Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Say It Ain't So John! DOJ 'Hillary' probe strikes out on Uranium One, Clinton 'Fund'. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Say It Ain't So John! DOJ 'Hillary' probe strikes out on Uranium One, Clinton 'Fund'. by rinselberg
Started on: 01-10-2020 01:18 AM
Replies: 71 (907 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 01-18-2020 03:40 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Still doesn't change the fact he was caught using the charity as a piggy bank.

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Hmm

Pot meet kettle. No "talk about ad hominem", just facts.

Do liberals even think before they talk?

I do not have to be a nice guy in this situation. Carry on...
IP: Logged
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
Pot meet kettle. No "talk about ad hominem", just facts.

Do liberals even think before they talk?

I do not have to be a nice guy in this situation. Carry on...

I'm not a liberal. I'm sure you desperately want to place me in some box/label so you can dismiss me, but you are incorrect.

Second, he brought up something 15 years ago which has exactly jack-**** to do with this thread but only to smear me. That's the definition of ad-hominem. You want to make a thread discussing that situation, I'd be glad to participate. I apologized for my actions back then, was wrong, owned up to them, and will STILL apologize for them.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not a liberal. I'm sure you desperately want to place me in some box/label so you can dismiss me, but you are incorrect.

Second, he brought up something 15 years ago which has exactly jack-**** to do with this thread but only to smear me. That's the definition of ad-hominem. You want to make a thread discussing that situation, I'd be glad to participate. I apologized for my actions back then, was wrong, owned up to them, and will STILL apologize for them.

"Desperately"? You believe me to be desperate? Hmm?

I am not worried about your past. Please do not be angry at me for your past indiscretions. I will not play nice if your past defines our future.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Desperately"? You believe me to be desperate? Hmm?

I am not worried about your past. Please do not be angry at me for your past indiscretions. I will not play nice if your past defines our future.

How does my past define our future?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I apologize; I was wrong. While he had to dissolve his charity and pay $2MM, he was not banned from operating one.
https://www.reuters.com/art...eneral-idUSKBN1OH1TH

Still doesn't change the fact he was caught using the charity as a piggy bank.

Ok bubba, ... from your link ...

He added that over the past decade, the foundation had distributed about $19 million, including $8.25 million of Trump’s personal money, to over 700 charitable organizations.

Your President Trump donated $8.25 million then BORROWED ... your link ...

The lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation also seeks to recoup $2.8 million and ban Trump and his three eldest children from leadership roles in any other New York charity.

What a scoundrel your President is.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 01-13-2020).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I apologize; I was wrong.

That seems to be a recurring theme with you, and goes back a long way.

I do respect that you own up to it though.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-13-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

OK, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Your president trump donated $8.25MM then BORROWED. . .

$100 to Saint Judes right now if you can point out in the article where it states he "borrowed" the money.

I'll post the article in it's entirety for you:

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s namesake charitable foundation has agreed to dissolve under court supervision, partially resolving a New York state lawsuit claiming he misused it to advance his 2016 presidential campaign and his businesses, the state attorney general said on Tuesday.

The lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation also seeks to recoup $2.8 million and ban Trump and his three eldest children from leadership roles in any other New York charity.

The agreement, which must be approved by a New York state judge, would give state Attorney General Barbara Underwood the power to vet the charities that receive the foundation’s remaining assets.

Underwood said in a statement that the foundation had served as “little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests,” and called the agreement “an important victory for the rule of law.”

Alan Futerfas, a lawyer for the Trumps, responded in a statement that the lawsuit had delayed the foundation’s plan to dissolve after Trump won the U.S. presidential election in November 2016.

He added that over the past decade, the foundation had distributed about $19 million, including $8.25 million of Trump’s personal money, to over 700 charitable organizations.

Trump, a Republican, has previously said on Twitter that Underwood’s lawsuit was a concoction by “sleazy New York Democrats.” In their motion to dismiss the case, the Trumps said it reflected Underwood’s “pervasive bias” against them.

The new agreement came less than a month after Justice Saliann Scarpulla of the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan rejected the motion to dismiss.

The motion had argued that the U.S. Constitution immunized Trump from Underwood’s claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, improper self-dealing, and misuse of assets belonging to the Foundation.

Underwood sued Trump and his adult children Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka on June 14, after a 21-month probe that she said uncovered “extensive unlawful political coordination” between the foundation and Trump’s campaign.

Underwood alleged, among other things, that Trump wrongly ceded control to his campaign of about $2.8 million donated to the foundation in a 2016 Iowa fundraiser for military veterans. Other challenged expenses included $100,000 to settle a dispute involving Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, and $10,000 for a portrait of Trump that was later hung at one of his golf clubs.

Originally posted by cliffw:

What a scoundrel your President is.

First, -our- president. I'm guessing you said -your- as some sort of jab; swing and a miss, doesn't bother me. But alas, this is where we are. When Trump is caught doing something illegal, it's only an issue because "those demoncrat 'libruls'!" . I simply hold our president to the same standards regardless of political affiliation. If Obama had done this, you would have gone apocalyptic. Trump does it and you can't even bat an eye. The entire problem is that what he did was illegal. This is why he settled. Trump was the same guy who said he doesn't settle. . . yet settled this. . .I wonder why that is? /sarcasm.

Second, you know the Clintons have donated $14MM of their personal money to their foundation, right? And that their foundation has donated over $2B? So is it the dollar amount that's the issue? If so, why don't you lend the same position to the Clintons?

If Trump is worth $10+Billion as he claims, $8MM should be pocket change, especially considering he could have (and most likely) used those donations as a tax writeoff.

Also, are we going to continue to gloss over the fact that you said the Clinton Foundation isn't a charity even though it is?

After all this is said and done, this is a complete side track. The underlying fact is that Huber has essentially closed the investigation and people that are so wedded to the idea of there -has- to be something, continue to yell at the sky in anger. Investigation after investigation have turned up fruitless. At some point you should do some self introspect and realize that these may be more politically charged than in reality. How many times do you need to not have things go the way you want to realize that you may be wrong? But at this point, be my guest. Continue wasting political capital over nothing burgers and yelling at the sky when they don't turn out the way you want.

And to be clear, if the Clintons do get charged due to more information, I will -gladly- change my position. :thumbs:

Cheers,

You have failed to address a single one of my posts, only attack and (attempt) to antagonize. F in debate and subject material. Solid C in trolling.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by randye:

That seems to be a recurring theme with you, and goes back a long way.

I do respect that you own up to it though.

I have no issue admitting when I am wrong/mistaken.

Are you going to hold Cliff to the same standard when he said the Clinton foundation isn't a charity even though it is?

Or are you going to admit you're wrong about there being "illegal dealings" with Uranium One since repeated investigations have turned up fruitless?
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I am just a guy. I hold no issues with you. Just not the fight that I am looking for.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the settlement docs: https://iapps.courts.state....THzexg==&system=prod

In several places, the docs mention dates and amounts where funds were reimbursed, with interest. Some may disagree, but that sounds like every loan I ever took out. I would like to suggest that anyone who actually cares, take the time to read, understand and draw their own conclusions.

As an example, $10,000 was donated for the infamous portrait which briefly hung in the hotel and then was returned to the charity. That is far different than what has been implied in many "news" reports.

There seems to be quite a bit of dispute regarding the amount of donations and their distribution from the January 2016 fundraiser. I will not attempt to sort out that mess or rely on any single source claiming to have the facts.

I my opinion, there was no nefarious intent and one mistake by a clerk who worked for the Trump foundation. If there were criminal activity, it would have been discovered in the three years of intense investigation that has surrounded the Trump administration.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have failed to address a single one of my posts, only attack and (attempt) to antagonize. F in debate and subject material. Solid C in trolling.

Lighten up skippy
this thread is about Hillary not Trump, I just did the same thing you did.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no issue admitting when I am wrong/mistaken.

Or are you going to admit you're wrong about there being "illegal dealings" with Uranium One since repeated investigations have turned up fruitless?

That's great.

Are you going to admit that you're WRONG AGAIN that I ever asserted that?

Maybe you're just firmly and permanently parked on the far left side of the Dunning-Kruger graph, but then those that are don't know that they are.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Here are the settlement docs: https://iapps.courts.state....THzexg==&system=prod

In several places, the docs mention dates and amounts where funds were reimbursed, with interest. Some may disagree, but that sounds like every loan I ever took out. I would like to suggest that anyone who actually cares, take the time to read, understand and draw their own conclusions.

As an example, $10,000 was donated for the infamous portrait which briefly hung in the hotel and then was returned to the charity. That is far different than what has been implied in many "news" reports.

There seems to be quite a bit of dispute regarding the amount of donations and their distribution from the January 2016 fundraiser. I will not attempt to sort out that mess or rely on any single source claiming to have the facts.

I my opinion, there was no nefarious intent and one mistake by a clerk who worked for the Trump foundation. If there were criminal activity, it would have been discovered in the three years of intense investigation that has surrounded the Trump administration.

Interesting. Trump used the charity to pay his legal bill's and seemed to only reimburse the charity after the investigation started. If I could get a 10yr $100k personal loan at < 1.75% APR where the balance is only due at the end, I would take out as many as I could.

The other issue is that Trump used the charity for political purposes which is also prohibited. (Also listed in that link)

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

That's great.

Are you going to admit that you're WRONG AGAIN that I ever asserted that?

So are you arguing there's nothing wrong in Hillarys dealing with Uranium One?? If so, I'll gladly admit.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 01-13-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So are you arguing Hillary is innocent WRT Uranium One? If so, I'll gladly admit.

This isn't a "binary" thing Sparky.

I made ZERO assertions about Granny Clinton one way or the other.

YOU said that I did.

YOU are WRONG AGAIN

Just man up and admit it and move the hell on.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This isn't a "binary" thing Sparky.

I made ZERO assertions about Granny Clinton one way or the other.

YOU said that I did.

YOU are WRONG AGAIN

Just man up and admit it and move the hell on.

Lol, you can't admit it. Noted.

I read you like a book and you're ticked.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 01-13-2020).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
And to add, that's exactly why I dislike clinton. She'll take a position and argue for said position, but when she gets called out on it, she denies she never 'explicitly' stated she supported said thing.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol, you can't admit it. Noted.

I read you like a book and you're ticked.

"admit" what exactly?

"ticked"?

You Leftists always assume that everyone else operates just like you do.....on emotion.

I am about as dispassionate about you and your nonsense as I could possibly be, and I also read YOU like a book; you can't voluntarily man up.....

....and you DO live on the upper left corner of the Dunning-Kruger graph.

Go back and read every post in this thread and cite anywhere that I asserted Clinton's guilt on any issue.

How many times do you need to not have things go the way you want to realize that you may be wrong?

You should be asking that of yourself, not of others.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting. Trump used the charity to pay his legal bill's and seemed to only reimburse the charity after the investigation started. If I could get a 10yr $100k personal loan at < 1.75% APR where the balance is only due at the end, I would take out as many as I could.

The legal bill in question consisted of a donation to the Fisher House Foundation, which provides lodging for families of vets who are hospitalized. The Fisher House provided the following statement:

Fisher House’s Childress said her foundation, which has built houses all over the U.S. and as far away as German and England, had no way to know if the Trump donation presented an ethical or legal problem. “We received a check from the Trump Foundation and we’re grateful for that, as we are from any foundations,” she said.

The other issue is that Trump used the charity for political purposes which is also prohibited. (Also listed in that link)

The January 2016 Fundraiser is debatable, the "Justice for All" donation was an error by a clerk.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The legal bill in question consisted of a donation to the Fisher House Foundation, which provides lodging for families of vets who are hospitalized.

To provide a little more detail, the city fined Trump for flying an American flag over his hotel. Trump sued the city and in a mediated settlement, the court ordered him to pay $100,000 to the Fisher House. Trump borrowed money from the Trump Foundation to pay Fisher House, then paid back the Trump foundation with his own money.

Does anyone really think that a man with Trump's money would risk legal jeopardy for $100k? That's like what? $100 to you and me?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2020).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And to add, that's exactly why I dislike clinton. She'll take a position and argue for said position, but when she gets called out on it, she denies she never 'explicitly' stated she supported said thing.

Holy crap, you just described Boondawg to a T!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$100 to Saint Judes right now if you can point out in the article where it states he "borrowed" the money.

Sheesh, we (the wife and I) donate to them already, and the Schriners hospital.

No, action by partisan hacks did not take action because he borrowed the money. If he gave me 8 million to start a charity foundation, and I could pay staffing, and still charitably donate 19 million, he would not need a gun to want two million back.
For whatever reason.

Who did those partisan hacks hurt ? I can think of 19 million.

I will be back after the second half of the college football championship. It looks like the Tigers will win, just as I predicted, .

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow its nice to see all of you have a discussion/debate without acting like total pricks to one another..

Oh wait....

Nevermind.....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Wow its nice to see all of you have a discussion/debate without acting like total pricks to one another..

Oh wait....

Nevermind.....

I wish I had time to play video games.

If this is too heavy for you, we can always do things the democratic way and riot, loot, and steal. Or, how about we just petition Cliff for a Kids Table so that those with hurt feelings can play also and get their participation awards.

I build custom cry closets...

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 01-14-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, that's the funniest thing I've seen all week!

I'm here all week

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

proving once again that feces rolls downhill.......
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2020 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The report should stste, that.
"all members of the council rather not end up dead, so we found nothing."
the end.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

English, the language that we use to communicate clearly to others our ideas and opinions. English please.

Enjoy your day...
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

English, the language that we use to communicate clearly to others our ideas and opinions. English please.

Enjoy your day...

Tony, If you can't read what I wrote and understand it, I can't help you.
but what does the liberal play book say to do, when your belittling tactic doesn't work.
I'm sure you have the liberal play book memorized.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-16-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no actual news from the John Huber investigation.

It seems that Huber has a history of doing nothing: https://republicans-oversig...igation-due-1-21.pdf

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-18-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock