Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Remember, Trump said to 'drink' or 'inject' bleach? He also said Let There Be Light. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Remember, Trump said to 'drink' or 'inject' bleach? He also said Let There Be Light. by rinselberg
Started on: 05-20-2020 06:20 PM
Replies: 74 (1230 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-30-2020 01:34 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to be clear, I never parsed or interpreted what the President said as any explicit call or encouragement for the general public to experiment with using bleach or disinfectant, except as directed on the product packaging.

He also riffed on the idea of using light (UV light) because that was part of the presentation that preceded his widely remarked remarks about bleach or disinfectant and also, about "light." The presentation from that guy from the Department of Homeland Security.

New York [Metropolitan Transit Agency] launches UV-light pilot program in effort to kill Covid-19
UV light will be part of the overnight cleaning process that's already been adopted for parts of NYC's transit system.
Taylor Romine and Kristina Sgueglia for CNN; May 20, 2020.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05...ight-trnd/index.html

EXCERPT

The [UV] lamps will be used during the overnight shut down on subway trains and periods where transit is out of service.

"This is a first of its kind pilot when it comes to transportation agencies around the world and we are proud to be a part of it," said MTA Chairman and CEO Patrick Foye. "For nearly three months, the MTA has worked relentlessly to disinfect our entire fleet of subways and buses but we've always promised that we would explore any and all new approaches available to us as well. The launch of this UVC pilot represents a promising next step in our ongoing efforts to identify technologies that can keep our customers and employees as safe as possible."

President: "See, the fake news media tried to laugh about my idea, and guess what? You look at what they're doing now in New York City with light. UV light. Just like I suggested."

Reporter: "But to be fair, Mr President, you were talking about using light inside the human body. Putting light sources inside the human body or projecting light into the inside of a human body by somehow projecting the light through a human's skin."

President: "Fake news. Grumble grumble. You're extremely rude, you know that. All you fake news reporters are rude."

There is no reference to the President or any of his remarks in this fairly brief news report from CNN.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are a real piece of work, rinse......
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I should not eat the black light?

When I think of UV light, I start hearing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in my head. Is that normal?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-20-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It was a "dog whistle" to the Bleach and Disinfectant Drinking, Snorting and Injecting Community (BDDSIC.) The people that self-identify as Inanimate, Non-Porous, Kitchen and Bathroom Surfaces (INKBS.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-20-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

When I think of UV light, I start hearing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida in my head. Is that normal?

Sure... but you only visualize it in black and white? Bad acid, man.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Just to be clear,...

I don't need to be reminded that I am not the Poster Boy for perfect mental and emotional well being.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was only the half of it. The President thinking aloud about "Outside The Box" strategies for using bleach or disinfectants to kill the virus in situ--inside the human body. But what about Light? Lighting up the lungs or other organs inside the human body to kill the virus. Was that another "dog whistle"..? A secret message, hiding in plain sight, for the Illuminati..?

"You make the call."

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But what about Light? Lighting up the lungs or other organs inside the human body to kill the virus.

Hey, it works for my cousin Kermit !

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who needs fake news when we have our own source - rinselberg
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As usual, our California mental patient is simply puking up his odious, steady, diet of Leftist propaganda.

"The President of the United States must be a "moron" to suggest such a thing as UV light inside the human body...How stupid and ridiculous!"....

...or not....

"President Trump has been mocked relentlessly for suggesting that ultraviolet light could be brought “inside the body” to kill the coronavirus, but there is ongoing research to do just that.

For example, the pharmaceutical firm Aytu BioScience announced on April 20, four days before the Trump remarks, that it has signed an exclusive licensing deal with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The center has developed and is testing a UV-A “Healight” designed to be inserted via a catheter inside the trachea to kill pathogens, including the coronavirus."

"The Cedars-Sinai Healight team published an article last year in the United European Gastroenterology Journal, titled “Internally Applied Ultraviolet Light as a Novel Approach for Effective and Safe Anti-Microbial Treatment.”

https://www.washingtontimes...ence-testing-uv-lig/

........................................................................................................................................

I don't need to be reminded that I am not the Poster Boy for perfect mental and emotional well being.

"The TRUTH always eventually comes out and it is NEVER what the California mental patient or the Leftist media originally told you".....randye

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-21-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why is it that it's only randye's posts that I can read from across the room?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Maybe rinselberg can give him the number of a good optometrist.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Maybe rinselberg can give him the number of a good optometrist.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was only the half of it. The President thinking aloud about "Outside The Box" strategies for using bleach or disinfectants to kill the virus in situ--inside the human body. But what about Light? Lighting up the lungs or other organs inside the human body to kill the virus. Was that another "dog whistle"..? A secret message, hiding in plain sight, for the Illuminati..?

"You make the call."

He did not say bleach. He also did not suggest you use Lysol or anything inside the body. He was asking the medical doctor beside him if they are going to experiment with "disinfectants" inside the body. Every anti-Trumper within a 1 light year radius hears "Trump said inject Lysol!" Hell if Trump cured cancer you would say 'Oh the poor cancer researchers are going to be out of a job'. Do you really believe we don't see through your BS?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2020 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you do read them.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Denver-based PURO Lighting is proud to realize President Trump's "Outside The Box" idea of dealing death to the Coronavirus threat with the power of LIGHT.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

PURO's "Sentry M1" tripod-based UV disinfectant lighting system is the official disinfectant lighting system of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Trump and PURO--an unbeatable combination!

Warning: PURO disinfectant lighting systems are not designed to project UV light into the lungs or other internal organs or the skin, scalp, ears, eyes or inside the mouth, throat, nostrils or rectum of a living human being. Do not attempt.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-22-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

So you do read them.

I glance at them when I see them, sure... but I'm not politically motivated (seriously!), so the "Leftist" mocking has little impact on me personally.

I don't therefore have any problem with you expressing your political views... give it your best shot... but I'm asking you as politely as I can... could you please stop this ugly business with rinselberg and Boondawg. The personal insults continually being tossed about don't add anything positive to the atmosphere of the forum.

No, I'm not a "snowflake", and no, this isn't some scheme I've cooked up behind the scenes with rinselberg and/or Boondawg. It would just be so nice for everyone to be able to visit O/T and not have to put up with seeing fellow PFF members constantly at each other's throats. It's just so... pointless.

And no, it's not a Love-In I'm after .. but there's no reason why we can't all at least be civil to each other.

<stepping down from soapbox>
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Denver-based PURO Lighting is proud to realize President Trump's "Outside The Box" idea of dealing death to the Coronavirus threat with the power of LIGHT.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

PURO's "Sentry M1" tripod-based UV disinfectant lighting system is the official disinfectant lighting system of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Trump and PURO--an unbeatable combination!

Warning: PURO disinfectant lighting systems are not designed to project UV light into the lungs or other internal organs or the skin, scalp, ears, eyes or inside the mouth, throat, nostrils or rectum of a living human being. Do not attempt.

Outside your box maybe. Ever heard of Sunlighten sauna?

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it," Trump said. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting."

"Orange Man Bad" speaks more about you than Trump.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ronse,

I couldn't help but notice, you had the first three threads on page one when I first came to the site this morning. This caused me to look closer. As of this posting, you have 8 postings on the first page.

Would this qualify as Attention Seeking Syndrome?

I don't read the vast majority of topics posted by you, I haven't read this one. Being retired, I have a lot of time on my hands, I have to assume this is also true of yourself?
I try to fill my time by getting off my butt and doing something outside, something productive. You might consider your options. Not suggesting you don't have a right to post but, it's painfully obvious there is a theme to the pattern. I suppose the same is true of my own posting.

Respectfully,

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-22-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a more realistic and important note....
Trump is not nearly the only one that has touted this drug combination and it has been shown before to be unreliable at best, but is now being shown to be outright harmful. Most of the early claims were based on some one sided/no control group usage report from a snail sucking surrender monkey in 'Europe'.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/0...-new-study-says.html

Patients who took the drug or chloroquine, which hydroxychloroquine is derived from, were also more likely to develop irregular heart rhythms, according to the study. The study looked at more than 96,000 patients from 671 hospitals across six continents.

Researchers at Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and other institutions looked at patients who were hospitalized with Covid-19 between Dec. 20 and April 14. They said 14,888 patients were treated with hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, either alone or in combination with a macrolide. The remaining 81,144 patients were in the control group.

Nearly 10,700 patients died in the hospital. The study found that after controlling for multiple factors, including age, race, sex and underlying health conditions, there was a 34% increase in risk of mortality for patients who took hydroxychloroquine and a 137% increased risk of serious heart arrhythmia.

Last week, another study published in the JAMA Network found the drug appeared to not help Covid-19 patients and, instead, placed them at increased risk of cardiac arrest.

The study published Friday analyzed medical records of Covid-19 patients. It was not a randomized controlled trial, which is considered the gold standard in science. It was funded by William Harvey Distinguished Chair in Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

https://www.thelancet.com/j...(20)31180-6/fulltext

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-22-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ronse, I couldn't help but notice, you had the first three threads on page one when I first came to the site this morning. This caused me to look closer. As of this posting, you have 8 postings on the first page.

Would this qualify as Attention Seeking Syndrome?

I'm kind of curious about why "8 postings on the first page" by this particular member is a concern to you? There is another member here, who starts a helluva lot of threads on a regular basis, who more than once has had at least 18 of his threads on the first page. (Currently, this same member has 6 threads on page one and 11 on page two.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you ever questioning that member about his "Attention Seeking Syndrome".

Is it actually the number of rinselberg's postings that bothers you... or is it perhaps more accurately the content that you simply don't appreciate?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-22-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm kind of curious about why "8 postings on the first page" by this particular member is a concern to you? There is another member here, who starts a helluva lot of threads on a regular basis, who more than once has had at least 18 of his threads on the first page. (Currently, this same member has 6 threads on page one and 11 on page two.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you ever questioning that member about his "Attention Seeking Syndrome".

Is it actually the number of rinselberg's postings that bothers you... or is it perhaps more accurately the content that you simply don't appreciate?

Being honest, I find just about everything Rinselburg posts to be a waste of time and energy and rarely makes much sense, I don't even bother reading most topics he starts.
You asked, I responded with the truth.

In that the pages change, as I look now, you are correct, there are a few members with a bunch of posts, MEM, Maryjane, Randye, ect……. You seem to have a point, I don't read many of some of their threads also. Then again, are you and I all that different? You seem to always be interested in Randye's posts, seldom if ever a favorable comment.. But, I do stay in contact with some folks. I still like using a phone.
Those of us who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (unless we have a very accurate arm).

Rams

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Overwhelmingly, BOTH.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-23-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Being honest, I find just about everything Rinselburg posts to be a waste of time and energy and rarely makes much sense, I don't even bother reading most topics he starts.
You asked, I responded with the truth.

In that the pages change, as I look now, you are correct, there are a few members with a bunch of posts, MEM, Maryjane, Randye, ect……. You seem to have a point, I don't read many of some of their threads also. But, I do stay in contact with some folks. I still like using a phone.

Rams

I'd like to point out that I originated 3 threads on the first page.

I'd also like to point out that is the SUM TOTAL of all the threads that I have originated in the 4 most recent pages.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-22-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'd like to point out that I originated 3 threads on the first page.

I'd also like to point out that is the SUM TOTAL of all the threads that I have originated in the 4 most recent pages.

As I said previously, the pages change every time someone posts, the snap shots in time I took were just that, snap shots.
Currently, Rinse leads the pack by far, with MEM being a close second.

Rams

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I said previously, the pages change every time someone posts, the snap shots in time I took were just that, snap shots.
Currently, Rinse leads the pack by far, with MEM being a close second.

Rams

As you observed, Ronald presently has 8 originated threads on the 1st page and a grand total of 15 originated threads on the 4 most recent pages.

I'm continually amazed that someone can say absolutely nothing of any significance by using so many words.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-22-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You seem to always be interested in Randye's posts, seldom if ever a favorable comment.

You have an "interesting" take on the situation, on a couple of different levels... but that's fine.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the kind of crap that angers me with the Media !

First of all Trump never suggested that anyone drink bleach or Lysol

But lets look at this objectively for a few minutes:

First, NO ONE can disagree that Ethanol is not a disinfectant, or that when you drink it, that it is absorbed in the bloodstream, and expelled through the lungs! The medical community would NEVER admit that if it were indeed effective.

Second, Millions of people every day toke chemicals from bronchial inhalers in order to breath, so are they really going to say that inhaling "certain disinfectants" can't be done?

Third, like has been mentioned UV rays are being used to "clean" subways!

Fourth: Deep sea Divers replace nitrogen with Helium, to not get Nitrogen narcosis. Have any doctors tried using a helium mix to change the virus's habitat?

I don't believe Trump was off the mark, but the Media damn sure has been!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skatulaki:
First, NO ONE can disagree that Ethanol is not a disinfectant, or that when you drink it, that it is absorbed in the bloodstream, and expelled through the lungs!

I can, maybe not.

Ethanol is a fuel additive.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ethanol is a type of alcohol.

It's found in many commonly used and ingested items.

Beer.
Wine.
Whiskey.

It is produced in your body during digestion, as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_metabolism

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-23-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Outside your box maybe. Ever heard of Sunlighten sauna?

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it," Trump said. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting."

"Orange Man Bad" speaks more about you than Trump.

This gets me to why this particular forum topic or "thread" exists.

It exists because I created it. Anyone can verify this observation by returning to the first page of this thread and examining the (proverbial) "Original Post"--or "Message Zero", because of the sequence numbers that the forum software creates; that's uncannily similar to "Patient Zero" on more than one level--examining the Original Post or Message Zero and confirming that the screen name for that message is "rinselberg."

Ha, but that was too easy. The Real QuestionTM is WHY did I create this topic?

I think the President's remarks on that occasion were remarkable. Remarkable remarks. These "riffs" as I have called them, where the President was connecting with an earlier moment when the "guy from Homeland Security" was putting up Microsoft PowerPoint-style viewgraphs, and talking about how the virus was being killed--or deactivated, because many would say that the virus is not ever literally "alive"--but killed, or if not killed, rendered harmless by exposure to disinfectant chemicals or UV light.

If memory serves me, it was that particular Pandemic Briefing that more than any other such briefing, brought about the end of the daily or near-daily series of Pandemic Briefings as they were originally conceived, with a daily or near-daily and uniquely central role for President Trump. That's how I see it, in retrospect. There was that particular Pandemic Briefing, and maybe just one more after that one((?) and then there was change--changes in the manner of how the President continued to communicate with the public about the pandemic.

So all that, by way of introduction.

I created this topic because I wanted to make LIGHT (that pun wasn't scripted, but now I claim it) or even ridicule the President's remarks on that particular occasion.

But that leads to another question: WHY would I want to do that?

I think the President was putting on such an act with his remarks about bleach (or disinfectant) and UV light. As if he were auditioning for a role on stage that would require him to play the part of a "brainstorming" President, so versatile and knowledgeable that he was not only performing the executive and administrative tasks of presiding over the All Of Government Response to the pandemic, but having an important seat at the daily conferencing of subject matter experts. As if he--the fictional "President Trump" of this stage play--is to be imagined right alongside the scientists and engineers and other subject matter experts on pandemic-related matters as they gather in a conference room, or gather online, with Skype or Zoom and have their "brainstorming" sessions, where ideas about the virus and about exactly what to do about it are being "kicked around." Like this:

SCIENTIST #1
Well, I don't know if that's such a good idea. Remember it's an RNA virus, not a DNA virus. And the ACE2 Receptor is central to how the infection proceeds.

"PRESIDENT TRUMP"
Either way, you could still expose the patient's torso to a therapeutic level of UV light. RNA, DNA, ACE2. What difference does it make?

SCIENTIST #2
UV light. Why didn't I think of that? Remember that report that came out last year? In the Lancet. From Kreprensky and Schnell. I think it's worth looking into. UV light. Could we get that into a patient's lungs with a miniaturized UV light source on the end of a catheter?

I think it was good comedy--reminiscent, perhaps, of the original "Seinfeld" show--and it makes me laugh. But I think many people were looking for more serious "fare" on that occasion, in the context of the pandemic. It didn't imbue me with the Willing Suspension Of Disbelief that makes for a viable Science Fiction production or franchise--say, along the lines of the Andromeda Strain.

I've taken considerable time to discuss it here, because I find considerable amusement in it, but now I come face to face with another question--or questions.

Is it significant in any way, in terms of how John Q Public (or even John Q Voter) comes to appreciate the All Of Government Response to the pandemic? Should it be significant?

That's as far as my thoughts are taking me, at the moment. On this topic.

"Alex Azar," "President Trump," "Dr Deborah Birx" and "Dr Anthony Fauci." The cast of Coronavirus.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-23-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Voter's middle initial is 'R' - for Registered.

You really have a lot of time on your hands, don't you.
Do you crochet while brainstorming?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I try to "get it out of my system" once every day, and then move on to more pressing concerns. So you should be seeing windows of some number of hours go by every day (and night) without any new "rinselberg" activity. Six hours, Ten hours.

That's my objective. I don't know that I get that out of every 24 hour cycle. Probably not this one, although it isn't over yet.

I don't see it as a Responsibility, or a Service of any kind (to the Pennock's community.)

What would Pennock's be like if I were to disappear? Would that somehow stimulate other people to move into this "space"..? Or just appear more frequently than they have been appearing?

I won't look for a response until later. Considerably later would be best.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-23-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This gets me to why this particular forum topic or "thread" exists.

It exists because I created it.

You seriously need mental health treatment Ronald

GET HELP

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-23-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2020 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

What would Pennock's be like if I were to disappear?

Do it and lets find out.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2020 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You really have a lot of time on your hands, don't you.
Do you crochet while brainstorming?

How sweet is it that you're so inquisitive, and not hardly passive/aggressive at all!
Hey, here's an idea.
How bout' "I disagree."?

Wanna' know why?
It's less purposely insulting than "You really have a lot of time on your hands, don't you. Do you crochet while brainstorming?"
That's just English 101.

But I get the feeling this isn't a problem of syntax...
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It just hit me. About the famous "Drink Clorox and stick a UV Lamp up your azz" episode that finally brought brought down the curtain on the "Coronavirus" comedy series.

President Trump stayed overnight at Mar-a-Lago. Not a Holiday Inn Express. Big mistake. They wanted to have him looking and sounding like the "guy" here, but when they broadcast the episode live (another big mistake) he veered way off-script.
https://youtu.be/8H1QDdPVyf...FCph1_SeaxAatPngsMVp

I really miss it. Can't wait for the reruns.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-24-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I can't help but think that if I "flipped the script" and "carried on" or "acted out" here in a more Trump or Republican-aligned way (to the extent that such can be imagined) that there would be a somewhat different reaction from the "usual suspects." Maybe not wholehearted approbation, but less of a focus on... well, anyone can find the kinds of reaction that I have in mind. Anyone who's been following the "show" here for any length of time.

HAGO.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-24-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay