Started on: 11-17-2019 01:32 PM
Replies: 8 (222 views)
Last post by: Tony Kania on 11-19-2019 10:17 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2019 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like watching this Judge on the Youtube. This one just made my day.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2019 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand the judge's discretion in the case, and accept it. No veteran wants 'special' treatment tho. Same treatment as any other citizen, nothing more, nothing less.
I do appreciate the judge's obvious interest in the accused's story and background but hate to think what would have happened had a car been coming thru the green light side of the intersection at the same time. 'No harm/no foul'....this time.

(I can honestly saay however, I've seen the opposite 'treatment' applied by the bench in which current and retired military members had the book thrown at them simply because they were veterans...usually near a military base and there was significant and obvious bias against military in contrast to the treatment shown civilian counterparts)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-17-2019).]

Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2019 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I understand the judge's discretion in the case, and accept it. No veteran wants 'special' treatment tho. Same treatment as any other citizen, nothing more, nothing less.
I do appreciate the judge's obvious interest in the accused's story and background but hate to think what would have happened had a car been coming thru the green light side of the intersection at the same time. 'No harm/no foul'....this time.

I have been watching Judge Caprio's show "Caught In Providence" since the beginning, and I must say I agree with you.
He cuts too much slack when it comes to red light runners.

The R.I. statute allows for 2/10th of a second after the light turns red before the camera captures the incident.
And than the judge gives a grace of another 1/10th of a second (he sez another 1/10 of a second is not that much more in the greater scheme of things), for a grand total of 3/10th of a second.
Tell that to the person that died at that 1/10th of a second.

That being said, it IS a TV show billed as "The Judge With A Heart".

I like the idea of this kind of judge, but the whole point of monetary punishment is to make minor unlawful actions sting just enough that you wont do it again by paying better attention to what you're doing.

Too soft a swat and the kid thinks you're just joking...no lesson learned.

What's been happening lately in his courtroom is viewers send him checks to be used to help the hard luck cases that don't have the money to pay the 14 outstanding parking tickets over the coarse of several years that the defendants failed to pay when they got them.

But isn't that simply rewarding someone for their irresponsibility?
What "lesson" was learned there?

I've even seen him lower the boot fee, which since that enforcement is contracted out to a third party, has already been paid out to the contractor by the state, i.e. the taxpayer.
His action makes us generous (to some who might not deserve it), against our will.

But like I said, it is just a show.
I do like the Judge, the show, and it's feel-good (if unexamined) theme of compassion.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2/10ths of a second..that's not much delay....an eye blink is generally accepted to take 1/10 second to 3/10 of a second..
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2019 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy watching a few minutes of the Judge. It usually warms my heart, but he often does let folks go easily when I "feel" they should have been punished. Then there is often a moment when I begin to understand just why he cast his decision.

I wrote "feel" because that is all it is. I have an understanding of what I am watching, but also know that this is a show. A heart warming show for me none the less.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 11-18-2019).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2019 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't agree with the court ruling. If he has all those medical ailments, regardless of how he got them, maybe he shouldn't be driving at all. I support our troops, but it was a life they chose. Getting special treatment in a case where he clearly could be putting thousands at risk yearly isn't a good call.
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2019 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I don't agree with the court ruling. If he has all those medical ailments, regardless of how he got them, maybe he shouldn't be driving at all. I support our troops, but it was a life they chose. Getting special treatment in a case where he clearly could be putting thousands at risk yearly isn't a good call.

I often wonder if I'm ever going to be able to just one day stop driving all on my own.
I predict I will have to be forced to stop.

And even than i'll probably cheat.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2019 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

And this. I agree.

I find that by watching shows like this when I was younger, I learned what not to do when confronted by the law. Basically stay out of shat.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock