Started on: 03-31-2020 07:25 PM
Replies: 11 (269 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-02-2020 10:51 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems the quarantine has everything out of place.

I filled the truck for 60 bucks today. 70 cents a liter. But paid 10 for 12 rolls of butt tickets, that's usually 6or 7. 130-something for a pair of Milwaukee M18 batteries and 7 each for whole chicken. Pop and chips are still where they should be. 40 for a gallon of insecticide, last year's was 1/2 that.

NONE of the prices are where they should be. It seems the expensive stuff has gotten cheap and the cheap stuff gotten pricey.

At least the stores were well stocked.

Anybody else noticed?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't say that I have actually seen any difference in prices yet. Still paying 2.29/gallon (w/o shoppers card). really only thing that has changed in my area is the take out lines at fast food places are now the same as sit down restaurants.

dan
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Except for fuel price deceases, I haven't seen anything out of sorts. Food prices still about the same, cattle feed same as it was back in the fall, herbicide still about $80/gal, speeding ticket's still $100....
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1.49 a gallon for gas.
$3.79 for New York Strip ( whole loin)
$2.49 for ground chuck (50¢ off cause I bought more than 5 pounds)

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prices seem to be steady around here, but the shelves are pretty bare. Seems to be no further stock of bleach or paper products. I filled up the car before the crisis, so not able to take advantage of any fuel price drops.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

$1.49 a gallon for gas.
$3.79 for New York Strip ( whole loin)
$2.49 for ground chuck (50¢ off cause I bought more than 5 pounds)

Those are pretty good (consumer friendly) prices except for the gas.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live about 25 miles from three small cities, east, northwest and south.
Fuel prices vary 20-30¢ a gallon between them.
South sometimes has very low prices, have to go that way tomorrow, I'll see what it is and update.

Been buying my meat at this meat market for last twenty years, great inventory, quality and prices.
Their tri-tip roasts are wonderful.
Usually buy in quantity and restock the deep freezer....$163.39 today, a bit more than normal, but the home inventory was nearing depletion.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1.19/gal...87 octane

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-02-2020).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1.35 for regular (up to 10% ethanol) unleaded today.

Nelson
Zeb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saturday I passed a gas station that said $1.99/gallon. Thought I must have read it wrong. Nope. Others were $2.19 or so. Big drop for this area.

Bought chicken, it seemed to have gone up quite a bit, and we used to get Buy-One-Get-One-Free deals. Those are gone. Stores are stocked with most things EXCEPT toilet paper and disinfectants/wipes. Haven't seen that in two weeks.

Luckily, my wife hoards everything, up to and including face masks. We'll probably go to the stores for canned cat food (for the cats, don't panic) next day or two.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
enjoy the low gas prices while you can.
oil futures surged today on speculation a 3-way talk (Trump/Russia/Saudi ) is going to result in both Saudi and Russia cutting production.
US shale producers may (or not) cut back production to match those 2 production cuts
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I filled all my gas cans today, set for the summer for yard work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock