Started on: 03-19-2020 11:03 AM
Replies: 7 (241 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 03-19-2020 06:21 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.washingtonexami...irus-to-world-war-ii

"This is serious. And we must take it seriously," Merkel said, according to the Telegraph. "There has been no such challenge to our country since German reunification — no, not since the Second World War II — that relies so heavily on us all working together in solidarity."

I hate to be the one that has to remind her, but Germany and the German people were the biggest threat to Germany since WW2. Remember the last time Germany worked together in 'solidarity'?You know..back when Germany declared war on the whole world...
Friggin butchers!

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-19-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In potentially related news, Poland is stealing, err, commandeering, trucks from citizens

https://jalopnik.com/the-po...ommandeer-1842411497

'Oh no, we know where this is going, we're not falling for THAT one again."
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect she was talking about the reorganization and reconstruction of Germany after the fall of the Reich. Her previous thought was of the reunification of East and West, after all....
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

In potentially related news, Poland is stealing, err, commandeering, trucks from citizens

Complete with a full tank of gas.

Ohhhh...kkkkk....

Ya know, a funny thing happened to my truck on the way to the barracks. I had a boating accident and it sunk.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Complete with a full tank of gas.

Ohhhh...kkkkk....

Ya know, a funny thing happened to my truck on the way to the barracks. I had a boating accident and it sunk.

Probably sitting right next to those guns you couldn't find.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

https://www.washingtonexami...irus-to-world-war-ii

I hate to be the one that has to remind her, but Germany and the German people were the biggest threat to Germany since WW2. Remember the last time Germany worked together in 'solidarity'?You know..back when Germany declared war on the whole world...
Friggin butchers!

Angela Merkel is a child of EAST Germany and was a communist party apparatchik at one time.

Her perspective is a lot different than West Germans as "her side" of Germany was essentially just a Soviet puppet and could hardly have been functionally described as an independent nation.

" Merkel said, according to the Telegraph. "There has been no such challenge to our country since German reunification — no, not since the Second World War II — that relies so heavily on us all working together in solidarity."

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I suspect she was talking about the reorganization and reconstruction of Germany after the fall of the Reich. Her previous thought was of the reunification of East and West, after all....

BINGO!

Beyond that, I don't put much stock in any politician's hyperbole right now.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-19-2020).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I'm not taking Jalopnik as a reliable resource for anything regarding this present situation.

They are also "reporting" (irresponsible rumor spreading is more accurate) that U.S. Auto Makers will be producing medical ventilators.

https://jalopnik.com/automa...oronaviru-1842409240

...but then the author also quotes ELON MUSK so a gigantic amount of bullshit and hype is to be expected.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-19-2020).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

I'm not taking Jalopnik as a reliable resource for anything regarding this present situation.

They are also "reporting" (irresponsible rumor spreading is more accurate) that U.S. Auto Makers will be producing medical ventilators.

https://jalopnik.com/automa...oronaviru-1842409240

...but then the author also quotes ELON MUSK so a gigantic amount of bullshit and hype is to be expected.

Jalopnik's writers are all a bunch of glorified bloggers, with the exception of David Tracy. Half of them are writing for a car website while living in New York City and taking the subway. They crap on Elon and Tesla every chance they get. The only reason I watch the site at all is they have a lot of good sources and get news out before most people in the affected companies even hear about whatever is going on. But they are SUPER far left wing nutjobs.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock