Trump in India by MadMark
Started on: 02-24-2020 04:57 PM
Replies: 19 (367 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 02-27-2020 11:12 AM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump arrives in India and is warmly welcomed. I am sure the Democrats and the media are extremely upset by this. But, who cares what they think. Seems like there have been a lot of media reports out there about how Trump is reviled across the world. But, apparently India doesn't fit that mold.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1231866864491466752

Namaste Trump!

I already saw one report where the media was banging on Trump because he said something about a million people. But, there was only several hundred thousand. I would bet Hillary or Bernie would get maybe in the 10's of thousands to show up. If that. I love how Trump can tweek the media and get them to inadvertently show how well he is doing. He is literally living in their heads 24/7.

Oh, and how about our first lady? Isn't she classy?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Narendra Modi. The Prime Minister of India. Modi and his Hindu nationalist-leaning political and patronage support system. Ya' think he might have had something to do with the numbers of people that are seen as welcoming President Trump?

I trust Narendra Modi about as far as I could throw a printing of the Hindu Vedas. If I had a printing of the Hindu Vedas.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-24-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hell, they are just grateful that it isn't Trudeau coming back!

Not hard for Trump to out-class that idiots fiasco.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think India is the next China, economically. But, if you can't draw a crowd in India, well....you ain't in India.
Such a poor people with such a rich history and complex culture.

There is an amazing Jazz Fusion scene growing in India.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19334 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Why are the Canadians the only ones dressed like Indians in that picture?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2020 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because our PM is a buffoon.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Why are the Canadians the only ones dressed like Indians in that picture?

It's a "tourist" thing.

Rams
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

It's a "tourist" thing.

Rams

We have that same problem here.

Canadian tourists come here and insist on dressing up in our traditional native garb.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-24-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

And outside India too:

https://www.youtube.com/wat...XT4&feature=emb_logo

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-24-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

We have that same problem here.

Tourists come here and insist on dressing up in our traditional native garb.

I tried that. Besides the retching and screams of "put some clothes on for god's sake, you fat **** " a bunch of guys with tasers were carrying on about arrest and deportation. Explaining I was just modeling for Ron's thong calendar didn't seem to matter to them.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Explaining I was just modeling for Ron's thong calendar didn't seem to matter to them.

I always wondered why I got that threatening letter from the state of Florida...……… No names were mentioned though.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And outside India too:

I posted that same video a couple of years ago: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/120634.html
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I posted that same video a couple of years ago: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/120634.html

I guess I missed you posting it.

A good friend of mine who lives in Navi Mumbai put me onto them about the same time you posted that.

I've been to India 3 times and have heard local TV and radio playing everything from traditional Indian music to western rock & roll, hip hop and American country music.

THE most "international moment" I've ever experienced though was about 12 years ago when I was staying at a hotel In Madrid, Spain and was watching TV in my room late one night tuned in to a French TV station that was showing an old video of the Korean Children's Choir singing "My Old Kentucky Home" in English.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caught this on TV late last night and just thought it was very cool:

The Indian Presidential Body Guard (Cavalry), is impressive.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-25-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

God, this is so awkward. I assume he thinks he was trying to be respectful, but it's really over the top, and embarrassing. You can express your appreciation for the culture without doing that. It's seriously overboard, and an embarrassment.

I have a lot of friends from India, and I'm honestly appreciative about what the new PM is doing to change things. The whole purpose of creating a separate India and Pakistan was to give territory to the Muslim fundamentalists, and then give a side for everyone else. Islam, by virtue of the religion, seeks to take complete control of the world and convert everyone. Period... this is incontrovertible fact. The PM of India knows the intentions of the radical Muslim population of India, and has sought to protect India from being overtaken or compromised politically and religiously from those who are pro-Islam radicals, and to protect India's culture and history. Muslims have full rights in India, just as everyone else does. The only thing is that Islam doesn't get additional rights. The right of the Indian government to restrict who and what type of people may become citizens of India are totally within their right. Pakistan absolutely does not treat Hindus or any other religion the same. Islam is the dominant religion, and the other religions are treated VERY badly... and their rights are absolutely infringed.

There are only two countries with a Hindu Majority (that's India, and Nepal).

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 02-27-2020).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2020 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think India is the next China, economically. But, if you can't draw a crowd in India, well....you ain't in India.
Such a poor people with such a rich history and complex culture.

Fusion?? Got any links to bands?

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 02-26-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Fusion?? Got any referrals to bands?

I put a little bit in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/124722.html

But look for anything with Mohini Dey and/or Abhijith P S Nair. They are in the third video in that thread.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And outside India too:

Damn, that is awesome... what a great video!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock