Started on: 03-18-2020 12:11 PM
Replies: 151 (2282 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-17-2020 04:50 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*waves*

Just wanted to know how you are all doing - I've been mostly working remotely (I work for a company which provides services and supplies for Hospitals in NY, NJ, CT). Feels a bit like "six months after 9/11/01", constantly busy, but it lacks the severe horribleness. This is waaay more subtle (so far).

Hope for the best for everybody.

-Fierorum-oops heh TDA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My life really hasn't changed much at all ........yet, except instead of going to town every 3 or 4 days, we mostly just stay home and do farm stuff.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My life hasn't changed much. Way less outside trips. My job as a sales rep is on hold for the most part.

The troubling thing for me is not being able to go to church. So my congregation and others affiliated with it are coming up with strategies to hold services online.

Although it is hard to stay completely isolated. I got out yesterday visited my son, while keeping our distance. Went to a few stores where we all kept away from each other. I had thought before I could live on a deserted island by myself. Now I know to do so would be extremely hard for me. And so far my wife and I are not at each other's throats. So all is pretty good.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started working from home last week, I was already working half days from home so its not a big change.
We are eating and have TP so we are good.
More worried about loved ones.

So life is a little different but its not bad.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm about the same. The remote assistant stuff hasn't changed at all. The woodshop is dead slow so I am taking a couple weeks to rearrange and rebuild some work stations into a more compact format to clear up some room so I can make bigger stuff when the dust settles. If it settles.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than my son having no school nothing has changed. Just waiting on Coumo to put the shelter in place order out there, than maybe it will change.

dan
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer. I just looked and I was going to the DNR Gun Range on Thursday. Or at least planning on it. I just went to their site and it is closed indefinitely by the Governor. I just went there on Monday and everything was hunky dory. Not many there and spread out so that there wasn't much chance of getting the virus even if someone had it. Now what am I going to do for a little bit of entertainment?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am retired, my income is from a pension and SS, so I don't expect any disruption there. Although my IRA has lost enough to buy a nice car, I don't need it. It is more of an emergency cushion, a security blanket. It will come back unless we lose the country to the forces of evil.

Although I am not a "prepper" or a hoarder, I am usually well stocked simply because I hate to make frequent, unplanned trips to the store. I always have plenty of rice, beans and frozen burritos and vegetables. I have about a dozen rolls of TP including a couple of rolls that I always have in my pickup. I learned decades ago to keep my pickup stocked with tools, extra clothes, a jacket and a few other essentials, because you never know where the day will take you.

I have never been one for big crowds, with the exception for the occasional music festival. I don't attend as many races or car shows as I used to, I guess I have already seen enough Camaros and Mustangs to last a lifetime.

But, If I don't find TP in the store in another week, you will be reading about me on the news.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working from home since last week, when all non-essential employees were directed to do so. Today I am stuck at home with one kiddo; yesterday unexpectedly I had three kiddos. With all of that going in the "work" from home can be difficult but has been managable. Lucky our daycare re-opened after getting a waiver from the state; apparently closing a daycare connected with a medical center is not a good thing because nurses, pharmacists, and doctors then need to stay home and watch kids.

Since last Friday I haven't left me street expcet for helping my sister with a broken pipe for 45 min. So I am trying to isolate as smart as possible.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

But, If I don't find TP in the store in another week, you will be reading about me on the news.

If you were closer I would offer you a 12 pack of cheap stuff we got the other day. My wife found some of the TP we use all the time and bought a pack yesterday. So the other one is up for grabs, for free. We can last a few weeks on a 12 pack.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried convincing my employer I needed to work from home.

It was a no go on moving my machine to my home garage.

-CNC Machinist
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

It was a no go on moving my machine to my home garage.

-CNC Machinist

Will it fit in the trunk of a Fiero?
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would have an easier time fitting a Fiero in it
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Construction remains busy, with lots of jobs poised to start as Spring brings warmer weather. We called one guy back from winter layoff yesterday.... I work in an office and fortunately only have to deal with very few people (same ones every day) but I think being outside might even be preferable for maximum "distancing" and lots of fresher air.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My life has changed drastically, but not completely because of the virus.
We were in the process of moving, from the 'burbs to the country, when all of this "hit".

So... on top of all the COVID19 madness, we are doing "change of address" stuff. Moving furniture and stuff (95% of the upstairs is moved. None of the basement/shop has been touched.)

I am telecommuting "until further notice". That's fine, except that we are getting used to "life without cable internet". That's also fine, except that the best we have available is (what appears to be) 5G wireless internet. Our speeds are "about" 10 MB down and 10 MB up. Not bad, as long as it stays stable. So far, so good. If the connection stays as stable as it has been, I could do this indefinitely.

So... I'm off / on vacay until the 30th. Going to move the rest of the house (including at least one trailer full of electronics / Fiero parts) and try to find a place to store everything. (Shop/garage is not built yet. Ground isn't even broken. Been raining 4-5 days out of every seven.)

With all of that going on, Tammy has been gathering up groceries for the perceived long haul. (She's way more resourceful than I am. God love 'er.)

Other than that, we're just trying to stay healthy, and to not get breathed upon.

Oh yeah... Almost forgot. My birthday is in April. So in addition to having to renew my driver's license this year with the "enhanced security", I also have to change the registration on all of my cars.

Edit - Do we know how to party? Or what?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-18-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work schedules are complicated... most things haven't changed. Really frustrated for everyone else though. People seem to be losing it mentally, which is absurd. The economic effects of all of this are really unfortunate. I question whether the solution is worse than the problem.

In the past two weeks, my dad has lost over a million dollars in his retirement accounts, and I've lost closer to about 60-70 grand. I'm not thrilled. I haven't sold anything... on the contrary, I continue to buy as the market drops, but the market keeps dropping.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my kids called and wanted to know if she and her 3 rugrats could come stay with us for awhile.
Told her
Hell NO! You chose to live in a city where everything is easy and fun. Ya ain't coming here now, emptying my freezer, eating up all my food and using up all my damn toilet paper.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-18-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69626 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Barn find...

Don, sorry to possibly ruin your new enterprise, but... Click.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol, that looks like it's from a bathroom in an un-renovated / forgotten building in the far corners of an old military base.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2020 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Just wanted to know how you are all doing...

Well, let's have a look...

Yup, pretty much rockin' it!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pffbot is doing it's job.......

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Well, let's have a look...

Dammit Boonie, that thing's uglier than a Martian!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2020 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." ~ LTC Kilgore

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-18-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2020 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Quarantine reading:

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I would be called an "essential" employee.

I'm out in the thick of everything and traveling all over the place in multiple states. Trying to make the world a cleaner, safer and healthier place. Working 12-16 hour days.

So I'm seeing almost the front lines of everything, and I haven't seen case one of Covid-19 yet.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I guess I would be called an "essential" employee.

I'm out in the thick of everything and traveling all over the place in multiple states. Trying to make the world a cleaner, safer and healthier place. Working 12-16 hour days.

So I'm seeing almost the front lines of everything, and I haven't seen case one of Covid-19 yet.

You may not have seen it (yet) but I'm pretty sure it's seen you......
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69626 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Spring break in Floriduh was still in full swing until news reels starting showing the videos of packed beaches and officials decided leaving beaches open wasn't exactly the smartest move in the world....

That beach is closed today.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-19-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spring break in Floriduh was still in full swing until news reels starting showing the videos of packed beaches and officials decided leaving beaches open wasn't exactly the smartest move in the world....

That beach is closed today.

That's about 20 minutes south of me.

We usually don't get so much of the college spring break crowd but I think word was out that Daytona Beach was already closing down and the kids came here.

I had to go down that way a couple of days ago and I noticed that the traffic was pretty crazy.

Local news was showing interviews with the kids on Clearwater Beach and almost without exception they didn't give a damn about the virus or spreading it to anyone else if they did get it. They want what they want, when they want it and everything else be damned. ....children

We are doing just fine though.

We have 32 rolls of TP and 48 rolls of PT on hand and that's fairly normal around here. My wife stocks up every month and has for years.

Daughter-in law's parents have chickens and bee hives so we have more fresh eggs and raw honey than we know what to do with.

Like Willie and a few others, I'm retired and have a pension-annuity and the wife and I both have SS coming in. My IRA is all cash on deposit and no stocks or bonds so it's safe as an emergency cushion for now.

My son went fishing out in the Gulf this past weekend and he gave us some amazing black grouper and snapper so we even have "fresh fish".... frozen.

Life is good.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-19-2020).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You may not have seen it (yet) but I'm pretty sure it's seen you......

I'm sure it has, among other things.

But I also notice that I'm not alone. There is still a lot of cargo trucks, freight haulers, fuel trucks, cattle trucks and a large amount of RV's and campers a.k.a. snow birds, all out there on the road too.

Trains and trucks are running on time. So that is a huge plus in our time of need. Just like healthcare workers, some of us have to be out there to keep America going.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Lol, that looks like it's from a bathroom in an un-renovated / forgotten building in the far corners of an old military base.

I stepped back and got a pic of the whole room for you all:

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been doin ok. Had a little trouble with the infected coming into my yard, but the fences seem to be holding up.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much change here.
Living alone, I don`t require much.
Paper goods are a little hard to find but I have TP and for paper towels a big box of paper shop rags.
At work we are business as usual except we have closed to the public.
Most of ours is building supply delivery anyway and we are busy in that respect.
It will probably hit us in 2-3 months when housing slows down because Austin has stopped building permits as of now
and it takes about 2-3 months to get them so we are still working on ones from a couple of months ago.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coronavirus Pandemic, day 16.
If anyone is still out there, I’m alive but struggling. Food is running low. Down to only 459 days worth. My hands are super sanitized and my butt is super clean. Down to 1599 rounds of ammo (dropped 1 round down the heat vent while doing daily inventory). Power still on, but for how long? Missing human interaction but I have my dogs.. for now.. (I'm soaking their food in BBQ sauce in an attempt to marinate them from the inside in case I have to eat them) . I fear dark days ahead. News is all bad. Neighbors have attempted to leap from windows to their death, (or near death... most have single story homes so they are badly bruised). Blew through most Netflix series so may have to rewatch some again..Basic Survival is a definite challenge. I vow to persevere to the end, I am a survivor! Please, if there is life out there, communicate with me to help preserve my sanity..
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lockdown is a bit unreal. Kids are at home and I'm home-schooling them now. I only go out for groceries. I live less than half a mile from the beach but the weather hasn't been all that great so no walks on the beach yet. We just heard the Formula 1 GP of Zandvoort has been postponed/canceled. That's a shame too since I also live half a mile from Zandvoort Circuit and I was really looking forward to that because someone had given me tickets for friday practice!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

The lockdown is a bit unreal. Kids are at home and I'm home-schooling them now. I only go out for groceries. I live less than half a mile from the beach but the weather hasn't been all that great so no walks on the beach yet. We just heard the Formula 1 GP of Zandvoort has been postponed/canceled. That's a shame too since I also live half a mile from Zandvoort Circuit and I was really looking forward to that because someone had given me tickets for friday practice!

Bummer. That would have been fun to watch.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, you know the coronavirus shtf now.
Hallmark channel has decided to 'help' everyone get thru isolation by running a full weekend of their Christmas movies.
Chick flick city...

Starting at noon ET/PT on Friday and continuing through Sunday at 6 p.m. the network will air 27 of its "Countdown to Christmas" films. "Entertainment Tonight" was first to report the news.
All times are Eastern and Pacific. Here's the schedule:
Friday, March 20
12 p.m.:
"A Christmas Detour"
2 p.m.:
"Holiday Date"
4 p.m.:
"A Christmas Love Story"
6 p.m.:
"Mingle All the Way"
8 p.m.:
"Christmas Under Wraps"
10 p.m.:
"Crown for Christmas"
Saturday, March 21
12 a.m.:
"The Christmas Cottage"
2 a.m.:
"A Royal Christmas"
3:30 a.m.:
"Marry Me at Christmas"
5 a.m.:
"A Very Merry Mix-Up"
7 a.m.:
"Christmas at Graceland: Home for the Holidays"
9 a.m.:
"Snow Bride"
11 a.m.:
"Switched for Christmas"
1 p.m.:
"Christmas at Dollywood"
3 p.m.:
"The Nine Lives of Christmas"
5 p.m.:
"Christmas at the Plaza"
7 p.m.:
"Christmas Town"
Sunday, March 22
12 a.m.:
"Picture a Perfect Christmas"
2 a.m.:
"The Sweetest Christmas"
4 a.m.:
"Coming Home for Christmas"
6 a.m.:
"Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses"
8 a.m.:
"Pride, Prejudice & Mistletoe"
10 a.m.:
"Christmas in Evergreen: Tidings of Joy"
12 p.m.:
"A Shoe Addict's Christmas"
2 p.m.:
"Christmas Under the Stars"
4 p.m.:
"Write Before Christmas"
6 p.m.:
"Christmas in Rome"

we can do better
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-19-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hallmark channel has decided to 'help' everyone get thru isolation by running a full weekend of their Christmas movies.

Damn, are they trying to finish us all off?

we can do better

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Just try to forget that this sweet young thing (I think she's Russian) is now 60 years old, 300 lbs, and has boobs hanging down to her knees.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-19-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Damn, are they trying to finish us all off?

Something I can better relate to.......

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock