

Hunting squirrel with explosivess is something I juuuuussstttt haven't gotten around to.... Yet.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-02-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2.5... honestly, I don't know what you're digging at.

No prob I was just responding to your responses.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock