Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Open world online (old school) Fallout game.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Open world online (old school) Fallout game. by Jonesy
Started on: 01-09-2020 09:09 AM
Replies: 12 (280 views)
Last post by: Jonesy on 01-21-2020 08:37 AM
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this about a year ago, meant to get too it, but kinda forgot about it. Decided to load it up yesterday morning with my coffee.

Man is this game good! I dunno if any of you guys ever played the old school Fallout games. Fallout 1 & 2, and Tactics.

They where basically just like the current Fallout series Fallout 3, NV, 4.. Open world RPG, Only played from a old school dungeon crawler isometric viewpoint. And played with turn based combat using action points.

This is the same. You start off with the choice to either just start in the wasteland with a few supplies and see how long you last. Or you can do a tutorial camp that shows you the ropes of the game, earns you a few levels, and gets you a "starting package".. Giving you some gear to start your life in the wasteland with.

Once your out in the world, its basically the entire maps from Fallout 1 and 2, with all the area's and places to visit. Plus a bunch of new area's mainly too the far south that are inspired from Fallout 4. More for high level players. Plus there are tons of different random encounter area's that you can find on the map, and dozens of smaller side locations.

Gameplay is slightly different than the original games, as you can play "real time" combat where you can move and act freely during combat, you still use action points, but its not "stop and go" like the original games turn based combat. But you can play the classic way as well if you wish.

Eventually after doing a bunch of small jobs and little fetch quests you'll have enough caps and materials to craft your first tent. Which is a "home base" you can place on the world map, where you can live and store your stuff. (Took me about 3 hours to get my first tent) You can have up to 10 of these on the map. Over time as you level up and learn new skills, buy blueprints ect, you can build better bases. Upgrade to a safe house, eventually building your own giant bases, or even your own custom vault (end game high level stuff).. Once you get your first tent down is when the game really starts. Once you got a place to store your stuff, you can just start exploring around, doing whatever quests/jobs you want, and start leveling up and surviving. High level players do team raids where you fight entire towns of enemies. (there is no survival game crap where you gotta eat and drink and stuff like that)..

I played all day yesterday lol.. Started at 7am, and didn't stop until about midnight. Really fun. Got myself to level 8, with a safe house and a few tents on the map. Got really lucky went to a town and some other player had just dropped like 30 really high end guns on the ground (legendary grade).. So i scooped them all up and sold most and made a crap ton of caps, and was able to get myself some high level combat armor and kept about 7 of the good guns, lol.

Of course you gotta watch out for other players. Main town locations are safe zones, but anywhere else its kill or be killed out there. I don't bump into them often (the map is massive) but you always gotta be cautious. Your pipboy will warn you when other players are in the same "map zone" as you. (its grid based). There are bandit clans, brotherhood clans and other players that like to roleplay, i met a guy that just hangs out in "New Reno" and tries to pick pocket everyone, lol.

Also there's no "perma-death" or anything like that. If you die out in the wasteland, to a monster or other npc, you just respawn in the nearest town with all your gear. But you lose a chunk of XP...

But!

If another player kills you, they can loot your corpse and take all your stuff.. So just be aware of that, lol.

Oh just a bit of advice for when you first start before you get your first tent down. When you got to log out, make sure you do it somewhere in the wasteland. NOT in a town where there are other players around. Your character stays on in the game for 3 minutes after you log out. In which case you can be stripped naked by other players that steal your stuff lmao. So when you log out, enter any random spot on the world map, make sure nobody followed you and your alone, then log out. lol..

Of course once you get your first tent down it won't matter since you'll always log out at one of those. Oh! also when leaving a town or populated area, make sure no players are following you before you head to your tent/base.. (your pipboy will show someone is in your "group" if someone is following you).. Players will do that.. Hang out at the entrances to towns, then "follow" someone to see if they lead them back to their tent.. Lots of thieves out there! lol.

Anyway its a lot of fun, and totally free. Give it a shot.

https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 01-09-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2020 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had an interesting encounter last night..

Little backstory. When starting a new character in this game, its best to figure out what type of "build" your gonna do. As its better to specialize.

So im building my character to be a sniper class.. So i have a nearly maxed out firearm skills (rifles, pistols, and shotguns). And a high level Perception skill, (8/10). Which means i can see things on the map from much father distance. And of course i got lucky the other day and found a legendary class sniper rifle, one of the best sniper rifles in the game.

So i just finished turning in a quest at a town (The Den), and just left town to start my long trek back to my safe-house. When my pipboy warns me that someone names Nicholas is following me.

So i walk to a open desert area on the world map and enter (that way its just a sand map, no trees or rocks for cover).

Now when you load into a "encounter map" which is any random spot on the world map. If someone else is following you, when you spawn in, you will be in random spots. So as soon as i spawn in, i run too the west edge of the map, put my back too it, and sit and wait with my dog Bonesy.. (i have a dog now, lol)

Now the dog pretty much sucks in combat, he has low health, so he dies easy. BUT! He has a level 10 perception. Which is the max. So he can see even farther than i can. So he's not much good in fight, but he makes a great early warning system.

About 10 seconds later, Bonesy starts to bark, and starts running northeast (he spotted Nicholas) So i run a few meters towards Bonesy, and sure enough, theres my target.

I'm level 9, and Nicholas is level 87, and wearing T51b power armor. (there are 3 different sets of power armor in the game, and T51b is the first one you can get access too. And power armor is the best in the game.) and hes carrying an H&K auto shotgun (best shotgun in the game)..

But hes over half the map away, no way he can hit me from that far, and unless he has maxed out perception, he probably doesn't even see me yet..

Fire off a shot with my sniper.. BAM! Critical hit! Knocks him from 180hp to 43hp.

He sees me now! Hes running at me trying to get closer so he can use his auto shogun to tear me up, but Bonesy gets too him first and engages in combat, which stops Nicholas in his tracks..

So while hes busy with Bonesy, i quickly us "V.A.T.S." Line up a headshot, and fire! BAM! Nicholas explodes into a mass of bloody chunks!

Lucky i got him when i did, one more hit and i would have lost Bonesy..

Went over to loot poor Nicholas's body, got a few profanity's shouted at me, lol.. I thanked him for the free set of T51b power armor, (which i can't even wear yet, im too low level, lol) and went on my way..

Nicholas let me know he would find me again and get revenge because "no noob like me kills him and gets away with it".. lmao. So looks like iv made my first enemy! lol..

Great stuff!

Would love to see some of you guys in game. We can start a "team faction".. Give you guys access to my bases and all the gear iv collected thus far, give y'all a head start.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 01-11-2020).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gave it a try, I don't think it is for me.

I saw someone named shemdogg playing at the same. I don't recall seeing him post any time recently, but it can't be just a coincidence
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I gave it a try, I don't think it is for me.

I saw someone named shemdogg playing at the same. I don't recall seeing him post any time recently, but it can't be just a coincidence

Yeah its built off an old late 90's game. So the gameplay and UI is a bit clunky by todays standards. And the game starts off pretty slow. The first few hours are you just running around doing simple quests to level up, and get some gear. Once you have a tent though, whole game changes, you start to explore the map at will, getting in battles, finding new places, ect.

If you where into old dungeon crawlers from back in the mid to late 90's (Fallout series, Baulders Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, ect) you will enjoy this..

But its not for everyone.

I just finished building my first large base.. It an old abandoned car depot. Has two large buildings with multiple rooms, and lots of lockers to organize and store your loot and gear. Caught and tamed a couple Brahmin (cows) also, so iv got some cows in my pen at my base. Got me an NPC human companion also, he follows me around and acts as a body guard, uses a sniper rifle, and is quite good in combat. And of course iv still got my dog Bonesy who now stands guard at my base..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 01-14-2020).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome game! Jonesy how do I find you? Im doing jobs at the hub, cant fight in rt for chit - look for me macguyver1

shem
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was playing for a little bit, and then I saw someone named shemdogg and also LitebulbwithaFiero, seemed unlikely that it was a coincidence though.

Hahah, just kidding.

I'll have to check it out. I tried playing the original Fallout, but I kept getting killed quickly in the Wasteland, and realized it was going to take too much time for me to get into. I have all the Fallout games (on sale at GOG), but haven't played any of the others yet. I'll check it out when I get some time... thanks!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Awesome game! Jonesy how do I find you? Im doing jobs at the hub, cant fight in rt for chit - look for me macguyver1

shem

We'll have to meet up in game.. We can meet at the Hub, or Junktown, my base is near there. My characters name is also Jonesy.

I should be on tonight around 7pm CST..

I'll get ya setup with some gear and weapons, and add you to my faction so you can use my bases to store your stuff.

If you have discord, ill invite you to my channel so we can talk while we play.

In the mean time a quick way to level up is to go to the Boneyard, and collect junk, get LOTS of it. Like 300 pieces.

Then go to the junktown mines and get some iron ore, same amount.

Then go craft as many knives as you can, you'll get a few levels real fast.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy

4694 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I was playing for a little bit, and then I saw someone named shemdogg and also LitebulbwithaFiero, seemed unlikely that it was a coincidence though.

Hahah, just kidding.

I'll have to check it out. I tried playing the original Fallout, but I kept getting killed quickly in the Wasteland, and realized it was going to take too much time for me to get into. I have all the Fallout games (on sale at GOG), but haven't played any of the others yet. I'll check it out when I get some time... thanks!

You'll like it man, its really fun once you get past the tutorial stuff. We can meet up too if you like, ill get ya some decent gear to help keep ya alive a bit longer. And you can use my base too.

Basically what you wanna do is focus on fighting the smaller critters until your around lvl10, and avoid fighting humans with guns and stuff until then.

Also everyone remember, when you get into a random encounter, once you spawn into the area, you have 3 seconds to just run away before the enemies will react or do anything. So if you get into an encounter with something your not ready for yet, just immediately run too the edge and escape the map.

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jonesy im heading to junktown now, look for me. On my way from frisco

shem
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

Jonesy im heading to junktown now, look for me. On my way from frisco

shem

Hey bro, sorry i didn't get on last night.. Worked a 14hr shift and ended up passing out when i got home, lol..

I'll try to get on tonight (same time, around 7cst) But ill 100% be on this weekend.

PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2020 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Shem, ill be on today. Im on now, which its early in the morning i know so i don't expect you to be around, but im off work today, so i should be playing most of the day, so keep an eye out.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2020 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem, whats your Steam ID ?? (assuming you have steam) so i can get you on my friends list and we can message each other on chat when we're getting on fallout.. lol.. We need a easier way to communicate. Then i can just get you in Discord (assuming you have discord, lol) ...

I work all day today, but ill be home around 7pm (cst). So i'll be online once i get cleaned up and some dinner ready.

My Steam name is "Bones" (no quotes) .. (i have Eddie from Iron Maiden as my avatar, lol) If you can't find me, I'm also friends with Boonie on Steam, might help you find me easier if your friends with him, just check his friend list.

Man yesterday i got my arse whipped lol. I went to check out Vault 15 (its just East of NCR) .. Word too the wise, lol.. Might wanna avoid it until we get better armor and weapons. It's packed full of Slags (high level raiders basically) .. I killed all the molerats on the 1st level thinking it would be a cake walk, went down to level 2, and got attacked by 1 Slag. I figure no big deal, i got my auto shotty, 1 v 1 should be no problem. I fire one shot, and then 7 more come running from the other side of the level, lol..

I got exploded by a rocket launcher, lmao..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 01-21-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock