Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  CYBERTRUCK by Tesla. You can order it NOW. :) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CYBERTRUCK by Tesla. You can order it NOW. :) by htexans1
Started on: 11-21-2019 11:45 PM
Replies: 118 (1803 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 12-24-2019 11:41 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're kinda like used cow salesmen.............
IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

They're kinda like used cow salesmen.............

How did my exes and disposal tactics get involved in this thread ?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Body repairs would be a pain...no?

Yes to a point. I dont know if the Tesla truck is painted or bare stainless like DeLorean. as far as working the metal panels, I would guess its much the same as fixing a Delorean...replacing the panels, or pounding it out, grinding, filing and burnishing it. They are painted, but I have fixed damaged body panels on Ferraris and Porsches by dollying out the damage, grinding, filing and sanding the panel completely and using absolutely NO body fillers. That is craftsmanship. Body filler is the easy and cheap way out. I will tell you the cars Ive repaired with aluminum panels are a pain the ass. Ive had aluminum hoods I had to lay on the floor and beat with a sledge hammer to get a dent out. You would think they were flimsy and easy to work, but in fact the opposite is true. Stainless is tougher...try just drilling a hole in stainless steel. My Magnum had an aluminum hood and I installed a Challenger style shaker hood in it. I went thru dozens of sawsall blades and cut off wheels cutting out the hole. My Superbee stock steel hood took only a jigsaw and one blade to cut out for the 6 pack hood scoop.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 11-26-2019).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! Golden Ratio Proportion overlay on the CyberTruck.
Not!

Maybe this is how un-usual design characteristics can somehow still look "balanced"...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 11-26-2019).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Maybe this is how un-usual design characteristics can somehow still look "balanced"...

I dunn know. Flat butt, flat tits ...

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2019 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a Delorean that just came out the pen
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The more I learn about Cybertruck, the more I'm impressed with this genius. This truck is actually an engineering marvel that I now know why it looks the way it looks.

It's basically what other car manufacturers always wanted to do, but just didn't have the balls to do it. Telsa did and now this will revolutionized everything in the future of automobiles for sure.

The Cybertruck is being manufactured by X-Y design, which will greatly reduce the manufacturing cost while reducing any out of tolerance issues that come form traditional automobile manufacturing.

Pure genius.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ehhhh
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The more I learn about Cybertruck, the more I'm impressed with this genius. This truck is actually an engineering marvel that I now know why it looks the way it looks.

It's basically what other car manufacturers always wanted to do, but just didn't have the balls to do it. Telsa did and now this will revolutionized everything in the future of automobiles for sure.

The Cybertruck is being manufactured by X-Y design, which will greatly reduce the manufacturing cost while reducing any out of tolerance issues that come form traditional automobile manufacturing.

Pure genius.

It’s all about one’s perspective I guess. I assume the rest of industry will react to this. How? Only time, government requirements and consumer desires will tell.

Rams
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2019 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be some who like it. I dont, but from several sources Ive seen,down payments and orders for over 200,000 have been made so far. His problem is probably going to be just like the Model 3, unless he learned from that. He wont be able to make them fast enough. IF he can fill the orders that will give GM and Ford a run for the pickup money.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2019 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Extra points if you know what the graffiti on the side of it says.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2019 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
Extra points if you know what the graffiti on the side of it says.

Russian for Sh-t (you know, the sfuff that periodically hits the fan) ...

As far as the C-truck goes, this design doesn't inspire me at all, but to each his own. The 70s and 80s were such a wasteland of good auto design and I hope this truck doesn't usher in a new era of trendiness for trendiness sake.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Must be some who like it. I dont, but from several sources Ive seen,down payments and orders for over 200,000 have been made so far. His problem is probably going to be just like the Model 3, unless he learned from that. He wont be able to make them fast enough. IF he can fill the orders that will give GM and Ford a run for the pickup money.

I have not actually looked into this, but @ cars and coffee yesterday a few of the NSX owners who showed up were saying the pre-orders were refundable and only $100. Supposedly people were posting their pre-order confirmations to show off on social media and likely won't follow through.

Only heard it 2nd hand though, so don't shoot me if incorrect.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IF he can fill the orders that will give GM and Ford a run for the pickup money.

We'll all have to wait and see. You are correct though, it is a big IF.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2019 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent heard that, but I can see people doing that to look like theyre a big shot or something.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-02-2019).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone catch the recent videos of Tesla charging stations with lines of folks waiting to charge their electric vehicles? Ques of 50 or more cars waiting.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://insideevs.com/news/...-tesla-supercharger/

You (anyone) should read the replies. Little to no intelligence there. Both sides of the argument.

I am all for electric vehicles. I believe we are being fooled. This should not be this difficult.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That photo is from Calif. If its not photoshopped, it could be that so many people have been evacuated from their homes due to fires, they all have to use the charging stations. There are a LOT of Teslas here in Columbus, and only a few charging stations with 1/2 dozen chargers. Ive yet in two+ years had to wait to get a charge. Usually at least half of them are setting empty.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not due to fires. It's from much heavier than usual travelling #s over the Thanksgiving holiday for longer distances.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That photo is from Calif. If its not photoshopped, it could be that so many people have been evacuated from their homes due to fires, they all have to use the charging stations. There are a LOT of Teslas here in Columbus, and only a few charging stations with 1/2 dozen chargers. Ive yet in two+ years had to wait to get a charge. Usually at least half of them are setting empty.

I would be willing to bet that there are more Teslas on the road in CA than any other state. I see a lot of them on the road each day and about once a month there is a car carrier off loading them out side of where I work.
(Can you buy one from Amazon?)
Also there are a lot of older houses here in CA that wouldn't support charging a car. I know where we rent there isn't any 220 available.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im sure your right about the numbers in Calif. Some older houses like you say, wont support the voltage required. Also renters would have to get landlords permission , and pay for the plug to be installed. I believe it actually takes 440 volts for the high output plug. Cost me a few thou to have it done.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im sure your right about the numbers in Calif. Some older houses like you say, wont support the voltage required. Also renters would have to get landlords permission , and pay for the plug to be installed. I believe it actually takes 440 volts for the high output plug. Cost me a few thou to have it done.

440 wow yeah that's not going to happen at my place any time soon. 220 will happen next year but its going to be a lot of work as we have to replace everything from the pole to the plugs
Plus with the fires they have been having scheduled brown outs.

There are two charging stations where I work but that's the leasing company that put them in. We share with 6 other companies.
I wont be jumping on an electric car anytime soon. Now if they had a nice looking hybrid I would look harder, my sister has one and loves it but she paid a lot of money and it sits most of the time and she drives her truck.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
loaded with gear, 4 people and an rv, 500 yards.

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 12-04-2019).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

loaded with gear, 4 people and an rv, 500 yards.

I sincerely hope that is a SWAG and an exaggeration.
I would expect at least a couple of miles fully loaded to max capacity towing some high profile (non-aerodynamic) trailer.
Hopefully, the science will get there eventually but I don't expect it in my lifetime.

Rams
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Cybertruck we deserve (minus the side-scoops)!

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2019 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I havent heard that, but I can see people doing that to look like theyre a big shot or something.

You didn't quote anyone but the irony. - your favorite Best Buy employee.

To the subject. Probably cool and not usable for me. I really don't care about towing capacity. Stopping is key. Once it rolls... I don't carry CDL now. 1-ton is a surprising monster. What is the practical range loaded? I've put some of mine to the stops damn near and they run like tops. 40 large is nothing on a new heavy truck. Where does this rate though? 1 ton? Not in my books. Not even a 3/4 ton which isn't a huge difference. This is a passenger vehicle with a bed. I can't say I can buy a comparable Super Duty and a lot of gas for that price, but I doubt this goes 300-400k miles like I have done/do. Not saying it can't but mathematically, it can't given it's charge duration and frequency of need.

If Roger's pre-order number turns true (doubtful) Tesla can't produce that for at least years. Not knocking the truck, but it's a grocery getter.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2019 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

LOL! Golden Ratio Proportion overlay on the CyberTruck.
Not!

Wonder what they reverse engineered. hmmm

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 12-06-2019).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

If Roger's pre-order number turns true (doubtful) Tesla can't produce that for at least years. Not knocking the truck, but it's a grocery getter.

Agreed, that's assuming it even does what Tesla claims.

As my Engineer friends have said, never buy the first year of anything. Let other people discover it's faults.

Rams

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't give a whit about appearances or 'styling' when it comes to pickup trucks but they do have to do the job. Even my 10 yr old generic fleet version 1500 doesn't squat down like that when I drive my little fourtrax up in the bed or even when i load a 1000 lb roll of hay in it.

Taken straight from the video..this won't work in my world, no matter what the technical advances & pleasantries provide..look where the headlight beam is pointed... It's illegal in my state to coon hunt from the highway.

It's not the load that makes it squat. It is the air suspension lowering the back end for easy loading when you lower the ramp for the ATV. It is sensors that adjust it like that, not weight. Once you lift up the tailgate, the Cybertruck self levels.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Agreed, that's assuming it even does what Tesla claims.

As my Engineer friends have said, never buy the first year of anything. Let other people discover it's faults.

Rams

As much as we both know Roger is a tool shed, I wasn't doubting what he parroted. I just don't think it'll pan. For sure never touch even F150 numbers, which we both know doesn't touch their Super Duty numbers.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Wichita:

It's not the load that makes it squat. It is the air suspension lowering the back end for easy loading when you lower the ramp for the ATV. It is sensors that adjust it like that, not weight. Once you lift up the tailgate, the Cybertruck self levels.

It was covered in the thread, but I am an actual truck user. To what end? Super cool sure. What does an ATV weigh 400lbs? I have 300lb 6'6" friends. It has no functional value. Fork truck is 15k plus. **** would piss me off. Goose is a tongue up to 30%. My 25 double double weighs maybe 9k? Add a 5 tone truck. 25599 never came so soon. It is never a pull situation. Roger's famous 12 second Fiero could pull it with a drawtite.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2019 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Roger's famous 12 second Fiero could pull it with a drawtite.

That would be an impressive build...………..
But, doubtful. Roger has rarely said anything complimentary of anything to do with Fieros.

Rams

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2019 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2019 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock