Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Why do some people use water from their hands and spit it after using the restroom?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Why do some people use water from their hands and spit it after using the restroom? by 2.5
Started on: 02-04-2020 03:47 PM
Replies: 7 (187 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 02-05-2020 05:38 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a bad habit to get into....

Id say about every third person at work that I run into at the two sinks in the restroom does it.
They wash their hands like normal and immediately cup their hands and fill them with water, put the water in their mouth , slush it around and spit, usually twice.

I cant for the life of me figure out any logic behind it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be a Minnesota thing...

Closest thing I do, is use the towel that I dried my hands with to wipe my face.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 02-04-2020).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I cant for the life of me figure out any logic behind it.

Perhaps … their hands are clean and they want to rinse their mouths. Too easy ?
I see no problem with it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

They wash their hands like normal and immediately cup their hands and fill them with water, put the water in their mouth, slush it around and spit, usually twice...

Well... it would be a lot worse if they followed that process before washing their hands.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2020 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have OCD...

Clean your sink really well. Give it a good dry and polish. Do what 2.5 is saying, and see how much spittle gets everywhere. Just one spit and it is germ city baby!

If a sink in a public restroom has hand operated water, I prep with a piece of paper or something to not touch it or the door handle after. Ugh, that turns my stomach knowing how so many of our populace maintains their hygiene. You cannot cut all chances out, but it is not hard to do the right thing to keep yourself safe(r).

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rinse my mouth after brushing my teeth, at home. Its just weird to me why one would rinse their mouth out just because they took a pee, and with their hands...but even if I wanted too I would get a cup and water from the drinking water area. A public restroom isnt a great place to injest anything. And Im not even a clean freak.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2020 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Perhaps … their hands are clean and they want to rinse their mouths. Too easy ?
I see no problem with it.

Yup, this.
hands clean. want to wash out mouth and any loose food that might be on teeth from a snack/lunch/etc.
Nothing wrong with it.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't say I make a habit of observing other people in public restrooms. I go in, do my business and leave. The most I do in observing is, I look for potential threats.

This thread does remind me of a joke though.

A Marine and a sailor both enter a public restroom and use the urinals. Upon finishing their tasks, the Sailor goes to the wash basin and starts to wash his hands.
The Marine zips up his fly and heads to the door. The sailor speaks out and attempting to embarrass the Marine says, The Navy taught us to wash our hands after peeing.

The Marine responds, The Marines teach us to not piss on ourselves and leaves.

I never said I was a successful comedian.

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock