Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  RC Trucks have come a long way in 20 years. Excellent way practice social distancing

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
RC Trucks have come a long way in 20 years. Excellent way practice social distancing by DimeMachine
Started on: 05-16-2020 09:03 AM
Replies: 12 (271 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 05-24-2020 02:26 PM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the most durable "adult duty" RC truck? I purchased this Arrma Kraton not long ago and have to say it has exceeded my expectations. It is a BEAST.

Got any RC trucks? What are your favorite?

This thing is a beast.

https://youtu.be/KArQFLQHF7M
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back in my day, the Tamiya Bruiser was the workhorse in the industry. It had the 3 speed transmission, all steel components, and weighed about 20 pounds with the huge brick battery they used.

Here is the control with the shift gate installed

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 05-16-2020).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We recently got the old school Blackfoot and Monster Beetle kits and will be building them. Wish we could get a pair of technigold motors
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Heh , I liked your video!
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

We recently got the old school Blackfoot and Monster Beetle kits and will be building them. Wish we could get a pair of technigold motors

My first job was at a hobby store and I remember when the Blackfoot and Monster Beetle were released. They sold like hotcakes because that was the era of Bob Chandler's Bigfoot. I am very glad to see that after all these years, Tamiya hasn't given up on their big sellers from the 80's.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2020 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Back in my day, the Tamiya Bruiser was the workhorse in the industry. It had the 3 speed transmission, all steel components, and weighed about 20 pounds with the huge brick battery they used.

Here is the control with the shift gate installed

That bruiser was pretty advanced. The transmission shifted gears - right and it had driveshafts going to each differential, leaf springs like my 1973 ford F250 I had at the time, very similar to the real deal. Remember them on the shelves but money would not permit me to buy one at the time... So cool!

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 05-17-2020).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2020 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

.... money would not permit me to buy one at the time... So cool!

Hell, I still question the prices of the used ones. They run between $600 up to $1,000, and that's USED.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2020 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Hell, I still question the prices of the used ones. They run between $600 up to $1,000, and that's USED.

I wonder if you could still get parts? It would be a bummer to be sidelined by a small gear or some other machined or cast part...
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tamiya makes a newer version called the High Lift. Looks like a Superduty Ford
phreakboy4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phreakboy4Send a Private Message to phreakboy4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

What is the most durable "adult duty" RC truck? I purchased this Arrma Kraton not long ago and have to say it has exceeded my expectations. It is a BEAST.

Got any RC trucks? What are your favorite?

This thing is a beast.

https://youtu.be/KArQFLQHF7M

Arrma is great especially for durability, I have a 3s senton that has taken so many jumps and tumbles with no issues whatsoever.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Kraton is fun, but the Nero is a beast
PFF
System Bot
D B Cooper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an old nitro Traxxas Revo that I converted to brushless electric, an E-Revo Mamba, and a brushless 4-tec. Of course they all needed cooler bodies than the stock ones The advent of lithium polymer batteries and brushless motors really kicked the RC stuff into high gear.

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2020 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Tamiya makes a newer version called the High Lift. Looks like a Superduty Ford

I just looked it up - pretty cool! Not a basher, but is a very neat piece of RC engineering for sure!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock