Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Anyone knows where to find authentic, non-stock photos?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone knows where to find authentic, non-stock photos? by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 02-11-2020 05:44 AM
Replies: 16 (358 views)
Last post by: AusFiero on 02-12-2020 07:21 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I often need real photo's that don't look stock. So pictures that could have been taken by you or me. But every time I search Google, I get millions of perfect looking stock photos, with perfect looking, smiling people. And everything in the picture is perfectly situated (as if in a restaurant, your glass of wine always comes with a bunch of grapes perfectly draped around your glass). I want pictures that are taken by real people of real situations. With less than perfect people in it. Perhaps a little out of focus. In short, real pictures taken by real people of real situations.

But like I said. Search engines are worthless finding those pictures. Does anyone know where/how to find those pictures? I tried searching for "amateur pictures", but wow - did Google misunderstand me there!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

From
https://www.rollingstone.co...episode-ever-629472/

It's actually from a TV series.

Retrieved with Google (images) using search string "everyday scenes at dinner"
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

But like I said. Search engines are worthless finding those pictures. Does anyone know where/how to find those pictures? I tried searching for "amateur pictures", but wow - did Google misunderstand me there!

LOL

Well most of us are walking around with cameras in our pockets.
I am sure if you want an out of focus finger in the lens picture there are several of us that could provide.

Perhaps start a picture request thread and let the amateur paparazzi go to work.
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

LOL

Well most of us are walking around with cameras in our pockets.
I am sure if you want an out of focus finger in the lens picture there are several of us that could provide.

Perhaps start a picture request thread and let the amateur paparazzi go to work.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I don't have a specific request at the moment. Usually I look for a picture that fits a story. Say for instance that it's a story about someone finding a dead cockroach inside a cupboard. I would need a photo of, you guessed it, a dead cockroach in a cupboard. But not one that's taken by a professional photographer, but one that indeed looks like it was taken by someone with his mobile phone. It has to be believable.

Or it's a story about someone who is having dinner with his friends. I would need a photo of a bunch of friends in a restaurant but that looks like they asked the waiter to take the photo.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11609 posts
Member since Jan 99
Actually a lot like photo's people post on facebook all the time.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would need a photo of, you guessed it, a dead cockroach in a cupboard.

I grabbed a quick shot of this bugger a few minutes ago. After I beat it into submission with my hockey stick, I'll stuff it in a cupboard and grab another shot for you.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
La cucaracha,
la cucaracha
ya puede cocinar!

Porque tiene,
porque no le falta
cerveza por tomar!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-11-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2020 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try creative commons.

Or search for public domain images roach (or whatever )
Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I grabbed a quick shot of this bugger a few minutes ago. After I beat it into submission with my hockey stick, I'll stuff it in a cupboard and grab another shot for you.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is believable. 100% looks and sounds like something that happened. No shenanigans here at all.

See Cliff, We can come through for ya if you need.

Brad
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2020 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had the same problem when I 1st began having problems with aquatic rodents...........Don't ever go searching google images by saying "show me your beaver pictures"...
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DuckDuckGo only gave me aquatic rodents. Sad face...

EDIT: ummm, if you word it like MJ then you get a completely different set of pictures. "Beaver pictures" vs "show me your beaver pictures". Oh my

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 02-12-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

DuckDuckGo only gave me aquatic rodents. Sad face...

Aw come on, he's kind of cute.

Fats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure I am searching correctly.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
😂
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of it has to do with your location. Are you using a VPN? If you use a VPN and try searching from within the United States, you'll get a lot more normal pictures with every-day people on them. The problem is, there's a lot of restrictions and such when it comes to the European Union, and your search results are going to be heavily restricted based on EU law. Not a bad thing really, but you're not going to get a lot of pictures that would otherwise come from Facebook, Wordpress, and other social media sites, like we do in the US. Most countries heavily restrict what the search engines can show.

For example, if you put in "Eating a Cheeseburger," you're probably only going to get pictures like this:

... certainly not a bad thing.

but when I put that same thing in, I get pictures like this:

... which to be clear, says nothing about my search history. I do everything via VPN and in incognito mode so there's no cookies or any of the profile information (it doesn't know it's me).

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 02-12-2020).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2020 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I had the same problem when I 1st began having problems with aquatic rodents...........Don't ever go searching google images by saying "show me your beaver pictures"...

Wow, lot of posts there now Roger. Long time no chat. I haven't been around.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock