Started on: 01-29-2020 06:05 PM
Replies: 37 (778 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-20-2020 04:41 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been in hospital seven days.

I will be ok but I can not use a desktop. Can’t post worth zhit unless on a desktop.

So much to say, Impeachment, deforestation, etc.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope all is well. How much longer will you be there?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you improve and are able to go home soon.
I'm think'n we have already discussed who's boss in yer house. Did you forget?

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

So tell us, with all of the medical advances these days, do they give you a list with 128 possible choices when you go in for a sex change?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn..hope you get better soon Cliff.

edit:
I have spoken to him. He's pretty banged up physically. He took a bad fall and broke his humerus bone and has lots of inflammation and pain in his shoulder.
Has some trouble with bp and sodium too. It's going to be a long recovery and rehab tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-29-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get well soon cliff.
Hope you are at least able to rest comfortably.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Get well soon cliff.
Hope you are at least able to rest comfortably.

In a hospital?
Not a chance. That's one of his chief complaints. Hurts so much he can't rest, then if he does get enough pain relief he finally does doze off, somone comes in and wakes him for blood, take vitals, to ask if he's ok...you know the drill if you've ever spent much time in a hospital bed. He sounded pretty rough on the phone.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

In a hospital?
Not a chance. That's one of his chief complaints. Hurts so much he can't rest, then if he does get enough pain relief he finally does doze off, somone comes in and wakes him for blood, take vitals, to ask if he's ok...you know the drill if you've ever spent much time in a hospital bed. He sounded pretty rough on the phone.

Typical hospital stay. Never expect to get rest in a hospital.

cliff, adding my prayers and hoping the let you out soon.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2020 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a hospital?

1. Despite popular misconceptions, hospitals are one of the dirtiest places you can be, plus they are filled with sick people.

2. If that isn't motivation enough to get you out of there Cliff, call me again and I'll "encourage" you more
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that sucks
Feel better soon
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man. Hope you get up and running quickly.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So that's why it's been so peaceful around here. Get out of there... and back at PFF being a PIA again.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2020 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully nothing to terrible? In our thoughts.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry to hear the news
hope you are back home soon
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I told you that if you didnt stop that you would go blind and hurt your arm ! NOW look at you, cant use the computer !

(Heal quick dude)
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2020 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear this. Tell us about the pick-up lines you have used on the nurses, and their responses!

Now, to cheer you up... where's that pic of the rabbit with a pancake on its head...
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2020 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get well soon.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello nurse
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be ok but I can not use a desktop. Can’t post worth zhit unless on a desktop.

So much to say, Impeachment, deforestation, etc.

Cliff, just saw this! I'm sorry, hope you get better and everything is OK!!!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update..
Cliff is in good spirits and optimistic and says he will hopefully get out of the hospital later today and back where he can use a desktop computer, so you can look for him to be back here at PFF soon enough. A few of you have asked me for his personal contact info but I cannot/will not divulge that but he can if he wants when he gets back on line.
Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. His injury is going to be somewhat debilitating for a while and a big kick in the butt for someone as active as he has always been but hopefully the bone will heal and he be pain free...he's a survivor and he sees it as just another bump in the road of life.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update..
Cliff is in good spirits and optimistic and says he will hopefully get out of the hospital later today and back where he can use a desktop computer, so you can look for him to be back here at PFF soon enough.

Well that is good news. Has he now learned that just because he dresses like a martian, it doesn't give him the power to fly?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He had the flying part down pat..the landing was what gave him trouble.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He had the flying part down pat..the landing was what gave him trouble.

Maybe if he attaches toggles from the Tutu to his toes, he can flare just before he lands.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-31-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
So tell us, with all of the medical advances these days, do they give you a list with 128 possible choices when you go in for a sex change?

Heh, I think I have given you a positive, let me check. I did, but I fixed it. I have never met a wretched fellow such as you. Making a man with four freshly broke ribs laugh. j/k, sarcasm.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
How are you doing Cliff? From a new Texan to a Texian.

Don't pay the ransom, I escaped.
Let me say misery is less miserable.

Thanks all for the thoughts/prayers/comments. They meant a lot. I don't think anyone could have handled calls with everything going on. I am glad I got very few … and some
I ignored. From good people, friends, family.
I will post more later.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me say misery is less miserable.

After getting out I was going about my regular medical needs with my personal provider. We opted for a chest x-ray and I had both appointments done by 10:00 AM. The wife gets home at lunch and said she got a call to take me to the emergency room.

Straight to ICU and isolation in a negative pressure quarantine room. They suspected pneumonia, tuberculosis, cancer, something other. Tuberculosis testing, done by the CDC (swamped by the Coronavirus), took awhile.

I was transferred from a pretty capable hospital to a San Antonio hospital.

I had CAT scans, a MRI, and x-rays. They did a Broncostophy. They determined pneumonia, ... plus, . I have never had pneumonia and think it was caused by my first hospital stay. The pneumonia negatively affects my body's sodium level and mine was dangerously too low.

Just as I was getting stable enough to go home, they are doing my vitals just like they have done every four hours for three weeks. All of a sudden my heart is in ? a-fib ? 144 pulse rate. I have never had a heart problem in my life.
Rapid Response to ICU cardiac.

To top it off, my broken Humerous bone did not fuse back together. It needs surgery which had to wait for all my other ills.

Three weeks in the hospital. One might think I was on the cusp of death. I felt fine the whole time and before I entered the hospital.

2020 did not start as I had hoped. The rest of the year is up to me.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, cliff! When it rains on you, it's a monsoon!

Hope you escape soon...
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang. You gettin old and it's showing up.
Hopefully the rest of the spring will treat you better.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dang... I just wanted to sound like you guys.

Cliff, is there anything you won't do for attention? Get out of there!
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Cliff wants to engage in a mindfulness exercise, he could focus his awareness on the concept of the Planck length-scale tetrahedron that's been imagined (by some) as the first structured manifestation of space, at the beginning of time. The smallest volume of three dimensional space that could ever exist. The space within a tetrahedron defined by four vertices (points) that are all equidistant from one another, and separated by the distance of a single Planck length: the smallest or shortest distance between a starting point and an end point that could ever exist. In other words, a regular tetrahedron that is the union of four Planck length-scale equilateral triangles.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

First, he'd have to remember that I was priming him on that concept, quite some time ago. For whatever reason. Maybe just a diversion from some other conversation that was going on here.

Crossed fingers are an atheist's prayer.

I hope things get better for Cliff, and soon.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-19-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After getting out I was going about my regular medical needs with my personal provider. We opted for a chest x-ray and I had both appointments done by 10:00 AM. The wife gets home at lunch and said she got a call to take me to the emergency room.

Straight to ICU and isolation in a negative pressure quarantine room. They suspected pneumonia, tuberculosis, cancer, something other. Tuberculosis testing, done by the CDC (swamped by the Coronavirus), took awhile.

I was transferred from a pretty capable hospital to a San Antonio hospital.

I had CAT scans, a MRI, and x-rays. They did a Broncostophy. They determined pneumonia, ... plus, . I have never had pneumonia and think it was caused by my first hospital stay. The pneumonia negatively affects my body's sodium level and mine was dangerously too low.

Just as I was getting stable enough to go home, they are doing my vitals just like they have done every four hours for three weeks. All of a sudden my heart is in ? a-fib ? 144 pulse rate. I have never had a heart problem in my life.
Rapid Response to ICU cardiac.

To top it off, my broken Humerous bone did not fuse back together. It needs surgery which had to wait for all my other ills.

Three weeks in the hospital. One might think I was on the cusp of death. I felt fine the whole time and before I entered the hospital.

2020 did not start as I had hoped. The rest of the year is up to me.

Damn Cliff... how are you feeling now? Is everything ok?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
If Cliff wants to engage in a mindfulness exercise, he could focus his awareness on the concept of the Planck length-scale tetrahedron that's been imagined (by some) as the first structured manifestation of space, at the beginning of time.

Ok, here 'ya go.

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Put down that veggie burger. These farmers say their cows can solve the climate crisis"

Achieving carbon sequestration on a significant scale by converting or displacing atmospheric carbon dioxide into a stable component of grassland soil covering large expanses of land is the "kryptonite" that neutralizes Global Warming.

We are into year 20 of this imagined by some hype and what has changed with this existential threat ?

It is said the scientists are discovering more and more evidence Global Warning is real. These "scientists" are not sharing this "proof" with everyday man. The ones who picked apart data manipulation from the get go and found proof (emails) of scamming going on at the UN.

The only existential threat from this scam is to our wallets.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35766 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Damn Cliff... how are you feeling now? Is everything ok?

I have always felt the same as I have my whole life. Other than the pain from the broken arm and hospital restrictions and constant bed 'piloting'.

I will be fine. My outlook on life's priorities are changing. Nothing new.

Meh, ... my own personal Covid 19 reality.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh? You always said nothing can kill you.

Edit: Dang...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-19-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for all of the misfortune, I hope the best for you and a full and speedy recovery.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You must have good insurance and just be a cash cow to them.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are into year 20 of this imagined by some hype and what has changed with this existential threat ?

It is said the scientists are discovering more and more evidence Global Warning is real. These "scientists" are not sharing this "proof" with everyday man. The ones who picked apart data manipulation from the get go and found proof (emails) of scamming going on at the UN.

The only existential threat from this scam is to our wallets.

The "Planck-hedron"..? (The Planck length scale regular tetrahedron.)

I thought someone had asked me, the other day, to describe a Planck length using a human perspective. Then I realized that was just the recollection of a dream that I seemed to have experienced. Nevertheless, if there were a magnifying lens of such power that it could magnify the width of a typical human hair (about 0.1 mm, as small a resolution of size or distance that there is for a typical human's vision) to the distance that spans the entire observable universe, then a distance of one Planck length would be correspondingly magnified to resemble a distance of 0.1 mm... "the width of a human hair."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-19-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think rinselberg has gone off the deep end. Walked the Planck, so to speak.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2020 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
Sorry for all of the misfortune, I hope the best for you and a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks Rick. My misfortunes are embarrassing to mention in this real world. So many more with so much more to bear.

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:
You must have good insurance and just be a cash cow to them.

Yes, no, maybe so. I believe in God but am not one to Bible thump. However I prefer to think I am insured by God (not just medically). My wife has worked for the State of Texas for 20+ years and they have a good program.
My issues are not without pocket expenses.

Yes, I absolutely feel like a cash cow. Before I broke my arm I only had to see a Dr for physicals and the occasional thing. Now I have a heart Dr, a lung Dr, a kidney Dr, a bone surgeon, plus my regular care provider. They all want to see me. Dare I tell one "no" ?

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Huh? You always said nothing can kill you.

Edit: Dang...

Well, I am mortal but life better pack a lunch.

That said, I am my own worst enemy. Truth be told, neither time was I released upon the hospital's opinion. The first time I just shut down co-operation. I wanted out of there. I think I screwed up the follow up.
This time while hospitalized, I told a Dr "this ain't living". He said "we have to keep you alive". The next day I told him I would rather die out of the hospital, living, than live in the hospital, breathing.

We shall see. The hospital is always there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock