Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus (Page 27)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hudini...from your unique perspective, thoughts on the new Chinese corona virus by maryjane
Started on: 01-22-2020 01:32 AM
Replies: 1454 (20610 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-02-2021 09:04 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, one more for these ass wipes!
IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

""How scary is that? Most of those come from the U.S. because they look at healthcare a little differently than us."

I have to ask, how is healthcare viewed in Canada? What is different?

I don't know about the other provinces, but here in Ontario a fairly high quality of basic health care is viewed as a legal right FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS.

Our "socialized" medicine is actually a huge group insurance setup. You have to be a legal resident to qualify, and we all have photo ID cards enabling us to access the system.

Trying to use a counterfeit card or otherwise illegally access the system will get you changed with fraud. 20 years ago there was a huge problem with Americans, tourists and illegals accessing the system and the "Health Card" as it is now started started to put an end to that.

To get one you have to prove legal status with 3 different pieces of ID from 3 different categories, all with their own fraud prevention measures. That includes birth certificate or proof of legal status.

If you show up for care without it you will still get care, but you better be able to bring your card to the accounting office at the hospital within a few days, or you will be paying out of pocket for your care. They can and do regularly turn past-due accounts over to collections and/or lawyers for lawsuits.

There is a lot that isn't covered and is "optional" care. Break a bone and an old plaster cast is, the new air casts are out of pocket. Vision and dental are not.

It's actually very similar to the American system, except the insurance is administered by the government and paid for via insane taxes rather than private premium.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see if I can get banned.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35739 posts
Member since Jun 2003

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-28-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No. And you can't make me.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Let's see if I can get banned.

All along, I thought you were one of the good guys, now you start this crap. I hope that song gets stuck in your head till this Pandemic is over!!!

Rams
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you find yourself out of alcohol based hand sanitizer you can use 10:1 ratio water to bleach. Just put it in a spray bottle and spritz your hands. You will smell like a swimming pool but it's better than Clorox disinfecting wipes. It's cheap and effective without the fire hazard associated with high concentrations of alcohol. When I enter my apartment I spray the floor mat and wipe my shoes. Then I spritz my hands before taking off my mask. Next I remove the shoes and mask and proceed to wash my hands. I don't blow my nose or touch my face until after the hand washing. Stay safe out there.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

This is how I see these folks.

Everywhere I go I have been saying thank you, thank you, thank you. Even my x, who is working very hard in one of our major ICUs, is a saint right now. The sacrafices she is making for other is amazing and giving. She is spending her shifts, and extra shifts in full beekeeper protective gear. Batteries and vent fans running in her helmet.

Try thanking the guy at Walmart when he hands you the toilet paper. After several thousand people grabbing, a warm thank you has to feel like a welcome change.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, Neighbors...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you H-E-B.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMPORTANT LAWFUL INFORMATION FROM GOVERNOR INSLEE

Marijuana and alcohol sales are essential, yet fire arm sales are not.

That is all. I thought that a few here may want to know this pertinent information. You know, 2nd Amendment and all.

I live near a forest, and a river. Going for a walk...

Edit: We are blessed with a Bald Eagle's nest within walking distance. I will try and get some pics for you. Isolation and all.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-28-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

The prime Minister of Canada has some advice for his fellow citizens...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"If you're a broad, it's time for you to come home.."

Was he begging his wife to return to him?
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2020 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WARNING

ADULT LANGUAGE

NSFW

...but then who the hell is working now anyway?

"it spreads faster than a hooker's legs"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-28-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2020 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All of our plants are still running, but then so are the factories we keep supplied.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Netherlands recalls defective masks imported from China

https://www.gmanetwork.com/...ed-from-china/story/

If anyone is surprised by this I have a bridge to sell you.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
Chinese Distributed Faulty Coronavirus Test Kits Throughout Europe, Reports Indicate

https://freebeacon.com/nati...pe-reports-indicate/

Again, not surprising at all.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Netherlands recalls defective masks imported from China

https://www.gmanetwork.com/...ed-from-china/story/

If anyone is surprised by this I have a bridge to sell you.

Chinese Distributed Faulty Coronavirus Test Kits Throughout Europe, Reports Indicate

https://freebeacon.com/nati...pe-reports-indicate/

Again, not surprising at all.

I wonder why the high & mighty and ultramodern European Union, with all their much ballyhooed technical superiority and German quality manufacturing, and French arrogance just make their own damn test kits and masks?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I wonder why the high & mighty and ultramodern European Union, with all their much ballyhooed technical superiority and German quality manufacturing, and French arrogance just make their own damn test kits and masks?

For the same reason we buy Made in China goods (bads?)... it's cheaper!

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
https://nationalpost.com/ne...of-covid-19-outbreak

The gougers/hoarders here are already circumventing it.

It's a buck for the item and 50 or 60 or more for the mandatory porch delivery.

What the hell did he think would happen.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Covid 19 “Social Distancing” thing brings me to a realization. I now understand why my dog gets so excited when he notices something out the window or when I come back home from somewhere.

I barked at a squirrel yesterday. It was the most exciting part of my day!

Rams.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rhode Island is sending National Guard door to door.

New York license plates get you a free checkup on some freeways. Just follow the signs...

If you take a walk after midnight, there is a good chance that you will see coyotes in my area.

Stay safe. Family, Friends, Neighbors...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a walk in my area that time of night, there's a good chance you will become something's midnight snack...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Take a walk in my area that time of night, there's a good chance you will become something's midnight snack...

No, slim to little chance of that happening, unless I stumble upon a homeless encampment. Even then, they need to draw faster than this guy.

We have black bear in town, and cougar tracks at the river three hundred feet from my front door. Moose are our biggest threat besides humans.

Edit: We have rattler snakes, but uncommon. The Bald Eagles that have a nest at the river have plenty of food options before they choose our pit bull. This confinement has been a GREAT thing for my family. Camp fires, with cook outs, tons of outdoor walks, lawn prepped long before it should be, tress trimmed back, Fiero running AWESOME, truck and car to be detailed and polished/waxed this week while it rains, and a shat ton of other goodness.

We even went shopping for my ex and her parents yesterday afternoon. Her parents take care of our son quite well, and need shopping for groceries. The same for my ex, but she is in the ICU unit taking care of the Chinavirus patients.

Family, Friends, Neighbors...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-29-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
... rattler snakes ...

You must be from New York City.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You must be from New York City.

I was working on my comedy. And coffee.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everywhere I go I have been saying thank you, thank you, thank you.

Try thanking the guy at Walmart when he hands you the toilet paper. After several thousand people grabbing, a warm thank you has to feel like a welcome change...

This from the same guy who has time and time again here expressed his absolute distaste & complete lack of respect for the people and jobs he considers "lowly".
Remember that saint?

Let me guess, mass-amnesia again...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Remember that saint?

Unfortunately, yes.

Your penis. It looks to be stuck in your own azz?

Actually, you are a c u n t. I would LOVE to tell that to your little azz in person.

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I do absolutely thank folks for their services.

And yes, you two are lonesome.

Trigger was a horse. Stay safe.

Edited for my liberal forum friends: What are YOU doing to help?

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-29-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edited for my liberal forum friends...

I doubt you have any "liberal forum friends".

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2020 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fine then, let's take this thread there Patrick? Boondawg? Positives for both of you! So there.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This isn't Facebook where "friends" are made with the click of a mouse.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

This is from February 7. It's the first two paragraphs of a press release from the U.S. Department of State, which is "secretary'd" by Michael "Mike" Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State, who was nominated for that post by President Trump, and who reports directly to President Trump.

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus. This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.

"The United States Announces Assistance To Combat the Novel Coronavirus"
https://www.state.gov/the-u...e-novel-coronavirus/

This is the banner that "banner's" a newly published column about this, in Mother Jones, online:

The US Sent Tons of Medical Supplies to China Even as Senators Warned of Virus Threat Here. Now the Trump administration is begging other countries to send us masks and respirators.

Fernanda Echavarri for Mother Jones; March 29, 2020.
https://www.motherjones.com...f-virus-threat-here/

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and President Trump are in the "same boat" here--on this one specific thing. Of having provided almost 20 tons of urgently needed medical equipment to China, earlier this year, to help China cope with the emerging coronavirus problem.

Was it a mistake? Something that Trudeau and Trump should not have done?

I say "No." The mistake, I think--at least on the part of President Trump--was not doing more to stand up the U.S. preparations for the virus at the same time--early in February-- that his State Department was flowing those almost 18 tons of medical supplies to China.

This is another newly published report in Politico, online:

"Trump team failed to follow [the National Security Council's] 'pandemic playbook'"

The 69-page document, finished in 2016, provided a step by step list of priorities – which were then ignored by the administration.

Dan Diamond and Nahal Toosi for Politico; March 25, 2020.
https://www.politico.com/ne...urity-council-149285

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-29-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hindsight is 20/20. I don’t remember anyone, including me, yelling to prepare for this mess. Now I look back thinking it’s obvious.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the US had declined to help China, the left would have been crying that Trump's "America First" attitude was selfish and racist. They would now be complaining that we had the chance to "nip it in the bud" but our shortsighted, xenophobic leadership was too self centered.

It doesn't matter what we do, it only matters how they can spin it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See something odd tonight...
Maybe?.......

March 29 (GMT)
18469 new cases and 264 new deaths in the United States

March 28 (GMT)
19452 new cases and 525 new deaths in the United States

March 27 (GMT)
alert 18691 new cases and 401 new deaths in the United States

March 26 (GMT)
17224 new cases and 268 new deaths in the United States

March 25 (GMT)
13355 new cases and 247 new deaths in the United States

March 24 (GMT)
11075 new cases and 225 new deaths in the United States

March 23 (GMT)
10189 new cases and 141 new deaths in the United States

March 22 (GMT)
9400 new cases and 117 new deaths in the United States

March 21 (GMT)
4824 new cases and 46 new deaths in the United States

March 20 (GMT)
alert 5594 new cases and 49 new deaths in the United States

March 19 (GMT)
4530 new cases and 57 new deaths in the United States

March 18 (GMT)
alert 2848 new cases and 41 new deaths in the United States

March 17 (GMT)
1748 new cases and 23 new deaths in the United States
...........................................................................................................................................................................

And:

Might just be a glitch in reporting tho...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2020 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Might just be a glitch in reporting tho...

I saw the same thing and for now, I will guess that it is a glitch. I don't trust it until I see a few more days of a consistent trend, and still, I will be skeptical.

If you look at the chart above the graphs, there are only two states reporting new cases today, and that just can't be right. It would be nice, but it just doesn't seem likely.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-30-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock