Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' by rinselberg
Started on: 04-22-2020 06:20 PM
Replies: 258 (4218 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 09-18-2020 09:20 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nobody is sick..go on line and educate yourselves..

She needs to follow her own advice.
I was asked not too long ago "Who is this gullible demographic that falls into the moron category?"
The answer is the primary player in that video.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stated by woman in video:

Nobody is sick..go on line and educate yourselves...

Originally posted by maryjane:

"Who is this gullible demographic that falls into the moron category?"

Even after watching That video several times, I find it difficult to accept that some people can be so misinformed, yet so convinced of their beliefs. It's kind of scary actually.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-17-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Even after watching That video several times, I find it difficult to accept that some people can be so misinformed, yet so convinced of their beliefs. It's kind of scary actually.

I see both sides of the issue. For the most part I am neutral on the mask issue. I have no problem wearing masks but I rip it off ASAP when no people are around that could be bothered by me. I have said before that if the mask physically works or not, isn't so much my reason, I know that for peace of mind for others is a good enough reason for me at this point in time.
I do not agree with her actions, she is an extreme example of "that point of view". In fact I see the people who want to force shutdowns and mandatory masks as her polar (and just as wrong) opposite. Just as she is wrong for not caring about others, her opposite side of the issue doesn't seem to care either. Example are those that have "resolved" infections. Why are they harassed into wearing masks and shutdowns?
There is a common ground in between where people can live and let live, she isn't helping anyone reach that area.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have been a few lab confirmed cases of covid re-infections. A very few, but it can and has happened.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

There have been a few lab confirmed cases of covid re-infections. A very few, but it can and has happened.

I can verify those claims. I work with at least one confirmed case of a second infection. 2 other second infections are rumored tho.
I have always said that this covid is real. I get tested once a week and have yet to get a positive. It spreads UNBELIEVABLY easy. But that being said I believe that the media hypes it up to be larger than life. Why? I believe it is totally political. The VAST majority of cases at work are little to no symptoms at all. We have had over 100 personnel test positive and a total of 1700 infections. So far 4 deaths that are said to be directly related and one additional indirect death. Hospitalizations are not recorded. It is real. It is also highly politicized.
The VAST majority of infections are asymptomatic and develop nothing more than a loss of taste and smell among a few other minor symptoms. Yes of nearly 2,000 cases, some do develop more severe symptoms and some of those require Hospitalizations.
From where I stand, this is absolutely a case of a "bad flue". And that is based on facts that surround me. It is not necessarily representative of the entire USA but does represent an unbiased cross section of America.
I am not making this up from thin air, my employer freely disseminates this information weekly.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The VAST majority of infections are asymptomatic and develop nothing more than a loss of taste and smell among a few other minor symptoms. Yes of nearly 2,000 cases, some do develop more severe symptoms and some of those require Hospitalizations.

From where I stand, this is absolutely a case of a "bad flue". And that is based on facts that surround me. It is not necessarily representative of the entire USA but does represent an unbiased cross section of America.

I am not making this up from thin air, my employer freely disseminates this information weekly.

How many senior citizens work there?

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have a point in your question?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

You have a point in your question?

Excuse me?

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excuse me?

It just seemed you had a point to make with your question. Normally senior citizens are retired and do not work. Given that he is a prison guard it may be that senior citizens are locked up there, but not working as guards. At least this is my understanding.

Picture me asking with a smile, not clinched fists. I’m just curious if your question had a point you were trying to make.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 09-17-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I’m just curious if your question had a point you were trying to make.

Is this something new here, a 3rd party checking to see if a point is to be made?

Yes, there is a point to be made. I believe it's rather obvious... but if not, all will be revealed in due course.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Honestly I can't answer that. Because I just don't have any type of brake down like that. I can say that we categorize people as "high risk". This category is made up of the WHO and CDC guidelines of susceptibility to the covid. In this group we have hundreds. I work with, (and obviously speak to them) several "seniors" who I honestly expected the worst, when I heard that they tested positive, who just shrugged it off as nothing.I know of one person who has been battling cancer far longer than covid has been on the map. This person has unfortunately tested positive for the covid. I am.not sure how much higher risk it gets than this, but after 3 weeks or so, no covid symptoms at all. Others out there, for example Ben Carson have died by week 4. Every person that I have personally talked to WITHOUT EXCEPTION has compared the covid to a flue. Some had worse flue symptoms and some had a harder time with covid. But again, the vast majority of them had little to no symptoms at all.

By no means am I attempting to down play this thing, it is real. It is real and really contagious. BUT it is highly politicized, THAT is more of a travesty than any short falls the Government has made during this brake out. I am believing more every day that this would not be such a big deal if it weren't an election year. For example, why is New York still locked down? What is the infection rate versus the death rate this week? Does it warrant the current lock down? The answer is no.
Somewhere between the two extremes there is a place where we can live and let live.
Be careful out there people.
Panic, in my opinion plays a part in how people see or view or react to covid. Panic is not always based in reality, it is sometimes based on rumors and speculation. I choose to respect how others perceive covid, regardless of how I view it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2020 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Given that he is a prison guard it may be that senior citizens are locked up there, but not working as guards.

I can say that we categorize people as "high risk". This category is made up of the WHO and CDC guidelines of susceptibility to the covid. In this group we have hundreds. I work with, (and obviously speak to them) several "seniors"...

I had no idea what you did for a living. I didn't realize that you worked with a captive audience, so to speak.

The point I was wanting to make, is that the work force is made up of all ages (of adults), but the number of "seniors" still working rather drastically drops off... due in large part to retirement, and yes, death. Therefore the work force does not truly represent an "an unbiased cross section of America". It's a much younger cross section.

It then stands to reason that a virus, any virus, should have a lesser impact on younger people than it has on people in their 60's, 70's, 80's etc. So sure, COVID-19 may not appear to be that much of a big deal for a healthy person in their 20's, 30's, 40's and maybe even their 50's... but to a an older person, a senior citizen, it could very much be a death sentence.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had no idea what you did for a living. I didn't realize that you worked with a captive audience, so to speak.

The point I was wanting to make, is that the work force is made up of all ages (of adults), but the number of "seniors" still working rather drastically drops off... due in large part to retirement, and yes, death. Therefore the work force does not truly represent an "an unbiased cross section of America". It's a much younger cross section.

It then stands to reason that a virus, any virus, should have a lesser impact on younger people than it has on people in their 60's, 70's, 80's etc. So sure, COVID-19 may not appear to be that much of a big deal for a healthy person in their 20's, 30's, 40's and maybe even their 50's... but to a an older person, a senior citizen, it could very much be a death sentence.

I do not disagree with you. If you are at a higher risk than the average person, please take precautions. But you may underestimate the age group that I used as a sample. A good friend of mine is retiring soon, who is in his 60s. He is not alone in this age group. Also as mentioned age is not the only risk factor, there are many factors that are not related to age. Some have major operations in their past that put them in a high risk group. Not everyone I work with is a guard some are teachers, plumbers, electricians and MANY more jobs. They do not discriminate on age and employees alone do represent a cross section of America. Especially when you consider the people who are out and about in public in contact or close proximity to others. Realistically how many seniors are out in the mix. Some yes, but are all seniors out there doing the "high risk" behaviors?
I would guess that most do not engage.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 09-18-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Realistically how many seniors are out in the mix. Some yes, but are all seniors out there doing the "high risk" behaviors?
I would guess that most do not engage.

Seniors don't need to leave their homes to be exposed to risk. One visit from their grandchildren could be enough to infect them.

I suspect the second wave of COVID-19 will be in large part fueled by kids returning to school this month. Could be a long winter...

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 09-18-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seniors don't need to leave their homes to be exposed to risk. One visit from their grandchildren could be enough to infect them.

I suspect the second wave of COVID-19 will be in large part fueled by kids returning to school this month. Could be a long winter...

The USA is already in the 2nd wave and has been since many of the states exited from lockdown in May and June.

These graphs show why NYC has not exited lockdown fully..NYC is the most densely populated city in the USA.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this could very well be true.
It may also be true that covid is now a new normal and may not go away, like the flue? I guess it could just mutate and stay among us year after year?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2020 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It may also be true that covid is now a new normal and may not go away, like the flue? I guess it could just mutate and stay among us year after year?

This Covid may never go away. It could shape the world in ways we are still coming to terms with.
But no matter how much we want it to go away we can't always control the course of nature.
What can be done is bring to light how it happened and make sure this is as bad as it gets.
I don't want to wake up tomorrow and have fast zombies chasing me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock