Started on: 12-03-2019 01:01 PM
Replies: 26 (480 views)
Last post by: randye on 12-08-2019 04:08 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see if this makes waves? And yes, climate activists are calling this World War Zero. Chicken little much Bro?

https://worldwarzero.com/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fats

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were looking for a name that would stand out in what has been becoming a somewhat crowded name space. More obvious names have already been taken. The "Global Carbon Project." The "2 Degrees Institute."

I wouldn't be surprised if "World War Zero" is changed or morphs into some other name, not that far down the line.

While I was looking, I stumbled upon something that just appeared on the BBC News page.

Conservation group WWF and the Prado Museum have joined forces to raise the alarm about the impact of climate change, as political leaders and diplomats meet at the COP25 climate change summit in the Spanish capital, Madrid.

Together they selected four masterpieces from the Prado collection to highlight the environmental consequences of various phenomena attributed to climate change.

The conference was due to be held in Chile, but was cancelled by the government there following weeks of civil disturbances, and is being hosted by Spain instead.

Images of the four original masterpiece paintings and the corresponding Global Warming versions ...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50646625
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks more like someone just wanting to pocket some money off peoples fears....
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Looks more like someone just wanting to pocket some money off peoples fears....

You just described pretty-much all of human history on Planet Earth, starting with Religion.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"World War Zero" huh?

Sees like an appropriate name.

It will be led by zeros.

It will be "fought" by zeros.

It will achieve zero.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A constant stream of chum. That is all you need to bring in the prey. You can sit nice and fat with your catch swimming right into the net with free phones , big screens, and schooling. Schooling, a place to go. Like fish?

If anyone here believes that the United States is the biggest polluter, then they should really see and learn what Asian and African countries do to this Earth. That is the story that does not pay the bills. Gotta stay where the money is.

Enter the next caliphate on us in 3... 2... 1...

Edit: I have a cupola to finish out. But, I have a moment to comment... Click to show

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 12-04-2019).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
We really need a celebrity to push our agenda. Hmmm?

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^ So... the climate scientists had a "consensus" that they were “correct” before…

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-04-2019).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
quoted from the site:
"We’re uniting unlikely allies with one common mission: making the world respond to the climate crisis "

"Making"...No doubt. The stick will likley be involved at some point, but first the carrot, with a little intimidation, censorship, financial tactics, regulation, indoctrinating the young..
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

They were looking for a name that would stand out in what has been becoming a somewhat crowded name space. More obvious names have already been taken. The "Global Carbon Project." The "2 Degrees Institute."Global Warming, Climate Change, The New Green Deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if "World War Zero" is changed or morphs into some other name, not that far down the line.

He he he, 'ya think ?

At the beginning of this NBC Meet The Press clip, the goal is to initiate "millions" of conversatons about global warming. Featuring the heir to the Al Gore throne, John Kerry, and Kalifornian Governor "Terminator".
In contrast to the current Kalifornian Governor who, in response to Kalifornian wild fires says if you are a climate change denier, you are dismissed from the conversation. When Terminator was posed with wildfires, he dodged. Claiming that Kalifornia is the sixth largest economy in the world crediting green energy. Look for yourself.

Kerry chastises the Dumb Presidential debates because the dumb moderators did not bring up one question about climate change. Even though poll tested, climate change is last on the list that dumb America cares about. If the Global Warming cult can not herd their own goats, how do they expect to lead sheep ?

He wants to engage millions of Americans, when we are the most environmentaly cleanest country on the planet.

They want people to debate WW 0, who are programmed to debate in safe space circle jerks.

Kerry says he is not backing a single climate change plan.

Kerry champion environmentalists, particularly "young people" (arguably indoctrinated), even mentioning some she chick (Katie Eldman that took of two years off of Stanford University schooling to lead climate strikes. .
Yeah, like blocking intersections, shutting down highways, disrupting football games, is gonna convince anyone, .

Kerry mentions that we have to treat Global Warming like a war, building a consensus yada yada. Just like the Dumbs who refused to recognize Hitler as an, ... get ready for it, ... An existential threat, . Even having Nazi Party support groups (say it with me, Klu Klux Klan).

Well, the idea goes we might lose the battle but we can win the war. Their first battlefield is in the coal fields of VA.

While I was looking, I stumbled upon something that just appeared on the BBC News page.

Images of the four original masterpiece paintings and the corresponding Global Warming versions ...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50646625

There is the rub. How stupid and unconvincing that is ? To me, enough to demonstrate the malarkey of the argument. Especially a man trying to pilot a boat on dry land.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put up the link to the artwork (celebrated paintings) and the corresponding "Global Warming-ized" versions of the paintings as a curiosity. Something for the (virtual) curio shelf.

I did not submit that link as any kind of Fact Witness testimony.

I think that's the way it is being understood by cliffw--as a "curio"--so I am not calling for the penalty flag. But I do want to emphasize this point, for anyone and everyone else who is in attendance.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-04-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that's the way it is being understood by cliffw--as a "curio"--so I am not calling for the penalty flag. But I do want to emphasize this point, for anyone and everyone else who is in attendance.

Correct. I do have to say that I never would have seen that art if you had not posted. Interesting, I did look at some detail.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"If anyone here believes that the United States is the biggest polluter, then they should really see and learn what Asian and African countries do to this Earth."

This is a statement, that takes the form of an injunction ("they should really see and learn"), that I would like to discuss--briefly. It's from earlier in this discussion. As it happens, it was part of a larger statement from Tony Kania, but I want to focus on the statement itself, which includes "biggest polluter" and "Asian and African countries."

What do these particular groups, coalitions, organizations, ideas, or "movements" have in common?

World War Zero, Global Carbon Project, 2° Institute, Green Revolution, Climate Alliance, United States Climate Alliance, Climate Coalition

The list could be extended, but it's already enough for my purpose.

They are all concerned (or profess to be concerned) about Climate Change, with an underlying theme of Global Warming, which they attribute to more Radiative Forcing, which they say is a consequence of more Greenhouse Gases in the atmosphere, which they further say is mostly a consequence of things that humans are doing and not (hardly) a consequence of any Acts of Nature or natural processes that are occurring without the involvement of any human "hand." (Volcanic eruptions, for an example.) This all comes together as the phrase "Anthropogenic" or "Man-Made" Global Warming.

Radiative Forcing is a term that all climate or climate-savvy scientists understand, even the ones that are antagonistic or skeptical towards the idea or the significance of Man-Made Global Warming.

The term "pollution" brings all kinds of things to mind. There is Air Pollution, Water Pollution and Soil Pollution. The toxicity or poisoning effects of lead and mercury compounds. Pollution from plastic products, packaging and microbes. Prescription drugs that are excreted or discarded by humans and become part of the food chain. The debris from discarded computers, tablets and cellphones, batteries and other electronics.

The list of "pollution" goes on and on, far beyond where I stopped, but that's not what World War Zero (and the other groups and movements that I singled out) are about. For them, it's about Greenhouse Gases.

My injunction to my fellow forum members, is to continue the discussion (should they choose to do so), but to take care to keep it on track, and to refrain from conflating the very wide-ranging terminology of "pollution" with the specific topic of Greenhouse Gases.

If someone were to say, "World War Zero ought to be more concerned about other kinds of pollution, instead of Greenhouse Gases," that would be a purposeful statement. Maybe a "good" statement, or maybe a not so "good" statement, but at least it would be an on-topic kind of statement.

I hope that I have made a welcome contribution to this discussion.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... refrain from conflating the very wide-ranging terminology of "pollution" with the specific topic of Greenhouse Gases.

I'm pretty sure they declared Carbon Dioxide a "pollutant" now...
It's a good thing for us that they didn't decide Oxygen was a problem.

Of course, Water Vapor is a much more significant Greenhouse Gas - but you can't tax that...

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-05-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-05-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have. It looks like we will be forced to have this conversation.

"If anyone here believes that the United States is the biggest polluter, then they should really see and learn what Asian and African countries do to this Earth."

I see your quotation marks but do not want to take them out of context. Elaborate. Why would that be your opening thought ?

What do these particular groups, coalitions, organizations, ideas, or "movements" have in common?

World War Zero, Global Carbon Project, 2° Institute, Green Revolution, Climate Alliance, United States Climate Alliance, Climate Coalition

The list could be extended, but it's already enough for my purpose.

The Asian and African countries do not give a shiat about their contributions to Global Warming or any other environmental causes except for monetary gain. The only champions for a self proclaimed authoritative geniuses in the US is monetary. Well, that and power.

They are all concerned (or profess to be concerned) about Climate Change, with an underlying theme of Global Warming, ...

Profess is the key word. From those that say "do as I say, not how I live".

The list of "pollution" goes on and on, far beyond where I stopped, but that's not what World War Zero (and the other groups and movements that I singled out) are about. For them, it's about Greenhouse Gases.

Bullzhit !
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the topic here started with "World War Zero", a new entity with a mission statement that focuses on the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from human activities and enterprises.

When I encountered this statement (which happens to be from Tony Kania) . . .

If anyone here believes that the United States is the biggest polluter, then they should really see and learn what Asian and African countries do to this Earth.

. . . and I just wanted to remind the discussion (if a discussion can be reminded) that talking about "pollution" is not the same as talking more specifically about "greenhouse gas emissions." Greenhouse gas emissions from human activities could be regarded as a kind of pollution, but "pollution" is a more general and wider-ranging category. All around the world, there are many other kinds of pollution that damage and poison the air, water and soil (and ultimately, the people) but are not part of the Greenhouse Effect.

The U.S. and China are frequently singled out as the two largest emitters of greenhouse gases on a national or nation-by-nation ranking, but the more important consideration, from the perspective of World War Zero, is the total amount of human greenhouse gas emissions that adds up from every nation.

When I put World War Zero in line with some other groups or projects that are focused on greenhouse gas emissions, I included the "Green Revolution". The buzz phrase for people who think of themselves in connection with certain nationally known Democrats (like AOC) who are more "woke" about Climate Change. But if anyone were to put the question to a representative of the Green Revolution--to the extent that a representative human representative of the Green Revolution could be construed to exist--that person would probably say that the concerns of the Green Revolution extend to other kinds of environmental pollution that are differentiated from greenhouse gas emissions.

Such are my impressions, from what I ingest (or inhale?) on a daily basis in the form of media content.

"Be green."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-06-2019).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The list of "pollution" goes on and on, far beyond where I stopped, but that's not what World War Zero (and the other groups and movements that I singled out) are about. For them, it's about Greenhouse Gases..

Because that's the most useful one to bring down 1st world countries, and control the populace.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I put World War Zero in line with some other groups or projects that are focused on greenhouse gas emissions, I included the "Green Revolution". The buzz phrase for people who think of themselves in connection with certain nationally known Democrats (like AOC) who are more "woke" about Climate Change.

More woke ? For giggles, I would like you to define that. What makes anybody on either side of the issue more a"woke" than the other side ? Woke is nothing more than a claim. Coined by Dumbocrats who think that they are right, and are in lock-step.

What makes you think the horse faced bartender believes in Global Warming ?

Have you heard of the 50:1 Project ?

The true cost of 'action' on climate change.
50 to 1 is a video / web / interview project which shows beyond doubt that we are better off ADAPTING to climate change than we are trying to 'stop' it.

That is if Global Warming is actually real, and is an existential threat, which it is neither. We recently here tied a record warm day for November, the first being in 1898. We have had three to five years of cooler summer days, with temps under 100 degrees.

My problem with the religion of Global Warming is all the fake data they put forward to start this Dumb made existential threat. (In that respect, it is man made.) The manipulation of data gathered from unscientific, biased, fact gathering stations. The claims of catastrophe about Polar Bears and polar icecaps and flooding, which never materialized. The secret upstarting of the Global Warming carbon credit stock exchange ( based in Chicago, and Progressive heavy hitters exclusively in control). The Climategate 2.0: New E-Mails Rock The Global Warming Debate

Climategate 2.0 becuase Climategate 1.0 has been updated.

Three themes are emerging from the newly released emails: (1) prominent scientists central to the global warming debate are taking measures to conceal rather than disseminate underlying data and discussions; (2) these scientists view global warming as a political “cause” rather than a balanced scientific inquiry and (3) many of these scientists frankly admit to each other that much of the science is weak and dependent on deliberate manipulation of facts and data.

"Be green."

See my avatar.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to go outside and burn my brush pile, my trash and my leaves.
After I do that, I need to finish up some wiring on an LS1 Fiero.
True dual exhaust, no cats.....

I'm tired of cold Michigan winters, doing my part to change that.

Enjoy your day!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18114 posts
Member since May 2004
Oh, I forgot....

Need to split wood for the woodstove after that....
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2019 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero is down for a few weeks. Just too busy. New radiator to install with hoses. At that point new belts and such. $$$

Funny you mention burning things. Just walked in the door from picking up a cord. I am getting rid of the propane heater setup and I built a corner for a wood burner that has yet to be determined. I tiled in the corner of the shop with insulation and heat tiles. Keep the bricks warm and the rest is comfort. Part of that load goes to our fire pit. Using it tonight to cook steaks and hang out with the wife.

Us too, we do our part.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I need to go outside and burn my brush pile, my trash and my leaves.
After I do that, I need to finish up some wiring on an LS1 Fiero.
True dual exhaust, no cats.....

I'm tired of cold Michigan winters, doing my part to change that.

Enjoy your day!

Oh, I forgot....

Need to split wood for the woodstove after that....

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Age 2:

Age 1:

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-06-2019).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

"World War Zero" huh?

Sees like an appropriate name.

It will be led by zeros.

It will be "fought" by zeros.

It will achieve zero.

Sure didn't have to wait long for it:

https://hotair.com/archives...id-achieved-nothing/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: