Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Previously unknown side effect of Trump-touted Covid-19 drug: Expert gets 'downsized' by rinselberg
Started on: 04-22-2020 06:20 PM
Replies: 258 (4218 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 09-18-2020 09:20 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The doctor in charge of the federal agency overseeing research into a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday he was forced out of the job after questioning the efficacy of an anti-malarial drug favored by the president.

Dr. Rick Bright was “involuntarily transferred” last week from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to a role with fewer responsibilities at the National Institute of health after advocating for more stringent study of hydroxychloroquine, according to a statement from his lawyer, first reported on by The New York Times.
"Head of Coronavirus Vaccine Research Says He Was Demoted for Questioning Drug Favored by Trump"
Blake Montgomery for The Daily Beast; April 22, 2020.
https://www.thedailybeast.c...-trumps-miracle-drug

The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday that he was removed from his post after he pressed for a rigorous vetting of a coronavirus treatment embraced by President Trump. The doctor said that science, not “politics and cronyism,” must lead the way.

Dr. Rick Bright was abruptly dismissed this week as the director of the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, or BARDA, and as the deputy assistant secretary for preparedness and response.

Instead, he was given a narrower job at the National Institutes of Health. “I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” he said in a statement to The New York Times’s Maggie Haberman.

“Sidelining me in the middle of this pandemic and placing politics and cronyism ahead of science puts lives at risk and stunts national efforts to safely and effectively address this urgent public health crisis,” Dr. Bright said.

“I will request that the inspector general of the Department of Health and Human Services investigate the manner in which this administration has politicized the work of BARDA and has pressured me and other conscientious scientists to fund companies with political connections and efforts that lack scientific merit,” he said. “Rushing blindly towards unproven drugs can be disastrous and result in countless more deaths. Science, in service to the health and safety of the American people, must always trump politics.”

Dr. Bright has hired the lawyers Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, who have a whistle-blower practice and are known in part for representing Christine Blasey Ford, who, during the nomination process of Justice Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, accused him of engaging in sexual misconduct decades earlier, a claim he denied.

In a statement, the lawyers called Dr. Bright’s change in position “retaliation plain and simple,” and said that they planned to ask the Office of Special Counsel to seek a stay of his termination from the position and that he eventually be restored to it after investigations.
"Coronavirus Live Updates: Doctor Says He Was Removed After Questioning Drug Promoted by Trump"
update from the New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/202...eShare#link-652aa9c3

Dr Bright's professional credentials include a PhD in Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis from Emory University.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-22-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Specifically, and contrary to misguided directives, I limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine,promoted by the administration"

From LTC Vindman, and a couple of DoS employees to a few "deep cover leftist" government agency staffers, it seems we have seen a handful of these "covert resistors" inside government agencies pop up and get properly squashed from time to time lately.

"Dr. Bright has hired the lawyers Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, who have a whistle-blower practice and are known in part for representing Christine Blasey Ford"

It seems that Dr. Bright isn't.

He should have stuck to his JOB of finding a vaccine and abstained from attempting to countermand the FDA which he is NOT a part of and has NO authority over and trying to out-politic the President of the United States that he serves.

Practice Note: On March 30, 2020 the FDA "approved" the off-label use of hydroxychloroquine and hydroxychloroquine sulfate as well as similar, patent label branded, drugs for treatment of Covid19 patients. It should also be noted that the "off-label" use of any prescription or nonprescription drug or device is up to the judgment of the treating physician and the consenting patient.

That said, you are STILL drooling mentally ill Ronald

GET HELP

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-22-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

https://www.forbes.com/site...-finds/#44517aad30e4

https://townhall.com/tipshe...essing-over-n2567406

"Veterans Affairs’ Robert Wilkie on yesterday’s hydroxychloroquine study: "That’s an observational study. It’s not a clinical study ... We know the drug has been working on middle-age and younger veterans. And the gov of NY was just in the Oval Office yesterday asking for more"

Wilike explained. "It was done on a small number of veterans. Sadly, those who were in the last stages of life, and the drug was given to them."

If the President had spoken about Remdesivir or ANY other pharmaceutical the Leftist media would be screaming about it the same way they're now doing about HCQ

The issue with Dr. Not-So-Bright isn't whether HCQ is or isn't effective, it's about his admitted defiance of the directives of his chain of command including his clashing with his superiors at NIH & HHS and his admitted unilateral decision to try to limit distribution of HCQ.
In addition to that, he was allegedly diverting CARES Act money, recently allocated to NIH, into his "pet project" research that were already receiving substantial CARES Act funds. He did that in defiance of directives that the money be spread to various avenues of research.
That is properly called insubordination.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-23-2020).]

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2020 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
That said, you are STILL drooling mentally ill Ronald

GET HELP

Ummm, how was PERSONALLY INSULTING Rinselberg part of story?
Better yet, how was Maryjane (whom you also kinda "disagreed" with) PERSONALLY overlooked?

Congratulations.
Once again, you're part of the problem.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Once again, you're part of the problem.

But as always, you're not.

Your attack thread was CLOSED by Cliff Pennock so now you're trying to create another one.

You don't have anything substantive to add to the topic of this thread because you simply don't have the "intellectual horsepower" that requires, so go find some old bowling shoes to clean for somebody or another disgusting anti-Semitic "joke" to post.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CliffPennock:
If you have a question for a specific member, you take it to PM.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Odds are, I will look at some of what's been said here, in the Reply messages, but best not until it's well into Thursday all across the nation.

Best for me.

There are those nagging offline agenda items that even an "rinselberg" senses an obligation to address.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2020).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People make all kind of excuses and blame with they get demoted.

Daily Beast isn't a credible news source.

The gtocha reporters asked Trump about this at the daily press briefing, and no one knows this guy. So he is probably just a low level bureaucrat who talks to left-wing website editors, so understanding that he was demoted.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

If they're an employee anywhere in the U.S. government now they just yell TRUMP! and the Leftist media swarms around them.

All anyone had to do was to simply READ that bullcrap story while applying a small of amount of critical thinking and they could easily spot the inconsistency in Dr. Not-So-Bright's tale.

Trump had nothing to do with his demotion and reassignment.

HE did.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006
"Dr. Bright has hired the lawyers Debra Katz and Lisa Banks, who have a whistle-blower practice and are known in part for representing Christine Blasey Ford"

Bright then immediately claimed that Trump groped him at a high school beer party but he couldn't remember where the party was, who was there or when the party happened, however he said that Bret Kavanaugh might have been there and groped him too.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Daily Beast????

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not ready to look at any more of the Reply messages here, beyond the two that I already looked at.

First there was a spam Reply message from that hosed-up forum member account that somehow never gets fixed. Then a Reply from maryjane, I processed that one. And that's where I stopped.

Politico(.com) has some coverage of the Rick Bright controversy--or controversies.

DRAMA NO. 1: THE COMPLICATED OUSTER OF RICK BRIGHT — The vaccine chief, who was abruptly transferred to NIH, hired prominent Washington lawyers and said he was seeking whistleblower status.

— Bright’s contention: He was punished after standing up for science. “I am speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science — not politics or cronyism — has to lead the way,” Bright said in a statement, adding that he “resisted efforts to fund potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections” like chloroquine and believed he was being punished as a result.

— But the story is complex: Bright had praised the department’s acquisition of chloroquine in recent emails, POLITICO first reported, and an HHS official directly linked Bright to the department’s decision.

“As it relates to chloroquine, it was Dr. Bright who requested an Emergency Use Authorization from the Food and Drug Administration for donations of chloroquine that Bayer and Sandoz recently made to the Strategic National Stockpile for use on COVID-19 patients,” spokepserson Caitlin Oakley said.

HHS officials also had sought to oust Bright since last year, pre-dating the Covid-19 outbreak, amid complaints about his management style.

Bright didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment from POLITICO on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"HHS’ no good, very bad 24 hours"
Adam Cancryn and Dan Diamond for Politico(.com); April 23, 2020.
https://www.politico.com/ne...-bad-24-hours-787088

And before that:

Rick Bright, the director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, was transferred to a new, more narrow role at the National Institutes of Health this week, an HHS spokesperson confirmed. The move was more than a year in the making — Bright had clashed with department leaders about his decisions and the scope of his authority — but came abruptly, said five current and former HHS officials.
"Ousted vaccine expert battles with Trump team over his abrupt dismissal"
Dan Diamond for Politico(.com); April 22, 2020.
https://www.politico.com/ne...-threat-grows-201642

Of course, you can just toss a stone in any random direction you like and have it plink onto one of the newly emerged lily pads that are populating the surface of the veritable pond of pandemic-related news stories.

I never thought that Trump was doing himself any favors by his frequent public references to hydroxychloroquine. So far, I have not seen any reason to change my opinion about that, regardless of what happens with this Rick Bright story. And Fox News?

Laura Ingraham called hydroxychloroquine “a game changer.” But after a month of coverage, she stopped discussing the drug on the air.
"Fox News Stars Trumpeted a Malaria Drug--Until They Didn’t"
Michael M. Grynbaum for the New York Times; April 22, 2020.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...roxychloroquine.html

Coming Attractions for this space... "Lawrence O'Donnell's epic broadcast" and "Cuomo interviews Cuomo on Cuomo Prime Time."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I'm not ready to look at any more of the Reply messages here, ...

Of course you're not because the TRUMP!! narrative that your mentally ill skull made you believe was there, WASN'T.

You've been doing this same insane thing over and over and over for the past 3.5 YEARS now Ronald

Any rational, normal, person would have at least started to question his sources of information and his own thinking,......

BUT NOT YOU

YOU NEED SERIOUS PSYCHIATRIC HELP RONALD......PLEASE GO GET SOME

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

When the NFL had contract issues with the union, and all the teams were furloughing employees... I got hit with with reduced pay (something like 30%). I ended up quitting and telling them it was because of the reduced pay, but really it was because I was looking for a different career path... hahah.

But I left on really good terms, and I continued to help them for free after I started my new career. They ended up giving me all the back pay, which they didn't do for the other employees. Hahah... I told my boss that I was leaving because I wanted to start a new career path, but I told HR it was because of the reduced pay (for the benefit of my colleagues so they'd consider lifting the furlough).

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So just a question here; Is ANYTHING trump says above reproach? Basically, all the Fox/Trump conservatives seem to think that anyone who ever disagrees with trump is evil (A Rino-liberal-commie-pinko).........Do you really want only "positive" reinforcement in our leadership?

Do you all think he is a ray of light from heaven? Basically, the "Second coming of Jesus"...?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

So just a question here; Is ANYTHING trump says above reproach?

This thread issue has NOTHING to do with President Trump, and it isn't about "disagreeing" or agreeing with him.

The topic is about a disgruntled government bureaucrat who is trying to blame the administration for his demotion and reassignment that HE caused himself.

Ronald, as he usually does, simply saw TRUMP in the media propaganda headline and, again as he usually does, reflexively spewed that propaganda here.

That propaganda, as it usually is, was almost immediately shown to be manifestly FALSE.

SO, let me ask YOU a question: Should President Trump be immediately reproached for things he provably did not do and had nothing directly to do with, such as the issue that is the topic here?

Basically, all the Fox/Trump conservatives seem to think that anyone who ever disagrees with trump is evil (A Rino-liberal-commie-pinko).........

You say "Fox/Trump" as though you think they are inseparable. I see this same thing done frequently. Do you honestly believe that Americans that approve of the President watch only one television news or opinion channel?

Considering that there have been conservatives in this country LONG before Fox ever existed (Fox TV started on Oct. 9, 1986)

Considering also that Ronald Reagan, one of the biggest conservatives in US history was elected President for his first term in 1980.

What do you imagine conservatives watched before then?

One of the founders of the Republican party, Abraham Lincoln, was a conservative.

What do you imagine that conservatives watched or read before his election in 1860?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-24-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2020 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course you're not because the TRUMP!! narrative that your mentally ill skull made you believe was there, WASN'T.

You've been doing this same insane thing over and over and over for the past 3.5 YEARS now Ronald

Let me ask you something...(unless of course this is one of those magical questions that all-of-a-sudden are only supposed to be asked in "p.m.'s"...)
Why is this supposed poor excuse for a >grab a moron's dictionary< such a part of your desire to...I don't know, help him?
And yet, you seem angry about it.
No really, enlighten us, genius.

YOU NEED SERIOUS PSYCHIATRIC HELP RONALD......PLEASE GO GET SOME

Really.
You can't see it?

You really care?
Dude.

You're fugged-up...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-23-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You're fugged-up...

You really should stick to things that are within your miniscule "intellectual" limits.

You had NOTHING substantive to add to the discussion here because you simply DO NOT have the intellectual capability to do so.

You're just here to stir up crap again, as usual.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Considering that there have been conservatives in this country LONG before Fox ever existed (Fox TV started on Oct. 9, 1986)

Yes, there was conservatives before Fox- and they actually made sense; How would you explain Trump to Eisenhower or Reagan? Both of them obviously put the welfare of the country above both themselves and their party. Both of them talked like adults, and both of them had class.

Trump has stated recently "Noone is telling me how good a job I am doing on this crisis" and also "I will be judged on how many people die from this situation".....Do you see how utterly egocentric those statements are?

What ever happened to the old conservative values that I hold dear; Fiscal responsibility- No Deficit spending, Pro-military but not pro-war, (Teddy; "Speak softly and carry a big stick"), and pro-middle class....The Gigantic tax cut for the ultra rich while screwing the middle class and burying the country in debt completely contradicted those ideals...Of course, numerous fellow conservatives told me that "We will build the economy up to eliminate all of that debt- what could go wrong?"

And the economy is doing just great now, right?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So just a question here; Is ANYTHING trump says above reproach? Basically, all the Fox/Trump conservatives seem to think that anyone who ever disagrees with trump is evil (A Rino-liberal-commie-pinko).........Do you really want only "positive" reinforcement in our leadership?

Do you all think he is a ray of light from heaven? Basically, the "Second coming of Jesus"...?

That, is the part played by the opposition party(or parties).
Has been since the days of federalists vs anti-federalists, both in this nation and in any other part of the world that has an elected govt.

Trump is not nearly the 1st president to be outspoken of his critics.

"It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful.
"Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens, you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!"

You may want to revisit history.
https://www.politico.com/ma...d-trump-anger-215648

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-24-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How would you explain Trump to Eisenhower or Reagan?

Trump has stated recently ?

You seem to be fixated on President Trump, but once again, the issue defined in this thread has NOTHING to do with him.

The media propaganda and Dr. Not-So-Bright's allegations that attempted to implicate him have been proven FALSE.

I indulged in the sidetrack about your "Fox/Trump conservatives" comment but you haven't really answered my question. That's ok.

Do you have an opinion or anything to add to the thread topic?

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by maryjane:

That, is the part olayed by the opposition party(or parties).
Has been since the days of federalists vs anti-federalists, both in this nation and in any other part of the world that has an elected govt.

Exactly.

President Bush was relentlessly pounded buy the opposition and the media as being a " simpleton", "unable to speak properly", that he looed like a Chimpanzee because of his ears...an on and on.

The image that every opposition party tries to paint of a President is generally always pretty far from the truth.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dr. Rick Bright
The doctor in charge of the federal agency overseeing research into a coronavirus vaccine said on Wednesday he was forced out of the job after questioning the efficacy of an anti-malarial drug favored by the president.

Dr. Rick Bright was “involuntarily transferred” last week from the Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to a role with fewer responsibilities at the National Institute of health after advocating for more stringent study of hydroxychloroquine, ...

Dr in charge ? He couldn't give hydroxychloroquine a more stringent study ?

Dr. Rick Bright
The doctor said that science, not “politics and cronyism,” must lead the way.

Here, your President, opened the pandora's box of scientific study. What politics ? What cronyism ?

Dr. Rick Bright
[SIZE=2]“I believe this transfer was in response to my insistence that the government invest the billions of dollars allocated by Congress to address the Covid-19 pandemic into safe and scientifically vetted solutions, and not in drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit,” ...

The drug actually has scientific merit, for another medical issue and was approved by the FDA.

A news story would have mentioned how Trump became aware of the hydroxychloroquine possibility.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
President Eisenhower stated; "The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office"

Trump could not even spell the word Integrity.....He uses this crisis for political "Gain"....he is absolutely lacking in morals or honor.......
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

President Eisenhower stated; "The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office"

Trump could not even spell the word Integrity.....He uses this crisis for political "Gain"....he is absolutely lacking in morals or honor.......

Aren't opinions great?.....(both yours and Eisenhower's)

Perhaps you shouldn't confuse Eisenhower's being a member of the Republican Party with being a conservative.

There is a lot of very good scholarship that says that he wasn't a conservative and that can be fully discussed elsewhere if you like.

Are you here just to "Trump Bash" or do you have anything to add to the thread topic?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you here just to "Trump Bash" or do you have anything to add to the thread topic?

When exactly were you anointed as the gatekeeper here?

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You don't get to complain about being attacked if you poke someone.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

You don't get to complain about being attacked if you poke someone.

Please point it out to me if I missed it, but I see no reference to randye in the following post...

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps you shouldn't confuse Eisenhower's being a member of the Republican Party with being a conservative.

And there you go- new "Conservatives" don't really like Eisenhower, or Reagan, or Roosevelt........Those guys were "liberals"...the new trump "conservatives" are the real deal, and they hate anyone who doesn't agree with the great Trump on absolutely everything.

This is called Positive feedback....it makes any system spin completely out of control...The proper setup that works is called Negative feedback; Too far left or right, the system pushes back so that you stay close to the center.

Remember, Trump is always pissed at ANYONE who questions anything he says or does- the sign of a great.....dictator......(Remember to bow and scrap (On your knees ) to the great Trump!)

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember, Trump is always pissed at ANYONE who questions anything he says or does- the sign of a great.....dictator......(Remember to bow and scrap (On your knees ) to the great Trump!}

So then you are here just to "Trump Bash" and you don't have anything to add to the thread topic......Got it

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

You obviously think that you are.

When exactly were you also appointed to be the dullard that you are?

Neither you or the bowling shoe boy have a single substantive, intelligent, thing to add to the topic of this discussion.

Just like your tag team, loser buddy, neither of you were ever mentioned here but both of you posted here ONLY to stir up crap.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just like your tag team, loser buddy...

Speaking of tag team buddies, it seems you wish to join yours on the sidelines. Anyone with a lick of sense would've toned down their verbal assault on forum members after witnessing Tony Kania being shown the door. However, you seem to have instead doubled-down on your efforts. I wouldn't have believed that anyone's well of bitterness could run so deep.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And there you go- new "Conservatives" don't really like Eisenhower, or Reagan, or Roosevelt........Those guys were "liberals"...the new trump "conservatives" are the real deal, and they hate anyone who doesn't agree with the great Trump on absolutely everything.

This is called Positive feedback....it makes any system spin completely out of control...The proper setup that works is called Negative feedback; Too far left or right, the system pushes back so that you stay close to the center.

Remember, Trump is always pissed at ANYONE who questions anything he says or does- the sign of a great.....dictator......(Remember to bow and scrap (On your knees ) to the great Trump!)

A straw man (or strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

A straw man (or strawman) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

I'm still amused that he cited Democrat, "New Deal", leftist, FDR as a "conservative".

It's a "fashion" now for Leftists to try to pretend to be conservatives and attempt to use that ruse to give some sort of "gravitas" to their TDS.

A good friend, who is a nationally known political commentator and author, told me recently: "When a Leftist is pretending to be a conservative in a debate, just let them talk enough and listen carefully to what they say. They will invariably expose themselves for what they really are. They don't understand the ideology or language of conservatism but will poorly ape it as best they can."

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Speaking of tag team buddies, it seems you wish to join yours on the sidelines.

Now you're trying to threaten me?

Am I supposed to be cowed by your bullshit Pathetic Patty?

Do you have ANYTHING AT ALL to add to the topic of this thread?

You are clearly here ONLY to stir up sh*t.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now you're trying to threaten me?

By how, refusing to be intimidated by your relentless use of large bolded fonts?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still amused that he cited Democrat, "New Deal" FDR as a "conservative".

It's a "fashion" now for Leftists to try to pretend to be conservatives and attempt to use that ruse to give some sort of "gravitas" to their transparent TDS

First off, I am a real conservative...Fiscal responsibility...Something you new "Cons" can't even spell, and pro-military while not pro-war (Roosevelt "Speak softly and carry a big stick")

Second, you are really D*U*M*B....Do you know who TEDDY Roosevelt is? Or do you only know Fox-Russia-Trump conservative history? If a doctor tried to do a lobotomy on you, he would be sucked in by the vacuum! (I guess that is why you are an easy mark for Putin's propaganda- You are all ready to destroy America on his command, "Right"?)

You are not a conservative- you are a damn fool and illiterate to boot!

Here is your main source of info (Propaganda)

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First off, I am a real conservative...Fiscal responsibility...Something you new "Cons" can't even spell, and pro-military while not pro-war (Roosevelt "Speak softly and carry a big stick")

Second, you are really D*U*M*B....Do you know who TEDDY Roosevelt is? Or do you only know Fox-Russia-Trump conservative history? If a doctor tried to do a lobotomy on you, he would be sucked in by the vacuum! (I guess that is why you are an easy mark for Putin's propaganda- You are all ready to destroy America on his command, "Right"?)

You are not a conservative- you are a damn fool and illiterate to boot!

Here is your main source of info (Propaganda)

You know, this all started out fine and I treated you civilly and didn't start calling you names.

Clearly you're fresh out of valid argument so, as usual with a Leftie, it devolves into the same old ad hominem.

By the way, your Teddy reference is still nonsense. Your "speak softly and carry a big stick" guy was pushing for permanent, forceful, US acquisition of the Philippines while at the same time pursuing proto-Wilsonian "progressive" policies domestically and massively expanding the federal government. He was all over the ideological map.

You're STILL confusing Republicans with conservatives and in the case of TR you're probably also confusing his conservation work with conservatism.

Moreover, you still don't have anything to add to the topic of this thread and you're obviously just intent on trying to drag it down into some bizarre rabbit hole of "Trump Bashing", ranting about "Cons" and calling me names.

I've indulged you long enough.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay