Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Leadership (Page 1)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Leadership by williegoat
Started on: 03-13-2020 04:18 PM
Replies: 164 (2456 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 06-30-2020 05:58 PM
williegoat
Member
Posts: 13762
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our president laid out the details of the plan for the U.S. government's battle against the coronavirus in a press conference that began shortly after 3:00 pm EDT.



Now, what was that I heard about his lack of leadership?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac
Member
Posts: 25798
From: Deplorableland
Registered: Feb 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unlike our talking head who found a veerryyy convenient excuse to hide at home.
IP: Logged
olejoedad
Member
Posts: 14176
From: Clarendon Twp., MI
Registered: May 2004


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 190
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just watched the full news conference.

I have little doubt that our President knows how to build qualified teams and delegate authority to the proper people.

IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that he's finally taking the corona virus seriously.

"Spying on coronavirus: A little-known U.S. intel outfit has its most important mission yet"
 
quote
The National Center for Medical Intelligence, an obscure patch of the U.S. spy world, is in the midst of one of the most important missions in its history.
Ken Dilanian for NBC News; March 13, 2020.
https://www.nbcnews.com/hea...fit-has-its-n1157296

It's not a long article; this is about halfway towards the end.
 
quote
NBC News has previously reported that the intelligence community has been warning about the risks of a COVID-19-style pandemic for years in annual threat assessments presented to Congress.

The most recent worldwide threat assessment, put out in January 2019 by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, included language on global health that was more pointed than in previous years.

"We assess that the United States and the world will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support," it said.
IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 13762
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:

Now that he's finally taking the corona virus seriously.


So, what you're saying is Trump is doing the right thing, that he is doing a good job.
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:

So, what you're saying is Trump is doing the right thing, that he is doing a good job.


Maybe he means that the President "finally" took it seriously way back on JANUARY 31 when he banned all travel into the US from China and instituted mandatory health screening for all US citizens returning from China and a self-quarantine for 14 days......you know, back when the Dems said that the ban was nothing but "racist" and "xenophobic".
IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think back to January 22, which is the day that "maryjane" started the now long-running Pennock's forum topic: "Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus."

President Trump's first publicly visible reaction to the Covid-19 epidemic that was developing in China and starting to take root in South Korea was to impose new virus-related travel restrictions; particularly on non-U.S. citizens entering this country from China. It's to the President's credit that he made that decision. It kept the virus from rapidly taking hold in the U.S. for about another month or maybe six more weeks (I'm not trying to reconstruct an exact timeline) that is now being remembered as "time that was bought" by travel restrictions. But was this time well spent? Or was it time that was mostly squandered?

I don't want to make this a real long message, so I will go with just one encapsulated point... TESTING.

I think it was well known among the experts that this needed to be a top priority, and that the U.S. would be well served by a rapid rollout of Covid-19 testing capabilities and patient access. It was something that could have been expedited at the federal level during the weeks that were "bought" by the first virus-related travel restrictions. So what happened? Instead of expediting the testing, the Trump administration managed to obstruct it. "Obstruction of Testing."

It looks like that aspect of the corona virus situation in the U.S. is now being corrected, but there's no good reason for it having come up so short in the first place. Trump has offered his excuses. Recently, Trump tried to put some of the blame on the Obama administration, and even a couple or three (maybe) Republican Senators called him out on that. It's Trump's job to cut through red tape in an emergency, even when it is red tape that was inherited from a previous administration.

It's been a "C minus grade" performance from Trump World on the testing issues, and that's not good.

I expect that the U.S. will get through this without as much suffering as China or Italy, but we should be in a better place already, even right now.

In the interests of brevity, I will resort to one of my Baseball analogies. It's like the U.S. vs Virus, and Trump is the manager for U.S. Virus has a powerful offensive lineup that came in with the certainty of scoring some runs, but the U.S., under Trump's direction, has been making defensive errors. Batted balls that should have been fielded cleanly, but weren't. Relay throws that were short or wide of the mark. Mental errors. What the political pundits call "unforced errors." Virus is scoring runs, and some of the runs are Unearned.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:


It's been a "C minus grade" performance from Trump World on the testing issues, and that's not good.



From the diseased skull of a California mental patient why don't you tell us all precisely how much time it takes to develop a reliable, and moderately false positive proof, test kit for a unique new pathogen and then roll it out to 333.5 MILLION people.

You're NOT a journalist, or a scientist or an eye care professional or an engineer or an epidemiologist or a physician.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
Hudini
Member
Posts: 7962
From: Shanghai, China
Registered: Feb 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniClick Here to Email HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As has been demonstrated over and over it doesn't matter what Trump does, he is evil Orange Man. If he invented a vaccine and personally inoculated every single American it would somehow be proof positive that he is a racist, misogynist, xenophobe, transphobe, satan worshiper. Why? Because someone on the internet said so!
IP: Logged
olejoedad
Member
Posts: 14176
From: Clarendon Twp., MI
Registered: May 2004


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 190
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:

I think back to January 22, which is the day that "maryjane" started the now long-running Pennock's forum topic: "Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus."

President Trump's first publicly visible reaction to the Covid-19 epidemic that was developing in China and starting to take root in South Korea was to impose new virus-related travel restrictions; particularly on non-U.S. citizens entering this country from China. It's to the President's credit that he made that decision. It kept the virus from rapidly taking hold in the U.S. for about another month or maybe six more weeks (I'm not trying to reconstruct an exact timeline) that is now being remembered as "time that was bought" by travel restrictions. But was this time well spent? Or was it time that was mostly squandered?

I don't want to make this a real long message, so I will go with just one encapsulated point... TESTING.

I think it was well known among the experts that this needed to be a top priority, and that the U.S. would be well served by a rapid rollout of Covid-19 testing capabilities and patient access. It was something that could have been expedited at the federal level during the weeks that were "bought" by the first virus-related travel restrictions. So what happened? Instead of expediting the testing, the Trump administration managed to obstruct it. "Obstruction of Testing."

It looks like that aspect of the corona virus situation in the U.S. is now being corrected, but there's no good reason for it having come up so short in the first place. Trump has offered his excuses. Recently, Trump tried to put some of the blame on the Obama administration, and even a couple or three (maybe) Republican Senators called him out on that. It's Trump's job to cut through red tape in an emergency, even when it is red tape that was inherited from a previous administration.

It's been a "C minus grade" performance from Trump World on the testing issues, and that's not good.

I expect that the U.S. will get through this without as much suffering as China or Italy, but we should be in a better place already, even right now.

In the interests of brevity, I will resort to one of my Baseball analogies. It's like the U.S. vs Virus, and Trump is the manager for U.S. Virus has a powerful offensive lineup that came in with the certainty of scoring some runs, but the U.S., under Trump's direction, has been making defensive errors. Batted balls that should have been fielded cleanly, but weren't. Relay throws that were short or wide of the mark. Mental errors. What the political pundits call "unforced errors." Virus is scoring runs, and some of the runs are Unearned.



Thank you for sharing your opinion, however uninformed of fact, and full of idiocy as it may be.

You really need to expand your information base.....
IP: Logged
Boondawg
Member
Posts: 38076
From: Displaced Alaskan
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 338
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:

Now, what was that I heard about his lack of leadership?



President Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron.
And you know it.

He’s stupid, he can’t read, speak, tell the truth, or act rationally under any circumstances. He is the epitome of every undesirable human trait we are capable of.
And he’s as proud of it as you pretend you are.

I know some of you like to pretend it ain’t so, but there’s no way you’re going to convince anyone with half a brain that all of a sudden you got blind and stupid to the very traits you have verbally & proudly rallied against in other’s countless times here.

I mean, it’s not at like when your pretending there’s an invisible task-master in the sky....who ALSO thinks Donald Trump is a good man and a “great leader”.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad
Member
Posts: 14176
From: Clarendon Twp., MI
Registered: May 2004


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 190
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awww, come on Boonie, tell us how you REALLY feel!
IP: Logged
MadMark
Member
Posts: 2935
From: Owosso, Michigan, USA
Registered: Feb 2010


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkClick Here to Email MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Boondawg:


President Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron.
And you know it.

He’s stupid, he can’t read, speak, tell the truth, or act rationally under any circumstances. He is the epitome of every undesirable human trait we are capable of.
And he’s as proud of it as you pretend you are.

I know some of you like to pretend it ain’t so, but there’s no way you’re going to convince anyone with half a brain that all of a sudden you got blind and stupid to the very traits you have verbally & proudly rallied against in other’s countless times here.

I mean, it’s not at like when your pretending there’s an invisible task-master in the sky....who ALSO thinks Donald Trump is a good man and a “great leader”.



Boony: Ad Hominem attacks are not becoming. Obviously you hate president Trump. Too Bad! He is our president because he was duly elected by the people of this country. You present nothing but your biased opinion. I would counter every one of your points, but it would be pointless since you are blind to anything anyone would say.

I would say one thing. I he was as you describe, why is he such a successful businessman, entrepreneur, politician and now president. Just what have you done with your life that you can sit in such a pejorative judgement of not only him, but all of the other people in this country that support him.
IP: Logged
maryjane
Member
Posts: 66166
From: Cleveland Texas
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by MadMark:


Boony: Ad Hominem attacks are not becoming.


If you are referring to the ad hominem attack being ON or against President Trump, it's a moot point. He, like all politicians is a fair game target, just as Obama was and Bush before him. Some early US citizens spoke badly of G. Washington too.

If referring to an ad hominem attack being agaist PFF members, then I can only partly agree. Boondawg has certainly been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Hate? Yeah, well you know what they say about that...




IP: Logged
MadMark
Member
Posts: 2935
From: Owosso, Michigan, USA
Registered: Feb 2010


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkClick Here to Email MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by maryjane:


If you are referring to the ad hominem attack being ON or against President Trump, it's a moot point. He, like all politicians is a fair game target, just as Obama was and Bush before him. Some early US citizens spoke badly of G. Washington too.

If referring to an ad hominem attack being agaist PFF members, then I can only partly agree. Boondawg has certainly been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Hate? Yeah, well you know what they say about that...





But, not from me. I try not to do that. I have taken offence because of what he has foolishly posted.
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Boondawg:


President Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron.
And you know it.

He’s stupid, he can’t read, speak, tell the truth, or act rationally under any circumstances. He is the epitome of every undesirable human trait we are capable of.
And he’s as proud of it as you pretend you are.

I know some of you like to pretend it ain’t so, but there’s no way you’re going to convince anyone with half a brain that all of a sudden you got blind and stupid to the very traits you have verbally & proudly rallied against in other’s countless times here.

I mean, it’s not at like when your pretending there’s an invisible task-master in the sky....who ALSO thinks Donald Trump is a good man and a “great leader”.



Well lookie there.

An 8th grade dropout, bowling shoe handler, with a serious drug and alcohol abuse problem, ranting on the internet about a man that is a billionaire developer that owns properties all around the world and sits, duly elected, in the White House as President of the United States...... and calling him "stupid"......while he also mocks other forum members religious beliefs.


Quite a contrast in life achievement and intellect.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-14-2020).]

IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post


Reason For Posting certified as "Just for shitz" by Comm Director Central

I think it ties in with the new book "The Nation City" from former Chicago mayor and Chief of Staff to President Obama, Rahm Emanuel, which I am certain neither to purchase, borrow, or read so much as a single page.
IP: Logged
maryjane
Member
Posts: 66166
From: Cleveland Texas
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That book might be the answer to the toilet paper panic buying thing............
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by rinselberg:






IP: Logged
82-T/A [At Work]
Member
Posts: 18328
From: Florida USA
Registered: Aug 2002


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Boondawg:

President Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron.
And you know it.

He’s stupid, he can’t read, speak, tell the truth, or act rationally under any circumstances. He is the epitome of every undesirable human trait we are capable of.
And he’s as proud of it as you pretend you are.

I know some of you like to pretend it ain’t so, but there’s no way you’re going to convince anyone with half a brain that all of a sudden you got blind and stupid to the very traits you have verbally & proudly rallied against in other’s countless times here.

I mean, it’s not at like when your pretending there’s an invisible task-master in the sky....who ALSO thinks Donald Trump is a good man and a “great leader”.




You're not going to make friends here, especially when you start essentially making fun of people because you believe we're idiots for being religious...

"it’s not at like when your pretending there’s an invisible task-master in the sky...."

...big (sic) around that, because I can barely decipher it.
IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aside from the vulnerability to the disease for every one of us, aside from the extraordinary difficulties that are pressing upon our nation's medical care and hospitalization infrastructure, and aside from a national economy that could already be on its way to an "economic ICU" with symptoms of "fiscal flatlining", there's the damage to President Trump's aura of leadership that occurs on almost every occasion when the President makes a public remark.

Here's a case in point from just the last 24 hours.

"Trump Says Federal Government Is 'Not a Shipping Clerk' ..."
Luke Darby for GQ; March 19, 2020
https://www.gq.com/story/tr...rnors-should-do-more
 
quote
On Wednesday, Donald Trump announced he was initiating the Defense Production Act (DPA), "just in case we need it." The DPA is a Korean War-era law that gives the president sweeping control over American manufacturing. Essentially, it lets Trump order private companies to meet demand for products vital to national security, which in this case would be anything to help states and hospitals cope with the novel coronavirus outbreak that's now affecting all 50 states.

That could be a huge boon, especially since hospitals around the world are struggling with a shortage of ventilators. Since COVID-19, the disease caused by the strain of coronavirus spreading across the globe, is a respiratory illness, ventilators are lifesaving devices for patients in intensive care. According to the Washington Post, hospitals are wary of stocking up on more machines for financial reasons in case the need for ventilators turns out to be short-lived. The cost for an individual machine ranges from $25,000 to $50,000, and under the DPA the president can take control of both production and pricing.

But although Trump has invoked the DPA, he hasn't actually done anything with it yet, tweeting that he "only" went along with it in case of "worst case scenario in the future." At a press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked Trump why he hasn't "pulled the trigger on it" yet. "Because we hope we don't need to," Trump replied. As of Thursday, the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. surpassed 10,000, and new figures show that a massive 40 percent of people hospitalized by the disease are younger than 55 years old. More than 100 people have already died from the disease in the U.S. In Italy, which is on a trajectory some say is 10 days ahead of the U.S., the death toll just surpassed the much more populous China, with 3,405.

The president continued, saying, "Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work." He added, "the federal government is not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items, and then shipping. We're not a shipping clerk. As with testing—the governors are supposed to be doing it."



Ron Klain finds an economy of words (brief and to the point) in explaining why Americans need their Federal government to be proactive in overseeing and coordinating the key logistics and manufacturing nodes in the national coronavirus-related supply chain.

This is intended to start the YouTube video segment at 27 minutes and 40 seconds (27:40) from the starting point.
https://youtu.be/UHAFLjzEBiU?t=1660

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane
Member
Posts: 66166
From: Cleveland Texas
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ron Klain, yet another liberal hack that "has just the right words" to say about a conservative president.
Surprise surprise...

 
quote
Ronald A. Klain is an American political operative and lawyer. He served as chief of staff to two U.S. vice presidents – Al Gore and Joe Biden, and served as the United States Ebola response coordinator in late 2014 into early 2015
Law clerk and Capitol Hill
Klain was a law clerk for Supreme Court Justice Byron White during the 1987 and 1988 terms.[4] From 1989 to 1992, he served as Chief Counsel to the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary,[5] overseeing the legal staff's work on matters of constitutional law, criminal law, antitrust law, and Supreme Court nominations, including the 1991 Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination. He served as Legislative Director for U.S. Representative Ed Markey (D-MA). In 1995, Senator Tom Daschle appointed him the Staff Director of the Senate Democratic Leadership Committee.[3]

Clinton administration
Klain joined the Clinton-Gore campaign in 1992 and was involved in both of Bill Clinton's campaigns.[5] He oversaw Clinton's judicial nominations, and was General Counsel to Al Gore's recount committee in 2000 election. Klain worked closely with Clinton aide Bruce Reed in formulating Clinton's "100,000 cops" proposal of his 1992 campaign.[citation needed] In the White House, Klain was Associate Counsel to the President, directing judicial selection efforts, and led the team that won confirmation of Supreme Court of the United States Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.[5] In 1994, he became Chief of Staff and Counselor to Attorney General Janet Reno and in 1995, Assistant to the President, and Chief of Staff to Al Gore.[6]

Gore campaign 1999-2000
During Klain's tenure as Gore's Chief of Staff, he was seen as too loyal to Clinton by some longtime Gore advisors, and in 1999, feuding broke out between Clinton and Gore loyalists. Klain was ousted by Gore campaign chairman Tony Coelho in August 1999. In October 1999, he joined the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm of O'Melveny & Myers.[7] In 2000, Klain returned to the Gore campaign, once Coelho was replaced by William M. Daley who hired Klain for a senior position in the Gore campaign and then named him General Counsel of Gore's Recount Committee.[citation needed]

Lobbying
Klain was signed up as a lobbyist for Fannie Mae until 2005 whom he helped overcome "regulatory issues".[8]

2004–2008
During the 2004 US presidential campaign early primaries, Klain worked as an adviser to Wesley Clark. During the general election, Klain was heavily involved behind the scenes in John Kerry's campaign.[9]

Klain served as an informal adviser to Evan Bayh, who is from Klain's home state of Indiana. In 2005, Klain left his partnership at O'Melveny & Myers to become Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Revolution LLC, a technology venture capital firm launched by AOL co-founder Steve Case.[citation needed] At the time of his October 2014 appointment as ebola czar, he was General Counsel at Revolution LLC and President of Case Holdings.[10]

Obama administration 2008–2015
On November 12, 2008, Roll Call announced that Klain had been chosen to serve as Chief of Staff to Vice President Joe Biden, the same role he served for Gore.[11][12][13]

Klain had worked with Biden, having served as counsel to the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary while Biden chaired that committee and assisted Biden's speechwriting team during the 1988 presidential campaign.[14]


President Obama talks with Ron Klain during presidential debate preparations. Senator John Kerry, at podium, played the role of Mitt Romney during the preparatory sessions.
Klain was mentioned as a possible replacement for White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel,[15] but opted to leave the White House for a position in the private sector in January 2011.[13]

In 2011, amid concerns about whether the now-defunct solar-panel company Solyndra was viable, Klain approved an Obama visit, stating, "The reality is that if POTUS visited 10 such places over the next 10 months, probably a few will be belly-up by election day 2012."[16] On October 17, 2014, Klain was appointed the "Ebola response coordinator" or, less officially, Ebola "czar."[17][18][19] His appointment was criticized because Klain, according to Julie Hirschfeld Davis writing in The New York Times, had "no record or expertise in Ebola specifically or public health in general".[18] Klain's term as Ebola response coordinator ended in February 2015.



Received today in my email from my STATE representative..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevertheless, I don't see that the President handled that reporter's question with any deftness (looked like an E6 to me) when he said that the "federal government is not a shipping clerk."
IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 13762
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
During these trying times, the most important job of our president is to treat the press with the proper degree of deftness. That, above all else, will insure our survival.
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:

During these trying times, the most important job of our president is to treat the press with the proper degree of deftness. That, above all else, will insure our survival.


The Leftist media needs to be treated to a deft kick in the ass for fanning the flames of panic and attempting to continually politicize the situation.

The same applies to the California mental patient.
IP: Logged
olejoedad
Member
Posts: 14176
From: Clarendon Twp., MI
Registered: May 2004


Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 190
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ronald, did you watch the briefing?
I did, and I do everyday.
If not, why not?
Would you rather get your "news" as hear-say, or hear it from the news makers?
( Hint: Reporters and opinion columnists ARE NOT newsmakers )

If so, you would realize your post, and the article you referenced are bullshit.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
ttt123
Member
Posts: 309
From: lapeer,mi,usa
Registered: Jan 2008


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Click Here to Email ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate, hate and more hate. The left has nothing but hate for anyone who does not just agree but support there views. No tolerance, no love, no compassion.. just hate. I don't see how anyone could get behind these people. black lives matter, antifa, lgbtq community etc. they all just hate on EVERYONE who is not on there side. "but those tea party guys" bla bla bla total bs the tea party was peaceful, calm and never did a scintilla of what we see with the left wing demonstrations we see now. hate nothing but hate.
IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac
Member
Posts: 25798
From: Deplorableland
Registered: Feb 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ttt123:

Hate, hate and more hate. The left has nothing but hate for anyone who does not just agree but support there views. No tolerance, no love, no compassion.. just hate. I don't see how anyone could get behind these people. black lives matter, antifa, lgbtq community etc. they all just hate on EVERYONE who is not on there side. "but those tea party guys" bla bla bla total bs the tea party was peaceful, calm and never did a scintilla of what we see with the left wing demonstrations we see now. hate nothing but hate.


Exactly. Their entire world view is "rights and freedoms for me, none for thee". It's nothing but a power-and-control trip by a bunch of peons who think they rule the world and will throw a temper-tantrum if they don't get their own way.

What do you expect from a bunch who hold Marx and Orwell as their ideal, thrown in with a little Fahrenheit 451 just to make sure nobody disagrees with them.

Wonder if there are any stats on this virus hitting based on leftist views that would be an interesting graph.
IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac
Member
Posts: 25798
From: Deplorableland
Registered: Feb 2007


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

25798 posts
Member since Feb 2007
 
quote
Originally posted by maryjane:


Hate? Yeah, well you know what they say about that...





But...but...but....

The dark side is fun. We have cake...and puppies...and trucks...and beer....and say and think what the hell we want.

IP: Logged
ttt123
Member
Posts: 309
From: lapeer,mi,usa
Registered: Jan 2008


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Click Here to Email ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go trump and not because I "follow blindly" but because his policies are good for US.. Americans. how the left thinks contrary to this is just crazy. how can you live here and hate us so much. I truly want everyone to do well here ..yes even the lefties. I don't wish ill will on them but turn that around and they wish the opposing side .. death. Anyone see that "Be infected" tweet from that msnbc lefty.. why !!! whats hurting so bad in there lives to feel this way.
IP: Logged
rinselberg
Member
Posts: 9242
From: Sunnyvale, CA (USA)
Registered: Mar 2010


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by williegoat:
During these trying times, the most important job of our president is to treat the press with the proper degree of deftness. That, above all else, will insure our survival.

That wasn't a "one off." Between his tweets and his on-air or live TV broadcast remarks, the President has created a large, easily accessible database of "Trump remarks about coronavirus situation". That, in itself, differentiates him from Presidents with more conventional communications styles. I think there's a lot of material in this database that the Biden campaign will be able to weave into their Presidential campaign ads.

I happen to be following part of the question and answer session from today's White House briefing. I rewound the TV so it is broadcasting from about an hour ago. I've seen some "deft" plays from Alex Azar, Mike Pence and President Trump himself, in terms of responding to questions from reporters.

I'm not going to pretend like I know what the next few weeks are going to be like, but I find myself thinking very frequently about the part of this "game" that has already been "played." What was being briefed to the President, even before the end of 2019, and all during the month of January? Was the President being briefed with all of the relevant information that was available, or only "what he wanted to hear"..?

I shouldn't have to say this again, but the Truth will eventually come out... and it's never what the Pennock's forum Right Wing Lunatic tried to make you believe.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-20-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini
Member
Posts: 7962
From: Shanghai, China
Registered: Feb 2006


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniClick Here to Email HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
williegoat
Member
Posts: 13762
From: Glendale, AZ
Registered: Mar 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Hudini:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE


IP: Logged
Boondawg
Member
Posts: 38076
From: Displaced Alaskan
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 338
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by ttt123:

Hate, hate and more hate. nothing but hate for anyone who does not just agree but support there views. No tolerance, no love, no compassion.. just hate. I don't see how anyone could get behind these people. They all just hate on EVERYONE who is not on there side. hate nothing but hate.


You just described the other side, too, as well as the "religion" most people claim to adhere to.
Not so much the people individually, but their dedication (mostly in words, not deeds) to "institutions" they claim to build their beliefs/morals on.
And of course the obligatory voluntary blindness, when it suits "The Cause".

Anyone with half-a-brain will never get past the fact that Donald Trump is not a good man.
He is a liar, a cheat, and a con man.
He is about as far from God as one man can willfully get.

He is NOT a leader, and not a single man I know would trust his judgement enough to follow him into battle.
He is a draft-dodger and a coward.
Those moral roadblocks are not opinion, they are fact.

Yet all of those red flags are ignored simply because of the possible financial benefit his crookedness may provide?
"He's a crook, but he's our crook"?

Yeah, that's exactly what Jesus had in mind at the Sermon on the Mount...

But by all means continue.
History will tell the tale, and it will be interesting to see if some of these honorable men will muster the courage to show fortitude of soul by humbly admitting they were wrong about this fool.
But I bet not.

In my experience, the ones most righteous on the outside are usually the most fragile on the inside.
"Being Wrong" will not be an option.
Excuses will be made by the dozens, and applied like patches on a useless rubber inner tube.

I'm sure President Trump hardly golfs or uses a teleprompter at all...but remember when that was a big deal when President Obama did them?
How are them tax returns of Trumps coming?
Or are we only interested in Birth Certificates?

The stupidity is deafening.




IP: Logged
MadMark
Member
Posts: 2935
From: Owosso, Michigan, USA
Registered: Feb 2010


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkClick Here to Email MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Boondawg:


You just described the other side, too, as well as the "religion" most people claim to adhere to.
Not so much the people individually, but their dedication (mostly in words, not deeds) to "institutions" they claim to build their beliefs/morals on.
And of course the obligatory voluntary blindness, when it suits "The Cause".

Anyone with half-a-brain will never get past the fact that Donald Trump is not a good man.
He is a liar, a cheat, and a con man.
He is about as far from God as one man can willfully get.

He is NOT a leader, and not a single man I know would trust his judgement enough to follow him into battle.
He is a draft-dodger and a coward.
Those moral roadblocks are not opinion, they are fact.

Yet all of those red flags are ignored simply because of the possible financial benefit his crookedness may provide?
"He's a crook, but he's our crook"?

Yeah, that's exactly what Jesus had in mind at the Sermon on the Mount...

But by all means continue.
History will tell the tale, and it will be interesting to see if some of these honorable men will muster the courage to show fortitude of soul by humbly admitting they were wrong about this fool.
But I bet not.

In my experience, the ones most righteous on the outside are usually the most fragile on the inside.
"Being Wrong" will not be an option.
Excuses will be made by the dozens, and applied like patches on a useless rubber inner tube.

I'm sure President Trump hardly golfs or uses a teleprompter at all...but remember when that was a big deal when President Obama did them?
How are them tax returns of Trumps coming?
Or are we only interested in Birth Certificates?

The stupidity is deafening.





Thank you for confirming your rabid partisanship and disdain other people. I don't normally down rate anyone here, but you have shown you deserve it.
IP: Logged
blackrams
Member
Posts: 28909
From: Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Registered: Feb 2003


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 223
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by olejoedad:

Ronald, did you watch the briefing?
I did, and I do everyday.
If not, why not?
Would you rather get your "news" as hear-say, or hear it from the news makers?
( Hint: Reporters and opinion columnists ARE NOT newsmakers )

If so, you would realize your post, and the article you referenced are bullshit.



Have no idea whether "Ronald" did or didn't watch the briefing, if he did then, he wasn't paying attention. But, it's all about perspective, Trump haters have their own reality they live in.

What I saw was a press core doing everything they could to make the President look bad. It's pretty much their normal routine.
President Trump was not the candidate I wanted but, he has earned my respect for the job he has done.
No, I don't like his tweets and he's got a super ego but, he doesn't take crap from an obviously biased press core or reporter.
I watch a lot of NBC news, President Trump was correct, they never give him credit and always put a bad slant to anything he says.

Rams
IP: Logged
randye
Member
Posts: 10747
From: New Port Richey, Florida
Registered: Mar 2006


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Boondawg:

Those moral roadblocks are not opinion, they are fact.





Fact like you being an 8th grade dropout, bowling shoe handler with a serious alcohol and drug abuse problem and a criminal record.

It's always both hilarious and pathetic to see you preach about morality and religion. Topics that you know nothing about, "Mr. Jew Joke"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-21-2020).]

IP: Logged
Habanera Hal
Member
Posts: 308
From: Ocala, FL
Registered: Apr 2012


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalClick Here to Email Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by MadMark:


Boony: Ad Hominem attacks are not becoming. Obviously you hate president Trump. Too Bad! He is our president because he was duly elected by the people of this country. You present nothing but your biased opinion. I would counter every one of your points, but it would be pointless since you are blind to anything anyone would say.

I would say one thing. I he was as you describe, why is he such a successful businessman, entrepreneur, politician and now president. Just what have you done with your life that you can sit in such a pejorative judgement of not only him, but all of the other people in this country that support him.


If our political system of elections was fair, he would have lost by 3.5 MILLION votes.

Successful businessman and entrepreneur?? Three bankruptcies, failed "university" and crappy steak business, stiffed his contractors, etc,etc, etc.

Successful politician? NEVER ran for any political office before riding his escalator down (prophetic?) Only time the coward ran was from his draft board - on his "bone spurs" (but still managed to letter in track?)

Successful President? Multiple investigations and lawsuits into his ethics (news flash - he has none), works only to divide the country, give tax breaks for the rich, cuts services to the poor and middle class, disparages the disabled, women in general, has no respect for veterans or Gold Star families, and oh yeah, HE WAS IMPEACHED!

Anyone that supports this moron is as immoral as he is.
IP: Logged
maryjane
Member
Posts: 66166
From: Cleveland Texas
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass every time it jumped landed on a lily pad.

Life ain't fair and was never intended to be, but the electoral college method is LAW.

If you need a hankie, I'll see if I can find one but you can't have my kleenex...I might need that later to wipe my ass like Trump did HRC's.


IP: Logged
Tony Kania
Member
Posts: 20794
From: The Inland Northwest
Registered: Dec 2008


Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Habanera Hal:


If our political system of elections was fair, he would have lost by 3.5 MILLION votes.

Successful businessman and entrepreneur?? Three bankruptcies, failed "university" and crappy steak business, stiffed his contractors, etc,etc, etc.

Successful politician? NEVER ran for any political office before riding his escalator down (prophetic?) Only time the coward ran was from his draft board - on his "bone spurs" (but still managed to letter in track?)

Successful President? Multiple investigations and lawsuits into his ethics (news flash - he has none), works only to divide the country, give tax breaks for the rich, cuts services to the poor and middle class, disparages the disabled, women in general, has no respect for veterans or Gold Star families, and oh yeah, HE WAS IMPEACHED!

Anyone that supports this moron is as immoral as he is.



Now it is 3.5 million? Lefties are never right.

Sorry about your severe TDS. It really should be looked into.
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock