Going to a Small Venue Concert Tonight by MadMark
Started on: 03-06-2020 02:28 PM
Replies: 6 (154 views)
Last post by: MadMark on 03-13-2020 07:04 AM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2020 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a whole movement across the country for small venue shows. My wife and I have been into the scene for a couple of years now. Love the music in an intimate small studio.

The one we are going to tonight is called Farmhouse Folk. A couple we know just bought an old farm house last year and converted the old pig sty into a music hall. It only holds just over 30 people, but they have some really neat acts come through. Tonight it is Danika & the Jeb. All the way from Nashville, TN. That is a ways for us in Michigan. I will leave a sample of their work from YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zRnWfnMFtDo?list=RDcuL2slrnB-g
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-06-2020 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love those shows. Always hated crowds.

Best one I ever got to was Jeff Healy and Colin James. Maybe 80 people, white table cloths dinner and a dance floor. Early-mid 90s. Haven't been to one as good since.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2020 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I love those shows. Always hated crowds.

Best one I ever got to was Jeff Healy and Colin James. Maybe 80 people, white table cloths dinner and a dance floor. Early-mid 90s. Haven't been to one as good since.

I have been to three different venues so far. White Crow Music Conservatory in Saginaw, MI. 20 Front St. Lake Orion, MI. And the Farmhouse Folk. There are a lot of smaller venue places all across the country. Some are even in houses and called house concerts. Pretty neat. Good music. Good friends. And low cost.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2020 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We used to go to small venues like those...sometimes at a ranch out west of San Angelo.
Other times at places we called dancehalls. Saw/heard quite a few 'stars' before they were stars.

Click to show

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-06-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2020 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

We used to go to small venues like those...sometimes at a ranch out west of San Angelo.
Other times at places we called dancehalls. Saw/heard quite a few 'stars' before they were stars.

Click to show

I have a conference I am scheduled to go to in early April in San Antonio for Car Washes. My customer has already bought tickets and hotel reservations for me to go. So I am now reconsidering whether this is the best thing to do. I am going to wait until closer to the even before I make a decision. They might even cancel or reschedule it if the Covid-19 outbreak gets bad. Who knows.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know, San Antonio has only had one Covid patient, and that was one that was brought into Lackland AFB and has been in quarantine in the military hospital there for several weeks.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2020 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maryjane, it was cancelled already. I still am planning on going to the MRWA, Michigan Rural Water Association Expo next week. I looked yesterday and it was still scheduled.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock