Started on: 03-29-2020 01:01 PM
Replies: 16 (407 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 04-09-2020 12:50 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first, I thought it was my fault but, pretty sure it's not. Though, I have been in error (maybe) once before.

Would appear to me that some of the advertising on Pennock's violates the forum's rules. Not that I really care, I'm not easily offended. Just thought it was interesting.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

At first, I thought it was my fault but, pretty sure it's not. Though, I have been in error (maybe) once before.

Would appear to me that some of the advertising on Pennock's violates the forum's rules. Not that I really care, I'm not easily offended. Just thought it was interesting.

Rams

What have you been googling? Google search is as restrictive as their ads. As long as it brings in money they don't care.
Right now most of my ads are for video games. Go figure...
I don't share a computer with Lisa so I don't see ads for things she searches for, perhaps your SO is searching for something to surprise you.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

What have you been googling? Google search is as restrictive as their ads. As long as it brings in money they don't care.
Right now most of my ads are for video games. Go figure...
I don't share a computer with Lisa so I don't see ads for things she searches for, perhaps your SO is searching for something to surprise you.

I guess that makes sense, I did look for some Tee Shirts for my motorcycle event, not like the ones I saw advertised on this site but, I guess I'll plead guilty as charged.

Rams
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ironically, some of the Google ads seem to skirt the "decency guidelines" that Google imposes on PFF, in order to be eligible for ads in the first place. IMO that's hypocritical.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This one looks like a felony waiting to happen

Welp, picture uploader not working for me

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 04-01-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm...
test postimage..

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ You used a different image host service.

I was trying (unsuccessfully) to use the built into the reply screen image hosting option

Anyways, the ad was for something that looked very much like a silencer/ suppressor for a firearm, but being advertised as an automotive filter.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first glance, it looked like the helicopter was delivering Fieros.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

^ You used a different image host service.

I was trying (unsuccessfully) to use the built into the reply screen image hosting option

Anyways, the ad was for something that looked very much like a silencer/ suppressor for a firearm, but being advertised as an automotive filter.

Yes. I stated that, & that I was testing it. It's called postimage.

hmmm...
test postimage..

I often use it here and other places.
https://postimages.org/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-02-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero: Anyways, the ad was for something that looked very much like a silencer/ suppressor for a firearm, but being advertised as an automotive filter.

Those ads are also appearing in YouTube videos. Freaking hilarious!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:
Yes, That ad was for a "can" that maker fooled google to run that.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To me, this one is trying to trick more then just Google....
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything running google ads get same ads as YT and every service Google has so shouldn't surprise any that sees it here.
PFF et al has no choice and no control of adsense and other ad farms.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

That pic reminds me of a parking lot and road/intersection I hovered a UH-1 over once in Oklahoma while our crew chief pulled folks on board. The difference is, the parking lot and road was flooded and we were picking folks up off the tops of their covered vehicles. Pulled folks off of the cabs of pick ups and vans. A Fiero would not have stood out with water as deep as it was. Sorry, just reminiscing about the good ole days.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did that for a month in 1970 when a typhoon flooded 1/2 of Vietnam and the war basically came to a screeching halt. People and everything they owned, which wasn't much. Really got tired of pulling in and stacking crates of chickens and squealing piglets. It wasn't without risks tho.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An ad at the bottom of one topic I visited today.

Diablo 12 Gauge Pistols, Nickel and Blued Finish Collectors Set with Rosewood Finish Grips

I have five very old 45 derringers. I was wondering if they would fire a 410 shotgun shell. Of course many variables but I promised my Dad I would not try to even shoot them, till after he died (his request).

Dayum ! A 12 guage derringer would pack a punch.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

An ad at the bottom of one topic I visited today.

Diablo 12 Gauge Pistols, Nickel and Blued Finish Collectors Set with Rosewood Finish Grips

I have five very old 45 derringers. I was wondering if they would fire a 410 shotgun shell. Of course many variables but I promised my Dad I would not try to even shoot them, till after he died (his request).

Dayum ! A 12 guage derringer would pack a punch.

Put 2 slugs in it and hold on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock