Started on: 12-25-2019 06:58 PM
Replies: 125 (1592 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 08-29-2020 10:19 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

...he is starting to whine about how much he is making right after i paid

How "much"... or how little?

IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't care i don't get to change price on parts i sell after i give a price that is his problem just like it ends up being mine .if you don't know the cost of doing business that is his problem and i am sure he is making money as after i challanged him on it he agreed to finsh and do the deal

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-15-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't care i don't get to change price on parts i sell after i give a price that is his problem just like it ends up being mine .if you don't know the cost of doing business that is his problem and i am sure he is making money as after i challanged him on it he agreed to finsh and do the deal

I hope you get it and can continue your build.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2020 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark, I think you've misunderstood me.

I wasn't the least bit concerned with how little the guy was making. I was just quizzing/teasing you about using the word "much" in this context.

...he is starting to whine about how much he is making right after i paid

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-15-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2020 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry for that Patrick as i am a bit ugly on this as i think i have ordered them like 6 times and have had some sort of Bs from them and i just offered the guy canceling the order but he told me he had shipped it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-16-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2020 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Ya i am excited i have a good tracking number
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i think the motors should be to me maybe at the end of the week as unfortunately they are from China as i could not find them built in the USA soon i will be bouncing around on this but i need to get a better PC for gaming as i would like VR goggles and i need a steering wheel and pedals
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i am thinking i will be buying the Pimax 5K plus VR head set as it has a 200 degree fov and i can use it with out the lighthouse tracking for seated games like the racing and it will let you look around just not do forward or back price for is about $600 but i will need a computer with a good video card so it will support it and i will need to spend about $600 on a good enough PC
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2020 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well i am thinking i will be buying the Pimax 5K plus VR head set as it has a 200 degree fov and i can use it with out the lighthouse tracking for seated games like the racing and it will let you look around just not do forward or back price for is about $600 but i will need a computer with a good video card so it will support it and i will need to spend about $600 on a good enough PC

I would be interested in the "good" computer that will run VR and a game that also has to send data to your rig for $600
Just saying my last rig was a beast and built for VR and gaming and was close to twice that price.
I have a Rift VR head set, after I purchased it I found out my gaming laptop wasn't going to support it, they changed the requirements and I ended up buying a new PC.
Now part of the price was due to me not shopping around and picking one out of only three others..
The biggest price was for the Video card, that is going to be your biggest hit even if you build it yourself.
Good luck looking forward to seeing your rig when its working.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2020 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well i can build my own PC as i have built them in the past it has been about 20 years since i have but not like i need to buy one all together i just need to know what the requirements are for the VR glasses and the simulator controller . do you like your VR goggles do they work well as i am reading to get higher refresh rates
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2020 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well i can build my own PC as i have built them in the past it has been about 20 years since i have but not like i need to buy one all together i just need to know what the requirements are for the VR glasses and the simulator controller . do you like your VR goggles do they work well as i am reading to get higher refresh rates

I got the rig with the best Video card at the time, the most ram and the quickest hard disk.
The VR glasses are good and I spend a lot of time in them. But I have nothing to compare them with.

Skyrim VR
Fallout 4 VR
All with a lot of mods. Never choked the computer or the goggles.

Looking forward to what you put together and see how it performs.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Running a 1070 video card and a amd 2700x, 32 gb of ram, nothing overclocked, using a cv1 rift. I am starting to see stuttering and overheating running Iracing with low and medium settings. 600 does seem to be a little on the low side for the pc and controller together.

dan

[This message has been edited by bonaduce (edited 04-27-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2020 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it will run more than the $600 for what i am looking at this is what i am thinking is a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with 16 gb of ddr4 ram 3600 hz 250 ssd hard drive not sure yet on the motherboard but i would like the radeon RX 5700 graphics card or the sapphire RX 5600 XT

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-27-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2020 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
according to the tracking info i will have the motors and drivers by the end of the day that is cool another step forward

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-29-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i went out and bought some Samsung HMD Odyssey+ PLUS VR goggles they are not as good as i would like but they are a bunch cheaper and they have mixed reviews now i just need a computer that will run them
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok what i have picked out comes to $780 without the OS and i think it will be a good gaming PC tell me what you think

DIYPC VisionII-BG Black USB3.0 Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case w/ Tempered Glass Panels ...
DIYPC VisionII-BG Black USB3.0 Steel / Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case w/ Tempered Glass Panels ...

Update
IN STOCK
$69.99
$57.99
Save: 17.15%
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
ASRock B450M Steel Legend AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
ASRock B450M Steel Legend AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Update
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
$89.99
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model ...
Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model ...
Standard Return Policy
Update
IN STOCK
LIMIT 5
$64.99
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
Team Group MS30 M.2 2280 512GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) TM8PS7512G0C101
Team Group MS30 M.2 2280 512GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) TM8PS7512G0
Update
IN STOCK
LIMIT 2
$62.99
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G Graphics Card, 2 x WINDFORCE Fans, 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6, GV-R56XTWF2OC-6GD Video ...
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT WINDFORCE OC 6G Graphics Card, 2 x WINDFORCE Fans, 6GB 192-Bit GDDR6, GV-R56XTWF2OC-6GD Video ...
Update
IN STOCK
$289.99
$279.9
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031BOX Desktop Processor
Update
IN STOCK
$174.99
MOVE TO WISH LIST REMOVE
ePOWER EP-600-TD2 600W ATX12V Power Supply
ePOWER EP-600-TD2 600W ATX12V Power Supply
Maximum Power: 600W / Fans: 1 / Modular: No
Sold by 3RAID's Marketplace What's this?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Gaming PC ordered i am spending like a drunken sailor lol
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the feeling, just bought a cpu cooler and the ryzen 7 3700x. Couldn't justify the rtx 2070 for the wife.

dan

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2020 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes the RTX stuff is good and i looked at it but i have used AMD Radeon stuff and just like it so i went with the RX 5600 XT and the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 this should be a strong gaming PC but surely not the best but more than i probably need

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-02-2020).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2020 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda bummed out due to Newegg did some strange shipping and i wont get all my PC stuff this week as i will not have the case or power supply until next week i see that the power supply is being drop shipped but the case said it is shipped from them seperate from all the other components that are due to be to me by Thursday .
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2020 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't set your hopes too high on shipping times. I have been experiencing unusual delays from places I buy from all the time and it doesn't seem to matter whether it is USPS, UPS or Fedex
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today i did get the stuff that was supposed show today did but just didn't understand shipping the case the same day but separate from there warehouse with slower shipping and the power supply is drop shipped but they wait for you to order it then tell you i just won't buy from them ever again no more Newegg
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2020 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok tomorrow i will have the case and i can put this together and tuesday i should have the power supply so that will be up and running then i need to put the simulator together but i still need pedals and steering wheel and thinking of doing a diy steering wheel with a stepper motor run by arduino and the same with the pedals as i want it to be as real as i can
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night i put the PC together minus the power supply so maybe tonight i will have that and i will get to try this out . the only things i need now are the connectors for the motors to ball screw tables and steering wheel and pedals and i am not sure if i am going to do DIY on the steering wheel and pedals or just buy some
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check this site for some ideas on wheels and pedals, has mid to insane prices. I currently use the Thrustmaster TS-PC base with the T3PA pedals upgraded with load cell. Would love to go with a direct drive wheel and hydraulic pedals. There are plenty of used pedals and wheels on IRacing forums if you decide to jump in with a lower set than upgrade to better. Depending where your price point is, Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec, Direct Drive wheels in that order, , word is Thrustmaster and Fanatec are working on a direct drive wheel. As for pedals, definitely something with a load cell for the brake, makes it so much better than just a spring or cushion for resistance.

dan
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bonaduce i am doing DIY pedals i ordered some wilwood brake and clutch assembly and am using a drive by wire car throttle pedal so i am using stuff for a real car the steering wheel i have been looking at doing diy also by using a stepper motor and it will be all run by a Arduino uno . I can tell it had been a long time since i put a PC together as i was having a time with it running right as getting all the cables from the power supply run so they would even reach where they needed to plug in
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow i got the pc going and the Odyssey plus vr i am amazed how good it is i have not got the setting perfect but i just watched some things and it was great but i will say that some things froze up as i think the graphics card might not be able to handle it or it could have been the internet connection as it is slow where i am
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2020 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still waiting on my shaft couplers but the shop has been going nuts lately so i haven't had time for any of my other projects but working on everyone's cars and working on my house
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2020 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jake_Dragon i know that feeling as i have broken my VR goggles and have bought a new set and falling over with them on is not that uncommon as i fell over with mine even gave my self a black eye
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon i know that feeling as i have broken my VR goggles and have bought a new set and falling over with them on is not that uncommon as i fell over with mine even gave my self a black eye

Once I got my sea legs I didnt have any trouble. But after extended game play it felt odd walking around taking a smoke break.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well it is looking like the Radeon 5600 xt graphics card is not good enough for the Pimax 8k Plus headset as i have to turn the super sampling below 1 i am thinking i am going to need a RTX 2080 TI to run the headset right as when i look at 2d none VR it looks as clear as you could want so that tells me it is a graphics card problem on why it is a bit blurry in VR and there is zero screen door that i can notice i just need more powerful GPU maybe Radeon will come out soon with new cards that take on the 2080 for a cheaper price as i am not really excited on spending over $1000 for a new GPU
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2020 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well i ordered up a XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc iii ultra card as this is what i should have bought in the first place as i looked for the specs on Pimax for this 8k plus headset and they where saying GTX 1080 ti and the RX 5600 XT is not even close to what i needed i should not have bought it but i will sell it as it is a good card and will work with most VR headsets with smaller FOV and lower Resolution
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2020 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i have been playing with the pimax 8k + headset since monday with the new radeon rx 5700 xt while it works with the video card the card has a hard time if you want to push things a bit like turn the supersampling up past 1 you will need to come down on FOV to small as you have 3 FOV to choose from large normal and small so it does work better than the rx 5600 xt but you can not take full advantage of the headsets potential as i am not even sure the Nvidia RTX 2080 TI could run on large FOV with say 150 on SS
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2020 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok today i downloaded project cars 2 demo to see how good it would look in the 8 k goggles and it looks good then i tried to race with just the 4 arrows on the keyboard as i have not done a steering wheel or pedals and it was bad really bad but i had a good laugh about it and it gives me some inspiration to get this all together .
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2020 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope everyone had a great Father's day as i think my dad dd who is 90 years old he is still driving cars and has seen so many things through the years and always helped his kids and helped others and yesterday i did show him what Virtual Reality was as i used the Wevr The Blu to show him as it is some underwater VR he seemed to like it but he has seen so many things over his lifetime as he was born when cars had not been on the scene very long so i just want to say thank you dad for everything you have done for me and everyone
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok i now have the shaft couplers for the motion simulator so i need to put that together and i have bought a stepper motor to make a force feedback steering wheel according to this article but with a stronger Nema 42 20 Nm https://sites.google.com/si...YZy6ESj0wzXIM0XX5tT0 so it should be soon if i get my ass in gear to do all of this but it is up to me to get it done .
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok i now have the shaft couplers for the motion simulator so i need to put that together and i have bought a stepper motor to make a force feedback steering wheel according to this article but with a stronger Nema 42 20 Nm https://sites.google.com/si...YZy6ESj0wzXIM0XX5tT0 so it should be soon if i get my ass in gear to do all of this but it is up to me to get it done .

Get your lazy ass off the couch and build that chair.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2020 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have that right Jake !
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2020 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK i had to do a redesign of the base as the actuators where to close together to put the motors on so i rebuilt it and spread it out more

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock