Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lets try to laugh at how life is going.... by cvxjet
Started on: 03-29-2020 02:44 PM
Replies: 462 (7992 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-22-2020 04:20 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

This is all in the name of comedy, right?
I mean, no one's sensibilities are going to be hurt, right?
You know, "them snowflakes"...

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Censorship can suck it!

The more I read your posts, the more I realize we live in different worlds.
As I've said many times previously, I don't care what folks do behind closed doors (as long as kids are not involved or hurt) I don't need or want to hear or read about it.
Censorship can and frequently does suck but, when one freely puts out information, then that information tells much about the individual putting it out.
It's your life, do with it as you wish but, think about what you could have done or been.

Rams
IP: Logged
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
The more I read your posts, the more I realize we live in different worlds.
As I've said many times previously, I don't care what folks do behind closed doors (as long as kids are not involved or hurt) I don't need or want to hear or read about it.

Then don't.

Censorship can and frequently does suck but, when one freely puts out information, then that information tells much about the individual putting it out.
Rams

Wait, do you think I wrote the caption?
Or took the picture?
Or started the thread?

Get real.
You're talking about feelings...

It's your life, do with it as you wish but, think about what you could have done or been.

...and attempted insults.
Like that same "observation" doesn't apply to every thinking human being on earth.

Go fugg' yerself.
It's comedy in a comedy thread.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I've had three acquaintances so far kill themselves during this whole lock-down. One of them died of significant alcohol poisoning, so it's not technically a suicide.

How this is comedy, in a comedy thread is beyond me...oh,. wait.

Is this a commentary on my attempt at humor?
The "Not Really Hanging" hanging picture?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It started as Comedy. Most of the posts have bee0n. If you don't get a giggle the social media is not for it wouldn't be a problem. Archie bunker, all Bundy, red skeleton and Rhett Aiken are probably out of the comfort zone too

https://youtu.be/kY6dOeXDPtU

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 06-13-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

It started as Comedy. Most of the posts have bee0n. If you don't get a giggle the social media is not for it wouldn't be a problem. Archie bunker, all Bundy, red skeleton and Rhett Aiken are probably out of the comfort zone too

But your talking about snowflakes, correct?
Just asking...

Post Script: I HATE the term "snow-flake".
It's just so intellectually cheap.

But it's usage is the perfect example of pretending that as humanbeings, our feelings aren't a part of every-single-thing-we-do, even in our decision-making process.
We pretend that's not true, but it is.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-13-2020 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boon, I read an article today about an attack in Sweden in the year 400. The invaders just walked in, cut the enemy down, and walked away. Left the bodies where they fell to be found 1400 years later.

Clean out the place and walk on. Treat the enemy like the enemy. Know what they did? Built a castle on top of a graveyard.

I don't see why "some" (nothing mentioned to be politically correct )should be treated any different. Welcome to humans. We are a violent species easily pissed off.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-14-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Welcome to humans. We are a violent species easily pissed off.

Yup.
We can also be...wonderful.
Wanna' know what holds us back?
Us.

But I have the solution.
Extend ourselves.

Shake a hand we might not otherwise shake.
What's the worst that could happen?

We bring home some insidious disease that turns our wives & children into mindless zombies who spend, spend, spend, spreading it throughout the city, state, and country until every swingin' dick on the planet is a complete & utter moron?

I'm just askin'.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-14-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...and attempted insults.
Like that same "observation" doesn't apply to every thinking human being on earth.

Go fugg' yerself.
It's comedy in a comedy thread.

As I've said before, we have very different ideas of humor.

Attempted insult? I don't think so. The facts speak for themselves. The same is true for all of us. The paths we took could have been much different. Myself included. Could I have been more? No doubt but, I took the path I thought was best to lead me to my greatest potential in what I wanted to achieve. In most cases, I was successful but did fail in others. Is where you are at where you intended to end up? If so, congratulations. I suspect you were capable of much more though.

To quote a famous slogan, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste." The same is true of potential.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 06-14-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2020 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How this is comedy, in a comedy thread is beyond me...oh,. wait.

Is this a commentary on my attempt at humor?
The "Not Really Hanging" hanging picture?

You're a loser Boondawg, but I wish you the best, I really do. I really do hope one day you stop smoking pot (which is destroying any ambition you actually had in life), and get your **** together, and maybe do something constructive. I really do hope you find that one thing that brings you joy that allows you to make a positive impact on society.

But right now, you can go **** yourself. There was a point in time where I actually did think maybe Randy was just being an ******* , but now I realize, he just had a shorter tolerance for **** -brains than I did.

EDIT: I had to re-read to understand what stupid **** you were talking about. It had nothing to do with your hanging around picture, that was actually mildly amusing. The one before it though shows your level of class. But my post had nothing to do with you. I was merely upset at the three individuals who had killed themselves all in the span of 3 weeks... two of them almost back to back, and I wanted to get it off my chest by talking about it.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 06-14-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32849 posts
Member since Jan 2001
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I give the image meme (courtesy of Boondawg) a Thumbs Up for Dark Comedy, but I wouldn't want to see the forum OD'ing with this "genre."

I am thinking of this as a "gangsta rap" kind of image. Bringing up Rorschach-like connections with "Suge Knight" and "Death Row Records." Because, as it happens, I just went in for a 90-minute film documentary the other day, "American Dream, American Knightmare." Because I remembered from back in the day when they were joking kind of frequently with elliptical references to Suge Knight on the "Imus in the Morning" radio and TV show. As if the name by itself were one of those jokes that need no further elaboration.

Now I understand. But at the time, I had no clear idea about it. I didn't have a handle on the size and scope of it. I could only imagine, kind of vaguely, by the way they were tossing around that name.

All this is very subjective, I would think, and in my case, conspicuously influenced by the circumstance of just having seen that documentary.

"Many connections. One you."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-16-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I give the image meme (courtesy of Boondawg) a Thumbs Up for Dark Comedy, but I wouldn't want to see the forum OD'ing with this "genre."

I am thinking of this as a "gangsta rap" kind of image. Bringing up Rorschach-like connections with "Suge Knight" and "Death Row Records." Because, as it happens, I just went in for a 90-minute film documentary the other day, "American Dream, American Knightmare." Because I remembered from back in the day when they were joking kind of frequently with elliptical references to Suge Knight on the "Imus in the Morning" radio and TV show. As if the name by itself were one of those jokes that need no further elaboration.

Now I understand. But at the time, I had no clear idea about it. I didn't have a handle on the size and scope of it. I could only imagine, kind of vaguely, by the way they were tossing around that name.

All this is very subjective, I would think, and in my case, conspicuously influenced by the circumstance of just having seen that documentary.

"Many connections. One you."

Humor? You have never been around a battered woman before have you. Its not funny, it wasn't funny when he posted it and its not funny now.
You are nothing more than a troll, when his image didn't stir up enough you had to post it again?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Humor? You have never been around a battered woman before have you. Its not funny, it wasn't funny when he posted it and its not funny now.

You are nothing more than a troll, when his image didn't stir up enough you had to post it again?

It's not literally an image of a battered woman.

I record for history that I wasn't repelled by it, and that I wasn't sorry that I encountered it.

It could lose its "freshness" with repeated viewings, and musings.

I hope to Move On.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-16-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I hope to Move On.

Not nearly as much as others here hope that you will.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't have any particular following here. You don't represent "the forum" in any tangible way. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth when you use the "royal we" or one of its variations in your lunatic messaging. Because it's so transparently delusional.

For most here, you're simply "not their problem."
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2020 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Lol, I just got it.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow.
Really?

Come on, fuggin' THINK for one second.
Where exactly do those (God Given?) freedoms draw that line?
I mean, really.

It's YOU.
YOU draw that line!

Unfortunately, my line sez...well, you get it.
Freedom.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-17-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow.
Really?

I mean, really.

It's YOU.
YOU draw that line!

Freedom.

Poor taste is poor taste. Look in the mirror and tell yourself. Self I am not funny.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Poor taste is poor taste. Look in the mirror and tell yourself. Self I am not funny.

That joke is older than me. C'mon man.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow.
Really?

I mean, really.

It's YOU.
YOU draw that line!

Freedom.

I've had a glass of wine since getting off work, otherwise my response would be much like Randys at this point.

Let me clue you in...

You're being an ******* . No one here likes your attitude right now.

Whatever your problem is, you need to figure it out, because you're not making it better, you're making it worse.

You've gotten worse, and worse and worse. You were *awesome* when you lived in Alaska. I very much enjoyed the Boondawg in Alaska. You were not only interesting, but you had really great posts, and you were a positive person. We all appreciated your stories, and living somewhat vicariously through you in the great expanse that is Alaska.

Today, you are a ****ing ******* , and I can't stand you.

You're managing to piss off people like Jake Dragon, a guy who's probably the most laid back person I think I've ever met online, in my entire life. A guy who literally wants nothing more than to make everyone feel better by posting pictures of lady parts.

Everything you do on Pennock's is to try to get a reaction from some conspiratorial force that you think exists. Please, either figure out your problems, or get the hell off Pennocks.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb, dumb, dumb, honey what have you done?
Dumb, dumb, dumb it's the sound of my gun
Dumb, dumb, dumb, honey what have you done?
Dumb, dumb, dumb it's the sound
Elmer doesn't have a gun
Elmer doesn't have a gun
His whole world's come undone
From lookin' straight at the sun
What did his daddy do?
What did he put you through?
They said when Elmer was arrested they found him underneath a train
But man, he had it comin'
Now that Elmer doesn't have a gun he ain't never gonna be the same
Elmer doesn't have a gun
Elmer doesn't have a gun
his dog day's just begun
Now everybody is on the run
Tell me now it's untrue
What did his daddy do?
He jacked a little bitty baby
The man has got to be insane
They say the spell that he was under the lightning and
The thunder knew that someone had to stop the rain
Run…
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2020 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2020 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2020 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
George Carlin, one of the most insightful people I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Too bad he's not still around for the circus in 2020.

Definitely not safe for work. Very coarse language. And if you're overweight, brace yourself.

The most relevant part, in regards to the upcoming election, starts at 7:23... but no point cheating yourself of the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-01-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2020 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2020 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all just so cheap...

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all just so cheap...

That's content, ? What does that even mean ?

Black Supremacy ?

Full time unemployment with housing, food, utilities, preferential hiring if you want to work, and an Obama Phone.

Literacy ? Are you implying Blacks are genetically inferior ? Are Blacks excluded from school ?

Higher education ? Going along with my last observation, are blacks excluded from technical or professional schools ?

Are you keeping African Americans from going to Church ? Maybe one day you will claim your White Privilege.

Auto insurance ? Having a driver's license is racist.

Good credit rating ? Yeah, it's whitey's fault for ruining their credit, .

Criminal record ? Martin Luther King JR said blacks are 13% of the population and commit 40+% of the crime.

Black lives don't matter in the Bible either.

[/QUOTE]

You are the one, in this very post using divide to conquer.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You are the one, in this very post using divide to conquer.

They're memes, moron.
Just like all the ones above it.
Your fighting with memes.

Just exactly how dumb are you?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-04-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you are a douche bag liar.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This never happened, it's completely fake.

From a website that you personally trust: https://www.snopes.com/fact...-trump-people-quote/
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From a website that you personally trust:

You have no idea what I do or do not personally trust.
That's kind of the whole point of "personal"...moron.

As usual, the things you think you know are distorted by the things you want to be true.
In the simplest terms, once again you're talkin' out yer azz.
You should try harder.

This never happened, it's completely fake.

ATTENTION MORONS!:

THESE ARE MEMES!
NOT "NEWS"!

YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-04-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page