Started on: 02-08-2020 01:22 AM
Replies: 6 (200 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 02-08-2020 03:54 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2020 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent one hell of a lot of nights in their YYZ hanger, some time in the machines.

Sucks to see this. Those guys were one hell of a good bunch. Flying is easy, you haven't lived until you have a C208 on a tow bar in 50knt winds at minus 30.
Then stand on ice a foot behind the prop to give it a ground start.

Good times and good pay. Not for the sane.

https://business.financialp...uptcy-protection/amp

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-08-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Minus 30 ... Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Just kidding. I checked. There's not a huge difference, one way or the other.

The only other thought that came to mind was whether you have any kind of photo archive from those days, or anything else along that line.

Good to "see" you.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a picture guy. The only ones I ever take are to post online, or as I take stuff apart so I can get it back together again.

Our crazy winter days really aren't that bad. Just dress for it. I could come in from that kind of cold and actually be sweating. Still do, winter I wear hunting boots with 1200 gm of thinsulate. Hat, coat , gloves, snowsuit are all the same level of protection. Not hard to stay nice and toasty.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many of us did not take a lot of pictures back then, for various reasons.
From today's perspective, that seems odd because everyone has a camera in his pocket; but back then one had to have a reason to take a camera along, each roll of film had a finite number of frames and every shot cost money.

At a restaurant, when our food arrived, the first thing we did was eat it! Imagine that!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-08-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took rolls and rolls of film pictures from my 20s and 30s.

Film processing didn't get very expensive (comparatively) until the 80s.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Many of us did not take a lot of pictures back then, for various reasons.
From today's perspective, that seems odd because everyone has a camera in his pocket; but back then one had to have a reason to take a camera along, each roll of film had a finite number of frames and every shot cost money.

At a restaurant, when our food arrived, the first thing we did was eat it! Imagine that!

I agree, though there were some weirdos. My wife's family photographed everything. My family sometimes took pictures. I still don't like to. If I do it's under duress.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

If I do it's under duress.

You know they will arrest you for that, right?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock