Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' by rinselberg
Started on: 04-22-2020 06:20 PM
Replies: 258 (4218 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 09-18-2020 09:20 AM
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Actually........I thought she was very impressive in the sense that she came — I don’t know which country she comes from — but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients. And I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.

What got the Leftists enraged about her voice was when she had the audacity to question Anthony Fauci's "infallibility"

Notably they haven't attacked any of the other physicians that appeared in the same way, but have focused their ire on her.
IP: Logged
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Her credibility is being attacked since they can't attack her results.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Her credibility is being attacked since they can't attack her results.

Good point.

They have attacked everything about her except that.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok rinselberg ... you fell into the Covid 19 chasm face first. Your life is in peril. Would you take hydroxychloroquine ?

If not, what would you take ?

Did you know that hydroxychloroquine is on the list of the World Health Organization’s list of essential medicines ?

BIG PHARMA has a lot to lose if hydroxychloroquine is an approved effective treatment for Covid 19. Discovered in ?the forties?, it is generic.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.timesnownews.co...g-if-it-works/629448

Interesting.
(no, it's not WHO's malaria/lupus treatment drug)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-31-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.timesnownews.co...g-if-it-works/629448

Interesting.

Who wrote that ? Timothy Leary ?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35951 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:
Ok rinselberg ... you fell into the Covid 19 chasm face first. Your life is in peril. Would you take hydroxychloroquine ?

Ohio Pharmacy Board Banning Hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 Treatment

Ohio pharmacy board reverses ban on hydroxychloroquine after GOP Gov. DeWine’s request

second link
DeWine says treatment should be doctor-patient decision.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to step aside from the Covid-related "stuff" on this thread, for the moment, because it deserves an attentiveness and a focus that I do not want to try to summon--at this moment.

"Russia, Russia, Russia"... that came (from Hudini) on the previous page of this thread. Towards the end of that page, if memory serves me. So I went "there" myself, at the end of the previous page.

I recommend two video segments that are conveniently on YouTube.

First, just short of four minutes from the one-on-one interview that President Trump had with reporter Jonathan Swan of Axios. The interview took place last week and aired in its entirety on Monday of this week, on "Axios on HBO."
https://youtu.be/0HzB2tAUd64

Here's Adam Schiff (needs no introduction) reacting to the Axios interview, and reacting to President Trump reacting to subsequent media coverage involving the Axios interview. Just over 90 seconds.
https://youtu.be/oC4a-G7klpA

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-01-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GOOD NEWS

HQC [hydroxychloroquine] can block the coronavirus from infecting kidney cells [taken] from the African green monkey.

NOT SO GOOD NEWS

[hydroxychloroquine] does not inhibit the virus in human lung cells – the primary site of infection for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

"Here's Why Hydroxychloroquine Doesn't Block The Coronavirus in Human Lung Cells"

In the green monkey kidney cells, both hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine decrease the acidity, which then disables the cathepsin L enzyme, blocking the virus from infecting the monkey cells. In human lung cells, which have very low levels of cathepsin L enzyme, the virus uses the enzyme TMPRSS2 to enter the cell. But because that enzyme is not controlled by acidity, neither HCQ and CQ can block the SARS-CoV-2 from infecting the lungs or stop the virus from replicating.

. . . This matters for several reasons. One, much time and money has been spent studying a drug that many scientists said from the very beginning was not going to be effective in killing the virus.

. . . It is important not only to focus our efforts on pursuing drugs that will directly shut down viral replication, but also to study the virus in the primary site of infection.
Katherine Seley-Radtke for The Conversation, republished in ScienceAlert; August 1, 2020.
https://www.sciencealert.co...utm_source=AppleNews

A science news media report that describes research that was just published in the science journal Nature.

"Chloroquine does not inhibit infection of human lung cells with SARS-CoV-2"
Markus Hoffmann et al in Nature; July 22, 2020.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2575-3

ABSTRACT

The COVID-19 pandemic, which is caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, has been associated with more than 470,000 fatal cases worldwide. In order to develop antiviral interventions quickly, drugs used for treatment of unrelated diseases are currently being repurposed to combat COVID-19. Chloroquine is a anti-malaria drug that is frequently employed for COVID-19 treatment since it inhibits SARS-CoV-2 spread in the kidney-derived cell line Vero1–3. Here, we show that engineered expression of TMPRSS2, a cellular protease that activates SARS-CoV-2 for entry into lung cells4, renders SARS-CoV-2 infection of Vero cells insensitive to chloroquine. Moreover, we report that chloroquine does not block SARS-CoV-2 infection of the TMPRSS2-positive lung cell line Calu-3. These results indicate that chloroquine targets a pathway for viral activation that is not operative in lung cells and is unlikely to protect against SARS-CoV-2 spread in and between patients.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I do not like this meme... lol.

I used to go snorkling all the time in South Florida when I was younger. I dated this girl who was really nuts (legitimately), and we went on a snorkling trip in the keys for the weekend. She saw two sharks off in the distance a hammer-head and a bull-nose shark just kind of "hanging out" in a shallow area. Like a total psychopath, she thought it was a good idea to go swim up to them. So... she did.

I don't remember which one reacted, one swam away (or I stopped paying attention to it), and the other came at us. I don't remember which one came at us... but the second the shark darted towards us, she immediately just lost it. Couldn't swim, started flailing in the water... flapping her arms, screaming. I was F**KING PISSED... I cannot express that enough. I'm usually calm in these situations (thankfully), so I grabbed her and started to drag/swim her back to the catamaran. The shark darted past us very close, and really fast... but didn't do anything. The entire time I'm thinking how pissed I'm going to be if I get bit. I figured I'd probably lose a limb or something, but kept swimming her stupid-ass back to the catamaran.

Nothing happened, and I broke up with her a couple of days later. Some of you guys who met me during the Daytona 2000 car show would have met her.

Haven't really been back snorkling since, hahah...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's SHARK WEEK!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69659 posts
Member since Apr 2001
https://www.businessinsider...xychloroquine-2020-8

President Donald Trump and Adm. Brett Giroir, assistant secretary of Health attend the daily coronavirus briefing at the White House April 20, 2020. Alex Wong/Getty Images
>White House coronavirus testing czar Brett P. Giroir on Sunday said it was time to "move on" from discussing hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment, adding "evidence just doesn't show hydroxychloroquine is effective, for now."
>There is no scientific data to suggest that hydroxychloroquine can treat or prevent the novel coronavirus, although President Donald Trump has continued to tout the drug during the pandemic.
>The president last week shared a video from a controversial doctor who advocated for the use of the drug and reminded reporters at a press conference that he took the drug after he had been potentially exposed to COVID-19.

I've been swingin a dead cat around my head 3 times at midnight and so far, I have not come down with coronavirus!!
(The neighbors are starting to complain about pets being missing..anybody know where I can get some more dead cats?..all mine startin' to smell pretty bad...)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been swingin a dead cat around my head 3 times at midnight and so far, I have not come down with coronavirus!!

Stay away from my little buddy!

So, can anyone identify these Fiero parts?

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-02-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

YES!!!! And you are a lucky man Mr. Patrick.

What you have there, is an original 1984 "fresh air vent" that allowed you to be able to duct fresh air from outside the Fiero into the passenger floor area of the cabin. The bottom one is the original block-off plate that you took off.

It is an EXTREMELY rare option that only a few Fieros came with, and even had two "air-plane throttle" like knobs which mounted under the dashboard by the driver's knee which would allow you to open and close both the drivers and passenger side with a cable.

I bought a set of these for like $300 bucks from The Fiero Factory about 10 years ago and intend to install them whenever I retire and get back to working on my Fiero again. The problem is... you can't have one on the passenger side if you have air conditioning... so I'm probably going to have to see how I can go about modifying the passenger side one so it actually works. I think the HVAC box blocks the opening...

BOOM!!!! What do I get?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

What you have there, is an original 1984 "fresh air vent" that allowed you to be able to duct fresh air from outside the Fiero into the passenger floor area of the cabin. The bottom one is the original block-off plate that you took off.

Correctomundo!

... so I'm probably going to have to see how I can go about modifying the passenger side one so it actually works. I think the HVAC box blocks the opening...

I have information regarding this that I don't think anyone has ever posted at PFF.

BOOM!!!! What do I get?

I just finished swapping vents (and cable control) from an '84 parts car to my Formula. I took lots of pictures. You will be PM'd and granted first access to the thread that I will be soon be creating in the Technical Discussion area about this swap.

A teaser shot of the '84 parts car with the vents removed...

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-02-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
This matters for several reasons. One, much time and money has been spent studying a drug that many scientists said from the very beginning was not going to be effective in killing the virus.

Scientists studied with eyes tightly shut ?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just finished swapping vents (and cable control) from an '84 parts car to my Formula. I took lots of pictures. You will be PM'd and granted first access to the thread that I will be soon be creating in the Technical Discussion area about this swap.

A teaser shot of the '84 parts car with the vents removed...

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Not going to lie... I am psyched. I think it's such a cool option, it really is. It's not very "modern," per-se, but it's always something that I felt was such a cool feature. Also... even for the 1984 models, it's extremely rare. I may have seen only one in the junkyard the entire time from 1996-2011 that I went religiously to the South Florida "U-Pull-It" lot... and that had to have been close to 100+ Fieros. Even when a 1984 Fiero didn't come with air conditioning, it still wasn't for sure that it would have come with that fresh-air system. But personally, I think it would be such a cool feature for the car.

Yes... PLEASE e-mail me when you post your thread, I'm very interested. I honestly don't know when I'll end up getting a chance to work on my Fiero. It's been in storage for 9 years and 11 days now. I move for work every 3-4 years, and I'm going to end up moving again... so I haven't taken the car out of storage, but I desperately miss it, and I bought that whole set myself too.

Can you take pictures of the linkage and where everything gets bolted together... also where the knobs hook up? I'd be willing to bet that most Fiero owners don't even know about this feature.

Awesome!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes... PLEASE e-mail me when you post your thread, I'm very interested.

I promise.

And we've probably sidetracked this thread enough.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..anybody know where I can get some more dead cats?..all mine startin' to smell pretty bad...)

Son, what you got there is a case of rotten-...well, i'm pretty' sure you already nose' what it is.
2 words; Call me!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-02-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scientists studied with eyes tightly shut ?

President Trump's pattern of awarding the hydroxychloroquine pharmaceutical the equivalent of a Facebook "Like", in his public remarks and Twitter messages, goes all the way back to March (if memory serves me.) It's bizarre. It's grotesque. It's gobsmacking.

For me, this messaging from the President is like a fluorescent orange highlighting pen, and what it highlights are questions. "Why" questions.

Why has there been a pattern of "wide open throttle" reopening of individual states and population centers, when in instance after instance, the CDC's original "gating" criteria for phased reopenings were ignored or discounted? Why doesn't the U.S. have a more effective system of TESTING and CONTACT TRACING to cover the entire nation? Why am I seeing reports that there are still significant problems with the logistics of providing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to hospitals and everybody else who needs it? Why is the federal government (reportedly) building up a stockpile of hydroxychloroquine? Has someone with a particular hydroxychloroquine-related financial incentive been putting the hydroxychloroquine 'bug' into the President's ear?

I hope I can find the time to finish reading the report that I presented in another Covid-related Pennock's thread--worthy of being replicated here (IMO)--from Vanity Fair.

DUPLICATED FROM ANOTHER THREAD

Jim Clyburn (D), the long-tenured U.S. Representative from South Carolina's 6th Congressional District and prominent Biden ally, has just reopened one of history's most oft-rummaged file drawers that political pundits have been rummaging for nearly 2000 years.

Congressman Clyburn compared the Trump administration's Covid-19 response to the Emperor Nero (37-68 CE) "fiddling" while Rome burned.

In nearly the same breath--during a brief, on-air interview on MSNBC--Clyburn name checked a new investigative-style report in Vanity Fair's "Hive", which is the magazine's online business, politics and technology vertical. (What's a "vertical"..?)

Did Nero literally or even just figuratively "fiddle" while Rome burned?

This new Hive report from Vanity Fair does nothing to illuminate that age-old controversy.

How Jared Kushner’s Secret [Covid] Testing Plan “Went Poof Into Thin Air”

This spring, a team working under the president's son-in-law produced a plan for an aggressive, coordinated national COVID-19 response that could have brought the pandemic under control. So why did the White House spike it in favor of a shambolic [sic] 50-state response?

Katherine Eban for Vanity Fair; July 30, 2020.
https://www.vanityfair.com/...t-poof-into-thin-air

This is a magazine-length article. I'm not going to trouble myself to run it through Read-o-Meter, but I think anyone would need about 15 minutes--maybe 20 minutes--to read it carefully, from end to end. I'm not suggesting it, but it's an option.

It's sectionalized and after several paragraphs, the sections appear, one after another, each one delineated by a new section title; to wit:
  1. TEAM JARED
  2. AN ABORTED PLAN
  3. THE SUMMER OF DISASTER
  4. THE PLOT TO SAVE AMERICA
  5. A BAD GAMBLE

The Rockefeller Foundation features prominently in the narrative.

There is a reference to "blue" states, which I am highlighting in this violet color because blue doesn't contrast well. Can you find the word "blue" in this text, which I copied from the article? (It's about three quarters of the way down.)

By early April, some who worked on the plan were given the strong impression that it would soon be shared with President Trump and announced by the White House. The plan, though imperfect, was a starting point. Simply working together as a nation on it “would have put us in a fundamentally different place,” said the participant.

But the effort ran headlong into shifting sentiment at the White House. Trusting his vaunted political instincts, President Trump had been downplaying concerns about the virus and spreading misinformation about it—efforts that were soon amplified by Republican elected officials and right-wing media figures. Worried about the stock market and his reelection prospects, Trump also feared that more testing would only lead to higher case counts and more bad publicity. Meanwhile, Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, was reportedly sharing models with senior staff that optimistically—and erroneously, it would turn out—predicted the virus would soon fade away.

Against that background, the prospect of launching a large-scale national plan was losing favor, said one public health expert in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-03-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I promise.

And we've probably sidetracked this thread enough.

Every thread is meant to be side-tracked... until Cliff says otherwise!

Another super-rare option is the "Rally Pack" cluster that went in place of the Fiero "map pocket" and pouch on the passenger side dash. They are incredibly rare, and only a few were made. I'm not aware that you could even order them, but they had produced several of them before Pontiac decided they weren't going to offer them through the dealer order catalog. All the Fiero dashes are cut for it though, and there's a slot for the wiring for the gauge cluster, and all the parts have part numbers as well.

Ugh, damnit... I just scoured my entire website and can't find the image. I have it saved somewhere so I'll look for it. I had a scan of the original service manual diagram (which was removed in subsequent printings) and even had a picture of it from one of the early show cars that was fully optioned.

If I can remember correctly, it had an analog (electric) chronograph / timer, there was a second tachometer on there, an odometer, and three trip gauges. It was supposedly to be used for the "navigator" when you're doing a long-distance road rally or something.

Anyway, if you know of any other super rare features, I'm all ears. There's the subwoofer, not entirely rare, the fleece seats from the 85 model year, not totally rare but super cool none the less... but that's all I can think of.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perspective.
Click to show
I wonder what the other side looks like.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every thread is meant to be side-tracked... until Cliff says otherwise!

Another super-rare option is the "Rally Pack" cluster that went in place of the Fiero "map pocket" and pouch on the passenger side dash. They are incredibly rare, and only a few were made. I'm not aware that you could even order them, but they had produced several of them before Pontiac decided they weren't going to offer them through the dealer order catalog. All the Fiero dashes are cut for it though, and there's a slot for the wiring for the gauge cluster, and all the parts have part numbers as well.

Ugh, damnit... I just scoured my entire website and can't find the image. I have it saved somewhere so I'll look for it. I had a scan of the original service manual diagram (which was removed in subsequent printings) and even had a picture of it from one of the early show cars that was fully optioned.

If I can remember correctly, it had an analog (electric) chronograph / timer, there was a second tachometer on there, an odometer, and three trip gauges. It was supposedly to be used for the "navigator" when you're doing a long-distance road rally or something.

Anyway, if you know of any other super rare features, I'm all ears. There's the subwoofer, not entirely rare, the fleece seats from the 85 model year, not totally rare but super cool none the less... but that's all I can think of.

How about the electric power steering option for 1988 that Pontiac had ready--it's actually described in a Pontiac 1988 sales brochure that I have--and then discontinued? What I have read is that there were 1988 model year Fieros that were shipped from the factory to dealers with this option--like maybe 3? Or just 2? Only 1? It can't get any more "super rare" than that!

I have this brochure because I bought it as a thing to have (for want of a better description) but I am not the original owner of the one Fiero that I've allowed into my life. I am two owners removed.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-03-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

So basically, it scoops up Covid and dumps it at your passenger's feet?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19534 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Repulsive Raul: Arizona Congressman Tests Positive for COVID-19, Blasts Republicans Who Don’t Wear Masks

In a statement Saturday, Grijalva harshly criticized colleagues who refuse to take precautions against the coronavirus. “While I cannot blame anyone directly for this, this week has shown that there are some Members of Congress who fail to take this crisis seriously,” he said. “Numerous Republican members routinely strut around the Capitol without a mask to selfishly make a political statement at the expense of their colleagues, staff, and their families.” Grijalva, 73, went on to praise House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for requiring lawmakers and their staff to wear masks. “Stopping the spread of a deadly virus should not be a partisan issue,” he said.

What's wrong with this picture?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

No no no... Here on the Pacific coast, it gathers and mixes fresh ocean breezes with cedar-scented mountain air and gently guides it all towards my feet.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about the electric power steering option for 1988 that Pontiac had ready--it's actually described in a Pontiac 1988 sales brochure that I have--and then discontinued? What I have read is that there were 1988 model year Fieros that were shipped from the factory to dealers with this option--like maybe 3? Or just 2? Only 1? It can't get any more "super rare" than that!

I have this brochure because I bought it as a thing to have (for want of a better description) but I am not the original owner of the one Fiero that I've allowed into my life. I am two owners removed.

Yes! I completely forgot about that one. It was still a pneumatic pump, but it was powered by an electric motor of some sort, rather than with belt power or something, correct? I remember seeing pictures of it attached to the steering column in a mock-up that Pontiac had done.

Originally posted by williegoat:

There's a separate vent on both sides, one for the driver, and one for the passenger. The levers to open/close it are both just to the right of the drivers knee if I remember correctly. Every Fiero space frame already has these openings. If I remember correctly, it's in the cowl area, so, under the cowl mesh. But honestly... if you're like me, and you want to cruise around some days without the air conditioning, want to have the sunroof off, and just want to cruise around with a breeze... these are perfect. They provide a perfect breeze in the leg area for the driver and passenger.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes! I completely forgot about that one. It was still a pneumatic pump, but...

Pretty sure it was hydraulic.

There's a separate vent on both sides, one for the driver, and one for the passenger. Every Fiero space frame already has these openings.

Well... yes and no. And that's all I'll say about it until I post my vent swap thread.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty sure it was hydraulic.

Well... yes and no. And that's all I'll say about it until I post my vent swap thread.

Lol, pneumatic is compressed air. Yeah, I meant hydraulic, thanks.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why has there been a pattern of "wide open throttle" reopening of individual states and population centers, when in instance after instance, the CDC's original "gating" criteria for phased reopenings were ignored or discounted?

Really ? Are you serious ? ... Orange man did that ? NO !
The CDC is not an a enforcement instrument of a King.

"Wide open throttle" ? Why was there a stupidity rush to close all the States ? Fear of the unknown, panic, politics ? Your President did not shut down the States. Each State did. Michigan for instance let you shop at Home Depot but you could not buy paint or garden seeds, . Most States, you could go to the liquor store but not to Church, .
Many States shut down by edict or mandate. Which I contend is not binding on personal liberty.

These mandates violate the US Constitution, Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Assembly (except if you are rioting). The fate of this pandemic is largely up to individuals. People must observe the safety guidelines.

Did you put in any critical thinking before you asked that question ? Really ? Are you serious ?
Have you ever though about how much tax revenue was being lost every day of the shut down ? How many people could not support themselves ? How many businesses folded ? How children could not get an education ?

Did you ever think of quarantine fatigue, of the voters ? The economic toll from one round of shutdowns has been staggering. More than 44 million people in the United States have filed for initial unemployment benefits since mid-March. Landlords can not even get compensation for rent. Evictions have been 'covid illegal'.

The federal government hasn't been in control of shutdowns and reopenings. Those have been at the discretion of each state. Major League Baseball, Basketball, Hockey are reopening (with some spikes of infection).

Why doesn't the U.S. have a more effective system of TESTING and CONTACT TRACING to cover the entire nation?

Really ? Are you serious ? ... Orange man did that ? NO !

More effective ? Our tests are spot on. There have been some undependable tests but they have been weeded out. Do you mean a test per day for 350+ million citizens ? Every single day ? Have you ever not been able to be tested ? I nor anyone I know have not been unable to be tested. Never a wait either. Since March testing capacity is up 32,000%. Not a typo. 32,00o%.

Contract tracing ? Really ? Are you serious ?

There are many reasons contract tracing is ineffective. One is In some regions, large swaths of the population have refused to participate or cannot even be located, further hampering health care workers

60% of Workers with COVID Refuse to Cooperate with Contact Tracing in Los Angeles

The number of people testing positive who tracers have been able to reach has fallen to 68% in recent weeks, down from 75% earlier in the pandemic, according to officials. And only 40% of those people have been willing to disclose who they may have exposed.

Evidence from some other countries has suggested that contract tracing is difficult to implement, partly because people resist invasions of their privacy, especially when contact tracing requires handing over mobile phone location data.

Why am I seeing reports that there are still significant problems with the logistics of providing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to hospitals and everybody else who needs it?

Consider you source of reports. Don't believe everything you read, nothing you think , and half the things you see.

Why is the federal government (reportedly) building up a stockpile of hydroxychloroquine? Has someone with a particular hydroxychloroquine-related financial incentive been putting the hydroxychloroquine 'bug' into the President's ear?

It wouldn't be Dr Fauci. Dr. Fauci owns a number of vaccine patents, including one that is being trialed to fight coronavirus by some of America's biggest vaccine manufacturers. Hydroxychloroquine is now generic. What evil financial incentive could there be ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

This is a data plot that I created using the checkboxes (U.S. vs European Union) from the Our World In Data website:
https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

The ORANGE curve (Orange curve, "Orange Man") is the United States, which as of the date of this plot--today, August 4--is showing about 60,000 new confirmations of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. It's based on a 7-day rolling average.

The European Union is showing under 10,000 and if memory serves me, the European Union comprises about 440 million people, compared to 330 million people for the United States.

Now we see some reduction in new cases for the U.S. and a definite upwards trend in new cases for the European Union, as we follow this data all the way over to where it ends on the right, at current day of August 4. But the U.S. is still reporting more than 6 times as many new Covid cases in each 24 hour period than the European Union.

We can't say for sure where this is going or what is next coming our way, but if you can come up with a logical and coherent narrative that spins this data plot in a positive way for President Trump, then you should step right up and ask the Trump reelection campaign to hire you and set you up very close to the top of the reelection campaign's "org chart." Because you'd deserve it.

If we were to think of this as a baseball game, U.S. vs European Union, the U.S. has been relegated to a game of Catch Up or Come From Behind, while the European Union has a sizable lead--a significant advantage on the scoreboard--as the game moves into the middle innings.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-04-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The United States... is showing about 60,000 new confirmations of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours.

The European Union is showing under 10,000 ...
.... the European Union comprises about 440 million people, compared to 330 million people for the United States.

If we were to think of this as a baseball game, U.S. vs European Union, the U.S. has been relegated to a game of Catch Up or Come From Behind, while the European Union has a sizable lead--a significant advantage on the scoreboard--as the game moves into the middle innings.

The U.S. has conducted around 61.6 million COVID-19 tests. The EU ?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again, the US is dramatically over-counting the death numbers, while other countries are under-counting.

WHY OVER-COUNT?

Under our current system in the United States, we've incentivized the reporting of COVID death cases to dramatically increase funding. It's "really" bad, and as explained by the Director of Health for the State of Illinois,

"...even if you died of a clearly alternate death, but you had COVID at the same time, we report it as a COVID death."

WHY UNDER-COUNT?

For all the other countries, the overwhelming vast majority of which have a Socialized health care program... they are under constant scrutiny by their populace. MOST of these national healthcare programs have ballooned in debt, become unmanageable, and their budgets have grown astronomically while patient care and services have continued to decline. So there is enormous incentive to NOT count a death as COVID unless absolutely necessary because it only serves to make it appear as though the embroiled health care systems are failing further.

Despite this information (which is fact), the United States still looks quite good compared to the other countries, even though we border one of the poorest countries in the world and nearly 1/6th of our population is illegal immigrants. Mexicans are some of the hardest hit in our country because they live sometimes 5-8-12 people to a house because they are poor. When one gets it, they all get it. None of the other countries have to deal with this. Even with all of that, if the numbers were being counted properly, the United States would be absolutely exceptional. Case in point, there are over 149,000 deaths every year JUST in the state of Texas. This comes in the form of everything from heart attacks to car accidents, to choking on hot dogs. We have 7,260 total "deaths" in Texas that are marked as COVID deaths as of today. Using logic and the law of averages, it would be pretty conservative to suggest that at least 20% of these deaths are not actually COVID deaths. But... yet again... science fails in the face of politics and once again, Democrats try everything they can to make things look much worse than it really is for the purpose of political gain.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 08-05-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WHY OVER-COUNT?

Under our current system in the United States, we've incentivized the reporting of COVID death cases to dramatically increase funding. It's "really" bad, and as explained by the Director of Health for the State of Illinois,

"...even if you died of a clearly alternate death, but you had COVID at the same time, we report it as a COVID death."

The Director of Health for the State of Illinois ? The Center for Disease Control admit it too.

Medicare Agent News

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield agreed that some hospitals have a monetary incentive to overcount coronavirus deaths as they do deaths for other diseases.

“I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes, too. Really, in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement,” Redfield said during a House panel hearing Friday when asked by Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer about potential “perverse incentives.”

Redfield continued: “So, I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate, and … we review all of those death certificates. So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure.”

Questions have been raised about coronavirus counting in hospitals across the country, and conflicting conclusions have been raised about whether or not deaths are being accurately counted.

The publication added that thousands of COVID deaths have been taken off the books due to error. For example, one Florida man with COVID was listed as a fatality, despite dying from a gunshot wound to the head.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2020 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is a data plot that I created....

Too bad you are incapable of EVALUATING data.

Where there is an increase in testing for a disease there will be an increase in identified cases.

The same as an increase in IQ testing will show an increase in identified MORONS like you.

Your raging mental illness isn't helping either

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-06-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2020 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this woman a doctor who preaches on the side, or is she a preacher who practices medicine part time?

Would preacher of health satisfy you ? Sad Patrick, weak.

By the way, she is back. I just heard an interview of her. On the Michael Berry podcast. She defends her opinions well.

That video, on the steps of the US Supreme Court was actually a 'group thought' presentation. By American Front Line Doctors.

Originally posted by randye:
Notably they haven't attacked any of the other physicians that appeared in the same way, but have focused their ire on her.

Not true. Simone Gold, an emergency and general practice physician registered with the California Medical Board, appearing behind her was fired. For her participation. The event, 45-minute long event, was not just on Dr Stella Immanuel's thoughts.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-06-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2020 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would preacher of health satisfy you ?

No.

By the way, she is back. I just heard an interview of her. On the Michael Berry podcast. She defends her opinions well.

That video, on the steps of the US Supreme Court was actually a 'group thought' presentation. By American Front Line Doctors.

"American Front Line Doctors" ??? Who the heck are they?

According to the organization, Physicians Utilizing Super Secret Yin-Yang (PUSSY for short), American Front Line Doctors are nothing short of two-bit fraudsters looking to supplement their tithing plate.

Sorry, it's rather difficult to take much of this seriously.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-07-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock