Started on: 12-31-2019 07:40 AM
Replies: 185 (3084 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-27-2020 07:25 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technology! There is a last phone call by the deceased! AT&T for the win baby!

IP: Logged
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\
/ \
|
|
For the win!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the streets of Iran today:

The chilling display is seen as a clear warning the Islamic Republic is ready to fulfil its worrying pledge to strike back at America and Donald Trump.

Wait a minute.....does anyone else see the irony of this "chilling display" of hate for America?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

"other' party members cannot be trusted for obvious (to most of us) reasons.
Is there a part of that you don't understand?

But you have me curious.
Exactly what about all that has you so upset?

(You can always follow Rose McGowan's lead if you want and tweet an apology to Iran and beg them not to kill you. )

THIS, is why the left wasn't informed.
People like Omar would have immediately leaked it to the NYT or WaPo and they would have published it immediately, alerting America's enemies.

That has got to be the most disgusting simpering tweet.. Twat... Whatever.. I have ever seen.

They want to kill me? OK, give it your best shot. I'm one old man 2 steps from a wheelchair with bifocals. I'll still beat you with my cane....if I can find it. Think it's in the truck.. Or under the couch.. Or somewhere.. frack it, I'll just put a boot up the Islamic ads.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Part of the point of it........make the Iranian populace worry what kind of unhappiness their own govt has brought down upon them.

Will you have the same outlook if they get an emt up and take out the grid here.?
Not siding with them, but They the countries people have to go with what those in power do.
Just like we have to go with what our swamp in d.c. goes. That we don't like/want.
I just wonder, when and if one of those mid east countries that we've been screwing with for 60+ years, finally hurts our way of life in a really big way, if you'll have the same reply for the people of the USA??
I don't like the leadership of Iran, but I can't blame the people of the country that can't be, and are not heard!!!!!!!!!!!
So, When a generation here has claimed you can't fight city hall, but then post what you did about those powerless to do anything about the leadership over there, I'm at odds.
Is it the ole, do as I say, (fight back at your leadership running the {iran}country) not as I do (tell folks you can't fight city hall).

p.s. All I hear in this country is folks stating the innercities control the way our state (pick one) lean. Should those folks that get outvoted, be hung for what they can't control, also?

It is so easy for us to say they should fight the leadership and take them out, yet we can't fix our own swamp.
Shouldn't we be getting our own house in order before we tell other countries people what to do/feel about their leadership???

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-04-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Wait a minute.....does anyone else see the irony of this "chilling display" of hate for America?

Obviously, they haven't seen Ford V Ferrari or they'd be driving something other than GMCs.

Reference Rose McGowan, had no idea who she is/was but, now I know who's work (movies) to avoid.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-04-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Obviously, they haven't seen Ford V Ferrari or they'd be driving something other than GMCs.

Rams

Please don't say GMC too loud right now. I've spent 7 trips and 3 days running to town to push-start a buddies Sierra. Starter went and we can't get shop space until Tuesday. Thank gawd it's a stick at least.

Everybody laughs at the Ford guys until you need a push.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess Dodge trucks are banned because the badge appeals to their prurient interests.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"They" already did hurt us. The NYC Trade Towers, Beirut, USS Cole, as well as several other attempts that failed. Yes, I feel the same should 'they' harm us even more here at home , even if it directly affects me, and millions more.
The alternative is even worse.
Tyranny is never satisfied with keeping terror and bloodshed within their own borders.
It is said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance, and that in itself often comes with a heavy price.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"They" already did hurt us. The NYC Trade Towers, Beirut, USS Cole, as well as several other attempts that failed. Yes, I feel the same should 'they' harm us even more here at home , even if it directly affects me, and millions more.
The alternative is even worse.
Tyranny is never satisfied with keeping terror and bloodshed within their own borders.
It is said that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance, and that in itself often comes with a heavy price.

That didn't answer the question. not that I expected an answer.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2020 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Will you have the same outlook if they get an emt up and take out the grid here.?

OK, so the EMT removes the grid.....then what?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, so the EMT removes the grid.....then what?

Pennywise comes over for coffee.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did answer. But to be clear, I will always feel the same no matter what 'they' do. 'They' could be anybody or anything. Will it be difficult? Yes. Will people die? By the thousands, maybe millions. I and my family could be among them, but
I'm not willing to go down the road of appeasement for any reason. This nation tried it when very young to the tune of 1/5 of it's GDP in ransom payments, until the 3rd president sent a naval force to end it. Appeasement and turning a blind eye never works.
'They' could nuke this country from one end to the other, and if I survive, my resolve will only be stronger.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-05-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That didn't answer the question. not that I expected an answer.

There have been several that have tried and yes they do cause change in our way of life.
Like the weather life changes, you cant control it only how you react to it.

Fanatics don't stop ever. They just backup and try again from another direction. Sitting back and doing nothing is not going to stop them.
Giving them what they want.. Well you ever have to take care of a wild animal? Sure its glad you are feeding it but first chance it gets its going to try and kill you.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Iran's Gen. Soleimani killed in U.S. airstrike at Baghdad airport
You were saying? It would appear you under estimate our President......

I very much enjoyed this post, thank you.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did answer. But to be clear, I will always feel the same no matter what 'they' do. 'They' could be anybody or anything. Will it be difficult? Yes. Will people die? By the thousands, maybe millions. I and my family could be among them, but
I'm not willing to go down the road of appeasement for any reason. This nation tried it when very young to the tune of 1/5 of it's GDP in ransom payments, until the 3rd president sent a naval force to end it. Appeasement and turning a blind eye never works.
'They' could nuke this country from one end to the other, and if I survive, my resolve will only be stronger.

So many have already forgotten "peace in our time". Iran will never be satisfied with a nuclear treaty or a pallet full of cash. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Enough is enough.

EDIT: I may not have ever mentioned that my one driving force to join the military was the 1979 invasion of our embassy in Tehran. I wanted to be in a position that should that ever happen again, I could personally do something about it. I flew combat missions in Desert Storm so I fulfilled that oath in part. But Iran occupies a special place in the darker part of my soul.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 01-05-2020).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can't drain our swamp. and good folks that happen to live in areas that the leadership is controlled by the other party , are stuck with what the leadership does.
DO YOU AGREE with everything congress does?? can you control it???
no you can't!!! anymore than the reg, joes over there can control what the leadership does.
This seems lost on you. And we get to openly comment on what our leadership does. and vote them in without fear of death from going against the in power leadership.
We got to bash bush/ Obama/ Clinton/ trump whom ever all we want. No ones coming to your door, to take you way for doing so.
So tell us, what should the reg joes over there do.??
easy answer for those with no skin in the game is to rise up against the leadership. but the same ones ststing that, can't do that in their own back yard. As it require getting involved more than just thinking about voting a few times every few years.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
We tend to tell other populace what they need/should do. while our house is just a royal mess.

My take is the middle east is a lost cause money pit. they've fought from day one. thousands of years ago. and we are not ever going to change that.
Yet we feel the need to stick out heads into that hornets nest. for the last 60+ years and can't understand why that populace hates us.
picking what side/area to support or not, at a whim, or if a cold war enemy happens to be fighting one side.
I think us trying to play puppet master over there is going to bite us in the ass hard. We can only keep them from technology for so long.
But those that have been picking at that hornet nest for the last 60+ years won't have to deal with any of that.
And when the pot boils over it is going to boil over big time, if we want it to or not.
Iran will nuke the jews, and they will return the favor and we'll not have to worry about global warming.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I very much doubt they will nuke Israel. Yes, they hate them, but the second part of the equation is they want territory and resources.

Nuking the territory leaves it unusable so they won't do that. Conventional weapons probably though.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its hard to nuke someplace without having any nukes....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism.

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) January 4, 2020
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

easy answer for those with no skin in the game is to rise up against the leadership. but the same ones ststing that, can't do that in their own back yard. As it require getting involved more than just thinking about voting a few times every few years.

I wouldn't know much about having 'no skin in the game'. I don't have much skin involved re the mideast other than having relatives that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq but I have been in that situation myself in a nation trying to retain democracy.

We believe that we are endowed with certain unalienable rights, among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If we believe that for ourselves, (and I do) then we must believe it for all others as well.
We as a fledgling nation did not throw off the yoke of monarchy and tyranny by ourselves and without help.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-05-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$80,000,000 bounty to anyone who brings President Trump's head to Iran.

I do hope that the United States of America sends another precision based missile up Iran's azz.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can't drain our swamp. and good folks that happen to live in areas that the leadership is controlled by the other party , are stuck with what the leadership does.
DO YOU AGREE with everything congress does?? can you control it???
no you can't!!! anymore than the reg, joes over there can control what the leadership does.
This seems lost on you. And we get to openly comment on what our leadership does. and vote them in without fear of death from going against the in power leadership.
We got to bash bush/ Obama/ Clinton/ trump whom ever all we want. No ones coming to your door, to take you way for doing so.

We tend to tell other populace what they need/should do. while our house is just a royal mess.

My take is the middle east is a lost cause money pit. they've fought from day one. thousands of years ago. and we are not ever going to change that.
Yet we feel the need to stick out heads into that hornets nest. for the last 60+ years and can't understand why that populace hates us.
picking what side/area to support or not, at a whim, or if a cold war enemy happens to be fighting one side.
I think us trying to play puppet master over there is going to bite us in the ass hard. We can only keep them from technology for so long.
But those that have been picking at that hornet nest for the last 60+ years won't have to deal with any of that.
And when the pot boils over it is going to boil over big time, if we want it to or not.
Iran will nuke the jews, and they will return the favor and we'll not have to worry about global warming.

Working up another speech for the next antifa meeting?

When E F urgal talks......

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I do hope that the United States of America sends another precision based missile up Iran's azz.

Oh, so they want to give some of the money back.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Doesn't Kathy Griffin already have a reasonable facsimile, we can send her and the fake head, win win situation.

dan

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$80 million is all they can come up with?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Iran's Gen. Soleimani killed in U.S. airstrike at Baghdad airport"

You were saying? It would appear you under estimate our President......

This is "You", checking in again.

As far as the "untimely" passing of the well known Iranian general, it was a good looking drone strike. I can't think of a better play call to start a possession, and the execution was flawless.

Keep in mind that it's all situational. That the current field position and game score is determined by everything that has already happened, and everything else that has not happened.

This comes only months after Trump was on the telephone with Erdogan. He "bit" on decoy A-gap pressure from Turkey. Just before the snap, Erdogan dropped back from the line of scrimmage and repositioned himself in zone pass coverage. That's when Trump threw an interception on the "Northern Syria, Kurdistan 18" pass play. It wasn't a pick six, but it led to points on the scoreboard--a field goal--and not for "us". Three points on the scoreboard against Team USA.

I'm keeping an open mind about what just happened to the (very) late Iranian general, but I have not the smallest reason to kick myself for not having foreseen that something so dramatic in the way of kinetic (military) action from Team USA was about to happen.

I've already remarked on MidEngineManiac's track record of predictions (or suggestions) that have routinely underperformed.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-05-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

This is "You", checking in again.

I've already remarked on MidEngineManiac's track record of predictions (or suggestions) that have routinely underperformed.

As I said previously, you appear to have under estimated our President.. has nothing to do with MEM.
Any bets on whether or not there are already (at least) 52 preselected targets for when the Iranian Proxies hit us back?

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-05-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Three years ago, I underestimated our President. I don't do that anymore.
(Well, actually two years, eleven months and fifteen days ago)

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-05-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$80 million is all they can come up with?

1 US dollar for each and every Iranian citizen.

I just spent several minutes trying to find the link. This could not be real. It could be some BS internet thing that I fell for. I am on the fence. Nobody should go to work tomorrow and tell this thread as truths.

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't know much about having 'no skin in the game'. I don't have much skin involved re the mideast other than having relatives that have served in Afghanistan and Iraq but I have been in that situation myself in a nation trying to retain democracy.

We believe that we are endowed with certain unalienable rights, among those are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If we believe that for ourselves, (and I do) then we must believe it for all others as well.
We as a fledgling nation did not throw off the yoke of monarchy and tyranny by ourselves and without help.

Again, as seen as you are not getting it.
Our house, here, our country is a mess, our congress isn't doing what the populace wants. yet we can't or WON'T change it.
yet you flat out blame the Iran populace for what their leadership that they can't control does.
Do you not see your hypocrisy?
You act like you're the only one that had family that served, you're not.
our own populace can't get off their ass to got to local government meetings, state or town, and be involved, and have to just deal with whatever the leadership does because of them not bothering to be involved, other countries populace don't have that option. they don't get a voice. they don't get to be HEARD.
I blame The leadership of Iran, not the populace that is powerless, and only hears what the leadership wants them to hear/know.
That is my point.
We produce enough fuel here to not even need to be in that hornets nest. AT ALL Israel can handle themselves quite nicely they don't need us.

We don't like it when the u.n. or anyone else tries to tell us what to do, or how to live, yet we can't understand when we do it to others, why they form murderous hate for us? The leadership might have earned the sanctions We and other countries put on them, but the populace doesn't hear that or understand it, they only know the overbearing usa that thinks they rule everything is harming my family.

Right or wrong that is what they are told and think.
Sadly the populace has no voice in any of it. on either side.
We just hope , at least in our case, we voted in people that will do the right thing and for the betterment of everyone.
That isn't always the case. Hell Nixon made up attacks so we could go to war.
And our defense wanted to frame cuba, so they could go to war with them, JFK blocked than, and that earned him a bullet to the skull.

We'll only know 30 years down the line if we've been lied to about counties in the middle east for the last 40 years, after it is old history.
I just hope, we are in there for the right reasons. But declassified doc's from the past show we are not always the honest nation we put out an image of. But hinsight is 20/20 So who knows, I just know from getting involved more than just a voter, that our government at all levels and both sides are not angels, or truthful at all.
So I take everything I am told/hear with a grain of salt. As we never get the WHOLE story and ALL the facts.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-05-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As I said previously, you appear to have under estimated our President.. has nothing to do with MEM.
Any bets on whether or not there are already (at least) 52 preselected targets for when the Iranian Proxies hit us back?

The number "52" ... that rings a bell.

Click to show

Or was that 55..?

Just to be on the safe side...

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-06-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"
Regional reactions in context
The assassinations of Soleimani and al-Muhandis gave some Middle East residents a sense of relief that they have finally been rid of two militia commanders who have brought much suffering to their communities.

But when Syrians, Iraqis, Yemenis and other Arabs posted celebratory comments on the assassinations of two commanders they perceive as war criminals, Iran's defenders immediately criticised these people, resorting to insisting they didn't know anything about their own countries, claiming they are pro-imperialism.

In so doing, these self-identified leftists and "anti-war" activists once again downplayed the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in the region. For them, the only civilian deaths that can be acknowledged are those caused by the military intervention of the US, Israel or their allies.

However, it is hard to cover up the crimes Iran and its regional proxies have committed over the past 10 years. Iran has backed and even advised on the brutal crackdown by the Syrian regime on opposition protests and later the mass killing of civilians through areal bombardment and merciless sieges; it has also sent Afghan refugee children to fight on its behalf in Syria. It has sent military equipment and personnel to the Houthis in Yemen, who just like their enemies, the Saudis and the Emiratis, have been accused of committing war crimes in the Yemeni conflict. In Iraq, they have supported and directed militias which have committed various crimes against Iraqi civilians.

In this sense, it is hardly surprising that Syrians who have gone through the trauma of losing friends and family in the siege of Aleppo and the insult of seeing images of Soleimani marching through their city (which they may never be able to return to) are celebrating his demise. It is also hardly surprising that Iraqi protesters, who have had to drag the bodies of friends shot in the head with Iranian military-grade gas grenades during attacks by Iranian-backed militias on their demonstrations, would now be cheering the demise of al-Muhandis who had been accused of directing the crackdown.

These same left-wing people who proclaim concern about foreign intervention, refuse to acknowledge the Iranian intervention in Syria, Yemen and Iraq when the people of those countries rebelled against authoritarianism, corruption, sectarianism, and socioeconomic collapse. When protests broke out in 2018 and 2019 in Iran against the Iranian authorities, they once again framed them in the foreign-sponsored regime-change narrative.

The constant need to defend the Iranian government, even against the protests of Iranian people who have suffered under this government, is an exercise in mental gymnastics. This is the same left-wing segment that equates criticism of Iran with being an ally of Israel, which is highly problematic given Iran and Israel are committing the same crimes in the Middle East.

Only US imperialism exists?
There has been much noise about US's breach of Iraqi sovereignty, but there has been little said of Iranian and Russian actions violating sovereignty in the region. The constant presence of Soleimani in Iraq to issue orders to Iraqi officials and forces is just one of many signs of Iran's lack of respect for Iraq's sovereignty. By the admission of these same leftists, Soleimani was intervening in Iraq to "fight" US intervention.

In Syria, what these self-proclaimed anti-war activists see as Iranian and Russian deployment at the invitation of a legitimate president, Syrians see as an occupation allowed by a dictator who they never elected in free and fair elections.

The debate around Soleimani and al-Muhandis' assassinations has served to illustrate, once again, the inconsistent perception by a segment of the "progressive" left of what constitutes "imperialism". They readily brand US and Israeli actions as imperialist; yet aggression by others - whether Russia, China, Iran or their allies - which causes equal damage and civilian deaths, is ignored, downplayed, or wrapped in "anti-terror" narratives (rather similar to the ones the US and Israel use).

Thus, US and Israeli attacks on the Iranian forces or the Assad regime have been decried as acts of imperialism while the mass killings of Syrian civilians by occupying powers Iran and Russia have been ignored, questioned or presented as "terrorist" deaths.

Criticising the US and Israel while ignoring the crimes of others, however, does no good for the people on the ground bearing the brunt of geopolitical battles between these global and regional powers. Crying "World War III is coming" every time the US engages in aggression also ignores the fact that millions of people in the Middle East and elsewhere, where US, Israeli and also Iranian, Russian and Chinese intervention have stirred conflict, are already living the realities of such a war.

Being truly anti-war would mean opposing aggression by all and condemning all those accused of war crimes - whether Qassem Soleimani or Eddie Gallagher."
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2020 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell Nixon made up attacks so we could go to war.
And our defense wanted to frame cuba, so they could go to war with them, JFK blocked than, and that earned him a bullet to the skull.

Just when I think I have heard everything.....

Your hypothesis is flawed with corrupt data.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-06-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2020 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Click to show

Click to show

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-06-2020).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2020 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Working up another speech for the next antifa meeting?

When E F urgal talks......

]

Everything I said went over your head.
not shocking. like all liberals you try to silence others through shaming even if what you use to do it is utter bull........
I'm not siding with IRAN the country and it's leaders, but I am not going to blame the whole populace that can't control those in power.
example. Go stop shumacer and pilosie. oh wait you can't. just like the iran populace that doesn't agree with those in power over there can't control those folks.
funny how that works. funny how it is somehow different when it isn't YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 01-06-2020).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2020 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Declssified docs show him having a store about our destroyer being fired apone among other things to get us into a war.
you might want to get your head out of the sand/bong and do some research. it is all spelled out in federal declassified doc's.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock