Best Lift for the home garage?? 5 year review by DimeMachine
Started on: 01-03-2020 07:58 PM
Replies: 6 (218 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 01-17-2020 11:58 AM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys,

I have had this for 5 years now and put together a review for anyone that might be considering a lift for their home garage/shop.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/xYeAJXJGt28
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool!
I commented in the vid, but I'll ask here, too.
Have you had any concerns about the anchors pulling out of the floor?
I imagined something much more stout to fasten the pillars down. (Picturing my Ram doing a "faceplant" off of a two-poster.... )
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen those portable car lifts they sell at Costco. Although they don't raise the vehicle as high as the ones you are showing. But I have a garage door opener above the vehicles in the garage that poises height problems.

https://www.costco.com/quic...oduct.100460313.html

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, I'm thinking of getting a set, for a few years, I haven't because of my garage's thin slab floor.
And jack hammering up the old floor isn't really an option.

I got to ask, as the video shows a rather large shop with no need for a lift that has a limited lifting height, why you'd choose these over a full height lift ?
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[i][/i]

Originally posted by Raydar:

Very cool!
I commented in the vid, but I'll ask here, too.
Have you had any concerns about the anchors pulling out of the floor?
I imagined something much more stout to fasten the pillars down. (Picturing my Ram doing a "faceplant" off of a two-poster.... )

When first get any lift installed, who wants to crawl under the big SUV first??? I left my Tahoe on it for a couple of days about 6" off the ground just to give me a little peace of mind that nothing was going to pull out. That was 5 years ago.... It does take a little while when it is new to get that comfort level up....
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How thin is your floor? You may have other options such as a 4 poost lift. IN general think most manufacturers only spec the need for a 4" slab for a 4 post lift.

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Nice, I'm thinking of getting a set, for a few years, I haven't because of my garage's thin slab floor.
And jack hammering up the old floor isn't really an option.

I got to ask, as the video shows a rather large shop with no need for a lift that has a limited lifting height, why you'd choose these over a full height lift ?

[This message has been edited by Hank is Here (edited 01-17-2020).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2020 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

How thin is your floor? You may have other options such as a 4 poost lift. IN general think most manufacturers only spec the need for a 4" slab for a 4 post lift.

6" thick, but is cracked in a few spots. poured in 1949 seems at sometime a ground hog tunneled under and the p/o never did anything so the ground under slab settled and it cracked.
Rolling a floor jack across the floor you can hear spots that sound hollow under the slab.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock