Started on: 01-30-2020 12:01 AM
Replies: 6 (219 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 01-31-2020 06:21 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know many don't much care what happens outside our borders, but after much jawing back and forth Jan 31 is the day Great Britain leaves the EU. I applaud them for having the guts to tell the cheese eating surrender monkeys and boche to 'go sod off'.

Not a lot will change I suppose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51194363

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-30-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Euro-trash, Globalist, Marxists of the EU Parliament got their collective panties in a wad and cut off the microphones of the UK delegation today after Nigel Farage and colleagues had the audacity to wave small British flags on their last day.

The EU parliament called the UK patriotic farewell demonstration "petty".

BRAVO Nigel and Bravo U.K.!!

https://metro.co.uk/video/n...Gxsuwrkst5eDiou8GJhk

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-30-2020).]

Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2020 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut off their mics.

I build custom cry closets...
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Cut off their mics.

I build custom cry closets...

It was pretty funny to watch. I guess the EU can't stand patriotism.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

It was pretty funny to watch. I guess the EU can't stand patriotism.

No, they can't... because it's antithetical to the EU movement that seeks to reduce the influence of the individual country, for the increased significance of the EU governing body. The EU sees themselves like the United States Federal government sees itself in comparison to the individual states. I absolutely cannot emphasize this enough.

I have... 100s of family members in the Netherlands. Most of them are wealthy because when my grandfather passed away, the family sold the business and split the 100s of millions between the 8 brothers and sisters. I should say 7 brothers and sisters, because my dad wasn't included since he had left to come to America in 1963. There were no hard feelings, my dad has had a very successful career and amassed his own wealth all on his own, which has put him in a far more financially better situation than any of his brothers or sisters (except for the guy who owns 3 BMW dealerships and goes to all the F1 races... hahah). Among the 7 brothers and sisters in Europe, they each have 2 or 3 children (my cousins), and each of them have 2 or 3 children. Needless to say, there's something like 100 cousins over there... and they've moved all over the place including the UK, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, and of course the Netherlands.

As it stands, really none of them really consider themselves "Dutch." I mean, if you ask them outright... they'll say they're Dutch... but conceptualize it like this...

Except for our Canadian friends here... most of the people here are from the United States. If you were to go to another country, and someone asks you where you're from (knowing that you're in another country), you would answer... "I'm an American..."

Just as my cousins would respond... "I'm from Europe."

The goal of the EU was to give collective bargaining power in the new emerging global economy. But what it has become is a super-state that collectively and continually seeks to increase its own power, while decreasing the power of the partner member nations.

It would be hypocritical of me if I didn't see the reality of what this is. The United States is VERY MUCH what the European Union seeks to become. When our founders created the Constitution of the United States, we were committed in a common fight against an enemy, so the dissolution of those bonds, and the creation of new ones was a somewhat easy sell. But... the original 13 colonies were very much separate governing bodies. The way the United States currently exists is exactly what the EU has been working towards, where the EU rules / laws, and courts automatically overrule anything the individual member nations may have. I would never change this... I consider myself an American first and foremost, and I'm proud of that. While I love Florida, I'm originally from Illinois, but I have absolutely no allegiance to Illinois, and could care less about the state, quite frankly. And this is exactly how the youngest of my second cousins feel about the Netherlands, and the European Union.

The European Union just lost "Texas"... basically. But they are far from out... and it's inevitable. We are on a conservative momentum because the EU leadership became corrupt and started absorbing "refugees" from all over and there was pushback. But the pendulum will swing back again, and when it does, expect the EU to solidify their power over the individual nations.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 01-31-2020).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2020 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

The European Union just lost "Texas"... basically. But they are far from out... and it's inevitable. We are on a conservative momentum because the EU leadership became corrupt and started absorbing "refugees" from all over and there was pushback. But the pendulum will swing back again, and when it does, expect the EU to solidify their power over the individual nations.

The wild card is if The crown, enjoys A better economy. and freedom from leaving. in the long term.
And you can bet your ass. The US of A, and Russia and China will make sure the UK prospers . As they know all of the EU is watching, and will break away if they think they too can make a better life for themselves without the EU governing body.
All 3, would rather the EU not be a strong power. So, theUK being the first ones to chance pulling out will have help, to make their economy prosper . They(Russia/china) may not publicly show support to the UK. but they will behind doors. in the hopes of the EU failing.
Make no mistake. all the other countries in the EU will be watching the UK.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-31-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock