Started on: 02-12-2020 02:47 PM
Replies: 87 (1606 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 03-01-2020 03:48 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rinse.

Lessee here. My 1st ex is from Guyana and my kids are mixed.

I have a confederate battle flag tattoo. It's been there for almost 40 years. My kids are in their early 20s.

Do you want to do the supremist math, or do I need to do that for you?
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I will repeat my question, and ask specifically for a response from a person who sees racism in our President's policies.

Seems like a good place to leave this....
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Rinse. Lessee here. My 1st ex is from Guyana and my kids are mixed.

I have a confederate battle flag tattoo. It's been there for almost 40 years. My kids are in their early 20s.

Do you want to do the supremist math, or do I need to do that for you?

Having a Confederate battle flag tattoo is not the same as glorifying the Confederacy.

Not unless you purposely display your tattoo to other people in the kinds of circumstances where other people can not reasonably be expected to understand it as anything other than your public expression of the idea of "Yeah, it's too bad the Confederate states lost the Civil War. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't have to put up with all these people nowadays who are so thin-skinned about the legacy of Slavery and Jim Crow--legacies which I so much like to remind people of, using public spaces, like this city park."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-13-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Having a Confederate battle flag tattoo is not the same as glorifying the Confederacy.

Not unless you purposely display your tattoo to other people in the kinds of circumstances where other people can not reasonably be expected to understand it as anything other than your public expression of the idea of "Yeah, it's too bad the Confederate states lost the Civil War. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't have to put up with all these people nowadays who are so thin-skinned about the legacy of Slavery and Jim Crow--legacies which I so much like to remind people of, using public spaces, like this city park."

But you aren't really talking about how it's presented....you are talking about how it's perceived. For many, the very fact that even a picture of that flag is present is too much, just as a statue is way too much. I have seen people's vehicles in Little Rock Arkansas damaged and threats made for no other reason than the car owner had a confederate flag where their front lic plate would normally be and more often than not, the damage is inflicted on a parked car with no one in it or around it. That is bigotry itself and a bigoted/racist perception with the perpetrator having no idea what the real intent or thought process of the vehicle owner was. It a case of not intent, but that a perception caused by nothing more than that the emblem even exists.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On September 15, 2001 Balbir Singh Sodhi was killed because he was wearing a turban. The killing had nothing to do with Mr. Sodhi's beliefs, he was a Sikh. Sodhi died because of the killer's beliefs, just as did nearly 3,000 others, four days earlier.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I build anyone a cry closet?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we are on the same page about this.

There has been misconduct on both sides (or all sides) of it. About the Confederate flag and other symbols of the Confederacy.

Perhaps a review of my previous message is in order.

There's a difference between (your) having a Confederacy-centric tattoo VS (your) brandishing a Confederacy-centric tattoo as if it were some kind of stage prop at a White Nationalist organized event, where and when you are not actually part of a First Amendment Freedom of Speech and Assembly-protected White Nationalist organized event, but are only in some public place like a city park, at a time when and a place where no such White Nationalist-themed event has been permitted to take place by the responsible municipal authorities. (That should be clear enough.)

I don't know whether this tattoo that was referenced would normally be visible to others in his presence, or not.

There's a gray area or middle ground between the two boundary conditions of it that I really cannot let myself be discussing at this moment.

But my overarching concern in the expressions that I have inserted into this Topic space is not about the issues that attend the existence and display of Confederate symbols like the well known Battle Flag of the Confederate Army.

My concern is about forum members resorting to name calling against other forum members in their expressions on these kinds of topics.

I'm against it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-13-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I'm against it.

No, no you are not.

Where did the non white racist go? Chris? Leg to stand on?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-13-2020).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can always depend on you to piss out a huge puddle of your stupid and mentally ill nonsense and then watch you gleefully wallow in it Ronald

There's a difference between (your) having a Confederacy-centric tattoo VS (your) brandishing a Confederacy-centric tattoo as if it were some kind of stage prop at a White Nationalist organized event, where and when you are not actually part of a First Amendment Freedom of Speech and Assembly-protected White Nationalist organized event, but are only in some public place like a city park, at a time when and a place where no such White Nationalist-themed event has been permitted to take place by the responsible municipal authorities. (That should be clear enough.)

LEFTISTS: Not only trying to decide for everyone else what symbols mean but also deciding for everyone else when, where and if they can be displayed.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-13-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know whether this tattoo that was referenced would normally be visible to others in his presence, or not.

What difference would that make? And why?
It's his body, he can do as he wishes with it.

If someone is offended by it being visible, then it is the viewer that has made the decision to be offended, and before anyone can be offended, they must first make that decision and choice to BE offended. I will always choose not to be, regardless of what I see or read.

Many people know of the six flags that have flown over Texas during it's existence. (Yes, it is a fact that Six Flags Amusement Parks are so named because of the six flags most people think about in Texas history) These 6 flags are today flown at almost every Texas State park, and in front of many official state facilities, tho some also fly 2-3 additional flags as tribute to part of Texas history.
This is the State Park at Presidio La Bahia, the most militarily contested place in Texas.

The Alamo I believe, only flies 8, as the Bahia flag wouldn't be appropriate for that shrine.
There are many people, that want that Confederate flag removed permanently. If more people recognized it for what it is, many more probably would too. It's mere presence, tho so many hundreds of miles away from him ..may even offend Synthesis. That, is his choice.

I have seen this flag many times, and it does not invoke good memories for me personally. I saw and endured great suffering and witnessed and caused much death because of that flag, but I've even seen it flown here in my home state by immigrants. It does not offend me. I choose not to be. Nor do I bear ill will toward those that choose to fly it. The very constitution that I fought for and swore to uphold and protect guarantees them via the 1st amendment the right to fly that flag.

Perhaps I'm just not 'woke' enough?

Nor am I upset with Synthesis and his posts in this thread. That same constitutional right applies to him and everyone else here. We simply 'choose' different paths and different ways to deal with the past.

Do people in this country have a right to be offended?
I've never looked in the Constitution for that specific right but they do have the right to express their unhappiness.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-14-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my. A thread to raise some humor for me created this buzz saw ? It is not like me to not participate in a topic I start. Sorry peeps, my health and abilities are not up to par. I see I should have followed this one closer but I am having difficulties keeping up with all topics in T/OT. I do have other issues in life I also have to contend with.
I will jump back in the best I can.

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Synthesis, good to hear from you. I hope things have been well with you, knowing that life, like weather, ebbs and flows. I would also like to wish you a great new year in 2020.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Synthesis, I just checked (and was right), that you have had a positive from me, … since I don't know when. For a reason I had this :

Charles M. King. search T/OT
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.....t a White Nationalist organized event......

Strike 3, your out

I am white

I am a nationalist (as opposed to a globalist)

And those events are called political speeches, specifically conservative -type ones.

Do some research on the Veterans Coalition Party up here. Or the PPC.

As for brandishing... Yeh that's what happens when I wear a white shirt, or my sleeve pulls up reaching for a donut. I'm not too worried about it.

Damn, you gotta try a lot harder than that
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis has not been guilty of any name calling in this thread, and he certainly did not begin (Tony Kania's word, implies the very first message from Synthesis in this space) with any name calling.

Is this an omission or a commission on your part?

"Everyone who glorifies the Confederacy in 2019 is a white supremacist. It's a very clear message."

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everyone who glorifies the Confederacy in 2019 is a white supremacist. It's a very clear message.

That is a commission on my part. Very intentional. Forum member Synthesis was not Name Calling with that (in my "book.")

It's not as exact or as "black and white" as (some) scientific discriminations that are made, in the field of (for example) Astrophysics.

There's kind of an "I cannot provide a perfect definition of Name Calling, but I know it when I see it," aspect to it. (That should ring a bell.)

If there's a consistent pattern to it, where it can be predicted for a specific forum member, based on their "priors" (their history of public messaging), that's a strong clue that it's Name Calling.

Another clue is how a specific forum member reacts to being called out for Name Calling. Called out by someone with a proven track record for accuracy in the fast growing profession of Name Calling recognition (like me.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-14-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2020 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When three white men are walking down a street Ronald, do you cross sides because of TDS? Michael Moore does.

Or, are you more this boat?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-13-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
In all my years here, and of all the thousands of threads I've read here, this is the most stupid one. Period.

In that this is an election year with a seriously divided country, there's significant opportunity for an even more "stupid" one. (Using your term)

Records (ya know) are made to be broken.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This post isn't about Trump/Republicans vs NotTrump/Democrats. This is about the systemic racism and violence I grew up with in a relatively "civilized" area of the "Deep South (tm)".

This post is about anything you want. I never claimed it was about Trump/Republicans vs NotTrump/Democrats. In fact, the erasure and redefining of American history started happening under the previous administration.

The Rebel Flag is garbage.

Your opinion is noted. That does not make it fact. I suspect there are more than two opinions, with many differing reasons.

I grew up in one of the worst places, where there was the "wrong" side of the tracks, and the "white" side of the tracks.

Their are many "tracks" in this world. Some economic, some cultural, some religious, some educational. Others. I am surprised people still desire to live "by the tracks". People on each side of the tracks.
I wonder what kind of tracks caused blacks to sell other blacks to slave merchants.

I watched friends get gunned down because they were black. I lived through racism of my own as a white man by being one of the few who had no issues with someone's skin color in an area where skin color determined your worth.

You haven't convinced me. Some people need killing. Your demeanor in your reply gives me no confidence in your opinion either. In fact, you come off as racist. At least displaying some tendencies. Learned behavior ?

Confederacy wasn't just a treasonous rebellion against the United States of America (though it was definitely that). It was a rebellion against freedom, liberty, justice, and equality for all men, women, and children.

100 years out of the treasonous rebellion against the United Kingdom, it was a rebellion by like minded States / Colonies for self freedom. A rebellion against half of their own citizens, as many still wanted to live on their knees, under the thumb of the King's edicts.

It was a treasonous rebellion to protect the institution of racial enslavement. They hated freedom for all so much that they decided to kill their fellow citizens rather than allow black people to be free.

Again, your opinion is noted. Again, it is not the only opinion and many times, events happen with multiple reasons. You forgot to mention during the Civil War families fought and killed members of their own.

Those who continue to celebrate the Confederacy, or protect commemorations of their treasonous cause (like the neo-Nazi terrorist that killed Heather Heyer), are showing themselves to be deeply unpatriotic and against the idea of what America is supposed to be.

Again, your opinion is noted. Who elected you top define what the idea of what America is supposed to be. America is a diverse nation with many diverse opinions.

There is literally nothing more fundamentally anti-American than Confederate sympathy.

Again, your opinion is noted.

Everyone who glorifies the Confederacy in 2019 is a white supremacist. It's a very clear message.

One thing I notice strikingly familiar is the way you think and that of a racist.

I'm done sitting on the sidelines as I watch hatred destroy the country I love.

No, your not done sitting on the sidelines. In fact, you are sitting on the sidelines right now.

Stop the ****ing name-calling. I am not a "lib-tard" or a "lefty" or any other derogatory name you want to stick to me. I am not some name. I am a living, breathing, feeling, human being who doesn't give a **** anymore about who you support or what party you are in. To support and idolize something like the Confederacy, the Confederate flag, or the people who support these, is to support the ideals they represent.

Let's see if you can tell the truth.
I have not called you one name, nor accused you of anything. You already seem to have quit responding, allowing the status quo to continue. Which is one thing which has allowed "racism" to continue.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I forgot.
Synthesis, how about this racist flag.

Click to show
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2020 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please remove that link Cliff. It led me to an image from a place and time that reminds me bad stuff and people died because of it.

I may need a safe space or cry closet this morning.

Maybe I should do this to atone.....?
https://www.youtube.com/pla...ylXu335JonV5cpJiLX2q

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-19-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only recognize and support one flag

i consider it traitorous to do otherwise.

Just my opinion.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'Rebel' to your heart's content. If you can find your way to a TV archive that has it. A likely "bi-coastal" attitude.

Admittedly, I don't cover a large area in my real world perambulations, but if I think back to the time when I encountered a Confederate Army battle flag or anything like that "in situ"... I can't think of any moment more recent than a family vacation by car that went from St Louis to Miami Beach and back. I was just a "tadpole." I think it was probably just one of those Cross of St Andrew-themed Southern state flags that were a common sight along the way.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-20-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2020 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Admittedly, I don't cover a large area in my real world perambulations, but if I think back to the time when I encountered a Confederate Army battle flag or anything like that "in situ"... I can't think of any moment more recent than a family vacation by car that went from St Louis to Miami Beach and back. I was just a "tadpole." I think it was probably just one of those Cross of St Andrew-themed Southern state flags that were a common sight along the way.

Rinselberg, second from right, on his way to Florida:

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm done sitting on the sidelines as I watch hatred destroy the country I love.

C'mon ... time is a wasting, at a time which time is critical.
We have a country to save.

What's your plan ?

I lived through racism of my own as a white man by being one of the few who had no issues with someone's skin color in an area where skin color determined your worth.

That's a good thing. Don't get me wrong, as terrible as that era was, it should give you some insight on the causes.

Are you going to punish the Freedom of Speech of those "acting racist", or are you going to change the ideology behind their behavior ?

I didn't mention I (white) also welcomed the friendship of blacks. I though didn't suffer reverse discrimination.

What are some of the causes you noticed ?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

I only recognize and support one flag

i consider it traitorous to do otherwise.

Just my opinion.

I concur.
It is disgusting that there are a few traitors running for office.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Rinselberg, second from right, on his way to Florida:

An interesting photo. Lic plate shows to be N. Dakota but the kids got no shoes...Arkansas?

I can clearly remember utility lines like those in the background. They are different than the lateral lines that carry electrical power.
They usually carried some telephone lines, but were mostly telegraph wires.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't got a clue. I just found it on the internet and couldn't find any info.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Confederates killed more Americans than Muslims have.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-25-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

Faq allah.

Welcome back.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I keep hearing about Trump's racist policies, but I have yet to find any of them.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

And still no examples of the racist policies....
Polly want a cracker?

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And still no examples of the racist policies....Polly want a cracker?

"Riding the Tiger: How Trump enables right-wing extremism."
https://warontherocks.com/2...ight-wing-extremism/

Stephen Tankel for "War on the Rocks"; November 5, 2018.

Stephen Tankel is an associate professor at American University, an adjunct senior fellow at the Center for a New America Security, a senior editor at "War on the Rocks," and the author of "With Us and Against Us: How America’s Partners Help and Hinder the War on Terror."

Not quite "magazine length." At the lower end of that genre ... about THREE common book-sized pages of text.

"Trump’s Focus on ‘Radical Islam’ Downplays Growing Risk From Right-Wing Extremism, Experts Fear"
https://foreignpolicy.com/2...remism-experts-fear/

Emily Tankin, Robbie Gramer and Molly O'Toole for "FP" (Foreign Policy); February 15, 2017.

... since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, anti-government groups have racked up a death toll on par with that of Islamist extremists, according to New America, a think tank, which keeps a database on terrorist incidents. Until the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida, in 2016, in which a New York man pledging allegiance to the Islamic State killed 49 people, far-right extremism caused more deaths in the United States than did jihad.

“The trend lines look very similar,” David Sterman, a terrorism analyst with New America, told FP.

In many respects, the Trump administration is merely trying to further a yearslong effort by conservatives to narrow U.S. counterterrorism strategy to focus on the threat from Islamist radicals. In 2009, DHS reportedly disowned a paper on “right-wing extremism” under political pressure from conservatives.

About the same amount of text as the first one.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-25-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opinion piece, but thanks for playing.

Looking for factual evidence.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Opinion piece, but thanks for playing.

Looking for factual evidence.

To a Leftist, opinions ARE "facts".
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2020 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006

The FLU has killed more Americans than muslims have. So has automobile accidents.

What's your point?

Moreover, what the hell does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

This seems like an appropriate place to drop another one of these :

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-25-2020).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
The FLU has killed more Americans than muslims have. So has automobile accidents.

What's your point?

Moreover, what the hell does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

This seems like an appropriate place to drop another one of these :

no one wants a "new" flu flag, do they? or a "I love auto accidents" flag, do they? these are all things detested, and NOT in need of a rallying symbol. perhaps a Flu strain monument? its history, after all....

but, yes, feel free to find other things which have killed as many or more Americans than confederates. maybe that will help you in seeing why many folks DONT like confederates. perhaps you will actually find within yourself why you are so enamored with this?

I 100% understand the want to rile up "the others". there is a juvenile joy in that, I get that. completely. why I stopped in again.

and, for more fun, there are other rebels beside American killing confederates. maybe you can look to their flags for inspiration? like how about the original 13 colonies and their rebellion? and what flag did they fight against? looks alot like what you are proposing.

but, anyways - back to where it started. Confederates killed more Americans than Muslims have. I dont see a need to rally behind either. but, maybe you can copy the rebel ISIS flag? they are rebels too, doncha know.

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 02-28-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2020 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I dunno. I'm thinking this new virus could use a cheerleading squad to help it along.

Co-ro-na

Co-ro-na

Co-ro-na.

Nope. Just doesn't seem to work without its own flag.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2020 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but, yes, feel free to find other things which have killed as many or more Americans than confederates. maybe that will help you in seeing why many folks DONT like confederates. perhaps you will actually find within yourself why you are so enamored with this?

WRONG conclusion, but then you started with a puerile conflation of issues so you really had nowhere else to go...

Let's drop another one:

It must be terribly difficult for you vainly searching for "confederates" to not like.

Pleasant Riggs Crump died in 1951

Maybe you could attend a civil war reenactment somewhere and shake your fist and shout at the pretend "Rebs".

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-28-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2020 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This topic is the same as anything else when dealing with the left.

They don't like and they don't want and are offended so they decree that nobody is allowed to have it.

A good swift kick in the nuts would change their perspective on what's allowed and what they are not in charge of pretty damn quick.

It would also teach them the difference between a debate and an enforcement action of individual rights... Which is what the flag in question was originally about. Imagine that.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2020 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just read that all Rebel Flags must be removed from Marine bases. Including bumper stickers and the such.

My opinion does not change. I would follow orders though. Such as it may be.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock