Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  R U pro 2nd an. right? are you supporting the NFL watching the game?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
R U pro 2nd an. right? are you supporting the NFL watching the game? by E.Furgal
Started on: 02-01-2020 10:14 AM
Replies: 37 (579 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 02-04-2020 08:51 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2020 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOe_-zmwYc&t

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-01-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, the irony.

Edit: Strong 2nd Amendment supporter. Zero support for the NFL.

I suspect the video was about the Bloomberg ad being accepted, but the 2A ad denied viewing by the powers that be. The democratic establishment want Bloomberg. They are eating themselves. Purposefully I might add.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 02-01-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video doesn't work for me, but no, I dont watch football and do support the 2nd.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The video is not working. But yes I support the 2A and no I don't watch football.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://youtu.be/TEOe_-zmwYc

Here is a link. Video by Colion Noir how a few years ago the superbowl rejected a pro 2a commercial by Daniels Defense, but are allowing an anti 2a commercial by Bloomberg

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 02-01-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Beat me to it.

The NFL has an obvious left-leaning bias. I don't see why any conscientious freedom-loving individual would support such an organization.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

^ Beat me to it.

The NFL has an obvious left-leaning bias. I don't see why any conscientious freedom-loving individual would support such an organization.

While I won't disagree with your statement, do you have any suggestions as to why they may lean left?

Rams

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

While I won't disagree with your statement, do you have any suggestions as to why they may lean left?

Rams

It may sound like a "tin foil hat" theory to some, but my long held belief is that some who have amassed large fortunes through less than honest means (some politicians, media moguls, team owners, captains of industry, etc) are opposed to capitalism and government by the people because they would rather not have a level playing field, they wish to suppress free and open competition, they want control.

edit: Oh, and even though I have always let it be known that I am not a fan, I will be watching the game with friends because it is a social event; and I will not be rooting for the team which hails from planet Pelosi.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-01-2020).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't watch football.. But! I was hopeful the Bills would make it this year. If the Bills had made it, i would have watched.. I grew up in Buffalo as a kid, and was a big Bills fan during the Jim Kelly years when they went to the playoffs 8 years in a row, and the super bowl 4 years in a row. (sad they never won one of them, they deserved it)..

But other than the Bills, i couldn't care less about the NFL.

And yes i support the 2nd, but no im not "right"... (or left for that matter, too many crazies on both sides to be "loyal" to a group or "side", i don't play party or identity politics)

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 02-01-2020).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fixed link.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like others, I don't watch football. Heck, I don't even know when the Super Bowl is or who's playing. I'm neither left nor right. I lean one way or another on each individual issue.

With that said, I'm very pro 2A. I carry to protect myself and others. I pray I don't NEED to protect myself or others (I'd be happy to never discharge my firearms except at the range) but I will if forced to).

Carry on.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

edit: Oh, and even though I have always let it be known that I am not a fan, I will be watching the game with friends because it is a social event; and I will not be rooting for the team which hails from planet Pelosi.

And the liberals thank you. for putting partying over your "claimed" stance on gun rights ,and support of our aimed forces.
They know you'll buckle and keep the machine well oiled.
Again. they thank you.
Because without folks like you that sidestep your beliefs for a few hours of partying. they get use funding through ads.
Again, they thank you.
Double down and put an order in on amazon while watching the game so the ceo can funnel more money to the dems

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-02-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like any of them thugs are going to support the 2nd or even follow existing gun laws
How many of them can even carry?

Stopped watching sports years ago. Unless you count beach volleyball
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

And the liberals thank you.

Uh...you're welcome.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-02-2020).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I supporting the NFL watching the game? Nope. I don't watch sports much at all really. I mean if I'm at someones house and they have sports on I will watch with them. At my house though? Only if someone visiting wants to watch and I like them enough to sit through it. However, if the Bronco's were in the Superbowl then I would pay attention to the score tally on a web page. I still wouldn't be watching since it'd just be the score along with quarter and time remaining in a box up on FB or MSN news page. My wife enjoy's the Puppybowl though.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 02-02-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only way watching the SB could be considered supporting the NFL would be if an ad prompted you to purchase something you typically wouldnt.

EFurgal, you're logic isn't logic, you're just spewing garbage.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The only way watching the SB could be considered supporting the NFL would be if an ad prompted you to purchase something you typically wouldnt.

EFurgal, you're logic isn't logic, you're just spewing garbage.

WELP
They are getting 5.5 MILLION dollars per 15 second ad spot.
If the ratings dropped from folks ,doing more that talking about how the NFL and the players stomp on the Country, the flag, the armed forces and the 2nd Am.
but as seen as my " logic isn't logic, you're just spewing garbage"

So you think they be able to COLLECT the same or more at the next superbowl, if viership and ratings took a nose dive from people doing more that complaining about the NFL disrespect of Country, the Flag, the Armed Forces and the 2nd Am.
??
Would they have to take less for ad spots for not only this game but every game if viewership of the the whole season dropped?

Na. That do nothing , right.
Lack of viewership and ratings only affect nascar tv ad intake , not a ball sports.
that's different.

Do as you must.
Tell yourself what you must to not see you are allowing them to do the crap they do. to push the agenda they do.

P.S.even when the pats were playing I didn't watch.

GUESS MARKETING 101 IS SPEWING GARABAGE.
They only hear the almighty dollar.

My logic is solid , hit them where it hurt. the wallet. Cuz a viewership drop from the most of the non-liberal botcotting the game, would have no affect on the ratings and what companies would be willing to pay for ads?? this type thing holds true for not only this game but all games, drop in viewership, ticket sales and tv ratings = less per ad spot.
This country is going to the crapper because way to many are ALL HAT NO CATTLE!!!!
When push comes to shove, just lay down and roll over

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The NFL's social agenda has no effect on how I feel about the 2nd Amendment. I also don't care what Hollywood celebrities think. IMHO, anyone who let's such entities influence their opinion is too easily influenced. They would be the one's referred to as sheeple. They are the one's distracted by the next shiny object.

Yeah, I'll be watching the Super Bowl and for those entertaining commercials. Something I normally take refreshment or bathroom breaks during.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-02-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So hard to read the writings of a first grader.

Taking the Wife shooting today. We will take our 1987 Fiero GT. I am bringing the Kimber and she will shoot her Beretta. We will be at Sharp Shooters in Spokane this afternoon if anyone wants to stop by.

We left out Pit Bull at home. His name is Clyde. He likes belly rubs.

Flag flying kind of a day folks! Not out to pizz folks off, but today is a great day if you want to approach me. I am feeling "extra".
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EFurgal, I am referring to you unwarranted attack on williegoat.
Whether he goes to a social event that has a TV on will not affect ad revenue for the event.
I havent watched NASCAR or pro football in years, and ratings for both are way down. Have their ad rates gone down?

Your mouth works faster than your brain.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EFurgal, I am referring to you unwarranted attack on williegoat.
Whether he goes to a social event that has a TV on will not affect ad revenue for the event.
I havent watched NASCAR or pro football in years, and ratings for both are way down. Have their ad rates gone down?

Your mouth works faster than your brain.

Funny you, had no comment when he was using every chance he could to claim I am an antifa member.
Those attacks were a -ok. you saw no issue with it.
but a gab about supporting the national felons leag
The out rage.
Got it.
What is fine for thE is not fine for .
right.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Respect is earned, not given.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2020 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Respect is earned, not given.

What has that got to do with double standards?
You see no issue when someone does the same thing.
But if a select few do it. OH, LORDY
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I for one, really enjoyed the game. As usual was disappointed by the half time show and only found about 1/3rd of the commercials (if that) entertaining.

Rams (Life Long Chiefs Fan)

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-03-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What has that got to do with double standards?
You see no issue when someone does the same thing.
But if a select few do it. OH, LORDY

One of you has earned my respect, and I suspect has earned it from other members here......

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-03-2020).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2020 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of you has earned my respect, and I suspect has earned it from other members here......

Oh, so that gives them the green light to say anything.
got it.
have a grrrreeeeeaaaatttt daaayy
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It gives them a bit more leeway than is given to someone who has not earned respect.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-03-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got it.

You still here? Huh?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got it.

Remind us again of your position on free speech.

And the liberals thank you.

Others understand that capitalist, will sell their grandma down the river if they think they'll get a dime.

So are you claiming that companies have not crapped where they eat.
capitalist see money as the first goal, I understand this

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-03-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-03-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Up with 2nd amendment.
Down with NFL.

They know how many TV's are tuned in, including the DVR's that record it while you're watching something else.
So even if you don't buy anything from the advertisers, they still consider you a supporter if you watch or record it.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Up with 2nd amendment.
Down with NFL.

They know how many TV's are tuned in, including the DVR's that record it while you're watching something else.
So even if you don't buy anything from the advertisers, they still consider you a supporter if you watch or record it.

They may consider me a supporter if it pleases them, however they will reap no benefit from me or anyone else in that room as I watched the game. I can guarantee that everyone in the room was a strong supporter of the second amendment. I have known all of them for decades. There was enough firepower within immediate reach to hold off a small army.

If they gain additional ad revenue because another TV was turned on, well that is the nature of free enterprise, and that, I also support. I will not snub lifelong friends just because some leftists think I care what they think.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-03-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No football in 4 years, none in future that I can tell.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

1: Probably shouldnt click if you are at work just in case.
2: If your woman is behind you probably should wait till later as well.
3: Kids well probably should see number 1 just in case.
Well it wasnt a bunch of guys throwing around a ball and grabbing each others ass
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2020 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

JUST LIKE A LIBERAL TO TAKE QUOTES OUT OF THE CONTEXT OF THE WHOLE thread subject.
You sure you don't work in a liberal media war room
Calling out hypocrites isn't trying to limit or stop in anyway free speech.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-04-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JUST LIKE A LIBERAL TO TAKE QUOTES OUT OF THE CONTEXT OF THE WHOLE thread subject.
You sure you don't work in a liberal media war room

Why yes. I own CNN.

Here is a picture of a newspaper, early in the morning, to prove it.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock