Know anyone in Virginia? by 2.5
Started on: 12-03-2019 09:32 PM
Replies: 38 (715 views)
Last post by: RayOtton on 02-17-2020 04:14 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they value freedom?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-04-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Death by 1000 pin pricks.

I am not prepared, but I have an incredibly long history of adaptation.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
London has shown what happens when you ban guns, they move to knives.
But ban guns, makes the government bolder.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim Koons. He'll fix you up. He's got all the major brands. Ford, Jeep, Toyota, Chevy, GMC, ... New and used vehicle dealerships in several Virginia locations.

Disclaimer: I've not ever actually met with or talked to him.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wayne LaPierre....
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Disclaimer: I've not ever actually met with or talked to him.

Hey, that qualifies you to testify in the impeachment hearings.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2019 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2019 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Kentucky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sk-Bnz6Vag

We have a very wise member who just left Kentucky.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2019 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paypal freezing accounts and taking money from various 2nd amendment related small business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5DawFVsCQ

Galloway Precision makes good stuff

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-10-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else have related news?

https://www.ammoland.com/20...ation/#axzz68f7GMCL0

"These arenas include, but they are not limited to, corporate gun control, leveraging pop culture, Silicon Valley censorship, and social stigmatization. The fact of the matter is anti-Second Amendment extremists have developed their plans in case they suffer a substantial reverse in the Supreme Court. The right ruling would strike down anti-Second Amendment legislation and secure the legal rights we seek, but those rights could very well be a dead letter.

Let’s start with corporate gun control. The wallet has always been the Achilles heel of the firearms industry. When Andrew Cuomo was quarterbacking big-city lawsuits against gun manufacturers, the goal was to force companies to choose between accepting settlements that forced them to agree to the agenda of anti-Second Amendment extremists or go bankrupt from massive legal fees against dozens of plaintiffs.

This new corporate gun control is operating on the same principle – at least where banks and financial institutions are concerned. The goal is this: Maybe they can’t pass a law that prohibits manufacturing modern multi-purpose semiautomatic firearms, but if banks deny business to those who make AR-15s or component parts, then the AR-15 will eventually fade away – without any laws passed to ban it. Even if it isn’t a bank, a company like Salesforce can force a licensed dealer to choose between an expensive change in software or acquiescing to an agenda.

Silicon Valley’s censorship is just as threatening as corporate gun control. Social media and the internet have become crucial for Second Amendment supporters to not only get facts out, but to coordinate their activism and to help each other out. Shut down the voices, though, either through a one-sided application of rules of conduct, and all of the sudden, Second Amendment supporters are cut off. This is what Instagram is doing with its new rules, for instance.

Meanwhile, anti-Second Amendment extremists are leveraging pop culture..."

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-20-2019).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Atpwo_AuY

If you don't want me to post these things, or if you find them informative, please reply so and why?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-20-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Law enforcement says they will not enforce Virginia gun confiscation.
Some in the National Guard have said they also will not.

https://www.lawenforcementt...ice-confiscate-guns/

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Citizens standing up to tyranny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2019 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Relying on courts to allow you to be free.. ..hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w32pB7awoU

...the band aid is way at the end, around 38 mins.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-26-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.vcdl.org/event-3647199

"VCDL Lobby Day -- Richmond VA

When
20 Jan 2020

8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

VCDL Lobby Day is our biggest and most important event of the year. We need to absolutely pack the General Assembly building this year, with everyone wearing our Guns Save Lives stickers. We meet between 7:30 and 8:00 am and form into teams, which then go into the building to lobby.

At 11:00 am we will gather at the Capitol steps to have a rally, which will have many speakers.

VCDL Lobby Day 2020

Monday, January 20, 2020

VCDL will be holding the most important Lobby Day Rally

that we have ever had on Monday January 20th, 2020!

If you care about your gun rights in the slightest

then it is vital that you show up at this rally!

Watch VA-ALERT or the Rally Facebook page for more details"

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a good number of years of my life in Virginia. I lived in Richmond for several years as a kid, and several other years in Northern Virginia.

It's sad to me to see what's become of Virginia, politically. It's become grossly liberalized due to the massive population growth in the north.

I haven't really been paying attention, but I'm not sure I understand how Virginia is going to take guns? Did they knowingly pass a law that they know is unconstitutional, but that they intend to enforce before it can be overturned by the Supreme Court? Can someone give me a TL;DR / BLUF? I'm not sure I understand why whatever is currently going on, is actually allowed to be going on???

For what it's worth, I really loved Richmond. I don't know what they've done, but I really hope they don't take down Stonewall Jackson. I have family that fought for the Union Army, but I always remembered seeing that statue in the circle in down-town Richmond. The city took so much pride in their history and I'd remember seeing the statue get restored multiple times during the time I lived there. It would be bright green from oxidization, and then one day I'd show up and it would be a perfect dark oil-rubbed bronze color after restoration.

Just throwing out a bit of personal information... my dad was the first General Manager of the historic Jefferson Hotel back in the early 1980s. It had been abandoned for decades as a result of a fire in the 1960s or some such. He managed the complete renovation of that historic hotel, and continued to manage it for several years. There's even a plaque to the right of the great staircase (which was used in the filming of Gone With The Wind) with pictures of my dad and news articles: https://www.jeffersonhotel.com/

The Richmond Science Museum was always a favorite spot to go with my friends on the weekend. It was a Gilded Age train station that was converted into a huge museum. It even has a massive planetarium and IMAX theater. One of the first in the country. I remember going to elementary school there off Parham Road, and seeing the Challenger explode on TV in the classroom like all the other confused kids. So much history for me there.

Anyway... Richmond has a strong significance to me, and it's really upsetting to hear about all the ***** * that's going on there.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I haven't really been paying attention, but I'm not sure I understand how Virginia is going to take guns? Did they knowingly pass a law that they know is unconstitutional, but that they intend to enforce before it can be overturned by the Supreme Court? Can someone give me a TL;DR / BLUF? I'm not sure I understand why whatever is currently going on, is actually allowed to be going on???

It begins with them trying to pass laws to ban away what they consider "assault weapons". Including... semi autos with more than 10 rounds, any semi auto rifle with the ability to accept a detachable magazine, any rfile with thumbhole stock, any rfile with pistol grip, something that protects your hands from hot barrels, breaks compensators, silencers etc. They also aim at limiting firearms training. Restricting indoor and outdoor ranges. Even restricting speech.
Its all in the multiple earlier posts.
You own it, you become a felon.
They likely aren't stupid enough to confiscate, at least for a while.

https://spectator.org/gun-c...n-comes-to-virginia/

as the article from december states
"Virginia cannot constitutionally take away its citizens’ individual rights to self-protection. If enacted, SB 16 would do just that.
Other states will try to do the same to you.
Like all gun control laws, SB 16 will limit the rights of the law-abiding, not the criminal or terrorist. "

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTEdkBC9b-o

-

This is the opposite of trying to have gun owners who are more experienced and better trained...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbFXIHf9-sM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2020 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
More perspective

Just politicians posturing?
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve read the effort to ban gun ranges is a direct poke at the NRA’s range since all the exceptions leave only one organization being subjected to the tyranny.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I’ve read the effort to ban gun ranges is a direct poke at the NRA’s range since all the exceptions leave only one organization being subjected to the tyranny.

The NRA is a huge target for uninformed people who are afraid of guns and those who would like to see the 2nd amendment go away.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
https://www.whsv.com/conten...-laws-566941011.html

SB16 was stopped. However there are still a bunch of 2nd amenedment harassing things going through.

"Other proposed gun laws moving forward

After the committee voted to strike SB 16 from consideration, votes moved ahead on other proposed gun legislation.

Committee members voted on party lines, 9 to 5, to combine Senate Bills 22 and 69, which both would institute a "one gun a month" law for Virginia limiting citizens to one handgun purchase within any 30-day period, and moved those out of the committee.

Senate Bills 12 and 70, both of which would establish mandatory background checks for any transfer of firearms, including private sales, were combined as well and moved forward out of the committee.

Also on 9-5 party line votes, the committee reported SB 240, establishing red flag laws, out of the Senate Judiciary Committee
Each of those bills will move forward to the Virginia Senate for further consideration. To become law, they would need to pass the Senate, then pass the House of Delegates, then have any differences from the different chambers resolved and voted on, and then be signed into law by Gov. Ralph Northam, who has pledged to pass new gun laws

While SB 16 is effectively dead, a bill nearly identical to it remains on the other side of the General Assembly. As of Jan. 13, House Bill 961 has yet to be referred to a specific committee for any future action"

--

https://wtvr.com/2020/01/13...judiciary-committee/

Regrettably, Virginia lawmakers approved a series of measures today that will make it harder for law-abiding Virginians to protect themselves, while doing nothing to stop criminals,” said NRA spokesperson Catherine Mortensen. “We are pleased one of the most egregious gun confiscation bills was pulled from consideration. The NRA will continue our work with lawmakers to find solutions that address the root cause of violent crime, rather than punishing honest, hardworking Virginians.”

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-14-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Do not come to Richmond on Monday..." Governor Northam circa January 15, 2020

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/.../1217543695085514752

Woo. Weaponized drones. White nationalists.

Wolf. Wolf. Wolf.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Feb 7 they are still bringing an "Assault Weapon" ban bill to be heard HB 961:
https://www.vcdl.org/event-...electedDate=2/6/2020

Makes the these things illegal among others: possession, sale, etc. of “assault firearms,” with a definition so broad as to catch almost all centerfire semi-auto firearms. Also magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Turns law-abiding citizens who own a perfectly legal and constitutionally protected product on June 30, into a felon on July 1.

Feb 7 also Bloomberg (anti 2nd amendment) is campaigning
https://www.vcdl.org/event-...electedDate=2/6/2020

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-06-2020).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On another subject but still in Virginia...… State to vote on the legislation to allow undocumented - AKA illegals to get state drivers licenses. We already have the distinction of having 1 out of every 8 drivers on the road driving with a suspended or revoked license. It appears that our democratic leadership doesn't understand that it's against the law to hire illegals but wants them to have a license to drive so they can get to work. Virginia also allows uninsured to drive as long as they pay the 'uninsured motorist fee'. For as smart as these government officials think they are, they are truly the dumbest bunch of idiots. I just hope that the next time one of these uninsured, not supposed to be here kills someone in a traffic accident that there is a way to sue the state and everyone who's signature is on the legislation.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recent Colion Noir video about Bloomberg and his antics. Short and sweet.
https://youtu.be/yH0LU-y3jIs
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

On another subject but still in Virginia...… State to vote on the legislation to allow undocumented - AKA illegals to get state drivers licenses. We already have the distinction of having 1 out of every 8 drivers on the road driving with a suspended or revoked license. It appears that our democratic leadership doesn't understand that it's against the law to hire illegals but wants them to have a license to drive so they can get to work. Virginia also allows uninsured to drive as long as they pay the 'uninsured motorist fee'. For as smart as these government officials think they are, they are truly the dumbest bunch of idiots. I just hope that the next time one of these uninsured, not supposed to be here kills someone in a traffic accident that there is a way to sue the state and everyone who's signature is on the legislation.

If / when that passes the Acting Secretary of Homeland Security, Chad Wolf, will likely do to the entire state of Virginia what he just had to do to New York where similar illegal alien driver's license laws were passed.

ALL New York residents are now PROHIBITED from renewal and/or new applications for the "Trusted Traveler" program, as New York's illegal alien driver's license law also included a ban on the DHS/ CBP and ICE accessing the state's DMV records to verify citizenship and identity.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/20...rollment-cbp-trusted

I'm assuming of course that Virginia is modeling their law on the one in New York.
Birds of a Leftist feather tend to flock their legislation together.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-06-2020).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQrEHIQciE

People who don't know how guns work, or what guns are used in crimes, made the citizens leave the room so they could create legislation to remove those citizens right to their own self defense property.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-08-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fear driven 2nd amendment removal keeps spreading.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't been here in quite some time and don't plan on returning but I did want to point out something that's been overlooked by all the posters in this thread.

This debacle is Republicans' fault, not Democrats.

Democrats are gonna do what Democrat always do, restrict law abiding citizens rights based on false assumptions. I won't bother listing them all.

Republicans failed to contest 25% of the state legislative races. They had slim majorities in both houses and just rolled over, thus letting the Democrats waltz right in.

In fact, they didn't even contest Joe Morrisey, who was elected to the State Senate despite having had a sexual relationship with his teenage receptionist (who is now his wife) and being disbarred for threatening an opposing attorney in a legal case. FFS, the guy made international news with his antics and STILL had no opponent......and Democrats voted for him in droves.

Oh, and one last thing.

Democrats also have a history of over reaching. (See Kavanaugh, See impeachment, See Pelosi SOTU tantrum, see......ad infinitum )

Only 1 million Virginians voted in 2019, you can bet it will substantially higher in 2021.

[This message has been edited by RayOtton (edited 02-16-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's good to hear (read?) from you, Ray!

Two famous Rays resurface in one week! This can only mean Stan is on his way.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2020 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Haven't been here in quite some time and don't plan on returning ...

I understand why you do not post here. I am glad that you posted here.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2020 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just keep it in mind the next time there's an (R) primary in your state and support ANYONE BUT THE RINO.

They are worse then (D)'s. at least with (D)'s you know what you're going to get.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bill banning assault weapons didnt make it out of committee.
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2020 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, and thank God for small miracles.

They did say they will try again next year.

Gotta give 'em one thing. They are relentless.

Reminds me of an ex-wife I know.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock