Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Was it MANsplaining or MAPsplaining..? CNN's talking heads go on about Mike Pompeo.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Was it MANsplaining or MAPsplaining..? CNN's talking heads go on about Mike Pompeo. by rinselberg
Started on: 01-26-2020 07:19 PM
Replies: 31 (384 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 01-28-2020 03:00 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2020 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little background here,

Mike Pompeo is the serving U.S. Secretary of State. Some here likely already knew that. Almost all here, perhaps? I don't know if that name elicits the same microseconds-scale recognition time north of the border with Canada.

Just the other day, Mike Pompeo got into a kind of off-air "spat" with NPR host Marie Louise Kelly, and according to various news reports, had one of his aides retrieve a world geopolitical map and challenged (Ms) Kelly to point directly to Ukraine. It was (according to the reports) a map that delineates national boundaries but does not have the names, which is a weird thought, in and of itself. Does the serving Secretary of State keep a "challenge" map with him at all times, just to be ready on a moment's notice to engage in the time-honored tradition of "He (or she) couldn't find that [place] on a map"..?

I offer another of my "brief video segments" (just two minutes) of an on-air liberals laugh riot that ensued:

Republican strategist Rick Wilson and CNN contributor Wajahat Ali join Don Lemon to discuss Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's statement in response to NPR host Mary Louise Kelly's claim that he cursed at her and demanded she find Ukraine on a map after a taping of "All Things Considered."

Can we bring that in, from the Fake News Network?
https://www.cnn.com/videos/...-tonight-highlights/

It's exceptional video content, that goes beyond just another randomly chosen moment from CNN. It's Don Lemon with upper torso collapsed, and face buried onto the surface of his anchor's desk.

Think of how you might use this to counter-skewer liberal skewering of what liberals skewer, if liberals could skewer what.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-26-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2020 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To hell with Ukraine, I'll bet half of Americans can't find Utah.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2020 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More from the California Mental Patient's favorite people:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-26-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2020 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

To hell with Ukraine, I'll bet half of Americans can't find Utah.

And Utah is fine with that.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2020 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

And Utah is fine with that.

They have a wave of folks from cali. to deal with.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

More from the California Mental Patient's favorite people:

I believe this is from the all inclusive, politically correct favorite of the left.......MSNBC...

my my.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1221541173837225984

Let the excuses and cover-ups begin.........

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-27-2020).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2020 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let the excuses and cover-ups begin.........

OK, I heard this yesterday myself. The newscaster sounded white to me. I was not aware that she was black? It is OK then.

I am curious what her birth name was? Like an avatar, so may hide behind syllables.

The Goddess WANDA DEE

@WANDADEE1

Hip Hop's 1st female DJ,

1st female of The Universal Zulu Nation,

1st female platinum Rapper,

Voice of The KLF &

25 million selling international Pop/Dance Diva

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-27-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So much offence, so little time.

When are we going to grow up?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, by the way, and honestly, I have not the slightest idea about why this comes to my mind, here, but there is a short (90 seconds) YouTube video of former Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly "going nuts" about a technical or program issue during the production of "Inside Edition" in 2008.

The program was being prerecorded for later broadcast, so this was not on-air or live broadcast video content.

F**k It, We’ll Do It Live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

If anyone were to search with Google, or search on YouTube with "Bill O'Reilly" and "meltdown", there are other reports and video clips to be had.

This was the only one I wanted to look at, at this particular time.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-27-2020).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Oh, by the way, and honestly, I have not the slightest idea about why this comes to my mind, here, but there is a short (90 seconds) YouTube video of former Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly "going nuts" about a technical or program issue during the production of "Inside Edition" in 2008.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

If anyone were to search with Google, or search on YouTube with "Bill O'Reilly" and "meltdown", there are other reports and video clips to be had.

This was the only one I wanted to look at, at this particular time. Click to show

[/QUOTE]

OK, if you are not being funny, then my mind was just blown. I will need a moment. Or two. As I age, I can see recovery taking longer.

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Oh, by the way, and honestly, I have not the slightest idea about why this comes to my mind, here,

Sure you do..it's known as deflection... It's what all the Left is busy doing today in regards to MSNBC's N word blunder..

Don't Look There...Look Over Here!

nice try tho.

The liberal hack that actually made the faux pas is white. Allison Morris

She will of course, be forgiven and her halfassed excuse for it happily accepted because of the network she is associated with.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-27-2020).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The liberal hack that actually made the faux pas is white. Allison Morris

She will of course, be forgiven and her halfassed excuse for it happily accepted because of the network she is associated with.

Don't be too sure: Donald Imus (Imus in the Morning) was fired, and his show canceled, after using the phrase "Nappy Headed Hoes" when talking about a Women's NCAA team that was winning the tourney.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 'nappy headed hos' things was just the last straw type thing .
Just the end of a long line of "disparaging" remarks by Imus and his staff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...orning#Controversies

Even in today's ultra politically correct climate, Allison Morris will keep her job because unlike Imus, she is one of the anointed faces of MSNBC. Imus was brought to MSNBC solely for the $$$$$ revenue he brought in.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 'nappy headed hos' things was just the last straw type thing .
Just the end of a long line of "disparaging" remarks by Imus and his staff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...orning#Controversies

Even in today's ultra politically correct climate, Allison Morris will keep her job because unlike Imus, she is one of the anointed faces of MSNBC. Imus was brought to MSNBC solely for the $$$$$ revenue he brought in.

No matter what it takes:

Leftists will now tell you not to believe you own lyin' eyes....or ears.

PR and "Crisis Management" firms get paid an enormous amount of money to convince people that they didn't hear or see what they actually heard and saw.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-27-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's Alison Morris?

I don't recognize the name or the face. It's possible that I have seen her as a "reporter on the ground", being patched in from a remote location, on any of the MSNBC programs that I am familiar with. Beyond that, I am just drawing a blank.

I have not (yet) gone to a video recording that has her "Nakers" remark.

I guess people here are aware(?) that she used Twitter to say that she thought that she enunciated "Nakers" because she had the two sports teams monikers of "Knickerbockers" and "Lakers" in her mind at the same time.

I am not free to pursue this any further, on my own. Not until I get some more pressing agenda items here under control.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, you've undoubtedly seen her. NBC made a big deal of it when they hired her as the full time anchor of their streaming news program in July 2019.

NBC News Now, five weeks after the free streaming service’s launch, has a full-time anchor: Alison Morris
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

No matter what it takes:

Leftists will now tell you not to believe you own lyin' eyes....or ears.

PR and "Crisis Management" firms get paid an enormous amount of money to convince people that they didn't hear or see what they actually heard and saw.

I'm on the right, pro 2A, believe almost all the media is trash and say Trump 2020...but listening to the above posted youtube video, this lady did not on purpose or accidently say the "n" word.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

I'm on the right, pro 2A, believe almost all the media is trash and say Trump 2020...but listening to the above posted youtube video, this lady did not on purpose or accidently say the "n" word.

I'm 100% sure it was accidental, I mean... no one would be that dumb. But it was clear what she said... Does she deserved to be crucified? Of course not, it was a mistake, but it is what it is.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is a tempest in a teapot. Black, white, right, left; everyone needs to stop looking for reasons to be offended.

I don't give a dam what she said, but man, that lady's got some weird hair!

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I'm 100% sure it was accidental, I mean... no one would be that dumb. But it was clear what she said... Does she deserved to be crucified? Of course not, it was a mistake, but it is what it is.

Yes, the "word" that came out of her mouth was clearly "nakers" sounding exacly like the "lakers" correction that followed with only the first letter changed. I don't see why anyone would be getting so excited over this.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm back to comment on the video of MSNBC program host Lawrence O'Donnell having a "meltdown" when there were technical and production problems during a taping of "The Last Word" that was going to be broadcast later. The irate anchorman let loose with more F-bombs than I could count during this 2+ minutes of video that has been posted on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/wat...fF0&feature=emb_logo

The footage is from August 29, 2017. It went public almost a month later, on September 20. After an internal investigation, an MSNBC program editor (a man) was fired for leaking it and allowing it to go public. The day it went public, Lawrence O'Donnell went on Twitter about it:

According to a report that I found in the UK's "Daily Mail" (online) newspaper, the program editor who was fired for allowing this footage to go public leaked it because he thought it was funny.

So what's the significance of it?

I estimate--conservatively, although that's kind of an oxymoron in this context--that I have viewed about 200 hours of Lawrence O'Donnell since January 20, 2017, or Day One of the Trump administration; i.e., 200 hour-long broadcasts of "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" of about 630 that were produced (my estimate) during this time frame.

I've not ever seen him like that, or even remotely like that, during a broadcast.

This has been compared to the Bill O'Reilly meltdown that I posted earlier in this discussion.

Another forum member (maryjane) picked up on this Lawrence O'Donnell F-bombs episode and "re-messaged" it in this discussion, adding his "diagnosis" that my purpose when I posted "my" Bill O'Reilly meltdown was to "deflect." I find that ironic. Deflect? Deflect from what?

The Lawrence O'Donnell or "LOD" F-bombs episode was first added to this discussion from a rogue Pennock's user account that I largely ignore--I generally scroll past any message from that account without reading any of the words or focusing on any of the images. What was the purpose of entering this discussion with the LOD F-bombs video? But I don't want an explanation from the individual who has the rogue account, because I couldn't care less about what goes on between that pair of ears.

TV anchorman--not an easy job. The successful ones are well compensated for their efforts.

Lawrence O'Donnell was taping a show and there were recurring breakdowns in communications between LOD and the control room. I can't say that LOD wasn't at fault in some way, but the video makes me think that it was the technicians in the control room that were having an epic screwup kind of day. Later in the taping session, there was the sound of hammering from somewhere else in the recording studio. LOD was really angry about that. Who wouldn't be?

I have the impression that it probably took at least twice as long as it usually would for Lawrence O'Donnell to record this episode of "The Last Word."

Again, I'm not clear about what other forum members are seeing in this Lawrence O'Donnell F-bombs video, but as far as I'm concerned:

What's not to like?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-28-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O'Reilly, O'Donnell, both out of control over petty crap. If you are an adult, and particularly if you want anyone to pay attention to what you say, calm down. If you are out of control, you loose respect. If you are not respected, no one gives a dam what you have to say.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never worked in the television industry.

I don't know what else might have been going on at that time that could have created extra stress for Lawrence O'Donnell. Maybe they had some underperforming technicians on their payroll at that particular time, and were going through a period of turnover, as far as their staffing.

As I said, I've never worked in the television industry, but it seemed to me like it must have been a very uncommon "nightmare" kind of recording session.

Maybe LOD as a heart surgeon or airlines pilot wouldn't "cut it." But LOD as a TV anchorman?

Works for me.

I'm not thinking that I have anything to reconsider, as far as my previous statement.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is a butt hurt Liberal reporter who is whining.

Gotcha question bite both ways.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I think it is a butt hurt Liberal reporter who is whining.

Gotcha question bite both ways.

Hello. We "meet" again.

Is that a reference to the MSNBC reporter Alison Morris said "LA Nakers" instead of "LA Lakers" episode?

Or is that about some other part of this forum thread?

Maybe it is about the NPR reporter who had the run-in (or whatever it actually was) with Mike Pompeo. I guess this is what I would put my money on.

"Gotcha question"..? When Mike Pompeo (reportedly) challenged the NPR reporter to find Ukraine on a map?

Got to be moving on.

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody (on a certain political side) is pushing to be offended constantly and can't even see that the other side is openly mocking them because of it.

"I care about ___________ ." (Didn't realize __________ existed until CNN told them about it, and couldn't pull ____________ out of a police lineup.)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinse, my post is about the thread topic.

Sorry to confuse you.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Sorry to confuse you.

Oh now, you can't take credit for that.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This has been compared to the Bill O'Reilly meltdown that I posted earlier in this discussion.

Another forum member (maryjane) picked up on this Lawrence O'Donnell F-bombs episode and "re-messaged" it in this discussion, adding his "diagnosis" that my purpose when I posted "my" Bill O'Reilly meltdown was to "deflect." I find that ironic. Deflect? Deflect from what?

The conversation had moved on from O'Donnell and was about Allison Morris. You opted not to address that issue, brushing it off instead..
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone like (any of) what I said about the Lawrence O'Donnell or LOD F-bomb video?

I said that I had never worked in the TV industry, but I had some experiences that I think would be somewhat like what goes on in a television studio during a recording session.

Testing of a specialized computer system installation for a satellite control center. And testing of a version of the THAAD missile defense system. I was cast in some minor or "bit" roles. Pun intended. These were carefully scripted test cases. Everything had to be done in the expected sequence and synchronized to the expected timeline of events.

If someone slipped up and got off script, people could (and did) get angry about it. Do-over(s) were costly.

I'm sure it was like that with LOD.

It was a heartfelt message.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock