Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Never seen anything like it. But, it's never happened before.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Never seen anything like it. But, it's never happened before. by blackrams
Started on: 01-13-2020 06:20 AM
Replies: 15 (251 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-14-2020 09:43 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chiefs storm back for blowout win

As stated, it ain't happened before and I'm not blaming the Texans. Watched the game twice now. If KC hadn't screwed the Pooch in the first quarter, the score wouldn't have been 24-0 at the end of the first quarter. The Second quarter was totally different and after the half time break, KC dominated in a way that I've never seen before. Seven consecutive drives ending in touchdowns. A surreal display of superiority. Maybe KC (as a team) played the best game they'll ever play or, maybe they are the best team in the NFL, I don't know.

What I do know is, that was the best come back I've ever seen. Sorry Texan fans.

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Chiefs storm back for blowout win

As stated, it ain't happened before and I'm not blaming the Texans.
What I do know is, that was the best come back I've ever seen. Sorry Texan fans.

You need to get out more watch more football.
That was a good game, umm, first half.

Houston ... the Houston Oiler's lost a playoff game in Buffalo when leading by 34 points.

Perhaps Houston can borrow the San Francisco 49er's certified therapy dog.

, can you imagine overpaid millionairs needing a team therapy dog ?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seven consecutive drives ending in touchdowns and an eighth drive that could have. KC was so far ahead they drove down and settled for a field goal. It’s never been done before.

Simply the most superior display of teamwork I have ever seen.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Simply the most superior display of teamwork I have ever seen.

I agree, and props to the Chiefs for not giving up, down 24-0.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The game did not surprise me one bit, and the real Houston Texans showed up in the 2nd half.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry Don. When the real Houston football teams arrives, they will come in with flying cars.

Kidding, I was hoping it would be your / our year.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The Chiefs’ offense was so prolific that Arrowhead Stadium ran out of fireworks"

https://www.kansascity.com/...8.html#storylink=cpy

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-13-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Don't worry Don. When the real Houston football teams arrives, they will come in with flying cars.

Kidding, I was hoping it would be your / our year.

We had one already.
Houston Oilers, winner of 1960 and 1961 AFC championships. (this was before the merger of AFL/NFL and before the superbowl)
Unless something has changed I'm unaware of, the '61 Oilers are the only team in AFL or NFL history to score 45 points or more six times in a single season.

In those days, Houston's opponents had familiar names, but attached to different cities.
The New York Titans, Dallas Texans and the Boston Patriots. Ironically, NY became the Jets when they moved out of the Polo Grounds and into Shea stadium, the Oilers eventually moved to Tenn, (thanks Bud )& became the Tenn Titans, Dallas team moved to KC and became the Chiefs and later, a new Dallas team was formed & became the Cowboys, and Houston became the Texans.
Deepest cut of all was when The Baltimore Colts owner moved the entire team and all their equipment to Indianapolis in the middle of the night in Mar 29, 1984. I was a big fan of the Colts at that time.

As an aside, there was a different Dallas Texan team in the early days of the NFL also called the Dallas Texans that played/existed for only 1 season. They played only 1/2 of that season in Dallas, couldn't draw enough fans to make their payroll, eventually the team was taken over by the League itself& played the rest of the year as a roving team, playing their 'homegames' in Akron Ohio, Hershey Pa, and Detroit (while retaining their Dallas Texans name) and the League then moved the franchise to Baltimore and that was how the Baltimore Colts were born. Ironically, the name of that franchise before it was the Dallas Texans was the New York Yanks, and the new Dallas owner at first, wanted to name it the Dallas Rangers but at the last minute, opted for the Texans name.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-13-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting, and thank you.
In 1960 I might have been one year old. I was surprised when the Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee. Especially being 'oilfield' and they were called the Tennessee Oilers, .

I also heard mention that before they were named the Texans, that the moniker 'Roughnecks' were in strong consideration.

I am also disappointed in stadium names. There is no Candlestick Stadium, no Three Rivers stadium, et all. Now I can't tell where XXX is.

They are doing the same thing with street names in San Antonio. Except not for corporate dollars. They are named after some groups preferred figure. Usually proceed by the moniker "memorial".
Now when I visit I miss exits looking for what I once knew.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was also an early Chicago team named the Rockets...changed a year or two later to the Chicago Hornets.
Florida's first professional sports team was part of that early All American Football League (AAFL ran from '46-'49) and the Fla franchise name was the Miami Seahawks.
AAFL was eventually swallowed up by/admitted to the old NFL.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001
What are now the Arizona Cardinals were originally the Chicago Cardinals. When the Cardinals first arrived in St Louis from Chicago in 1960, they kept the Cardinal name even tho St Louis already had the St Louis Card baseball team. I remember the football team just being called the Football Cards.

Brooklyn had both a pro baseball and pro NFL football team named the Dodgers..at the same time. Brooklyn Dodger football team name had previously been the Triangles.. It would sound & seem strange to most of us today, but at one time, the Brooklyn Dodger football team played the New York Yankee football team.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of Houston...

Houston Astros GM and manager suspended over theft of pitching signs
Jeff Luhnow and A.J. Hinch will be suspended without pay for the 2020 season.

Houston Astros General Manager Jeff Luhnow and manager A.J. Hinch have been suspended for a year after an investigation of the Texas team by Major League Baseball into allegations that the team illegally used electronic equipment to steal opponents' pitching signs.

Luhnow and Hinch will be suspended without pay for the 2020 season and the Astros will have to forfeit its first- and second-round picks in the 2020 and 2021 MLB Drafts, according to the MLB. The team was also fined $5 million, which is the highest fine allowed.

Four people associated with the Astros during the 2017 season said the team used a camera in the outfield to steal the signs that catchers flash to pitchers during home games, the subscription sports site The Athletic reported in November. That was the year the Astros won their only World Series title.

<SNIP>

Elisha Fieldstadt for NBC News; January 13, 2020.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...ching-signs-n1114701
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Seven consecutive drives ending in touchdowns.

Joe Burrows, of the LSU Tigers defeated the defending National Champion Auburn Tigers, threw for seven touchdowns. I do not know how many drives were consecutive.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35768 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Oops. I think he ran two in.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Joe Burrows, of the LSU Tigers defeated the defending National Champion Auburn Tigers, threw for seven touchdowns. I do not know how many drives were consecutive.

No he didn't.
Joe Burrow was 3 years old last time Auburn played for national championship..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock