Started on: 03-02-2020 09:39 AM
Replies: 3 (248 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 03-12-2020 09:56 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2020 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.thegatewaypundi...-camp-on-their-land/

This was exactly the situation in the area I left last summer. The dopers would camp out anywhere they wanted, and when the cops were called they get a gentle "move along ". Then they would retaliate by vandilizing the home, building or cars parked there and nothing happened about it.

A lot of decent homeowners and tenants just left rather than keep dealing with the downhill slide.

Talked to my old building manager yesterday and they have roving security now, with 2 different guards beaten into the hospital the past 4 months.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2020 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has inspired me with a simple plan. What if we charter a bus to pick up a load of homeless folks from Sacramento and drop them off with lock, stock, and barrel at a nearby vineyard owned by a certain ranking member of the House? This would:

1) provide a much nicer location to assert squatter's rights and be a real step up for the comfort and safety of the participants

2) create a test case to see if some so-called property owners (i.e. member of House) have 'more rights' than others (i.e. any of these unfortunate business and home owners who have been ruled against in court for trying to assert their property rights)

3) raise some money to help the participants (e.g. at the same time we can run a nationwide lottery to guess the Day and Time when the participants will be evicted, giving 50% to the Winner and 50% to the selfsame homeless to use however they see fit).

Naturally a news crew will need to be on hand to interview participants and to shame property owner. What do you think? Could this move us away from Politics and kick off discussion about actual solutions?

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give them a free catered meal, then a bus tour...leaving them in Pelosi's back yard. That or put up a fence...equipped with a big guard dog.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

This has inspired me with a simple plan. What if we charter a bus to pick up a load of homeless folks from Sacramento and drop them off with lock, stock, and barrel at a nearby vineyard owned by a certain ranking member of the House? This would:

1) provide a much nicer location to assert squatter's rights and be a real step up for the comfort and safety of the participants

2) create a test case to see if some so-called property owners (i.e. member of House) have 'more rights' than others (i.e. any of these unfortunate business and home owners who have been ruled against in court for trying to assert their property rights)

3) raise some money to help the participants (e.g. at the same time we can run a nationwide lottery to guess the Day and Time when the participants will be evicted, giving 50% to the Winner and 50% to the selfsame homeless to use however they see fit).

Naturally a news crew will need to be on hand to interview participants and to shame property owner. What do you think? Could this move us away from Politics and kick off discussion about actual solutions?

I sincerely wish those folks would land at Pelosi's door but, I doubt the outcome would make the news.

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock