Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Looks like this virus affects the brain !

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looks like this virus affects the brain ! by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 03-13-2020 06:43 PM
Replies: 21 (558 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-18-2020 04:58 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you guys seriously think anybody wants to invade here and take over this mess ?

https://www.thestar.com/amp...den-adversaries.html

If anything they will be bombing us with sympathy cards !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything and anything you have to say here about Canada and/or Canadians is negative.

You even sink so low as to make light of the fact that the Prime Minister's wife has contracted COVID-19.

I usually just ignore your posts, but I'd hate to think that other members here might mistake your misguided rants as being in any way representative of Canadians' views.

If you despise your home and native land so much... just freakin' leave! Problem is, no other place would take you.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick will be the last person to post on Pennocks.

Be happy. Move on.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't despise it, I despise what it has become the past 5 years.

We used to have rights and freedoms for all, now we have jackbooted enforcement of the leftist agenda. ESPECIALLY the trampling of free speech that the left doesn't approve of, right along with freedom from assembly.

I'm looking forward to the day we take this country back from the Marxists and their agenda.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I don't despise it, I despise what it has become the past 5 years.

You were posting this same tiresome drivel under the name of previously banned member under8ted a lot more than five years ago.

Quit blaming your homeland for all your issues and frustrations. You come across as a burnt out, bitter shell of a man. It doesn't make me feel good saying that, but I'm so sick of you continually running down Canada in this forum every opportunity you get.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While i agree with MEM about your PM, i consider him a dangerous politician, not a fan of your new "compelled speech laws"..

But Canada as a whole is a wonderful place. Iv always enjoyed my visits there.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2020 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not just compelled speech. It's compelled everything. Even compelled work.

If I want to turn down a job, I had damn well better make sure all my "t" s are dotted and "I"s crossed making sure the reason isn't one of the "protected" categories or else. I'm no longer free to do it just because I don't want to put up with somebody's bull-kaka. Think the wedding cake fiasco from a few years ago magnified 10 fold.

We have cities using trespassing bylaws to prevent conservative groups from assembling. (Google Hamilton Yellow Vest bylaw).

It's an endless list. The political correctness has been bad since they 80s, but what used to be an irritation has grown to a serious threat to non-compliant individuals.

Don't dare have a private conversation walking down the street, is someone overhears and gets offfeeennndddfeeedddd you will be having a visit from the cops. It happened to me 2 weeks ago. Nothing comes of it, but the "toe the line" message is very clear.

Look at Don Cherry. Lost a career simply for saying "You People". He didn't even identify who he was referring to, just a generic term.

It's become a nut-house on steroids.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You Canadians are Subjects of your government, and there isn't much you can do about that.

We Americans are Citizens, and we do have a bigger say in our governance, and the legal means to have even more, once we get rid of the Progressive Left.

You're welcome to all of them, they would fit in well up there.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just waiting for the compelled dating. There have already been a few cases of incells or jenners crying their rights are being trampled because nobody will give them any. One of these days some progressive wackjob is going to agree with them and decide getting laid is a human right.

THEN watch the fun start.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

But Canada as a whole is a wonderful place. Iv always enjoyed my visits there.

The truth is... those of us who were fortunate enough to be born in Canada or the US won the lottery right from the get-go. (A few other countries could be included in this category.) We have it so damn easy compared to people living in any number of other gawd-forsaken regions world-wide that we take for granted the many opportunities we've been presented. Unfortunately, complacency sets in... people get lazy, opportunities get squandered... and then the blame game starts. It's always some other person, some other group, some other ideology that stands in the way of "success".

Are there aspects of Canada (and/or the US) that could be improved? Absolutely, no place is perfect... but every day I thank my lucky stars that I live here. <stepping down from soapbox>

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're absolutely right,.Patrick.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Joe.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The truth is... those of us who were fortunate enough to be born in Canada or the US won the lottery right from the get-go. (A few other countries could be included in this category.) We have it so damn easy compared to people living in any number of other gawd-forsaken regions world-wide that we take for granted the many opportunities we've been presented. Unfortunately, complacency sets in... people get lazy, opportunities get squandered... and then the blame game starts. It's always some other person, some other group, some other ideology that stands in the way of "success".

By golly, we've certainly seen plenty of instances of that crap happening here at PFF...and always by the same very few immature individuals.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-14-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

By golly, we've certainly seen plenty of instances of that crap happening here at PFF...and always by the same very few immature individuals.

Yep, for sure. Some people are their own worst enemy.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... the fact that the Prime Minister's wife has contracted COVID-19.

You know what I haven't seen mentioned anywhere? ... what happens after someone is said to have contracted COVID-19.

The media seems to focus on this illness like the zombie apocalypse is happening right now, and everyone who gets it is essentially now one of them.

I'm sure the PM's wife is doing just fine, has the sniffles, maybe a fever, but otherwise totally ok? Granted, I haven't searched for anything about anyone after the fact, but all the news that's being FED to me via TV, whatever... is all end-of-the-world kind of projection.

Have they interviewed her since she's contracted it and been like... "Nose is a little runny, but I'm doing fine! Had Tim Horton's today... love the coffee!!!" or something like that?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have been several interviews or digital media reports straight from Tom Hanks and his wife Wilson's hospital quarantine in Australia.. I don't remember if they were on Youtube or instagram..maybe that twitter thing too.

(looks like it was instagram)
https://www.yahoo.com/enter...eball-135255941.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-15-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2020 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I'm sure the PM's wife is doing just fine, has the sniffles, maybe a fever, but otherwise totally ok? Granted, I haven't searched for anything about anyone after the fact, but all the news that's being FED to me via TV, whatever... is all end-of-the-world kind of projection.

From what I understand of this virus, it's not all that bad if contracted by relatively healthy people. So I guess there's not much point reporting on how many boxes of tissues the PM's wife is going through. However, if in this condition, Sophie Trudeau was to go glad-handing in a seniors home... that could be disastrous. Then there'd be plenty to report on!

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From what I understand of this virus, it's not all that bad if contracted by relatively healthy people
So I guess there's not much point reporting on how many boxes of tissues the PM's wife is going through.

Agreed. But the focus in the "news" is how many have gotten sick and how many have died.
So the media leaves the impression that most who've gotten sick are waiting to die.
Only the severely sick will be going to the hospital to get diagnosed and reported.

Most with a light case think they have the regular cold/flu AND carry on as usual acting like a "Typhoid Mary".
They are the ones coming home from Italy feeling fine that go shopping and have a big group dinner with family/friends to tell them about their holiday.
Then 2 days later, a dozen out of 40 they had dinner with report they are now sick!!

It's almost the "I'm not sick" crowd that are the most dangerous!

.------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-17-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

...the focus in the "news" is how many have gotten sick and how many have died.
So the media leaves the impression that most who've gotten sick are waiting to die.

I suppose it depends on where we look for our information. The following site is pretty good.

COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

But sure, the "news" doesn't report on successful plane landings... just the crashes!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-17-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The REAL great unknown is the undiagnosed, unreported cases.

Those that will resurface and reinfect when this 2 weeks is over and not even be aware of it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From what I understand of this virus, it's not all that bad if contracted by relatively healthy people. So I guess there's not much point reporting on how many boxes of tissues the PM's wife is going through. However, if in this condition, Sophie Trudeau was to go glad-handing in a seniors home... that could be disastrous. Then there'd be plenty to report on!

Originally posted by fierosound:

Agreed. But the focus in the "news" is how many have gotten sick and how many have died.

But sure, the "news" doesn't report on successful plane landings... just the crashes!

Of course, you're right about that, and it makes sense. No one really cares about successful plane landings, any more than they care about how many successful laps a Formula-1 car makes when finishing in 10th place.

But... I just wish the media would attempt to provide a different perspective. I believe in large part, the media is driving the panic, which is having a deleterious effect on the economy, and in turn, hurting everyone. But I'm sure ratings are up like crazy. And I'm not being political here... it seems to be every news station that I can get on cable to include Fox News and MSNBC... except maybe OANN, which almost no one knows about.

I would just like to see the media take a proactive approach at being a bit more conscientious about what they're reporting.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I would just like to see the media take a proactive approach at being a bit more conscientious about what they're reporting.

That ideal may have died along with news broadcasting icon, Walter Cronkite. If you don't wish to watch the whole report (which would be a shame), at least listen the last words (at 5:52) that Walter says in the video. Let's hope his words still have some merit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-18-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock