Leadership by williegoat
Started on: 03-13-2020 04:18 PM
Replies: 164 (2867 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 06-30-2020 05:58 PM
ArbinShire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArbinShireSend a Private Message to ArbinShireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please, do tell us where we can witness these tea and crumpets political discussions. Perhaps we can learn by example.

I can't. I can point you to previous leaders who managed discourse without insults or belittling. I can further point you to this board as an example of how not to act.

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ArbinShire:

(snip) I can point you to previous leaders who managed discourse without insults or belittling. (snip)

No, you can't.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The WHO kits that were not offered to the US, and exhibited a 48% false negative result?

They would have been extremely helpful.

Neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump has been on point with their remarks about WHO (World Health Organization) coronavirus testing.

To make a short story long--and not just long, but more accurate and complete--I heartily recommend this report of middling length from FactCheck(.org), which self-identifies as a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center. I guess it's like a couple of pages. Not Carter Page(s), but textbook or novella pages. "Heart of Darkness" or "The Old Man and the Sea" kind of pages.

"Biden, Trump Wrong About WHO Coronavirus Tests"
Jessica McDonald for FactCheck(.org); March 20, 2020.
https://www.factcheck.org/2...o-coronavirus-tests/

Here's how it starts:

Following a flawed rollout of test kits in the U.S. for the new coronavirus, politicians have given inaccurate information related to the diagnostic tests distributed by the World Health Organization.

Former Vice President Joe Biden falsely claimed that the WHO “offered the testing kits that they have available” but “we refused them.” The U.S. did not actively turn down testing kits from the WHO, although it could have requested them. The kits, however, are primarily intended for lower income nations without testing capacity.

President Donald Trump also falsely claimed that the WHO test “was a bad test.” The test is highly accurate and has performed well.
Biden’s comments came during his one-on-one March 15 Democratic debate with Sen. Bernie Sanders, when he responded to a question about whether Trump was justified in complaining that inherited bureaucratic red tape hampered the administration’s response to COVID-19, the disease caused by the new virus.

If that's all you need, feel free to proceed to the next message in this topic.

Si eso es todo lo que necesita, no dude en continuar con el siguiente mensaje de este tema.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-24-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

The WHO kits that were not offered to the US, and exhibited a 48% false negative result?

They would have been extremely helpful.

That "48% false negative" pertains to a "diagnostic" that was being used in China, but NOT repeat NOT the WHO (World Health Organization) coronavirus testing methodology or test kits. Here's the replay from that FactCheck(.org) report, where Birx picks it clean in the hole between 3B and 2B, sidearms it to Sampath who steps on the bag (2B) and fires it to Ryan (1B) for the inning-ending GIDP.

That brings us to how well the WHO test performs — and Trump’s false claim that the test was “bad.”

Trump may have concluded this from the way Birx responded when asked about Biden’s claim. She emphasized quality control of testing kits and said, “It doesn’t help to put out a test where 50% or 47% are false positives.”

<SNIP>

But there is no evidence that the WHO test doesn’t work well. Sampath, whose organization is now testing different COVID-19 assays from various manufacturers to provide independent verification for countries, said there are “no known issues” with the test. The WHO’s Ryan also said in a CNN interview that the test has performed “extremely well in the field, in multiple countries.”

<SNIP>

The White House and the vice president’s office did not respond to our requests for comment or clarification. But Birx told the New York Times that the test she alluded to with a 47 to 50% false positive rate was not the WHO test, but rather a diagnostic used in China.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because you will not provide an example, I will conclude that you are mistaken and therefore a poor judge of character.

Because you choose not to explain this, I will surmise that you are in favor of unwarranted personal attacks.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinse, thank you for the clarification as to the false negatives on the test kits.

Early on in this event, much of the news reporting was lacking in accuracy.

The important thing is for people to follow the guidelines to stop the spread of the virus. Areas that have done this are faring much better than areas that have not.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2020 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The important thing is for people to follow the guidelines to stop the spread of the virus. Areas that have done this are faring much better than areas that have not.

QFT
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a growing # of self absorbed people that continue to call for dumping the distancing and isolation protocols and just let the chips fall..'let 'em die if that's what it takes for the economy to get back to growing. What it really is, they are worried about their portfolios, and the really sad part is that most of the ones I see doing it, even tho they are my age, are at far less risk of contracting Covid19 than the people they want to go back to work. They, like myself, already are and have been for years, in far more isolation than the vast majority of the nation. They claim "It's a risk I'm willing to take to ensure the nation survives and doesn't suffer for generations to come" but the reality is, they are simply advocating putting the many millions of OTHER PEOPLE that live & work in cities and towns at risk simply to insure their own portfolios and financial legacy remains intact so they will have something to pass on to their children and grandchildren.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-25-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

What it really is, they are worried about their portfolios...

The more things change, the more they stay the same. It's all about money.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2020 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Don edited his post before I could quote what I wished to quote but, reference my portfolio, I'm spending my kids inheritance just as fast as my General Contractor can build. Bought a new truck and have told the "kids" they can fight over what's left over when I'm gone. I never promised them a rose garden.

I am practicing "Social Distancing", I don't like being around large groups anyway. Washing my hands more than I ever have in the past and trying to not touch my face, nose, eyes or lips. That's the hard part, when I've got an itch, I'm gonna scratch it.

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think anything has already been said here about this? From one of the nation's most successful regional magazines.

"Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic"

The grocer started communicating with Chinese counterparts in January and was running tabletop simulations a few weeks later.

Dan Solomon and Paula Forbes for Texas Monthly; March 26, 2020.
https://www.texasmonthly.co...oronavirus-pandemic/

Two big paragraphs at the very top of the article:

San Antonio-based H-E-B has been a steady presence amid the [coronavirus] crisis. The company began limiting the amounts of certain products customers were able to purchase in early March; extended its sick leave policy and implemented social distancing measures quickly; limited its hours to keep up with the needs of its stockers; added a coronavirus hotline for employees in need of assistance or information; and gave employees a $2 an hour raise on March 16, as those workers, many of whom are interacting with the public daily during this pandemic, began agitating for hazard pay.

This isn’t the first time H-E-B has done a good job of managing a disaster—it played an important role in helping the Gulf Coast recover from Hurricane Harvey in the immediate aftermath of the storm—which led us to ask: How did a regional supermarket chain develop systems that allow it to stay ahead of a crisis as big as this one? We spoke with nearly a dozen employees, executives, and customers to better understand—in their words—how H-E-B has taken on its unique role in shaping its business around the needs of Texans in the midst of trying circumstances.

The remainder of the article consists of paragraph-sized remarks from various H-E-B "bignitaries" (like the company's president) and other managers and employees, and some of H-E-B's retail-level customers. Here's what happened when H-E-B's director of emergency preparedness, Justen "Different Strokes for Different" Noakes, led off for the home team in their first turn to bat:

Just a little bit of history: we have been working on our pandemic and influenza plan for quite a while now, since 2005, when we had the threat of H5N1 overseas in China. That’s when we first developed what our plan looked like, [as well as] some of our requirements and business implications. In 2009, we actually used that plan in response to H1N1, when the swine flu came to fruition in Cibolo, and refined it, made it more of an influenza plan. We’ve continued to revise it, and it’s been a part of our preparedness plan at H-E-B ever since.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I don't think anything has already been said here about this? From one of the nation's most successful regional magazines.

"Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic"

Heh, HEB. San Antonio-based H-E-B has been a steady presence amid the [coronavirus] crisis. I grew up in San Antonio and know HEB well. In fact, I lived in Kerrville TX (60 miles from SA) and the first HEB store started there, in 1905. (Actually the first one was about ten miles from Kerrville, in Center Point, as a Mom/Pop store.)

HEB started expanding, gee, around 1980's to nearby towns, some stores being HEB Pantry till they gained a market footing. I have seen these in Houston area 2001 or so. They had their own construction company. I have a good friend who did a lot of work for HEB.

Your article says ...

Just a little bit of history: we have been working on our pandemic and influenza plan for quite a while now, since 2005, when we had the threat of H5N1 overseas in China.

Yet every administration has to do it their way, .
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Yet every administration has to do it their way, .

?

I don't understand your remark. Not any kind of emergency. Just a "remark not understood" advisory message.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-26-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
H-E-B in Texas is a lot like Blue Bell Ice Cream and Whataburger. More than just a business...they are Texas institutions.
H-E-B's produce is almost on par with Whole Foods but has been around longer than WF made any significant imprint in Texas.
(I've been IN WF, but have never bought any of their high price yuppie crap)

Football player JJ Watt started a relief fund right after hurricane Harvey and H-E-B donated $5 million to it.
When Irma hit florida, H-E-B sent 10 truckloads of food and hygiene products to Publix stores in Fla because Publix had sent food to Houston when Ike hit.

The H-E-B closest to me (7 miles away) is a smaller and older store, but has done OH SO MUCH better at keeping stocked than it's rival Walmart Super Center 1/4 mile away down the same road.

(The other local store, Brookshire Bros (HQ in Tyler Tx) has been around a lot longer than H-E-B but is crap compared to it's competitor, and is way high on their prices and their meat is horrible.)

People here are fiercely loyal to H-E-B.

https://texashillcountry.co...help-harvey-victims/

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I don't understand your remark.

Well, HEB's business model of being a community member is an old tried and true (improvements as needed) method.

Fighting a virus should be the same way.

Nobama chose to let Ebola have a chance to gain a foothold. Bush too scrambled when faced with the same thing. They all had to have experts, and a team, to address the issue, quell the press and sooth the American public.

Specific virus issues do come up (currently ventilators and hospital space) but that should have been planned for long ago. Or now, for the future.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A great example of how the private sector is better managed than government.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A great example of how the private sector is better managed than government.

Amazing how that works isn't it? When you have bureaucrats in Washington or where ever making decisions that affect us all, and don't have anything to lose on the line, they can make decisions all the time and not care about the results. In private sector decisions have consequences. You screw up you lose, or you make changes as necessary to prevent the losses. In government you screw up, you can still get your paycheck and your pension. No incentive, either negative or positive results in disaster.
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harry S Truman: "The Buck Stops Here".

Donald Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all"

Yup, he's a great leader.....................

https://host2.advertisingan...0-82df-18e3f6e2237e/
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, who was it that said "At this point, why does it even matter?"?

Stuff a sock in it, Hal.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stuff a sock in it, Hal.

Benghazi.

That was my first thought, upon encountering this message.

I don't want to participate in any scapegoating or unjustified attacks upon President Trump and his handling of this (coronavirus.)

Having said that, I don't think that he's done very well with it, overall, and I think if the U.S. is spared further unnecessary damage and suffering, including both patient outcomes and monetary and economy-related developments and outcomes, it will only be because cooler and more analytical heads than the one that's conspicuously covered with "orange hair" will be seen to have prevailed,
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Benghazi said that?

Wow!

I'm certainly glad Ben isn't running the country......although Im sure if he was, the response to COVID-19 would be on par with H1N1....

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-27-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Benghazi said that?

Wow!

I think rinselberg sneezed. I hope he was wearing a mask.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Harry S Truman: "The Buck Stops Here".

Yup, he's a great leader.....................

You quoted SEVEN WORDS

Just seven words out of an entire exchange with a reporter.

There are:

1. LIES of commission; Fabricating falsehoods. Creating false information in order to deceive.

2. LIES of omission; Intentionally leaving out pertinent information, data or context in order to deceive.

YOU chose to LIE (by omission), by stating just SEVEN WORDS out of an entire exchange with a reporter.

Let's look at the entire exchange:

"Trump was asked by a reporter if he takes responsibility for the lack of testing capabilities and if he can guarantee everyone who needs a test will be given one.

“No, I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time. It wasn’t meant for this kind of an event,” the president said during a Rose Garden speech.

He went on to say that the system of responding to an outbreak wasn’t designed for “the kind of numbers that we’re talking about” and added that the response system was “redesigned” very quickly with the help of the coronavirus task force, led by Vice President Mike Pence.

“And we’re now in very, very strong shape,” Trump said, noting that there will be the ability to test millions in a “very quick period of time.”

“We are going to be leaving a very indelible print for the future in case something like this happens again,” he continued. “And, frankly, the old system worked very well for smaller numbers, much smaller numbers, but not for these kinds of numbers.”

LEFTISTS ARE COMPULSIVE LIARS

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-28-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your propaganda clip, by Priorities USA, whose mission is to "We are building an infrastructure to achieve these goals and persuade and mobilize voters in order to elect progressives to the presidency, Congress, and state and local office in targeted races in 2020". Does not impress me.

C'mon Habanera Hal, what about the Progressive movement excites you ? How is it going to make a better America ?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stuff a sock in it, Hal.

LYING LEFTIST LIARS LIE

It's what they do.

It's what they have to do because the truth about them is so abhorrent.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reference hospitals, Mississippi is preparing it’s National Guard barracks to facilitate a hospital over run should it be necessary. Mississippi’s Governor toured Camp Shelby today with his Emergency Management Coordinator. (My daughter’s former boss). Camp Shelby could house about 500 patients.

There are also other options. All public schools are shut down, if needed, I see no reason they could not be utilized on a as needed emergency basis.

Ventilators should not be an issue either, hospitals are not doing any elective surgeries so, the breathing apparatuses used in operating rooms should also be made available. Just my uninformed/unqualified opinion.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2020 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aww, gee. My mistake. it was ONLY 3 million! Guess I factored in all the other more qualified candidates that received votes.

Just to be clear about the popular vote, from https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php :

Clinton: 48.02%

Trump: 45.93%

And to also be clear, I'm no fan of Hilary Clinton, but she certainly wouldn't have put this country through the chaos the Orange One has for the last three years.

The amount of time that one must spend in hate is mind blowing.

Still your President. And will be for the next 5 years.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2020 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three weeks ago, someone requested that I update the info in this thread:

from here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/124785.html#p34

Originally posted by slicknick:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/124777.html

How bout updating that screenshot

So, here is an update on the situation from today:

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2020 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..Leadership..

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://amgreatness.com/202...facade-of-authority/

There IS some merit to that, but using the same analogy the writer did, the mechanic that was called had to rely only on what the stranded driver told him. He didn't go out and look at or listen to the vehicle. The mechanic also didn't know the area the stranded driver was in or the driver's ability to defend his self.
Short on details, long on supposition and the analogy's inputs were specifically tailored to show a predetermined and quite biased outcome of possibility. That isn't science..it's narrative.

With only 1 real set of data upon which to model (China's) and that one being at least a little suspect regarding how many were really infected and total casualties, I can understand why the models were way on the high side of potential infections and fatalities. Look at the number of people here at PFF/OT that expressed huge doubts that China's reported numbers were anywhere near accurate...most everyone thought (and probably still do) that it was way worse in China than was being reported.

Hindsight may be 20/20 but any foresight at all is still better than forging forward completely blind.

Interesting comments under an article that screams about this being so politicized...about 3/4 of the comments are political in nature.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-13-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

..Leadership..

But couldn't have Adolph Hitler said that very same thing?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2020 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actions speak louder than words.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actions speak louder than words.

Not around here.
Not in today's America.
Partisanship is rule.

And you know it.

I have never heard you say a single thing against someone you proudly professed to support.
Not a single thing they got wrong.

And you don't find that even slightly strange?
Please.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-14-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a lot of things I find that are strange about the way people act on this Forum.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are a lot of things I find that are strange about the way people act on this Forum.

Hey, we drive Fieros. What did you expect?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't find it a bit strange. What you are asking for is what comes from the opposing party and it's members, which is why they are called the opposition. It is and always has been their prerogative to find fault in the candidate or representative of the opposing party. My first memory of politics was after the '56 election and it came from my parents as a very strong dislike of Dwight Eisenhower, who was a very popular man due to having been supreme allied commander Europe WW2.
Even tho Ike continued most of FDR's New Deal, my parents constantly spoke badly of him, but as soon as JFK won, I never heard a bad word about that politician, nor of LBJ or Carter or Bill Clinton and my father was furious that congress and the news had the nerve to question what he deemed to be Clinton's private life..the Lewinski thing. My mother thought FDR had hung the moon and thought even more of his wife Eleanor even long after I was a young teen and FDR had been dead for years. But, when Nixon won, you would have thought satan himself had just been inaugurated and both my parents blamed the whole of the Vietnam War on Nixon tho he simply inherited the war from JFK and LBJ.

I never heard Pelosi once speak badly of Obama or Biden either. Or of HRC. Funny how that is huh?
Not really.
The opposition...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-14-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAGA2020
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock