Started on: 03-18-2020 12:11 PM
Replies: 151 (2282 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-17-2020 04:50 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

One team I wish I wasn’t a member of...

???

Rumor... which team?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-27-2020).]

IP: Logged
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was on vacation visiting family in Cali. Managed to go to the USS Midway Museum the last day it was opened. Other than that the other things we planned to do were closed. May have to make a short 4 day run out there in a few months once all this blows over to use the tickets we had already purchased. Either way, been back a couple days now and busy. Not that I couldn't have stayed home but I work by myself with rare interactions with people that I can easily maintain a safe distance from. So I've been catching up on work I didn't get done while vacationing. Today is our first relax day. We need to get some groceries since we ran our fridge down so food didn't go to waste while we were gone. Other than that we will be home the rest of the time. We aren't on a shelter in place or lock down yet here. Just a stay safe stay home advisement from the Governor. Basically if you don't need to be doing what you are going out for, stay home. That works for me as I can trim away some work that can wait but other work that needs done I will go do. We won't be out taking leisurely drives or going to the park or any of that. We will stay home and PC game/watch movies and such instead. I may take this opportunity to get some things I've been wanting to do for myself done such as the new audio install in the Hyundai sine I've had subs, door speakers, DSP and amps sitting here for almost a year that I've been wanting to install. Will also get those valve cover gaskets on the Hyundai replaced since they leak a little. Basically business as usual for me but with more free time. I just hope i don't get to used to having more free time...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will also get those valve cover gaskets on the Hyundai replaced since they leak a little. Basically business as usual for me but with more free time. I just hope i don't get to used to having more free time...

Get yourself a few cows. You won't ever have any free time and they'll keep you close to home too.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice day out today, finally drying up a bit and able to do some yard work.

Got an email from work, definitely starting back up Tuesday. They have called some people back in to do some jobs during the shut down.

Been trying to make every day off matter. Cleaning up the house and garage. Getting stuff done on the project vehicles. Even taking time to get in better shape myself.

The real trick will be keeping up with it all once back to work
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing well in the country in South Central Michigan.

Have had three elective surgeries this year...both eyes had new lenses installed in January and then hernia repair in early March. Glad I got them done when I did.

As a result, I haven't been out much, so I'm not sweating the stay at home requests.

Plenty to do outside in the yard anyway.....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time I posted was on the 18th.
Things are still much the same as they were. Still telecommuting, and still will be for the foreseeable future.
We keep on listening to the news stories of people doing unbelievably dumb sh!t, and are thanking our God and our lucky stars that we are in a relatively rural area.
We haven't had to really do without anything, so far. We have always bought TP and paper towels in bulk, since we hate going to the store, and we did that right before things got weird, so we still have what we need.
I'm still thinking about the folks who are not getting a paycheck, and I'm hoping the programs actually work for a change. But the conspiracy theorists are out in full force, so you never know what to believe. (I used to read Drudge, religiously, because it seemed that he had a mix of opinions from both sides of the spectrum. But lately it seems that he really is only trying to scare hell out of people, and maximize his traffic count. Go figure... eh? And half the crap he links to requires registration and/or white-listing. Eff that.)

I hope everyone is okay. TDA's post got me to thinking, a bit...
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Doing well in the country in South Central Michigan.

Have had three elective surgeries this year...both eyes had new lenses installed in January and then hernia repair in early March. Glad I got them done when I did.

As a result, I haven't been out much, so I'm not sweating the stay at home requests.

Plenty to do outside in the yard anyway.....

I'm in Marshall, working out of Albion. If this ever ends we should meet up for lunch or something. Cascarellis in Homer is pretty good.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fats

5567 posts
Member since Jan 2012
I haven't said much of anything on my social media because I am trying to not make it about me, I don't need pity or anything. I just need to figure out a way to take my mind off things and relax.

Over a week ago my wife got sick and went to the local hospital. They then put her on an ambulance and transported her to a larger City with a real hospital. A few hours later she was taken to the ICU and had to be put on a ventilator and has been in a medically induced coma since.

She was tested and doesn't have Kung Flu, but something called Human Metapneumovirus.

They keep trying to take her off the ventilator, but until today she couldn't seem to breathe on her own. Today she was able to breathe on her own but isn't getting enough oxygen. They test all this by turning down the ventilator and forcing her to breathe on her own until the machine has to take back over again. (basically).

I'm in Michigan working, there are no visitors allowed in the hospital unless it's end of life so it's useless for me to go there and wait. I'm about to lose it at this point. I can call and talk to her nurses anytime, and I call several times a day for updates, but it really sucks not being there and I feel like a piece of crap for being out here while she's there alone.

I got a call from a counselor at the hospital yesterday to set up care after she gets out of ICU, she won't be coming home for a while it seems, even if she gets better quickly somehow. She has to come off the ventilator pretty soon, if she can't breathe correctly on her own, she will have a tracheotomy or something similar.

I've got family helping out at the house, and plenty I can talk to, but as soon as I call them, they lose it and it depresses me more. I'm also not used to talking to people. I talk to my wife, and that's pretty much it.

My boss has got me off to the side at work, keeping me busy, but away from anything time consuming so that I can keep making a living, but I can take off when needed without delay. I've got family coming over to empty the fridge and take whatever they can before it all goes bad and I'm having to dole pets out to family so they can be taken care of during all of this and she has worked things where I can run home for the weekend and take care of a few things that need done.

This is all new territory for me, I always thought I'd be the one that something happened to, and she wouldn't be able to do anything, especially after my medical stuff last year.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Over a week ago my wife got sick...

Very sorry to hear all that.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do not have to talk, but call me anytime.

If you would like my friend, you can PM me also. Sometimes writing is a relief from stress.

Please know that my Wife and I are here for you. I am really sad for you.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad, I don't know what to say..........I can't imagine the emotional toll this must be for you and the kids. I will pray for you and your family. I do understand how difficult it is not being able to see her in the hospital.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69648 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Kind of got the same thing here with my brother-in-law, tho we don't think it is permanent.He's in his mid 70s
He's been in the hospital with respiratory problems for over 2 weeks now, was on 02 for about a week, tho the mask type and not the tube. Like Fats' situation, it's hard that none of us can go see or visit him, tho he does have his cell phone, but difficult to understand what he's saying. Earliest he will be released is Apr 13, and that's if he does well on therapy. This is a a problem he has had for over a decade..something caused by either Agent Orange, working in a refinery for 20 years or combination of both and they think he had irreversible lung damage from all that. It's been affecting his mobility, and he hasn't been able to get up enough energy to walk more than a dozen feet now for about a year. His wife (my sister) has already had a wheelchair ramp built since he went in the hospital so when he does come home, she/we can get him in and out of the house. Gonna have to do some modification inside the house as I don't think the wheelchair will fit thru bathroom door.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-08-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2020 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad... There's probably nothing I can say that will help, but just know that I care, and will be praying for your wife and you.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad my prayers you way also. Is she aware visitors are not allowed ? Please know you are there for her, by being where you are.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Brad my prayers you way also. Is she aware visitors are not allowed ? Please know you are there for her, by being where you are.

I don't think she is aware of much. The doctor said she is basically not going to remember any of this.

The update this afternoon is awesome though. She has been taken off the ventilator, and still needs oxygen to breathe, but is off that ventilator.

She's still asleep, but when she gets up she can text on her phone. I've been sending her updates a few times a day so she knows what all happened when she wakes up.

I'm at home getting things straightened out. I've got someone coming over tomorrow to just take all the food out of the house. I tried to start going through all of it, but I was sick earlier, and still having problems catching my breath. I go back to work Sunday. No telling when she will get to come home. I know how things can change, but I was told that she would have time to serve at a rehab place of some sort.

Best case scenario, I go to work Sunday and drive home Monday to pick her up from the Hospital.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Best case scenario, I go to work Sunday and drive home Monday to pick her up from the Hospital.

I will keep my fingers crossed.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still thinking about y'all....
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The update this afternoon is awesome though. She has been taken off the ventilator, and still needs oxygen to breathe, but is off that ventilator.

I don't know if they told you, but that is a HUGE and wonderful step.

The ventilator is only removed when the physician is satisfied that the patient can adequately breathe on their own, (sometimes with O2 added), and they have the underlying disease under control.....or when the physician has the sad duty to discuss "pulling the plug" with the family.

Prayers answered.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-09-2020).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad and MJ, prayers for recovery of your loved ones.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2020 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to put my thoughts out there to Ls3mach also. Lonzo could use some good will his way.

No words of wisdom here, just thinking about many of you...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I want to put my thoughts out there to Ls3mach also. Lonzo could use some good will his way.

Yes, Jennifer (I believe) can use any and all she gets. She has mine.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working from home for about 5 weeks now. I was already working from home 2 days a week so its not that big a stretch.
So let me pass this on to you, if you haven't driven your car in a while you may want to go check and make sure the battery isnt dead.

My car gets hard to start around 2 weeks and I just lost track, its been 3+ weeks and my charger is a POS.
Its running now but on top of everything else save yourself some grief and start your car every now and again.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I have been working from home for about 5 weeks now. I was already working from home 2 days a week so its not that big a stretch.
So let me pass this on to you, if you haven't driven your car in a while you may want to go check and make sure the battery isnt dead.

My car gets hard to start around 2 weeks and I just lost track, its been 3+ weeks and my charger is a POS.
Its running now but on top of everything else save yourself some grief and start your car every now and again.

Pursuant to that, I did see an article stating some auto insures are going to either offer a credit, rebate or refund for premium payments because so little driving is taking place. Probably won't be much tho.
Looks like 10-15-20% of the monthly premium..

http://www.brevardtimes.com...to-less-driving/amp/

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats, I hope your wife is ok
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2020 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Pursuant to that, I did see an article stating some auto insures are going to either offer a credit, rebate or refund for premium payments because so little driving is taking place. Probably won't be much tho.
Looks like 10-15-20% of the monthly premium..

http://www.brevardtimes.com...to-less-driving/amp/

Received via email this week:

"COVID-19: Announcing The GEICO Giveback credit for our policyholders

Dear Randy,

As part of GEICO's ongoing efforts to assist customers during this unprecedented time, we are announcing The GEICO Giveback which provides a 15 percent credit to all auto and motorcycle customers as policies come up for renewal, between April 8, 2020 and October 7, 2020.

This credit will also apply to any new policies purchased during this period as part of our commitment to protecting the wellbeing of our customers.

Current customers can expect to see the credit when they renew. Customers do not need to take any action to receive this credit.
The credits are expected to average $150 per auto policy and $30 per motorcycle policy. With roughly 18 million auto policies and 1 million motorcycle policies in force, we are proudly providing a total benefit of approximately $2.5 billion to our customers.

Last month, we announced that we're pausing cancellations of coverage due to non-payment or policy expiration through April 30, 2020 or later as directed by your state. Beyond that, we are committed to offering maximum flexibility to policyholders who need special payment options. And to ensure you continue to receive the 24/7 service you've come to expect, we've also transitioned nearly all of our associates to work from home.

Sincerely,

Todd Combs, President and CEO"

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If you can, use the 9.99 harbor freight maintainers.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen statements from the following auto insurers that they will be doing the same..refunds or rebates of varying % of premiums:
Allstate (also offering free Identity protection for the rest of 2020 to anyone in the USA..an Allstate customer or not)
Progressive
Geico
StateFarm
American Family Insurance
USAA
Liberty Mutual
Farmers
Safeco
Travelers

There may be more and there are also other programs currently being offered by insurers as well.
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Fats, I hope your wife is ok

She's awake and off the ventilator. They moved her from the ICU to her own room last night, and are talking of releasing her soon.

I think she's going to be OK, but we're making some lifestyle changes to help keep it that way if we can.

Brad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She's awake and off the ventilator. They moved her from the ICU to her own room last night, and are talking of releasing her soon.

I think she's going to be OK, but we're making some lifestyle changes to help keep it that way if we can.

Brad

Good to hear
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good to hear, thoughts prayers that way.

I don't want to jinx anything ... I was in the hospital twice this year. Nine days and then three weeks. ICU or own room, not a pleasant experience and very little rest.

They were always talking about releasing me but it never happened. Both times I had to pretty much shut down co operation letting them know I wanted to go home. I drove my wife to the emergency room and joked, like the Black Flag ad, "you can check in but you can't check out.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2020 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She's awake and off the ventilator.

Brad

XOXOXOXOXOXO

That's awesome news!
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been retired for several years already. I pretty much hibernate every winter anyway since I hate cold and theres nothing going on I like to do anyway. Im missing car cruise-ins a bit, and Mid Ohio Race Track already canceled my season opener first weekend in May. Still hoping Nascar race is there scheduled for Memorial Day weekend. One good thing is when I do go out, traffic is way down from what was recently normal. Gas prices are great, sometimes less than $1.00 but you cant go anywhere to use any. I filled the motorhomes in the fall when it was $2.75.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock