Started on: 12-03-2019 03:12 PM
Replies: 22 (759 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-03-2020 08:19 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Caught him last night and hung him low in a tree for coyote bait.

Weighed about 20 lbs. Female..pregnant I believe.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam it!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was hoping this was going to be about my favorite 1950's sitcom... but no such luck.

Beaver's Bad Day
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mrs Cleaver to Ward after a long steamy love tryst the night before.....

"Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the beaver last night?"
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my Wife's favorite bed time story. Same expression and all.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like a shame to let a beaver pelt go to waste. Would make a fine hat/cap for you or, maybe a nice set of insulated underwear assuming it's big enough. Just how big is yer head? Never mind, I don't want to know that information...………..

If not, maybe a nice coin purse for the little lady.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-04-2019).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 12-04-2019).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I so had to borrow the Brenda's Beaver vid to post elsewhere!!

Bad week...they don't learn. Caught in the same set last night...at same location. Connibear don't play.

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beaver hindquarters is pretty good eatin'.

Make sure to remove the castor glands and oil sacks when you skin your beaver.

Put the hindquarters of the beaver in a Crock-pot with carrots, potatoes, an onion, garlic, celery and some spices.

After five hours in the Crock-pot, your beaver meat should taste just like a brisket
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2019 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Great White Trapper continues toward his goal.....

host picture
This one is younger & smaller, but just as dead.

Still work to be done, as I can tell they continue to work on one of their lodges.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-15-2019).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-15-2019 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new kind of nuisance critter tried to test the mighty conibear and lost.
First one of these particular 100% carnivores I've ever seen on my property...hope it's the last one.

River otter. He shoulda stayed in the river.

my work is never done...........

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-17-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

River otter. He shoulda stayed in the river.

So, you're sayin' he otter know better.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2020 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And another one gone..........Saw him fighting the trap yesterday morning thru binoculars from my upstairs window but it was pouring down rain so I waited till yesterday evening to remove him. Smallest so far.

There are more, as I can see new work as been done on the lodge at the end of the penisula. They've put more mud over the sticks and limbs that form the structure.
I do feel I'm finally making a dent in them this winter, but it's difficult to tell just how many colonies are in the pond system. I've learned a lot regarding their habits and how and where to trap them instead of just waiting around each night to shoot them.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2020 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Beaver hindquarters is pretty good eatin'.

Make sure to remove the castor glands and oil sacks when you skin your beaver.

Put the hindquarters of the beaver in a Crock-pot with carrots, potatoes, an onion, garlic, celery and some spices.

After five hours in the Crock-pot, your beaver meat should taste just like a brisket

Could smoke em with wood chips just for irony sake
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2020 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice to get rid of the annoying Canadian Bieber.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The work is never done.......conibear don't play..

Just got him hauled off to the back of the property and saw another when I was coming back across the dam , but didn't have the rifle on the 4 wheeler.

I'll set out there on the 4 wheeler with the 7.62 and pop him if he comes that close to shore again.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-26-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2020 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need you over by our house. Beavers have taken down most of the trees by the creek, and despite the Conservation guys coming out and trapping all of them, trees continue to miraculously go down.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on a roll now.

great white trapper.......

i have to be making a dent in them by now....maybe
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all no where to go in the COVID APOCOLYPSE, MJ's House of Beaver.

dan
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pulled the SD card this morning and evidently last time I put the SD card back in and formatted it, I accidentally switched from photo to video and found I now have 8 dead AA batteries that aren't but a few days old, nearly 30gb and about 20 hrs of nothing but 1 bullfrog, a lot of little waves on the water, hrs and hrs of weeds and grass blowing in the wind, one cow that walked in front, and 2 tiny white spiders that crawled across the lens.... them batteries ain't cheap.

PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would hope that you could find a connection to process the furs but, I do not know what to do.
I am jealous of the amount of beaver you get!
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Pulled the SD card this morning and evidently last time I put the SD card back in and formatted it, I accidentally switched from photo to video and found I now have 8 dead AA batteries that aren't but a few days old, nearly 30gb and about 20 hrs of nothing but 1 bullfrog, a lot of little waves on the water, hrs and hrs of weeds and grass blowing in the wind, one cow that walked in front, and 2 tiny white spiders that crawled across the lens.... them batteries ain't cheap.

You might be missing a real opportunity.

Perhaps if you installed a good night vision webcam and charged for subscriptions: "Beaver Vision"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock