Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  What yall gonna spend your $1000 free govt mailbox money on? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What yall gonna spend your $1000 free govt mailbox money on? by maryjane
Started on: 03-18-2020 09:36 PM
Replies: 89 (1537 views)
Last post by: FriendGregory on 03-28-2020 01:48 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

UBI ?

Universal Basic Income aka wealth redistribution

No, that's not Jerry Garcia.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-26-2020).]

IP: Logged
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I probably should have clarified. I don't think there was any conspiracy to cause a pandemic. IMO that was a mixture of hubris and bad luck. But the response to the pandemic makes me feel like there's an agenda being pushed. A quick google search shows that some leftists are in fact using this as an opportunity to push for UBI (universal basic income, i.e. a welfare state).
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Some and I think most of the Speaker Pelosi has in the House bill:
Under the heading of “Union Giveaways”.

I won't suggest that I'm in full agreement with the Republican Senate Bill but, the crap above is total I'm becoming more of a DINO every day.

Rams

Gee, that would be more embarrassing than really being a democrat. 'Ya know Ron, I started out life thinking the democratic party was better but they promise everybody everything and don't deliver. Their modus operandi has long disgusted me, to the point I don't think I can ever vote them into power. I can still support some of their claimed ideals but it is hard to associate with the devil. Kind of like being a little bit pregnant.

Talk about deplorable and irredeemable,

The Senate passed a bill (the Dumbs got something) and now Nancy is using the House to get more.

Originally posted by blackrams:
... be prepared to repay Uncle Sugar.

I do think we will pay taxes on it.

I agree blackrams. If you are not a registered US company, no US tax dollars.

Originally posted by williegoat:
Now I may be way off base, but I was under the impression that vast majority of cruise line employees are not American citizens.

I also have never been on a cruise, nor had a desire to do so. I do know friends and family that have and will ask them.
One thing a cruise does is suck US dollars out of the country and they go to places like the Bahamas et al'.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-26-2020).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made too much money last year to qualify.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also have never been on a cruise, nor had a desire to do so.

I have and it wasn't on a cruise ship. It is a whole lot less fun cruising around in an underwater sewer pipe.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gee, that would be more embarrassing than really being a democrat. 'Ya know Ron, I started out life thinking the democratic party was better but they promise everybody everything and don't deliver. Their modus operandi has long disgusted me, to the point I don't think I can ever vote them into power. I can still support some of their claimed ideals but it is hard to associate with the devil. Kind of like being a little bit pregnant.

Talk about deplorable and irredeemable,

Cliff,
My goal is to turn the tide to Conservatism. It's one hell of a challenge, I know. Changing the party from within. Embarrassing? Cliff if you knew how many times I've embarrassed myself and others, you'd never question this.

Rams

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cruise industry provides a lot of on shore jobs as well as the crew members. Port cities have large numbers of companies that support the business through supplies for the ships, etc.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:
I have and it wasn't on a cruise ship. It is a whole lot less fun cruising around in an underwater sewer pipe.

Ah yes, you are a submariner. I would think the first time was exiting. I would hate to be a career cruise ship hand. I do see your point. I just spent three weeks piloting a hospital bed.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The cruise industry provides a lot of on shore jobs as well as the crew members. Port cities have large numbers of companies that support the business through supplies for the ships, etc.

Then we simply make it a rule that any cruise line that takes gov money must be registered as a US Flag Carrier. And if you want to make sure they don't forget then give the gov an equity stake for our money.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:I understand that. But I think taking money from my pocket, running it through the Government washing machine, and sending some of it back to me isn't really all that productive. I understand if someone needs the money, I'm all for helping the ones that need it.

I understand what is happening here. If you make less than me, you are poor and need my tax dollars. Envy by legislation. Actually, this part I have less of a problem with than the many other pieces in the same legislation.
I will get my share second hand as most of my renters were told to stay home and are not getting paid.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock