Have a good thanksgiving :) by 2.5
Started on: 11-27-2019 08:51 AM
Replies: 11 (250 views)
Last post by: fierobear on 11-28-2019 11:03 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope you get to spend some time with someone you care about. Be safe, and be thankful.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2019 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys too... Already got woke up by a cousin phoning to say it.... At 645 am. Yes, thanks. I don't have to work till 4 and you are waking me up.

fracking mericuns.... And no it's not a turkey, it's 6 pounds of dead cow going in the slow cooker.

Might even get some more poutine just to piss us off.

So there. And happy whatever the hell it is...... Now where did I put my Walter puppet...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2019 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gobble gobble mother fackers!

Turkeys, they always sound like they are eating pussy.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of Thanksgiving, this brings back a lot of fond memories from my childhood. I remember Grandma used to slave all day over the meal and made sure it was perfect:

Thanksgiving celebration here begins today with "Mexican night" at my oldest sister's house. Mexican food that is. I'm cooking 4-5lbs of taco meat to take over.
Tomorrow it's traditional turkey and dressing.
Friday is BBQ..whatever ya wish to cook.
Sat is leftovers at my other sister's place.

Yall have a good one!!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2019 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work scheduling to get my boys the day off (they got kids) forces me to work it.
Big bowling day!

I had my Thanksgiving yesterday.
All day cooking, smelling, tasting!
Plenty good enough for me!

May we all find the wisdom this season to cherish this life we share with each other.
Or we can all just go 'eff ourselves!
Cheers!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A happy Thanksgiving to all, we all have things to be thankful for. Which we do everyday. Today is a time to collectively get together and celebrate the thankful things of others. I hope y'alls thanks are as bountiful as your meals.

Mine ? Uncharted waters. I am going to ... feast(?) on deep fried turkey. I have had turkey pot pies at some times when it, to most, did not think I had any reason to be as thankful as others.
I have had my turkey at many charitable 'sharing of the feast' with those that struggled with a good meal to celebrate with. Once as a recipient and quite a few times as a volunteer after that. It is very humbling to be with and hear from those that are struggling. To get an idea of the shoes they walk in.
Yet, I have never had 'deep fried' turkey. It seems unorthodox, yet turkey pot pies perhaps are too.

I will be at my daughters house, whos husband prefers deep fried. (I hear it is juicy, yet it is injected. You can inject oven baked, . All which to me defeats the pure turkey taste.)
I will also not be an influence of protocol. I always like to hear from each, what they are thankful for, at the table, before feasting. There will also be no football (until I get home to my DVR). The worst is, ..., I used to collect cell phones and keep the focus within the gathering.
Eh, who am I to complain ? Free food !

At least I am not celebrating with Pajama Boy

or

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35922 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Work scheduling to get my boys the day off (they got kids) forces me to work it.
Big bowling day!

Good on you, . Smart of you to suck in the double time pay, j/k (salaried I think). Yet, Thanksgiving is not about the kids. It's about family, friends, and even the charity of enjoying the company of others, like the homeless, displaced service members, new members of the community for what ever reason.
I refuse to support a money making establish on a day such as this. Yet, in days bygone, I was a lonely customer wallowing in the plight of others just like me.

Big bowling day ? I like bowling but I am surprised. People that bowl, hunt, fish, race, go to bars, etc, they can always find time to do that. I just have to wonder, . Out of the year how big a day is it ? What is the busiest day of the bowling year ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35922 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I forgot to ask.
How do you like your turkey cooked ?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2019 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Big bowling day?

And I forgot to ask.
How do you like your turkey cooked ?

Young people like to go out and do something while dinner preparations are underway, and the older folks like to work off the dinner they just consumed.

Thanksgiving & Christmas are pretty big days for bowling.

Our restaurant always prepares a Christmas & Thanksgiving dinner for our large older clientele.

They depend on it.

I like my turkey cooked the standard old-fashioned way, with the exception of stuffing in the bird.
I like stuffing semi-dry with a crunchy crust.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the feedback !

Young people like to go out and do something while dinner preparations are underway ...

I must have been thinking your reason for giving anyone off is was so people could spend time with family, kids.

I like my turkey cooked the standard old-fashioned way, with the exception of stuffing in the bird.
I like stuffing semi-dry with a crunchy crust.

I too am a standard old-fashioned way taste advocate. I love me those left over turkey sandwiches. I an going to overload my plate so I can sample left over deep fried turkey sandwiches. Wondering how they will taste.
I have had stuffing in bird, moist and semi-dry. Both good in my opinion. Crunchy, meh, still ok. Too dry ? Gravy moistener.

Never, never, have I or will I do Yams, Sweet Potatos, Beets, or Cranberry Sauce. My stomache can only hold so much and they got cut.

I love my pies. I can get any kind of pie at any time of year, home cooked, yet ... Pumpkin Pie season has began.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35922 posts
Member since Jun 2003
I forgot to mention ...
President Trump pardoned two turkeys, Salt and Pepper. He noted that they have since been supenoed to the basement of the US Capital by Adam Shift early this morning.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2019 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I forgot to mention ...
President Trump pardoned two turkeys, Salt and Pepper. He noted that they have since been supenoed to the basement of the US Capital by Adam Shift early this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Even the liberals.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock