Seems like prepping is going mainstream by 2.5
Started on: 03-13-2020 09:55 AM
Replies: 21 (461 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-18-2020 05:08 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All at once...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep. I guess people can use all that extra toilet paper to make face masks out of.......
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They aren't very smart preppers.

Isn't hard to figure out stocking up on Imodium takes up a lot less room than stocking up on toilet paper.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Isn't hard to figure out stocking up on Imodium takes up a lot less room than stocking up on toilet paper.

I think they are the opposite of preppers, they are why we prep.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

You evidently don't know much about female renal/kidney/bladder functions or their frequency........imodium ain't gonna alter that one bit.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My family is down to 2 spare rolls of TP. So I went looking yesterday and there is no TP on the shelves. While I was at Menards they did have 12 pack rolls of Paper Towels. So I thought what the heck. Paper is paper, so I bought a pack. Today I used my Japanese pull saw to cut one roll in half. It works, but it will be a last resort since the Paper Towels are much coarser than TP. But, I do have an option.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You evidently don't know much about female renal/kidney/bladder functions or their frequency........imodium ain't gonna alter that one bit.

Fire up the compressor, run a line and blow gun into the bathroom. Problem solved.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two limit paper products at local grocery. Signs EVERYWHERE. Losers still loading their carts up and standing in line. No toilet paper to be found. Spoke with my neighbor a moment ago, and he tells me to go early in the morning. I am up at 4:30 am, and now I need to get tp for the family as coffee brews.

In line? I spent just over three hours grocery shopping! One hour attempting to gather what is needed, and two hours in line waiting on checkout. Ridiculous, but I am so thankful for the staff. They are really working hard to keep things rolling, and can only imagine how difficult it is at this moment of panic.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Seems like prepping is going mainstream."

No just same lame Panic Buying for any storm but nationwide w/ Fueled by MSM saying BS and trying to attack Trump.

Last week some vendors @ local flea market have jack price of several things gone from many stores.

I had a hard time buying even High $ P100 w/ carbon mask.
Needed one for car paint and Roundup because weeds are already a problem here.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

My family is down to 2 spare rolls of TP. So I went looking yesterday and there is no TP on the shelves. While I was at Menards they did have 12 pack rolls of Paper Towels. So I thought what the heck. Paper is paper, so I bought a pack. Today I used my Japanese pull saw to cut one roll in half. It works, but it will be a last resort since the Paper Towels are much coarser than TP. But, I do have an option.

I'll sell ya some. $5 a roll and you pay the shipping.

Actually, you don't have 2 rolls of TP. You have 4 rolls.
Just separate the plys......

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you seen eBay? $20 per MRE...
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just returned from the local Walmart. I went there for printer paper (for the office printer ).

It was business as usual. The parking lot seemed fuller than usual but inside there were no crowds, no sense of urgency. No masks, rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, or toilet paper on the shelves of course, but everything else looked to be in normal supply. Everyone was doing what looked like everyday shopping with maybe a few extra bulk items of course.

There were a few 8 packs of individual size bottled water still left on the shelves. Yeah, I bought a few.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear GM is offering 48 month low interest payments on new pickups if ya use 2 cases of toilet paper as a down payment.
Dodge on the other hand, is offering 2 cases of toilet paper to customers as an incentive to buy one of their trucks.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-14-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I'll sell ya some. $5 a roll and you pay the shipping.

Actually, you don't have 2 rolls of TP. You have 4 rolls.
Just separate the plys......

My wife just scored a 12 pack of TP at one of the local stores. They are limiting it to one pack per customer.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I DO NOT want to contribute to the insanity of this panic buying, I was reminded by my wife that STAPLES office supply stores stock bottled water, toilet paper, etc.

My daughter and her family were out of TP and couldn't find any anywhere.

She took our advice and went to STAPLES and called back to report that they had plenty of "moon tape" and that she stocked up enough for 2-3 months.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I find the city and suburban folks all going nuts and buying/hoarding and filling their ticky tacky houses full of crap funny as hell.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its bad, not horrible and we can order things we need online.
But the sheep, they have no idea what to do.

Lisa was at the store yesterday teaching people how to make peanut butter, bread and pasta.
How you can get the noodles and bouillon cubes or powder to make soup.
She said people were just standing looking at displays of water that were empty but boxes of water on the floor were untouched.
Empty egg displays but freezers full of eggs right next to it that had plenty of eggs.

Finally they have started to ration and only let people buy one or two items to stop the hoarders.
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wife and I have been prepping for years.

Asked why one time, because why not. you have insurance on our cars just incase we need it one day.

We don't hoard guns, where tinfoil hats or shave our heads to honor the moon god... we just have always felt it was wise.

This last week.. oh ya we feel quite proud of our selves watching these crazies go buy butt wipes instead of beans and rice.

life is good.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stuck and need some tp - check out an RV supplier for some RV tp.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2020 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all the times we who advocated having emergency supplies and were laughed at...he who laughs last...
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was beginning to learn about prepping for hurricanes, but got away from it the last time we moved.
Then we had Hurricane Michael, and I still didn't start over.
And now, well, I'm really wishing I had not put it off.
No issues yet, however... knock on wood.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Back in the day, when I was doing the brown acid (I think it was) despite Public Information Alerts, we washed diapers.

The blue acid is good also. You can drink tap water.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock