Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  'The world is tiny, compared to the universe.' Trump remarks on wind energy turbines.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
'The world is tiny, compared to the universe.' Trump remarks on wind energy turbines. by rinselberg
Started on: 01-15-2020 03:25 AM
Replies: 10 (173 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-15-2020 10:02 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imagine a role play game, in which you take the role of a classroom teacher or seminar leader, and proceed to elucidate very specific questions and talking points, as part of a "Pros and Cons of Wind Energy" curriculum topic.

That's something to consider, as you weigh the momentous personal decision of whether to play in this new sand box, or return without further delay to the Pennock's catalog of active "Totally O/T" forum topics.

Towards the end of last year, MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes" had a brief segment (three and a half minutes) that highlighted a variety of colorful remarks from President Trump on the topic of wind turbines ("wind mills") and wind energy.

These were remarks by the President that go back to August 2018 and most recently, on December 21, 2019, when the President spoke on stage at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida.

His most recent remarks were packaged by a number of well known media outlets using the (generic) teaser or news banner of "Trump's strange rant about wind turbines."

Would you like to view (or review, if you were watching in December) this three and a half minutes of video content from MSNBC, which includes video "moments" of the President making his remarks, interspersed with commentary from MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes?

There are two viewing options that are roughly interchangeable. Either will subject you to a brief commercial advertisement before the program content begins. You can expect to be hit with a 15-second commercial, although YouTube will likely let you opt out after the first 5 seconds with a Skip Ad option.

Watch it on YouTube(.com)
https://youtu.be/VwqKpA9KFh8

Or, MSNBC(.com)
https://www.msnbc.com/all-i...the-wind-75631173743

That's the first move. The opening gambit. The complimentary raw oyster with cocktail sauce, for taking the time and trouble to arrive at this point.

The next move is yours.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give you one thing Rinse... your posts are unique.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I'll give you one thing Rinse... your posts are unique.

That is why we keep him around, that and the fact that there are a lot of good words just laying around, doing nothing. Rinselberg provides jobs for all of those extra words, which would otherwise be roaming the streets, aimlessly. You know: Idle words are the devil’s workshop.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought 'All In' was a comedy show.

Not a really good one, and not really funny, but it certainly couldn't be classified as 'news' or 'information'.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a confession to offer. This is first and foremost, a teaser. A not very subtly baited hook at the end of a fishing line. Will anyone "bite" and watch the three and a half minutes of video content? And if anyone does, will they add their own message(s) to this thread?

Trump and Wind Energy Turbines... at face value, his off the cuff remarks on the topic are mostly ill-founded and misleading (so I believe) and when he improvised in a way that had him saying "The world is tiny, compared to the universe,"... a literally Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (WTF) kind of moment.

Is this best understood by the "light" of the 2016 campaign maxim that Trump's detractors take his informal remarks literally but not seriously, while his supporters take them seriously but not literally?

This could be a canvas, or a graffiti-ready wall for word stylings of a Wind Energy Realism aesthetic; for example (and following my own lead)

There is no one size fits all kind of way to appraise the net value to society of a Wind Energy installation, without moving from the generic to the specific.

Is it on shore or off shore? Are the turbines of a fairly common size? Or is this one of the newer "mega-sized" installations, where a smaller number of very long turbine blades, operating very high above the ground or sea surface, provide the same energy as would (many) more turbines of the older and more common size? What was the expected service life of the turbine blades before refurbishing or replacement, and what is the actuality of it?

Just a few of the first questions that come to (one) mind.

Or not.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I asked those questions years ago.
Glad you're catching up.

The short answer is 'Interesting, but not practical technology from many standpoints, most important being ROI'.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CNN ran a news reel on turbine blades earlier this week. Hence the uptake of wind turbine and President Donald J. Trump talk.

Shiny things and such.

TDS

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-15-2020).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Rinse. All those words and its like nothing. Just vapor.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I offer your constitutes Rinse...

OK, we have watched a demonstration or two, but as you view this TDS, watch how difficult it is for the protestors to get on the ground, and again when they attempt standing and upright motion.

Antifa in Seattle...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9vF6w_1579068527
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I offer your constitutes Rinse...

OK, we have watched a demonstration or two, but as you view this TDS, watch how difficult it is for the protestors to get on the ground, and again when they attempt standing and upright motion.

Antifa in Seattle...

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9vF6w_1579068527

That is actually funny. A small bunch of left wing wackos. I am 70 and I think I can get up and down better than they can.

Just what are they going to do when they find out that President Trump is reelected for a second term?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I have a confession to offer.

Is it that you finally recognize that you are profoundly mentally ill and need help?

Originally posted by rinselberg:

....a literally Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (WTF) kind of moment.

Yeah, we know. It's same kind of moment we all have when we see another one of your incoherent posts.

GET HELP Ronald

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-15-2020).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay