Started on: 11-08-2019 06:35 PM
Replies: 5 (193 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-11-2019 10:11 AM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The brake lights do not work with the brake, they only come on when I turn on the tail lights. I checked the switch above the accelerator. Not sure if it's the brake switch. Any other suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it were an old car, I would say check the grounds on the taillight assembly, but with a newer car, who knows.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

The brake lights do not work with the brake, they only come on when I turn on the tail lights. I checked the switch above the accelerator. Not sure if it's the brake switch. Any other suggestions?

Do your dash lights come on?
Check all of the bulbs and make sure that they are working. I had a bulb short and it caused my lights to not work.

Pull the bulbs one a a time and see if the others start working.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Jake_Dragon. Those are the steps I'd take. Especially the checking of each bulb. I've seen filaments break and end up short to the other pole in the bulb when they are double filament bulbs.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-08-2019).]

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2019 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any car w/ red turn/brake lights often have same problem in my Cave, Sneak Path
Pull all rear sockets out. Look at bulbs when On, in this case w/ park/tail lights On. Only 1 filament should be On.

Pedal or turn switches may have problems too keeping brake lights off.
If not controlled by BCM... likes has same taillight wiring setup as Fiero notchies.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock