Started on: 03-18-2020 12:11 PM
Replies: 151 (2282 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 04-17-2020 04:50 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

FTFY

I had to look that up. One definition (of the two) is rather rude ... but yeah, you did fix my image. It's perfect!
IP: Logged
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I had to look that up. One definition (of the two) is rather rude ... but yeah, you did fix my image. It's perfect!

I knew the definition as MJ used it. I had to look up the other one. Now that is all I am going to think when someone uses it
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother-in-law took an ambulance ride late last night. Coughing and difficulty breathing for a couple of days but no fever. Hospitalized now and has been given the Covid test but results not back. Sister was not allowed in beyond the E-Room admitting and not allowed to sit in E-room waiting room. She had to wait in the car and the Medical folks came out to her car and said they believe it is his congestive heart failure but he is in an isolation ward for safety. It's got us worried but he has been pretty isolated for weeks since he, like myself, lives out in the boonies and rarely goes into town.He's 76, and US Army and Vietnam combat veteran. He was in country in '67, down near Cam Ranh I believe.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My prayers to you and your family as you deal with this maryjane.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Don't know what is going on with the Internet right now. But, it has been sketchy this morning. Sometimes it is working and other times not. Mostly not. I am going through my cell phone connection right now because my cable Internet is saying it is connected and on the Internet, but nothing comes through. And since I cut my cable a few years back most of my TV is down too. I can go to antenna TV though and probably will. But, it will certainly limit my options on what I can watch.

Could this be a stupid hacker or group of them doing something that will hurt us even more?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My internet seems to be working normally.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Internet is still down. But, I am online by using my cell phone's personal hotspot. If mj is having no problems then it has to be something local. And to me that is good. The last thing we would need is to have our one connection to the world cut off.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read that because some are working from home and others are stuck at home watching NetFlicks (et al), the internet might be stressed. I suppose that could be, and some areas (networks) might be more stressed than others.

I have relatively poor internet to start with because my neighborhood was built in the 1070's and the wiring hasn't yet been upgraded. My speed stays around 4 megs/sec but I don't watch streaming movies so that is good enough for me.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, no issues with internet here in Southeast Michigan
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1070's?

willie, I knew you were old, but not that old!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-25-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have read that because some are working from home and others are stuck at home watching NetFlicks (et al), the internet might be stressed. I suppose that could be, and some areas (networks) might be more stressed than others.

I have relatively poor internet to start with because my neighborhood was built in the 1070's and the wiring hasn't yet been upgraded. My speed stays around 4 megs/sec but I don't watch streaming movies so that is good enough for me.

Your neighborhood's media infrastructure was built 900 years ago...wow! I knew the Hopi were an advanced civilization for their time, but had no idea just how much.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He live in one of those vintage adobe bungalows from way way back. With an adobe-lined pueblo-style garage in the rear, carved into the face of a very steep cliff, on the very outskirts of town.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-25-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got it back up. Hope it stays. Glad to hear it was not statewide or nationwide. That would have complicated so many things.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a windy day, it gets tough to proofread smoke signals.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who always does the math on things like that.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My abacus was made in China and I'm afraid to touch it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How resilient to rain are those Hopi/adobe structures? I suspect they'd eventually dissolve into a pool of mud up here in the Pacific Northwest.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How resilient to rain are those Hopi/adobe structures? I suspect they'd eventually dissolve into a pool of mud up here in the Pacific Northwest.

The same thing happens here, but we don't get nearly the rain that you get up there. They built a roof over one here, to protect it from further deterioration. The town of Casa Grande is named for it: The Casa Grande Ruins. Casa Grande , of course means "big house".

My house was built in 1977. I just decided not to edit my typo because everything that followed it would not make much sense.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't make much sense anyway, does it?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quarintine song posted Matt Best

https://youtu.be/I3xpRZITi2w
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-26-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quarantine songs are becoming popular. I heard one this morning by the Chillbilly Twins, two old ladies. It was good.

Also, being quarantined with the wife, she can't go get her hair done, she can't get a pedicure or a manicure, she can't get a makeover, go to the gym, nor get a wax job.

Things are gonna' get ugly over here.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The VA clinic that I go to called today and told me that a couple of my prescriptions are ready and I could pick them up. They said DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. They said they have "runners" that will go inside after getting your ID and will bring prescriptions back out. All we have to do is get in the POV line. No drive up window at any VA around here so this is awesome......

...and here's the kicker: The runners are all VOLUNTEERS, not VA employees. I was told that they *asked* to do this to help protect older veterans and the healthcare workers inside the facility!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-26-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had an eventful night last night.

My neighbor 3 doors down is now homeless. His place caught fire about midnight and is completely gutted. There was flames 20 feet through the roof.

There isn't much to try to help him with. A bit of stuff and a few snowmobiles in the yard got hauled out today, but everything else is just going to be bulldozed and hauled off in dumpsters.

The downside of rural living. If a fire happens it's a total loss.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

My neighbor 3 doors down is now homeless. His place caught fire about midnight and is completely gutted. There was flames 20 feet through the roof.

There isn't much to try to help him with. A bit of stuff and a few snowmobiles in the yard got hauled out today, but everything else is just going to be bulldozed and hauled off in dumpsters.

Ouch, been through the same thing in 97 and it wasn't good without a pandemic..
Even the stuff that makes it through the fire is so smoke damaged there isnt anything you can do with it.
Storage centers, where I worked at the time rented us a storage compartment.
By the time I found a place to live they also filled it with furniture.
When they opened the locker there was already a couch inside. They said we will get rid of it and I said or you could just leave it
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fires don't 'just happen' ! There are also options to not lose everything.

My condolences to your neighbor. It has happened to me (rural living). I even have a volunteer fire dept just around the corner. No bulldozer dump help though.

He is going through some rough times. You can be of help.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The VA clinic that I go to called today and told me that a couple of my prescriptions are ready and I could pick them up. They said DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. They said they have "runners" that will go inside after getting your ID and will bring prescriptions back out. All we have to do is get in the POV line. No drive up window at any VA around here so this is awesome......

...and here's the kicker: The runners are all VOLUNTEERS, not VA employees. I was told that they *asked* to do this to help protect older veterans and the healthcare workers inside the facility!

There are some good people in the world, Randye.

Meanwhile, in New Jersey (the most densely populated state) we are on full "essential workers only" stay-at-home orders. I've been lucky enough to be working from home since last Thursday. Magnanimous company I work for has asked for vacation Time donations to cover those who don't have enough to cover the shutdown time. Then send an E-Mail today announcing salaried workers will receive a reduction in pay starting at 2.5% and up to 45% for executives. I don't know where I'll fall on that scale.

Grocery stores are limiting hours, but seem stocked with at least some of everything EXCEPT toilet paper. Maybe if I get there at 7AM I'll see some. We have plenty here right now, so I'm not worried.

The worst part of this whole thing? My wife is a borderline prepper/hoarder. She's been saying "Well something's going to happen, and when it does, you'll be glad I have all this stuff!" Gesturing to 120 rolls of TP.

The WORST PART? Admitting she was right!
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Zeb

4847 posts
Member since Jan 2008

No, not rural living. I live in a standard New Jersey subdivision, with 100 X 100 lots being the larger ones. House three houses down burned a few years ago. Same thing, totally destroyed, bulldozed within the month.

Lived in Asbury Park in 1984, three blocks from the beach. House across the street burned. If you have downsides, I'll take them, but lack of fire protection isn't one of them.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:
Maybe if I get there at 7AM I'll see some.

Adjusted hours here also. 8:00 AM. At 8:00 AM, the line is half way around the building, if not longer.

The WORST PART? Admitting she was right!

Don't admit it, problem solved. Tell her a broke clock is right twice a day, .

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are some good people in the world, Randye.

I have never doubted that and during my life I've witnessed a lot of selfless acts by people.

It's much easier to do something when there is no risk to your own wealth, health or even your own life, but it is times like this that those who decide to step up at their own risk should be praised.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to walmart today. What a difference from 1-2 weeks ago. Plenty of everything except flour and TP.
I only needed and bought some eggs, some bottled water and gatorade.
Did notice tho, that their auto center is now (temporarily) closed except on Saturday.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-27-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Went to walmart today. What a difference from 1-2 weeks ago. Plenty of everything except flour and TP.
I only needed and bought some eggs, some bottled water and gatorade.
Did notice tho, that their auto center is now (temporarily) closed except on Saturday.

I went to Safeway today. Still no TP, no grocery bags and a thin selection of cleaning products; but I did get some pork chops and bottled water.

They had signs everywhere about "social distancing" and limited some items to two per person, and people seemed a little more stressed.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is Discount Tire's business model to offer lifetime balance and rotation (free flat repair also) to tires bought from them. That is on hold here to keep customers from congregating and waiting (up to an hour) in the waiting area.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Used to have a Discount Tire here. They went belly up. Someone else bought the building and again opened it as a tire retail store and they quickly followed Discount Tire into oblivion.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Walter and crew's tips on how to deal with Coronavirus...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-27-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just try to forget that this sweet young thing (I think she's Russian) is now 60 years old, 300 lbs, and has boobs hanging down to her knees.

I really didn't need that image in my head. Now, please make it go away!

Rams

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I really didn't need that image in my head. Now, please make it go away!

This should help. Yes, I had posted it earlier... but who's going to complain.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One team I wish I wasn’t a member of...

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 04-10-2020).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012
One team I wish I wasn’t a member of...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors