Started on: 01-15-2020 01:38 PM
Replies: 4 (157 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-16-2020 08:36 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yippee were all gonna die.... Again.

I had chilli for dinner and fried eggs for breakfast. Wonder what I am on the global threat scale?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See what happens when you disrespect the Greta?

The above is a real photograph: https://www.smithsonianmag....ddess-pele-wakes-up/
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if an asteroid hit earth and set into motion a long winter, ice age.
One could hypothesize That in the 40-60's when all the powers tested nukes, that the mushroom clouds put so much crap in the air, that it was cooling the earth, and maybe why science claimed a global cooling back then.
So, In the best interest of the world, I think we should restart testing of nukes and use the middle east as the "proving grounds" all for the betterment of cooling the earths global temps.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll do for some interim entertainment, but it's not the big one we are all breathlessly waiting for.

Think I'm going to hit a chemical store in the morning to see what I can cook up to speed along the Zombie Apocalypse. I'm just plain tired of waiting for the global to do it on it's own.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Well, if an asteroid hit earth and set into motion a long winter, ice age.
One could hypothesize That in the 40-60's when all the powers tested nukes, that the mushroom clouds put so much crap in the air, that it was cooling the earth, and maybe why science claimed a global cooling back then.
So, In the best interest of the world, I think we should restart testing of nukes and use the middle east as the "proving grounds" all for the betterment of cooling the earths global temps.

Not that big of a "deal", and taken altogether, I doubt that all of the test bombs during that period added together had even as much of a global cooling effect as the occasional "big" volcanic eruption. That's my "take." Because, with the exception of the two Japanese cities at the end of World War Two, there weren't any real targets.

They had test targets like buildings and ships, but not one of the above ground nuclear bomb tests created the amount of smoke and soot that would have resulted from using a nuclear bomb to destroy a major city. There were above ground tests that exploded at altitudes that were high enough that it didn't cause "stuff" at ground level to rise into the atmosphere. There were below ground tests that did not release "stuff" into the atmosphere in any significant way, except for a "little" radioactivity.

"If you can find a better car explanation, buy (into) it."

I hope I haven't inconvenienced anyone by using up all of the available quotation (") marks.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-16-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock